mostlylurker

Oscars 2012

I must have been cranky because I didn't love a lot of dresses. Right now - I have photos opening in another window because I can't actually remember any that I really loved! I enjoyed Emma Stone's look but I know most people said - oh, that's the same dress Nicole Kidman wore a few years ago. So what? Emma Stone still looked gorgeous!

I had no problem with Fishsticks' cape. I liked it - and I liked it as a "look" on the carpet too. That is NOT a cape for sitting in - it's a cape for posing & being photographed in! C'mon, it's by Tom Ford!!

The Sun (UK) has lots of photos too.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman...n-pictures.html

I liked Octavia Spencer's Todashi Shoji - draped perfectly! I know - dressing big boobs in a formal can be really difficult. CHristina Hendricks never seems to get it right....

I liked Glenn Close's dress color and the tuxedo jacket. The dress itself - eh. Fit her beautifully though.

Rose Byrne --WAY TOO THIN. Scary thin. Dress was nice but it just highlighted that she's too tiny.

Posted Image

SOFIA VERGARA

Showing off her bombshell curves in a delicate white appliquéd gown, accessorized with a colorful clutch, mega-chandeliers and Casadei pumps, the actress has a white night at the Vanity Fair party in West Hollywood.

Anyone find better shots of this dress?? I almost always love what she wears, but couldn't find any good pics...

I think Jolie looked stunning!

She appeared to be in the sky when she spoke,and she could use a few pounds, but I think she wore that dress well.

I didn't care too much for Jho's dress.

Michelle Williams looked cute.

Rooney Mara looked plain.

A few I didn't like:

Posted Image

MILEY CYRUS

Posted Image

KATY PERRY

Posted Image

ANNA PAQUIN

I realize all three of these dresses were at after parties only, but still... ick.

Posted Image

SOFIA VERGARA

Showing off her bombshell curves in a delicate white appliquéd gown, accessorized with a colorful clutch, mega-chandeliers and Casadei pumps, the actress has a white night at the Vanity Fair party in West Hollywood.

Anyone find better shots of this dress?? I almost always love what she wears, but couldn't find any good pics...

Absolutely gorgeous!

That's the Emma Stone dress I liked ;-)

Posted Image

I thought it was okay, I just wish she wouldn't dress like she's in her 40's.....

A few I didn't like:

Posted Image

MILEY CYRUS

Posted Image

KATY PERRY

Posted Image

ANNA PAQUIN

I realize all three of these dresses were at after parties only, but still... ick.

Miley looks like Helen Mirren ( Helen is gorgeous, so the comparison denotes to age).

That blue does NOT go with hat kinda dress.

That black and gold dress looks like a shower curtain.

Forgot to mention, loved Milla Jovovich's dress.

I don't have strong opinions about her dress- but WHERE did her accent go? My husband's "Barney" movie is Fifth Element - boy has she grown since then!

One thing I thought was really funny, the Justin Bieber bit with Billy! :lol: Then Justin calls Billy the wrong name!! :D

Forgot to mention, loved Milla Jovovich's dress.

I don't have strong opinions about her dress- but WHERE did her accent go? My husband's "Barney" movie is Fifth Element - boy has she grown since then!

Mr. Princess' "Barney" movie is Ultra Violet :D

Posted Image

I thought it was okay, I just wish she wouldn't dress like she's in her 40's.....

This is the giant christmas bow!

This is the giant christmas bow!

Nicole did it better.

She appeared to be in the sky when she spoke,and she could use a few pounds, but I think she wore that dress well.

i thought she looked great as well. Joan named her worst dressed -- not because of the dress, but because of the posing. :rolleyes:

Edited by tyler

Forgot to mention, loved Milla Jovovich's dress. And her first time as the Oscars!

Posted Image

Loved it also! Loved Goopy's dress (runs and hides in shame), hated the cape; also didn't care for J Lo's dress

i thought she looked great as well. Joan named her worst dressed -- not because of the dress, but because of the posing. :rolleyes:

Forgot to mention loved Jolie's dress also; didn't care for the posing, but didn't watch so I can't hate - maybe she was drunk/nervous. Thought she looked too skinny, but she always does, and from someone who's been dealing with an eating disorder, I can appreciate how difficult it is to deal with people who say, 'just eat a sandwich'

The posing reeked a little sarcasm in my opinion, but, yes it was silly none-the-less, but to say she didn't look stunning I'd be biased.

Forgot to mention loved Jolie's dress also; didn't care for the posing, but didn't watch so I can't hate - maybe she was drunk/nervous. Thought she looked too skinny, but she always does, and from someone who's been dealing with an eating disorder, I can appreciate how difficult it is to deal with people who say, 'just eat a sandwich'

She seemed be on something, but, I will accept be inebriated as the reason for that silly pose although I think she was being sarcastic. She needs more than a sandwich!

She seemed be on something, but, I will accept be inebriated as the reason for that silly pose although I think she was being sarcastic. She needs more than a sandwich!

LOL, I'm guessing you're right about being more than alcohol. . .