Sign in to follow this  
princess

Dolly Parton

I'm on Team Dolly. Admittedly I'm not a Howard Stern fan and if I was just flipping radio stations and heard him playing that, I might wonder what the hell possessed Dolly Parton to talk like that. I don't know that I'd figure out that he edited an audio book of hers as a joke. She has every right to be irate that he manipulated her voice to make it sound like she said those vile and disgusting things. If anyone manipulated my voice to make it sound like I was saying anything about little boys assholes, I'd be spitting mad, too.

Wow, Dolly...So much crap, destruction and death in the world and you whine about this? :rolleyes:

Yeah well, I listened to the clips on D-Listed and if I were her, I'd raise holy hell too. There's always crap, destruction and death going on - that doesn't mean we should sit back and not defend ourselves. JMO.

I agree - she ought to raise a huge stink about this.

Whenever someone doesn't have a decent response, they raise the spectre of "all the death and destruction in the world" (or some equivalent) as if its existence automatically wipes out all other problems and issues and renders all complaints supremely selfish and silly. It's a false premise and a hypocritically weak argument - actually it's no argument at all. It's just there to bludgeon someone else's point without actually putting ones own point forward in rebuttal.

So much crap, destruction and death in the world and people spend time on a gossip newsgroup? :rolleyes:

So much crap, destruction and death in the world and people worry about illegal wiretapping? :rolleyes:

So much crap, destruction and death in the world and people bother about recycling? :rolleyes:

So much crap, destruction and death in the world and people watch television? :rolleyes:

See what I mean? It's hypocritical nonsense. Those using it are generally not desperately trying to solve the issues of death and destruction in the world as their life's work. It's an argument for people who can't think of a real argument.

Howard Stern has obsessive followers who will defend anything he says or does. It's somewhat understandable among his younger devotees - children have their crazy fandoms. It's absolutely appalling among the adults who listen to him. With that bunch, it's just plain creepy. I have a brother in that bunch - it's absolutely insane, completely irrational, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Wow, Dolly...So much crap, destruction and death in the world and you whine about this? :rolleyes:

If you don't whine about people using your lifes work to put ugly words in your mouth, then what is worth whining about.

Besides, maybe she whines about the other crap too. She may not be able to do anything about that crap, but she can do something about this crap.

What will her lawsuit be about, hell, I don't know, but how about stealing her work without her permission, causing emotional distress, fraud, negligent infliction of emotional distress, intentional infliction of emotional distress for starters.

People give howard a free ride because they think its funny, maybe its time the ride stopped because racism, etc, isn't funny.

I took a course in college called "Humor in America". One of the thoughts was that people laugh when they're extremely uncomfortable but don't know what to say. That's why people laugh at Howard Stern when he crosses such lines. It's a type of body function to cover a stunned reaction. Or so they said in the course...

If you don't whine about people using your lifes work to put ugly words in your mouth, then what is worth whining about.

Besides, maybe she whines about the other crap too. She may not be able to do anything about that crap, but she can do something about this crap.

What will her lawsuit be about, hell, I don't know, but how about stealing her work without her permission, causing emotional distress, fraud, negligent infliction of emotional distress, intentional infliction of emotional distress for starters.

People give howard a free ride because they think its funny, maybe its time the ride stopped because racism, etc, isn't funny.

Good points...But I'm in the mindset that Dolly's work and lifetime of contributions to our lives are held to a higher standard, than Howard Stern's ugliness(even though I am a fan).

I didn't think she would've paid attention to this as is to pay attention to real problems or suffering. Her defense/lawsuit of her image, words, can add more attention(it already has) to this situation...when I felt she could easily ignore it...or quietly file a lawsuit, meet with him privately, etc. She's a legend, why give a flying f*ck what Stern says with his section of listeners?

We can agree to disagree...it's all good.

So let's see what her lawsuit will be...or will it be thrown out in a court of law. It will be interesting. :D

Edited by BobbyD

No worries BobbyD.

Now pass the frap and cheetos roomie. ;)

Edited by tyler

I'm not sure what you would call it exactly, but if it were me, I'd be suing because he used my name and voice without my permission. He used copyrighted audio clips without permission. He edited my voice to make it sound like I said things that I would never in a million years say and which I find personally repugnant. By doing this, and by not stating up front and clearly that this was something he put together through editing and that I did not actually say those things, my fans (if I were famous and had any LOL) may think that I did and decide that they were so disgusted by what I'd said that they were no longer going to buy my albums, go to my concerts, etc. This causes me to lose income, not to mention the emotional turmoil that it would put me through. I'm not a lawyer and don't play one on tv either, but I think she actually would have a very strong legal argument in a lawsuit.

Howard has done this with dozens of people including Oprah, Dr Phil, Robin, Ahnold, William Shatner and George Takei.

There is no way people listening would actually think it was really Dolly talking. I think there are ligit reasons to get mad at Howard but this is not one of them, Dolly needs to get a sense of humor!

Agree 100%. Nobody would think these were really Dolly. And all these other people, including f--ing OPRAH WINFREY, didn't care. Dolly needs to get over herself and get a sense of humor.

There's no way she'd win a lawsuit about this.

And I say this as both a Howard and a Dolly fan.

Never say never.

That's probably what people said when the lady sued McDonalds after burning herself with hot coffee.

(She went through the drive thru, put the coffee between her legs and drove away.. . .) :D

PS

When did racism get to be funny? I must have missed that memo.

Edited by tyler

Howard has done this with dozens of people including Oprah, Dr Phil, Robin, Ahnold, William Shatner and George Takei.

There is no way people listening would actually think it was really Dolly talking. I think there are ligit reasons to get mad at Howard but this is not one of them, Dolly needs to get a sense of humor!

Agree 100%. Nobody would think these were really Dolly. And all these other people, including f--ing OPRAH WINFREY, didn't care. Dolly needs to get over herself and get a sense of humor.

And I say this as both a Howard and a Dolly fan.

I don't know... did you hear about the asshole who flew from LA to NY on Jet Blue. He flew on standby and only because the flight attendant gave up her jumper seat. The pilot did not like that idea, an told him to stay in the restroom the entire flight. Now he is suing for $2 million for "embarassment". Although he got there safely, he felt his life was endanger and can no longer fly....

Can you imagine what kind of crap he was pulling in the airport to get the flight attendant to agree with that in the first place?

Back to Dolly - Maybe I misread it - but she said IF she would ever sue, this would be the reason. I don't think she will, but the is the best reason she has ever had....

The best thing Dolly could do is come on the show. She'd have a great time, she'd laugh and all would be forgiven. Howard is one of the best interviewers around. That's what George Takei did and it helped to revitalize his career.

The best thing Dolly could do is come on the show. She'd have a great time, she'd laugh and all would be forgiven. Howard is one of the best interviewers around. That's what George Takei did and it helped to revitalize his career.

Yeah. She should do what Shattner did. Go on the show and laugh it off. He was mimicking his own book-on-tape. Hysterical!

And Howard would be kind to her if she went on. She has a good sense of humor, so I bet they'd totally get along even if she confronted him about the recordings.

Never say never.

That's probably what people said when the lady sued McDonalds after burning herself with hot coffee.

(She went through the drive thru, put the coffee between her legs and drove away.. . .) :D

PS

When did racism get to be funny? I must have missed that memo.

Racism isn't funny.

What's funny is the concept that Dolly Parton --- Dolly Parton of all people!!! --- would say these over-the-top, ridiculous racist things. Or sexual things. It's absurd.

No worries BobbyD.

Now pass the frap and cheetos roomie. ;)

Here you go...you just keep up with that sexy, lawyering, legal talk... ;)

*rubs nipples* :P

Parton "shocked" at Howard Stern radio segmet

By Jonathan Cohen

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Country music star Dolly Parton has hit back against Howard Stern's satellite radio show, which last week manipulated recordings from one of her audio books into seemingly racist and sexually graphic sound bites.

Pretty uncool Howard.

Go Dolly.

Team Dolly here. Once something like that is out there, it can't be taken back.

Seriously. If you're going to pick on someone - why choose her? She's fucking awesome.

I hope she sues him for a fortune over this. Howard Stern proves once again that he's an idiot. I've defended him in the past over that obscenity crap and the fines, but that doesn't blind me to the major case of stunted development and bad taste he's carting around. What an asshole.

TEAM DOLLY.

LIGHTEN UP, DOLLY

Page Six

May 20, 2008 --

HOWARD Stern wants to make peace with Dolly Parton. The country legend said she was "humiliated and shocked" last week when Stern staffers mashed up an audio book of hers, stringing together words to form racist and vulgar statements in an ongoing routine on the show. "I would never have such vulgar things come out of my mouth," Parton said in a statement. "If there was ever going to be a lawsuit, it's going to be over this." But Stern claims Parton has no case, as the tape was a parody - and he really likes Dolly, anyway. "She's had a long career and she's been hot the whole time," Stern said yesterday on his show, trying to placate the buxom singer.

LIGHTEN UP, DOLLY

Page Six

May 20, 2008 --

HOWARD Stern wants to make peace with Dolly Parton. The country legend said she was "humiliated and shocked" last week when Stern staffers mashed up an audio book of hers, stringing together words to form racist and vulgar statements in an ongoing routine on the show. "I would never have such vulgar things come out of my mouth," Parton said in a statement. "If there was ever going to be a lawsuit, it's going to be over this." But Stern claims Parton has no case, as the tape was a parody - and he really likes Dolly, anyway. "She's had a long career and she's been hot the whole time," Stern said yesterday on his show, trying to placate the buxom singer.

He's such a pig. She probably can't win a suit against him for pulling that crap on her but she can certainly ignore his pathetic attempt to kiss her ass.

She's one of the nicest people in show business and I hope she cuts him dead for the rest of her life. She probably won't - she's too genuinely kind.

LIGHTEN UP, DOLLY

Page Six

May 20, 2008 --

He's such a pig. She probably can't win a suit against him for pulling that crap on her but she can certainly ignore his pathetic attempt to kiss her ass.

She's one of the nicest people in show business and I hope she cuts him dead for the rest of her life. She probably won't - she's too genuinely kind.

He wasn't kissing her ass. He was merely saying that it was JOKE and that he liked her. And he had the same suggestion I had - come on the show and have some fun.

He wasn't kissing her ass. He was merely saying that it was JOKE and that he liked her. And he had the same suggestion I had - come on the show and have some fun.

Sometimes Stern's jokes aren't actually funny.

He apparently likes her gigantic fake tits, her enduring hotness is the only "nice" thing he can think of to say about a legendary and prolific singer/songwriter. :rolleyes: I definitely think he was kissing her ass and he'll probably be kissing it a lot more. Stern has a surprising number of lesbian listeners and he's been hearing from them. Loudly. You don't fuck with Dolly around the sisterhood.

Parton's generous enough to cut him a break, go on the show and pretend everything's nice-nice but I wish she'd just let him hang. This wasn't fun or funny, this was mortifying for Dolly Parton. If someone else thinks it was "fun" then it was "fun" for them and that's their business. It was actually about her - she gets to decide how to take it. She was offended and embarrassed and she has every right to be. Stern made his bed and I'd let him rot in it but Dolly's a lot kinder and gentler than I am.

LIGHTEN UP, DOLLY

Page Six

May 20, 2008 --

True!

People who didn't hear the recent shows probably won't understand. Dolly's just suffering from a lack of a sense of humor. Or, more likely, a need for publicity. She should go on the show and have fun with him. She liked him before, and was cool with the Randy Garber interviews. She'll calm down if she talks to Stern directly.

LIGHTEN UP, DOLLY

Page Six

May 20, 2008 --

True!

People who didn't hear the recent shows probably won't understand. Dolly's just suffering from a lack of a sense of humor. Or, more likely, a need for publicity. She should go on the show and have fun with him. She liked him before, and was cool with the Randy Garber interviews. She'll calm down if she talks to Stern directly.

BTW, I watched the William Shatner interview on Howard TV. It was so funny watching him imitate his own fake clips. Howard actually makes him seem likeable.

No More Nips Or Tucks For Dolly

DOLLY PARTON has promised herself never to go under the knife again because she's too scared to go too far with plastic surgery.

The country queen has had a number of nips and tucks to keep her looking young at 63, but she insists she'll stick to minor procedures only from now on.

The 9 to 5 hitmaker explains, "I don't do major things, just little things here and there, because you don't know how you're going to turn out. I have only had my eyes done once because they are such a sensitive area. I'm scared. Mostly now, I just do fillers and Botox."

Source contactmusic

she sure looks like she has had more than that! She looks like a plastic doll. I still love her though. I saw "Steel Magnolias" again on TV over the holidays. She was so good in that. That and "9 to 5" were her best movies. The other ones were just kind of jokes on her physical attributes.

'Artificial' Dolly Parton

Dolly Parton doesn't want people to copy her infamous looks.

The 63-year-old country star - who is well known for her love of cosmetic surgery and famed for her huge breasts - admits she looks very fake, which can be a big turn-off for men.

She said: "I'm artificial. But it comes from a sincere place. And I ain't telling people to look like me. I don't say 'Oh you need to have big boobs and overdo your makeup and have nine inch nails. A lot of men think I'm just too artificial, but there are some good ol' boys there who don't."

The '9 to 5' singer also revealed her image was inspired by a prostitute as she thought her look was very appropriate to her own lifestyle.

She said: "She had red nails and toenails and the hair and all, and I thought that's exactly how I feel."

Dolly - who is a famous gay icon - also added she doesn't talk politics but does feel passionate towards gay people.

She said: "I'm not a poster child for gay rights by any means. But I have so many gay and lesbian friends and they're just so pure and so true. That's not politics to me, that's human rights."

Source femalefirst