princess

Johnny Depp

Johnny Depp Fears Hollywood Family

Johnny Depp's "greatest fear" is his children becoming actors.

The 'Public Enemies' star - who has 10-year-old daughter Lily-Rose and Jack, seven, with French singer Vanessa Paradis - is worried his children's interest in his career will see them follow in his Hollywood footsteps.

He said: "One thing is certain - neither of them will ever get bored. I always show them my various costumes and they love it. My children seem to take my job for granted. But I honestly hope that Lily-Rose and Jack don't want to become actors - that's my greatest fear!"

Johnny says his family is the most important thing in his life and he is more interested in pleasing them than winning acting awards.

The 46-year-old star explained to Germany's Joy magazine: "I'm just an actor and not a hero. It doesn't make any sense to me that I should leave the world anything. To me only one thing is really important - I want my children to be proud of me!"

Source monstersandcritics.com

I love him! I really thinks he sounds so down to earth. Unlike other stars who sound "normal" and then act like their shit doesn't stink.

I love Johnny Depp, pure and simple. A man who cares so deeply for his family is beyond measure.

Johnny Depp Ready To Rock

Johnny Depp is to play guitar live with his favourite British band.

The 'Pirates of the Caribbean' actor is being lined up to appear with Babybird next month when they make their comeback at a small London venue.

Johnny, 46, has already played a large part in the 'You're Gorgeous' hitmakers' return, by directing the video to the first single from their new album 'Ex-Maniac'.

He was pictured on the set of the video with British actor Stephen Graham - who he starred alongside in 'Public Enemies' - in September.

Babybird have previously revealed Johnny was instrumental in getting the album made, after he introduced frontman Stephen Jones to some of his music producer friends.

A spokesperson for the group said: "Grammy nominated producers Bruce Witkin and Ryan Dorn were introduced to Jones by long-time Babybird fan Johnny Depp, who also makes a cameo appearance on the new recording."

Johnny is no stranger to the music world.

He played slide guitar on Oasis song 'Fade In-Out', which featured on the band's third album 'Be Here Now', and has appeared on British TV with Irish group The Pogues.

Babybird are scheduled to make their live return on November 12 at the Hoxton Bar and Kitchen in London.

Source contactmusic

Johnny Depp Rescues Cage

Johnny Depp has vowed to save Nicolas Cage from financial ruin.

The 'Pirates of the Caribbean' hunk was horrified to hear the actor has ran into difficulties over a $6million tax bill and has pledged to support the 'Con Air' hunk through his plight because of the assistance he gave Johnny when he was first trying to make it in Hollywood.

A friend of the pair told Britain's Daily Express newspaper: "Johnny called Nicolas and basically told him not to worry and he'd help him and sort everything out.

"Johnny feels he owes his career to Nicolas and now wants to repay him - if Nicolas agrees.

"Johnny has never forgotten what Nic did for him."

Nicolas met Johnny over 20 years ago when the 'Sleepy Hollow' star was a struggling musician.

The 'Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans' actor linked Johnny up with his agent, a move which eventually secured him his breakthrough role in 'A Nightmare On Elm Street'.

The Hollywood pair first met in the 80s when Johnny was a struggling musician.

Film star Nicolas saw Johnny's star potential and sent him to his agent, who got him a role in 'A Nightmare On Elm Street'.

Nicolas - whose films have grossed £3.9billion - is facing financial ruin after getting landed with his staggering tax bill.

He owes $6 million in back taxes from 2007 and is suing his former manger for bad financial advice.

Source monstersandcritics.com

Johnny Depp ‘To Earn $30m For Next Pirates Movie’

JOHNNY Depp will earn at least $30million to star in the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

According to British newspaper The Sun, Depp’s fee is a guaranteed minimum for the film, On Stranger Tides, but could soar even higher if it is a huge box-office hit — making the hunk Hollywood’s current highest-paid actor when he returns as Captain Jack Sparrow for the fourth film in the series.

It places Depp ahead of Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks and Mel Gibson, who command around $26million a movie.

Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom won’t be starring in On Stranger Tides.

Geoffrey Rush will again play Captain Barbossa and Penelope Cruz may be the female lead.

“The movie will feature flashbacks to Jack’s early life,” a source said.

Source showbizspy.com

Johnny Depp wins his 2nd 'Sexiest Man Alive' title

Get lost, Hugh Jackman. This year's "Sexiest Man Alive" is once again Johnny Depp.

Depp nudged aside Jackman to get the coveted endorsement from People magazine Wednesday. It's the 46-year-old actor's second time as "Sexiest Man Alive." He also won in 2003.

Kate Coyne, senior editor at People, said on CBS' "Early Show" that Depp has achieved an almost "iconic status in terms of sexiness."

Says Coyne: "Johnny Depp was someone who was sexy 10 years ago. He'll be sexy 10 years from now. He's someone who appeals to multiple generations of women."

Depp joins other double winners Brad Pitt, George Clooney and Richard Gere.

Matt Bomer, who stars in USA's "White Collar," was named "Sexiest Rising Star."

___

On the Net:

http://www.people.com

what a man! What a hunk. They are right ...he was sexy years ago and will be sexy years from now....long after the Hugh's and the GMD's will be history! The thing with Johnny is you hear such nice things about how he treats his fans and the public...that adds to his attractiveness. It makes him even sexier that he treats his fans with respect. I beleive he knows he would be nothing without his fans putting him up there by going to his movies and supporting him!

There is such a difference in Johnny- a real movie star and the ungrateful, untalented "stars" of today...reality show "stars" and others who beleive they don't owe their fans a thing. Johnny has class. Can you even imagine a person like Lilo or the Spencer/ "whats her name wife" or the Kadassians signing autographs for fans or leaving a gigantic tip for the waiter in Chicago like Johnny has done!! No way. They act like they deserve everything they get and fuck anyone else who gets in their way!!!

Johnny Depp Cage Rumors Denied

JOHNNY Depp won’t be lending a helping hand to his financially-troubled pal Nicolas Cage — despite recent claims to the contrary.

It had been reported that the Pirates of The Caribbean actor was shocked to hear Cage is on the brink of financial ruin and and has pledged to support the Con Air star through his difficulties.

“Johnny called Nicolas and basically told him not to worry and he’d help him and sort everything out,” a source told UK newspaper the Daily Express.

“Johnny feels he owes his career to Nicolas and now wants to repay him — if Nicolas agrees.

“Johnny has never forgotten what Nic did for him.”

But Cage’s rep says the report is “not true.”

Nicolas met Johnny over 20 years ago when the Sleepy Hollow star was a struggling musician.

The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans actor linked Johnny up with his agent, a move which eventually secured him his breakthrough role in A Nightmare On Elm Street.

Nicolas — whose films have grossed over $5 billion — is facing financial ruin after getting landed with his staggering tax bill.

He owes $6 million in back taxes from 2007 and is suing his former manger for bad financial advice.

Source showbizspy.com

Johnny Depp sits atop Hollywood’s real A list

Actor combines Oscar-nominated acting chops, mass box-office appeal

By Dorothy Pomerantz

updated 6:37 a.m. PT, Wed., Dec . 2, 2009

There are prestige actors who win tons of awards and then there are blockbuster actors who guarantee boffo box office around the world. The stars who can succeed in both worlds are the most coveted actors in Hollywood.

No one straddles that divide better than Johnny Depp. Thanks to his highly original performance as Captain Jack Sparrow in Disney's “Pirates of the Caribbean” series, the three films have earned a collective $2.7 billion at the box office worldwide.

Over the past five years, Depp's films (which include “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,” but not the first “Pirates” movie, which came out in 2003) have earned $3 billion, putting him at the top of our earners list.

Depp has also been nominated three times in the Oscars' Best Actor category, though he has never won. One of those nominations was for his work in “Pirates,” but the others were for less-seen films, including 2004's “Finding Neverland,” which earned $117 million.

Depp's combination of acting chops and mass appeal puts him at the top of Hollywood's Real A List, our first list of actors who have been nominated for Oscars and who have also made good money at the box office.

To compile our list, we looked at all the actors who were nominated over the past five years in the Best Actor/Actress and Best Supporting Actor/Actress categories. We then added up the box office for the films each actor had starred in during that same time period. We only included box office takes for movies in which actors had a supporting role if they were nominated for an Oscar in the supporting category. So for example, Morgan Freeman gets box office credit for “Million Dollar Baby,” for which he won the best supporting actor Oscar, but not for his supporting role in “The Dark Knight.”

We also compiled a separate list ranking the actors by how many times in the past five years each had been nominated. Cate Blanchett topped that list with four Oscar nods in the past five years. Two of those nominations came in 2007 when she was nominated for Best Actress for “Elizabeth: The Golden Age“ and for Best Supporting Actress for “I'm Not There.” But with box office earnings of $824 million, it wasn't enough to land her in the overall top 10, at which we arrived by adding up actors' rankings on the Oscar and box office lists, picking the 10 with the lowest sums.

Ranking second after Depp is Brad Pitt. The heartthrob actor proved he's more than just a pretty face when he earned a Best Actor nomination for his work in “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.” The nod was Pitt's second, a rare feat for any actor, and the film earned a healthy $334 million at the box office.

The late Heath Ledger ranks third. Over the past five years, his films earned $1.3 billion (mostly thanks to “The Dark Knight”) and the actor earned two Oscar nominations. He won posthumously last year for his portrayal of the Joker.

Meryl Streep, the most nominated actress of all time, is the highest-ranking woman on our list with two Oscar nominations in the last five years and $1.3 billion in box office earnings, thanks to recent hits like “Mamma Mia!” and “Julie & Julia.” Streep comes in fifth behind Will Smith.

© 2009 Forbes.com

Johnny Depp 'Still Surprised By Awards'

Johnny Depp has admitted that he is still baffled when he wins awards for his acting, reports The AP.

The Pirates Of The Caribbean star was honoured with a lifetime achievement prize at the Bahamas International Film Festival this weekend.

Speaking to reporters at the event, he said: "Whenever anybody says they are going to give me some kind of award, I'm always a little stupefied by the notion.

"The first thing I say is, 'Why?' I just go to work like anyone else, except my job happens to be a little stranger."

Depp, who was presented with his award by Sean Connery, also joked that he is "still amazed" to get job offers after so many years in the industry.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

He is so cool! Talk about humble! I love him. He will be still making movies long after most of these new "kid movie actors" are long forgotten about . And people will still be going to see him ! Rock on Johnny!

Depp Honoured To Fill Ledger's Shoes

JOHNNY DEPP felt "privileged" to replace HEATH LEDGER in new movie THE IMAGINARIUM OF DR. PARNASSUS, describing the late star as a "thundering and ungovernable talent".

Ledger was midway through making the movie when he died from an accidental drug overdose in January 2008.

Director Terry Gilliam chose to fill his character in the remaining scenes with an ensemble cast of Jude Law, Colin Farrell and Depp, who starred in his 1998 movie Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Depp admits it was tough filling the Oscar winner's shoes, but he felt honoured to share the screen with an actor he admired.

He tells Moviefone.com, "Though the circumstances of my involvement are extremely heartrending and unbelievably sad, I feel privileged to have been asked aboard to stand in on behalf of dear Heath...

"He was the only player out there breathing heavy down the back of every established actor's neck with a thundering and ungovernable talent that came up on you quick, hissing rather mischievously with that cheeky grin, 'Hey... get on out of my way boys, I'm coming through!' And does he ever!"

Source contactmusic

Exhausted Johnny Depp

Johnny Depp finds working on his new movie "exhausting".

The actor admits spending so much time filing against a green screen - so CGI animated sets and characters can be add later - is challenging and has been wearing him out.

He said: "I like an obstacle. I don't mind having to spew dialogue while having to step over a dolly track while some guy is holding a card. But the green itself is exhausting. It beats you up. You're kind of befuddled at the end of the day."

Despite previously working with visual effects on the 'Pirates of the Caribbean' movies, Johnny said he still couldn't understand what was going on around him on the new movie.

He said: "It's like walking in a world where you don't know the language and your friend has to coach you along. I don't know the language, but Tim does. If he tells me an emotion he wants, I can get there, because, in green screen, you could be walking on the backs of giant pigs with a crow sticking out of your ear. It could be anything. But he knows what's happening."

Source femalefirst

Johnny Depp looks amused while unveiling his lifesize statue in Serbia

Posted Image

E! Online has the photos we are referring to here

Posted Image

Dreamboat Johnny Depp unveiled a lifesize statue of himself at the International Küstendorf Film & Music Festival on Wednesday in southwestern Serbia yesterday. He was smirking and you could tell he got a huge kick out of it. The statue of the 46 year-old didn’t look much like him, even in his 21 Jump Street days, and he found some humor in the situation. Johnny was at the festival on the invitation of Serbian director Emir Kusturica, who said that he plans to cast him as Mexican revolutionary Pancho Villa in an upcoming film.

Hollywood heartthrob Johnny Depp was honoured Wednesday with a life-size statue in Serbia.

“The Pirates of the Caribbean” star had a statue in his image unveiled to him by renowned Serbian director Emir Kusturica during an annual film festival - called Kustendorf - held in a mountain village in southwestern Serbia.

Depp met with Serbian President Boris Tadic upon his arrival on Tuesday.

He was then flown by helicopter to the mountaintop village constructed by Kusturica for one of his movies.

Kusturica, a two-time Cannes Film Festival winner, said he plans to make a movie with Depp.

Depp would play legendary Mexican revolutionary Pancho Villa.

“Depp will be my guest for three days,” Kusturica said.

“He will lead several workshops for participants of the festival, drink wine, watch films and visit some locations where he will shoot a film about Pancho Villa.”

[From AP]

Johnny has gained some weight, probably for the recently filmed role as a down on his luck journalist in The Rum Diary. He still looks great to me, but he has more of an adorable quality now.

I would love to see Johnny play a Mexican revolutionary! I quickly read over Pancho Villa’s biography and it’s extraordinary. Villa was a leader in the Mexican Revolution around 1911 and was known for his bold, Robin Hood type tactics. Here are two of his memorable campaigns, as detailed in Wikipedia. “In one notable escapade, he held 122 bars of silver ingot from a train robbery (and a Wells Fargo employee) hostage and forced Wells Fargo to help him sell the bars for cash.” He also printed his own money and “decreed his paper money to be traded and accepted at par with gold Mexican pesos, then forced the wealthy to give forced loans that would allow to pay salaries to the army as well as food and clothes.” The US sent General John J. Pershing and 10,000 troops to pursue Villa, but the mission was abandoned after a year. Johnny will play the hell out of that role.

Posted Image

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Johnny Depp looks amused while unveiling his lifesize statue in Serbia

Johnny Depp Fascinated By Madness

Johnny Depp understands his 'Alice in Wonderland' character's madness.

The American actor - who plays the Mad Hatter in director Tim Burton's fantasy-adventure movie 'Alice in Wonderland' - said he was dragged into his characters odd sense of reality whilst researching Lewis Carroll's classic story.

The 46-year-old star said: "I started reading the books and understanding the character and the significance of the letter M. There's a moment when he says, 'I'm investigating things that begin with the letter M'. That was huge for me. Hatters were referred to as mad because of the mercury they used to use in the glue. Mercury was the M. I found that fascinating."

Johnny recently admitted he found the movie "exhausting" because he'd spent so much time filming against a green screen so CGI animated characters could be added later.

He said: "The green itself is exhausting. It beats you up. You're kind of befuddled at the end of the day."

Source contactmusic

Depp Shuns Sexiest Man Title

JOHNNY DEPP has shunned People magazine's Sexiest Man Alive title - admitting he thought the honour was a "joke".

The Pirates of the Caribbean star, who previously scooped the award in 2003, proved he is still making fans swoon at the age of 46 after winning the prize in 2009.

Depp nudged out hunky 2008 winner Hugh Jackman, but insists he doesn't belong on the list, next to other double winners including Brad Pitt, George Clooney and Richard Gere.

He tells the Associated Press, "That should be someone else, that confuses me beyond recognition. I don't know how to react. I really thought it was a joke."

Source contactmusic

How very disappointing to read this. I wonder if he'd feel the same way if it was his darling daughter Lily-Rose who was the victim? She's only a couple of years younger than the victim was when the rape occurred.

source

Johnny Depp defends Roman Polanski

Jan. 30, 2010 03:00 AM

Johnny Depp has defended Roman Polanski.

The 46-year-old actor - who worked with the director on the movie 'The Ninth Gate' in 1999 - believes there may be shady dealings behind the scenes concerning Polanski's arrest for a 30-year-old statutory rape charge.

He said: "Why now? Obviously there is something going on somewhere. Somebody has made a deal with someone. Maybe there was a little money involved, but why now?"

The 'Pirates of the Caribbean' star also insisted the 76-year-old director was a family man.

He told the Independent newspaper: "Roman is not a predator. He's 75 or 76 years old. He has got two beautiful kids, he has got a wife that he has been with for a long long time. He is not out on the street."

Roman was taken into custody at Zurich airport last September at the request of authorities, who are still attempting to sentence him for the alleged sexual assault of a 13-year-old girl in 1977.

Angelina Jolie ‘harassing Johnny Depp By Email And Text Message’

ANGELINA Jolie is planning to steal Johnny Depp away from his partner Vanessa Paradis, insiders say.

The actress — whose relationship with partner Brad Pitt is in “full meltdown mode” — reportedly has her slutty sights set on the Pirates of The Caribbean hunk, her costar in upcoming movie The Tourist.

“She’s already started—with the same wiles she used to lure Brad out of his marriage to Jennifer Aniston on the set of Mr. & Mrs. Smith,” a source told American magazine Star.

“While going over the script, Angie insisted that she needed to meet alone with Johnny at his LA compound to discuss his acting method.

“She’s already spent hours there drinking red wine with Johnny. She has en been bombarding him with flirty e-mails and burning up the phone lines.

“She goes on and on about how fabulous Johnny is. She’s intense and goes for anything and anyone she wants. She has no limits!”

Source showbizspy.com