princess

Kathy Griffin

I'll be TiVoing this one, she's pretty funny. If you're reading this Kathy, come down to San Diego's Comedy Club!! :lol:

Life on 'The D-List' with Kathy Griffin

(Tuesday, March 23 03:52 PM)

By Rick Porter

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Kathy Griffin knows who she is, a quality not to be taken lightly in celebritydom. Or in her case, its outskirts.

"For me, I'm proud. It's actually something I embrace and enjoy," Griffin says of her self-proclaimed D-list status. "Other people like to raise the bar; I like to lower the bar. I feel that if I've made my bar so low, I can always leap over it and feel like I've won."

Griffin's observations about life near the bottom of the Hollywood pecking order make up most of "The D-List," a special debuting at 9 p.m. ET Wednesday (March 24) on Bravo. The one-hour show is based on her semi-regular act at the Laugh Factory in Los Angeles, where she dishes about the more-famous people she encounters -- she takes pains to point out everything she talks about is true and based on her own observation -- and other aspects of life.

She has other things on her mind too, however, ranging from "Average Joe" to the Federal Communications Commission. Here's some of what she had to say during a conference call with reporters last week.

On the content of her special:

"Let me just say that in the special, I imply that based on my observation of Whitney Houston, I think there's a slight chance that she may have a drug problem. Now I know that's a leap, but she's just gone into rehab, and now maybe you know I don't make this stuff up."

On the quality of reality-TV contestants:

"One thing that kind of does discourage me about reality TV is how stupid people are. And yes, I'm being judgmental. I admit it. I can't believe what morons regular people are. Okay? No one ever mentions missing reading the newspaper. You never see someone on a reality show freaking out because they don't know what's going on in the world."

On the other hand:

"I love 'America's Next Top Model.' I don't know if you saw it last [week], but I'm an emotional wreck over the fact that Shandi cheated on her boyfriend. Especially in Milan, on the eve of the big style competition."

On the House bill approving much bigger FCC fines for broadcast indecency:

"I just want to come out in favor of Howard Stern and against these ridiculous FCC fines that the House passed [recently]. I hope someone prints that this is getting really scary and I truly feel free speech is starting to be in jeopardy."

On moving up from the D-list:

"No matter what, I'll always feel like a D-lister, and I'll always live my life from the perspective of a D-lister. So I think I could go to a party at Gwyneth Paltrow's house, and somehow if I got in the inner sanctum, there's no way I'd ever feel like anything but a D-lister. And I'm pretty sure if I did go to a party at Gwyneth's, I'd still be somehow in the bathroom crying."

On "Average Joe: Hawaii":

"I didn't do season two [she hosted the first 'Average Joe'], but I love that she screwed up again. What is wrong with these gorgeous bitches? Can't they get it together? Do they have to pick the one guy out of the whole show who from the beginning is like 'Yeah, I'm not really interested in you'? That's the connection they talk about -- they have a connection with guys who don't even like them that much."

On gift bags:

"Being on the D-list is never as apparent as at gift-bag time. Every so often, that is one of the things I'd envy, is the A-list gift bags. Not so much even the work or the accolades, but the gift bags -- oohh, yummy."

Krstin of E!Kathy Griffin soon gets her own reality-TV show, and she's driving the taxi on The Surreal Life 4

filth2go.com Come to think of it, go to Amazon.com anyway because you MUST pick up Kathy Griffin?s new DVD, Allegedly (a word I know a thing or two about). If you enjoyed her uproarious Bravo special (and who didn?t?), you will LOVE this DVD. Kathy had way too much material for one special, so the very next day, she taped this concert with even more scathing Hollywood dish and hysterical stories. You can get more information on Kathy?s website, KathyGriffin.net.

EOnline.com

KATHY'S BACK: Per the Hollywood Reporter, Bravo ordering six hour-long episodes of the reality series, Kathy Griffin: Life on the D-List . The show featured stand-up material and behind the scenes footage of the comic trying to further her show business career and originally aired as a special on the cable network last year.

KATHY GRIFFIN FIGHTING BLINDNESS

Brash comedienne Kathy Griffin is fighting to save her sight after being

struck down by a rare eye condition.

The funnylady, who is famous for her stand-up routines in which she pokes

fun at Hollywood's top stars, has epithelial ingrowth in her right eye,

which will render her blind unless she gets treatment.

Griffin tells TV's "Entertainment Tonight" on a program to air Wednesday

evening that the condition became apparent after she underwent a third Lasik

eye surgery to improve her sight.

The tearful Griffin insists she's only going public with her condition

because she wants others to hear her cautionary tale of what can happen

after eye surgery.

She tells the show, "There is only one reason I'm coming to you guys and

that's honestly to get the word out. ... I'm not getting anything out of

this. I'm not getting any money.

"I'm not suing anybody; I'm not doing it for publicity; I'm only trying to

tell my story, my opinions, my experience."

She also recalls the terrifying moment when she learned that she was going

blind: "I lost it. I was sitting in his (the surgeon's) office crying,

thinking, 'I'm going to lose my vision in my right eye."

Griffin, who already has a cloudy spot visible in her right eye, is set to

undergo one more eye surgery in an effort to reverse her condition and save

her sight, but she accepts there's a chance it won't work.

She adds, "I hope that maybe I can get my vision back, or maybe arrest it so

it doesn't get any worse, but I really don't know."

I've been watching her Kathy Griffin: Life on the D List show - it's pretty fun. She also did a new stand up called something like "...not Nicole Kidman" that was pretty good too.

I like the show too. My husband thinks she's stupid, but she cracks me up!She talks about how she loves to hang out with gay guys ~ did you guys notice who was at her game night with all of the gays? Lance Bass! Isn't he rumored to be gay?

I like the show too. My husband thinks she's stupid, but she cracks me up!She talks about how she loves to hang out with gay guys ~ did you guys notice who was at her game night with all of the gays? Lance Bass! Isn't he rumored to be gay?

Well you know that his girl-friend Cheryl was rumored to be bi years ago. I remember when she came on the View 3 or 4 years ago. She was out of the pants, makeup and had a new hair style. At that time Star asked her about this new getup she was sporting. She says that now she friends more comfortable with herself and decided to come clean. Those are the words she actually used. Now, at that time I did not know that much about Cheryl or anyting. But, that short segment was taken to Access Hollywood the next night and they made a comment about her coming out of the closet. and sporting a "dress". SInce that time I've read so many rumors about Lance and Cheryl. You just cannot believe everything you hear and only part of what you see these days. JMHO

(NYDailynews.com)PUT A MUZZLE ON IT! Did E! personality Star Jones Reynolds try to put a contract out on her "Live From the Red Carpet" co-host Kathy Griffin? The zinger-tossing comedian claims that's just what Reynolds did. "Star wanted it in my contract at E! that neither I nor a family member, nor an employee of mine would be able to say anything derogatory about her from Aug. 30 through March 5," Griffin tells Steppin' Out's Chaunce Hayden. So did Griffin - who was recently demoted from the red carpet to a commentators' booth - agree to the conditions? "No! Of course not. Absolutely not.My whole career is making fun of everyone, including myself." Yesterday Jones Reynolds didn't deny Griffin's claim but responded through her PR rep, "As the host of E!'s 'Live From the Red Carpet,' it would be inappropriate and unprofessional for me to make a derogatory comment about any member of my team. Everyone knows that's not my style."

(NYDailynews.com)PUT A MUZZLE ON IT! Did E! personality Star Jones Reynolds try to put a contract out on her "Live From the Red Carpet" co-host Kathy Griffin? The zinger-tossing comedian claims that's just what Reynolds did. "Star wanted it in my contract at E! that neither I nor a family member, nor an employee of mine would be able to say anything derogatory about her from Aug. 30 through March 5," Griffin tells Steppin' Out's Chaunce Hayden. So did Griffin - who was recently demoted from the red carpet to a commentators' booth - agree to the conditions? "No! Of course not. Absolutely not.My whole career is making fun of everyone, including myself." Yesterday Jones Reynolds didn't deny Griffin's claim but responded through her PR rep, "As the host of E!'s 'Live From the Red Carpet,' it would be inappropriate and unprofessional for me to make a derogatory comment about any member of my team. Everyone knows that's not my style."

Since when did Star Jones have style? ;)

Since when did Star Jones have style? ;)
Kysbabe,Haven't you noticed her style of haggling almost any distibutor to give her freebies for her wedding and her other style of denying her husbands pre-marital homosexual activities??A few other style she has is also thinking the world of herself and putting herself in outfits that her body (which is still fat) should not be in....I could go on and on, the full would never be told. :) Big ups to Kathy Griffin for not being scared of her. Edited by queenie

Kathy Griffin Files for DivorceMonday Sep 26, 2005 9:05pm ESTMonday Sep 26, 2005 10:05pm EST (updated)Comedian Kathy Griffin filed for divorce from her husband, Matthew Moline, in Los Angeles Superior Court on Friday. Her rep declined to comment, but the divorce papers cited irreconcilable differences. The couple have no children. Griffin and Moline wed in Hollywood in February 2001, as maid of honor Brooke Shields and guest Camryn Manheim looked on. The heavy metal band Night Ranger's "Sister Christian" played as Griffin was given away by her dad, John. "Matt's mom bought the Martha Stewart wedding book," Griffin told PEOPLE at the time. "And I kept saying, 'You're not going to have to crack that book open.'"

Kathy Griffin Files for Divorce

Monday Sep 26, 2005 9:05pm EST

Monday Sep 26, 2005 10:05pm EST (updated)

people.com

Posted Image

CREDIT: BOB SCOTT / CELEBRITY PHOTO

Comedian Kathy Griffin filed for divorce from her husband, Matthew Moline, in Los Angeles Superior Court on Friday.

Her rep declined to comment, but the divorce papers cited irreconcilable differences.

The couple have no children.

Griffin and Moline wed in Hollywood in February 2001, as maid of honor Brooke Shields and guest Camryn Manheim looked on.

The heavy metal band Night Ranger's "Sister Christian" played as Griffin was given away by her dad, John.

"Matt's mom bought the Martha Stewart wedding book," Griffin told PEOPLE at the time. "And I kept saying, 'You're not going to have to crack that book open.'"

EOnline.com

...Per court papers filed Friday in Los Angeles, Griffin, 43, is asking a judge to divvy up their assets based on a prenuptial agreement. She is also asking that no spousal support be awarded to Moline.

Think she'll get to keep her A-List house??

(IMDB.COM)Kathy Griffin Files for Divorce US comedienne Kathy Griffin has filed for divorce from her husband of four-and-a-half years. The Suddenly Susan actress married Matt Moline in February 2001 - but in papers submitted at Los Angeles Superior Court on Friday, Griffin cites irreconcilable differences. The 43-year-old requests that the couple's assets be divided and that Moline be denied spousal support.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/indexd?blogid=7

Griffin Fighting For Marriage

Comedienne Kathy Griffin is fighting to save her marriage to Matt Moline.

Griffin filed for divorce last month, but now insists she hasn't given up

hope on rescuing their four-year union.

She tells Page Six, "I have a one-nighter coming up in Colorado, and he's

going with me. We're trying to work things out."