princess

Owen Wilson

Wonder what Kate Hudson thinks about all of this?

Reports of Owen suicide try rock Hudson

A distraught-looking Kate Hudson was whisked off the set of “Bachelor No. 2” in Chinatown yesterday after word broke that her ex-boyfriend, “Wedding Crashers” star Owen Wilson, may have attempted suicide on the Left Coast.

“She looked upset,” said Someone Who Was There. “She was on the phone, pacing back and forth. Then her handlers came out, and covered her with an umbrella, and she was ushered into a white SUV and she took off.”

Hudson, who split with her “You, Me and Dupree” co-star back in May, had been filming a scene with co-star Dane Cook inside Centerfolds, the downtown strip club. She has been in Boston for three weeks shooting the romantic comedy accompanied by her new beau, “Employee of the Month” goofball Dax Shepard.

Wilson, 38, who is blamed for busting up Hudson’s marriage to Black Crowesfrontman Chris Robinson, issued a statement pleading for privacy after he was hospitalized for what ABC news termed a “possible suicide attempt.”

“I respectfully ask that the media allow me to receive care and heal in private during this difficult time,” Wilson said in a statement released to Reuters.

Wilson was in good condition at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center yesterday, according to a hospital spokeswoman. She didn’t give the reason for his admission but several reports say that the actor had slashed his wrists and an empty bottle of pills was found next to him.

Santa Monica police said officers responded to a “medical assistance call” at Wilson’s home shortly after noon Sunday. Wilson was transported to Saint John’s Health Center in Santa Monica - the same hospital where New England Patriots [team stats] quarterback Tom Brady [stats]’s baby was born last week.

The National Enquirer reported that paramedics were summoned by a family member who called 911 after finding the actor. Wilson was subsequently transferred to Cedars-Sinai for detox and his brother, actor Luke Wilson, was seen leaving the Beverly Hills treatment center.

According to the Enquirer, Wilson may have been distraught over the break up with Hudson and her subsequent romance with Shepard. The actress has been photographed canoodling with the “Punk’d” field agent in Boston and just this past weekend the couple was snapped in a full-on makeout session in a supermarket in Malibu.

The Tinseltown twosome were also spied walking her son, Ryder, 3, around the Back Bay and taking the tyke out for pizza at the Upper Crust on Beacon Hill. Shepard even hung out with Kate’s ex, Chris Robinson, when he came to town to play at the Irish Festival in Canton.

Perhaps Wilson saw how close they were getting and it sent him over the edge,” speculated one Hollywood insider.

File Under: Tears of a Clown.

I also think he is Bipolar. Becasue I suffer from this myself I really feel bad for the guy. I hope he gets the help he needs and begins to feel better.

I guess it's possible he's bipolar. And I certainly sympathize with anyone who has bipolar disorder--I've had a major depressive episode, myself. (There ya go, Giggity, and let me know when we reach 20 percent of Chitchatters.) But giving the armchair diagnosis of bipolar seems like total speculation at this point. He could be Bipolar II (the type that has hypomania rather than full-on manic episodes, right?), but what are we basing this on? He's been reported to be promiscuous, and sometimes that's a manic thing, but not everyone who's promiscuous is being so as part of a manic episode. He is creative, but you can be creative without mania or hypomania, and we just don't know his patterns around that.

I guess I'm a little bugged because I have had enough contact with the world of psychiatry to know that diagnosing a patient right in front of you with pretty much full access to the facts can be difficult sometimes. Like my best friend, who at one time was diagnosed bipolar but who has also had three or four totally different diagnoses. Something's wrong with her, all right, but several very good psychiatrists can't agree on what exactly that might be. :huh:

It's sad when anybody feels they need to try to end their life.

While it's hard not to just look at his nose when he's onscreen, Owen Wilson is funny and I like most of his movies. He was also good in Behind Enemy Lines in a serious role. I wish the best for him.

Sometimes, the light-hearted, comedic actors who make everyone smile and laugh out loud have the deepest pain and demons inside. I guess it's that inner torment that works itself into comedy/acting.

Owen Wilson has never exhibited any signs of Bipolar Disorder...

This to me is sudden onset depression brought on by withdrawl. I think the answer is simply a junkie who tried detoxing without any professional help.

The Real Story About Kate And Owen

Last night I had a discussion with a woman who spoke to Owen several times over the past few weeks, was at his home this past week and has been in touch with Owen's brother Andrew over the past few days. This is what she had to say, almost word for word. Some of it is in the tabloids, but much of it isn't. This is a woman who has worked on several Wilson brother films and is very close to all three of them.

Owen did indeed try to commit suicide over Kate, but its not totally her fault. They WERE in love. Because of Kate's divorce, she was the one insisting that everything stay very down-low and approached the situation like "will my big strong boyfriend protect me from the gossips?", which is why he went way overboard and threatened to sue anyone that talked about their relationship breaking up her marriage to Chris Robinson. Owen was pestering Kate to marry him. She was VERY committed to Owen and their relationship, but had no intention of agreeing to marriage seeing as how she married so young and wasn't even divorced yet . This made Owen very frustrated and he acted out by leaving her every so often and messing with other girls. She eventually got tired of the yo-yoing and broke up with him for real.

Like most volatile type relationships, they were still messing around even though they never really got back together. One of those "they love each other so much they can't stay away, but neither is willing to do what it takes to make the relationship really work" type of things. So this was going on until Kate went crazy for Dax Shepard. Its killing Owen because Kate is obviously head over heels for Dax. She is even putting Dax ahead of her own son, which she wouldn't do for Owen (remember she insisted the relationship be kept quiet for her son's sake). She's even whispering to friends that Dax is "the one" and she might marry him f he asked and it got back to Owen. She stopped taking Owen's calls and no more booty calls, so Owen went into a pretty bad depression.

Contrary to popular opinion, Owen is as moody and dark as his brother Luke, he's just not dramatic with it. He just gets very quiet and withdrawn when he's low and is not an asshole about it. Also contrary to opinion, Owen is not a doper. He'll take a toke or snort a line to be sociable, but he's not a regular user and he does not offer it in his home when he has parties and stuff. So the whole drug thing isn't really true. He did take some pills and mix it with alcohol (maybe more stuff, not sure) to try to "go to sleep", which is what he told his brother Andrew. My contact says as far as she knows it was just pills, but its possible that he may have slit his wrists as well, but she doesn't believe he did.

She's going to try and find out today and let me know tonight. Owen has been drunk and hiding in his house for a week or more and his brother was there just to kinda keep an eye on him. She also said that Andrew had called several friends including her to come by to try to cheer him up or talk sense into him, which is how she knows this has been going on for at least a week, but Owen refused to see anyone, and just stayed locked up in his room.

So in summary of what I've been told, Owen went into a depression over losing Kate for real, even though its his fault as well. His suicide attempt was more of an immature "you won't come back to me so I'm going to kill myself" thing. Not that attempted suicide for that reason is not serious, but the loss of the relationship is more than half his fault and Kate probably shouldn't be totally blamed for it.

Oh yeah, as an addition. Luke really did have a thing for Kate as well, though nothing happened between him and Kate. Just some sibling rivalry BS really.

Posted Image

While Kate Hudson was reveling in her new romance with Dax Shepard (the two were photographed making out in an L.A. grocery store over the weekend), her ex Owen Wilson was hitting rock bottom.

A depressed Wilson visited St. Monica church in his neighborhood on August 23, out of either devotion or desperation. Three days later, actor Luke Wilson, 35, found his brother in his Santa Monica, California, home with his left wrist slashed, having ingested a quantity of pills.

Owen, 38, who was immediately rushed to the hospital, is now recovering on the eighth floor of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where one staffer was overheard saying to another, "Owen Wilson cut his wrists with a knife."

While the news stunned Owen's fans, members of his and Hudson's inner circles were reportedly all too aware of his private struggles with depression and addiction to cocaine and heroin. (A rep for Owen adamantly denies the actor has ever used heroin or cocaine.)

According to sources close to the actor, his downward spiral only worsened after his June split from Hudson, 28.

"We always thought he was just too fun-loving, but now it's obvious he was just dealing with way too much to handle," says a family friend.

For more details on Owen's descent into depression and drugs, and his roller coaster relationship with ex Kate Hudson, check out the new issue of Us Weekly, on newsstands this week.

usmagazine

The Real Story About Kate And Owen

Last night I had a discussion with a woman who spoke to Owen several times over the past few weeks, was at his home this past week and has been in touch with Owen's brother Andrew over the past few days. This is what she had to say, almost word for word. Some of it is in the tabloids, but much of it isn't. This is a woman who has worked on several Wilson brother films and is very close to all three of them.

Owen did indeed try to commit suicide over Kate, but its not totally her fault. They WERE in love. Because of Kate's divorce, she was the one insisting that everything stay very down-low and approached the situation like "will my big strong boyfriend protect me from the gossips?", which is why he went way overboard and threatened to sue anyone that talked about their relationship breaking up her marriage to Chris Robinson. Owen was pestering Kate to marry him. She was VERY committed to Owen and their relationship, but had no intention of agreeing to marriage seeing as how she married so young and wasn't even divorced yet . This made Owen very frustrated and he acted out by leaving her every so often and messing with other girls. She eventually got tired of the yo-yoing and broke up with him for real.

Like most volatile type relationships, they were still messing around even though they never really got back together. One of those "they love each other so much they can't stay away, but neither is willing to do what it takes to make the relationship really work" type of things. So this was going on until Kate went crazy for Dax Shepard. Its killing Owen because Kate is obviously head over heels for Dax. She is even putting Dax ahead of her own son, which she wouldn't do for Owen (remember she insisted the relationship be kept quiet for her son's sake). She's even whispering to friends that Dax is "the one" and she might marry him f he asked and it got back to Owen. She stopped taking Owen's calls and no more booty calls, so Owen went into a pretty bad depression.

Contrary to popular opinion, Owen is as moody and dark as his brother Luke, he's just not dramatic with it. He just gets very quiet and withdrawn when he's low and is not an asshole about it. Also contrary to opinion, Owen is not a doper. He'll take a toke or snort a line to be sociable, but he's not a regular user and he does not offer it in his home when he has parties and stuff. So the whole drug thing isn't really true. He did take some pills and mix it with alcohol (maybe more stuff, not sure) to try to "go to sleep", which is what he told his brother Andrew. My contact says as far as she knows it was just pills, but its possible that he may have slit his wrists as well, but she doesn't believe he did.

She's going to try and find out today and let me know tonight. Owen has been drunk and hiding in his house for a week or more and his brother was there just to kinda keep an eye on him. She also said that Andrew had called several friends including her to come by to try to cheer him up or talk sense into him, which is how she knows this has been going on for at least a week, but Owen refused to see anyone, and just stayed locked up in his room.

So in summary of what I've been told, Owen went into a depression over losing Kate for real, even though its his fault as well. His suicide attempt was more of an immature "you won't come back to me so I'm going to kill myself" thing. Not that attempted suicide for that reason is not serious, but the loss of the relationship is more than half his fault and Kate probably shouldn't be totally blamed for it.

Oh yeah, as an addition. Luke really did have a thing for Kate as well, though nothing happened between him and Kate. Just some sibling rivalry BS really.

This is that crazy person's blog.....yeah whatever....:wacko: Owen's not the only one who needs therapy.

Owen Wilson Quits New Ben Stiller Movie

Owen Wilson has placed his acting career on hold as he recovers from his suicide attempt.

Wilson, 38, has dropped out of Tropic Thunder, a movie comedy for DreamWorks he was set to begin shooting in two to three weeks with longtime pal Ben Stiller, Variety reports.

Wilson's role was due to take a week, according to the trade paper. Stiller – who is producing, directing and starring in the film – started shooting in Hawaii six weeks ago.

The decision for Wilson to sit out the project was apparently mutual between him and Stiller, and it is unclear whether Wilson will be replaced or if his role will be dropped from the script, says Variety.

Tropic Thunder involves a group of actors on the location set of a war movie who find themselves caught up in a real-life conflict. The comedy also stars Jack Black, Robert Downey, Jr. and Nick Nolte.

Wilson and Stiller, 41, have starred together in eight movies: The Cable Guy (1996), Permanent Midnight (1998), Meet the Parents (2000), Zoolander (2001), The Royal Tenenbaums (2001), Starsky & Hutch (2004), Meet the Fockers (2004) and Night at the Museum (2006).

Wilson is currently in Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles after being taken there Sunday. In his only statement since then, the leading man has asked to be given the privacy to "heal."

Neither DreamWorks nor Wilson's reps have commented on the casting development.

Courtney Love: I Tried to Warn Owen

Wednesday August 29, 2007

Friends and family of Owen Wilson have been rallying around the actor after he attempted to commit suicide on August 26 by slicing his wrist and ingesting pills. They have also been trying to determine where it all went wrong.

“Owen started hanging out around the wrong people again,” says a source.

To wit: At least two sources blame British actor Steve Coogan. The party boy rehab veteran was Owen’s costar in Night at the Museum and Around the World in 80 Days.

"I went through it with Steve," rocker Courtney Love, who dated Coogan, 41, until an acrimonious split in 2006, tells Us.

"I was just out of rehab, and he was right there with the drugs,” she says. “I tried to warn Owen. I tried to warn his friends…I hope from the bottom of my heart that Owen stays the hell away from that guy.”

Indeed, former girlfriend Kate Hudson, 28, “forbid him from letting Coogan into his house. She knew he was bad,” says another source. (Reps for Coogan did not respond to requests for comment.)

“The drugs and partying were a huge factor in the breakup,” says a pal of Hudson, who has a 3-year-old son, Ryder, with ex-husband Chris Robinson. “As much as she liked him, she didn’t want to be around that” – especially given the fact that Robinson is a recovering drug addict.

Wilson's loved ones worried so much about his dependence on hard drugs, Us has learned, that friend Woody Harrelson staged an informal intervention at his Hawaii home in May.

But Owen, 38, continued to withdraw and succumb to depression following his June split from Hudson, who is now dating Punk'd star Dax Shepard – which might have pushed Wilson over the edge.

“Seeing her happy with someone else made him happy that she’d found that,” says one longtime Wilson family friend,” but made him hate himself so much more that he could never do it.”

For more details on Owen's downward spiral into depression, his recovery, and where he’ll go from here, pick up the new issue of Us Weekly, on newsstands this week.

Life Imitates Art for Owen Wilson

Wednesday August 29, 2007

Owen Wilson co-wrote a scene in 2001 movie The Royal Tenenbaums where a character played by real-life brother Luke Wilson, attempted suicide.

Now, Usmagazine.com has learned that in his upcoming movie, The Darjeeling Limited, Wilson plays a man who may have tried to commit suicide himself.

The Darjeeling Limited is a comic drama that follows three brothers played by Wilson, Jason Schwartzman and Adrien Brody, who, after the death of their father, decide to travel via train across India in an attempt to find their long-lost mother.

Wilson's character is very depressed by his father's death, and he wears bandages throughout the movie, implying recent wounds.

A source who has seen the film tells Us, “The suicide attempt is alluded to, but never specifically said. Owen’s character has bandages on throughout the movie (on his face and right hand), but you don’t know why. Toward the end of the movie, his brothers ask him about them. He tells them he was in a car wreck. It’s then alluded to –- but never said -- that the accident was possibly done on purpose. His character may have tried to commit suicide because of their father’s death.”

The Darjeeling Limited will be screened at next week's Venice Film Festival before opening the New York Film Festival on Sept. 28. It will open in limited release on Sept. 29.

Owen did indeed try to commit suicide over Kate, but its not totally her fault.

I don't know anything about that guy's blog or whether he's full of shit or not, but this line really pissed me off. It's not only not TOTALLY Kate's fault, it's not even a little bit her fault. I don't care if she was a complete bitch to him, sucked face with that Dax guy right in front of Owen, or what. No one is responsible for someone else's suicide attempt, period. The suicide attempt is 100% Owen's fault. He is the only one responsible for it.

I don't know anything about that guy's blog or whether he's full of shit or not, but this line really pissed me off. It's not only not TOTALLY Kate's fault, it's not even a little bit her fault. I don't care if she was a complete bitch to him, sucked face with that Dax guy right in front of Owen, or what. No one is responsible for someone else's suicide attempt, period. The suicide attempt is 100% Owen's fault. He is the only one responsible for it.

Exactly. It's your own choice. Nobody else should be put on the spot, no matter what they do. We don't even really know what his reasons were but it is certainly not her fault but I think people just say these things without thinking. She shouldn't be made to feel even the tiniest bit responsible, another guy would not have cared - or been crushed but not dreamed of taking his life. It comes down to who YOU are not someone else or their decisions.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

My question for you guys…Do you think that Kate is on the hard stuff too?

I just can’t imagine having a serious relationship with someone who is addicted to

heroin or coke unless you are addicted as well. Granted, I will never understand the

dynamics of a celeb relationship. I guess if they’re both off shooting movies months

at a time and rarely get to see each other, she could potentially not notice this or care about his addiction.

But she was married to a herion addict before.

What do you guys think?

I've definitely known a few women who were fairly or totally clean themselves but got involved with drug addicts again and again. There was a subtle "rescuing angel" thing going on with them. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Kate H. is using cocaine regularly and/or recreationally, but I doubt she's a heroin user. Just my opinion, of course. I'm curious what others think.

My question for you guys…Do you think that Kate is on the hard stuff too?

I just can’t imagine having a serious relationship with someone who is addicted to

heroin or coke unless you are addicted as well. Granted, I will never understand the

dynamics of a celeb relationship. I guess if they’re both off shooting movies months

at a time and rarely get to see each other, she could potentially not notice this or care about his addiction.

But she was married to a herion addict before.

What do you guys think?

I think that I find it very hard to believe that she married and dated two different heroin addicts and yet never tried it herself- but who's to say how much she might use.

There's a difference between chipping and seriously using. I have known women involved with heroin addicts who don't use heroin, but do use other drugs. Kate's reputation is as a big pothead and occasional user of other substances.

Apparently Mr. Coogan is unhappy with Ms. Love's description of him.

Coogan hits back at Love's 'hurtful' claim

29/08/2007 - 15:41:14 Steve Coogan (pictured) has hit out at ex-flame Courtney Love’s “unfounded” allegations that his lifestyle could have been partly responsible for actor Owen Wilson’s suicide attempt.

Steve Coogan has hit out at ex-flame Courtney Love’s “unfounded” allegations that his lifestyle could have been partly responsible for actor Owen Wilson’s suicide attempt.

The Alan Partridge star, 41, released a statement today calling the reports “unhelpful and hurtful”.

Hollywood actor Wilson is recovering in a Los Angeles hospital after reportedly slashing his wrists following the end of his relationship with Kate Hudson.

He is also reported to have taken a cocktail of illegal drugs.

Love, 43, was quoted as saying that Coogan’s friendship with Wilson might have fuelled the 'Wedding Crashers' star’s alleged drug problems.

The singer and actress was quoted as saying: “Under normal circumstances I wouldn’t comment but I care too much about Owen.

“I went through it with Steve. I tried to warn Owen. I tried to warn his friends.”

A spokeswoman for Coogan said: “These accusations are unfounded, unhelpful and hurtful to all concerned.”

She added: “We are taking legal advice.”

Source: breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/story.asp?j=229817826&p=zz98y853z

(Does anyone know a better way for me to link a source url? I suck at it.)

Here is some legal advice: stfu - hurtful to you? who cares. Love stated an opinion and personal experience. get over it.

Jon Lovitz may standing behind you.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

I think the spin should be: she obviously made the right decision!

Wilson reportedly slit wrists; didn’t overdose

LOS ANGELES - Police were called to Owen Wilson’s house after the actor slit his wrists. However, contrary to other reports, there was no drug overdose, an attorney for Wilson told “Access Hollywood.”

The attorney also told “Access” that the actor did not have his stomach pumped. The attorney said Wilson had been taking antidepressants, but was not aware of any other drugs in his system at the time of the incident.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20503310/?gt1=10252