princess

Scarlett Johansson

A search for an actress in a play turns into a reality tv show across the pond? Maybe Johansen (or someone in her camp) had better reasons than publically stated for turning down the role after initially accepting it.BTW Dave is a lucky ass bastard

Edited by alpierce

Posted Image

Paging Dr. Letterman! Scarlett Johansson opens wide for the Late Show host's inspection during her Wednesday appearance on the chatfest. The actress, who's starring in the Woody Allen comedy Scoop, told Letterman she has to get all four of her wisdom teeth extracted, to which he responded, "Do you mind if I have a look?"

That's pretty funny, because you know Dave must have really liked her. He's off the wall, but pretty shy in a way. She is an odd looking, but sometimes beautiful girl.

Scarlett Johansson arrives at The Late Show with David Letterman (07/26/2006)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

MATRIXPHOTOS.COM via HWB

LIFE STYLE EXTRA (UK) - Scarlett Johansson is reportedly set to star in the new ‘Dallas’ movie.The actress isView the profile for Paris Hilton on Celebrity Spotlight being tipped for the role of Lucy Ewing in the big screen version of the hit 80s soap opera.It is believed Scarlett beat off stiff competition from Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie for the coveted role.A source told Britain’s Daily Star newspaper: “Scarlett can act the pants off Paris and Nicole.”

Scarlett Johansson Denies Divalike DemandsScarlett Johansson has denied claims that divalike demands cost her the lead role in a big-budget revival of "The Sound of Music," a spokesman for the actress said. Johansson, 21, had been targeted to play Maria von Trapp in Andrew Lloyd Webber's production of the Rodgers and Hammerstein musical, set to open in London's West End in November. "Her people were not `pro' the idea. It became clear that it wasn't going to work because the demands were so ridiculous," Lloyd Webber was quoted as saying in The Times newspaper. He said Johansson's representatives "couldn't understand why she would want to appear in the West End for $18,500 a week when she could be earning $10 million for a movie." "It was annoying because she really wanted to do it," Lloyd Webber was quoted as saying. Johansson's publicist, Marcel Pariseau, said Thursday it was a busy work schedule and not pay demands that sank the actress' chance to play the role made famous by Julie Andrews in the 1965 film version of the musical. "It is true that there were some discussions regarding Scarlett and the production of `The Sound of Music.' But Mr. Webber's statement regarding the demands is extremely exaggerated," Pariseau said in a statement. "Her management team was simply asking for terms that an actress of her stature would ask for." Lloyd Webber said he was also told that Johansson would need two assistants stationed backstage at all times, according to the report. The role of Maria will now be played by an actress to be chosen from a new British Broadcasting Corp. reality TV show. The Aug. 15 finale of "How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria" will award a six-month contract to one of 10 finalists. Johannson stars in Woody Allen's new movie, "Scoop." Her screen credits also include "Lost in Translation" and "Girl With a Pearl Earring."

Posted Image

Scarlett Johansson keeps retro-cool in the East Coast heat wave after taking a boat ride along the Hudson River on Monday.

Hmmm...Scarlett, the 90's called they want the nose ring back! :blink:

Posted Image

Scarlett Johansson and boyfriend Josh Hartnett brave the New York City heat for a stroll through New York City's SoHo neighborhood on Wednesday.

Johansson Disappears on Summer Vacation

Scarlett Johansson is taking the summer off making movies so she can take her friends on a Caribbean vacation. The busy 20-year-old has completed four projects in the last 12 months, including latest release, Woody Allen movie Scoop - so she's taking a deserved break before she starts the next round of shooting in September. Johansson tells PageSix.com, "I've been working nonstop. And I think it's time I treated myself to a little vacation. What I'm planning to do is go with a couple of my girlfriends to the Caribbean. I have decided I definitely need the Caribbean. I have a decent break right now. About six weeks because I don't start again until September. That's when we begin shooting The Other Boleyn Girl."

Vacation? I thought she was already on vacation? Starting with her "performance" in Match Point. ;)

Johansson & Hartnett Move In Together? Secret lovers Scarlett Johansson and Josh Hartnett are reportedly taking their romance to the next level after buying a $6 million loft home in New York. Despite claims from Hartnett's publicist that the couple isn't moving in together, a real estate insider has confirmed Johansson hunted for the home in trendy TriBeCa and locals spotted the actress, her father and Hartnett pouring over floor plans in a nearby coffee shop. The purchase comes with conditions, the insider tells American publication Life & Style the loved-up pair, who appear together in the upcoming The Black Dahlia, has asked that the bedrooms are soundproofed. He says, "They asked that we change the design to include extra insulation between the bedrooms of the penthouse and the unit next door." The condominium boasts three bedrooms, two bathrooms and two balconies.

Johansson Hits Back At Lloyd WebberAug 19, 2006 - World Entertainment News NetworkScarlett Johansson has hit back in her feud with Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber, claiming the composer used her to promote his British TV show.Lord Lloyd-Webber claims he came up with the concept for new show How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria? when the Lost In Translation pulled out of playing the lead role in his London production of The Sound Of Music.In the BBC talent contest, Lord Lloyd-Webber has invited a host unknowns to compete to take over the role of Maria from Johansson.But she insists she never agreed to take to the West End stage, and negotiated with Lord Lloyd-Webber over a year ago.Her representative says, "Why is Scarlett's name being brought into the media mix now, so far after the face, when Mr Webber is trying to promote his reality show?""I think we'll let you draw your own conclusions."

ON GUARD

Scarlett Johansson makes a high-security arrival in Venice, Italy, on Tuesday. The actress is in town for the premiere her thriller The Black Dahlia, which will open the 63rd annual Venice Film Festival on Wednesday.

Posted Image

SCARLETT ARRIVES IN VENICE AS FESTIVAL FEVER BUILDSThe Italian city of Venice is readying itself for an explosion of A-list excitement when its annual film festival gets underway on Wednesday night. And residents of the romantic destination got a taste of the star power that will soon flood their hometown when Scarlett Johansson, whose new thriller The Black Dahlia will kick off the event, was spotted disembarking from a boat in the heart of the city. Over the next 11 days a roll call of big names, including Adrien Brody, Jackie Chan and Sandra Bullock, are expected to appear at the Venice Lido. The 21-year-old bombshell from New York will be the main attraction when things get underway with Brian de Palma's hotly-anticipated drama, though. Scarlett was casually dressed in a grey cardigan and black hat when she arrived at Hotel Gritti on Tuesday afternoon. She will be joined by her co-star Josh Hartnett, with whom she has struck up a real-life romance, when she turns out for the screening of the film. Oscar winner Hilary Swank, who also appears in the movie, is likewise expected to be there, along with glamorous Italian actress Isabella Ferrari, who is to host the opening ceremony. Among the other films set to cause a stir at this year's festival is the political drama Bobby, a biopic of iconic American politician Robert Kennedy which features Sir Anthony Hopkins, Sharon Stone, Demi Moore and Christian Slater. British favourite Helen Mirren, who has just picked up an Emmy for her portrayal of Elizabeth I, will also be in town to promote The Queen, in which she plays Elizabeth II.

Edited by BobbyD

'The Black Dahlia' Opens Venice FestivalAP Scandal is sometimes the best catharsis, says Scarlett Johansson, one of the stars of Brian De Palma's film noir "The Black Dahlia," which made its world premiere Wednesday at the 63rd Venice film festival. The film, based on crime novelist James Ellroy's best-selling whodunit, tells the story of the sensational 1947 murder of Elizabeth Short, a 22-year-old aspiring actress who was found brutally slain in a vacant Los Angeles lot. Her grisly death grabbed headlines for months, in what Ellroy called America's first "media murder." "I think that in general when there are periods of depression in a country people distract themselves with scandal," said Johansson, who plays the girlfriend of a police officer investigating the murder. "We've seen it in the past and we're sort of seeing it now. We have a war going on, a mass genocide, and we have someone brought over from Thailand for a test ... in a case that happened a long time ago," Johansson said, referring to the media attention surrounding the extradition to the United States of John Mark Karr, who was briefly a suspect in the decade-old murder of 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey. "I think people distract themselves from their depression," said Johansson, one of the first celebrities to arrive at the Lido. The book and the movie provided a more personal catharsis for Ellroy, who said the film also "derives from my own mother's murder in 1958." Ellroy was 10 years old. Beside exploring the theme of "misogynist murders," the film also deals with the themes of "sexual obsession, redemption and the triangulation of one man between two women," Ellroy said. The triangle is between Johansson, her policeman boyfriend (Aaron Eckhart) and the daughter of a prominent family with an unsavory connection herself, played by two-time Oscar-winner Hilary Swank. Mia Kirshner plays Elizabeth "Betty" Short, who became known as The Black Dahlia after her death for habitually wearing a flower in her hair. "Those are my favorite characters these obsessive characters, these femmes fatales," De Palma said. Ellroy, whose book L.A. Confidential was turned into the successful 1997 film, praised De Palma's adaptation of his novel. While he was especially pleased with the moderating effect of the narration provided by Josh Harnett's character homicide detective Dwight "Bucky" Bleichert Ellroy acknowledged he initially objected to the idea of including actual footage of the slain actress's screen test. "But we now have an emotional and moral stake in Elizabeth Short's death for having seen it," Ellroy said. "The Black Dahlia" is among 21 films competing for the coveted Gold Lion, which will be awarded on the final day of the festival, Sept. 9.

The Black Dahlia looks so good. I like Brian de Palma, he gave us Scarface and Carrie, two of my favorites!

Plus, any movie that makes Hilary Swank look remotely bang-able is worth the $9 ticket price. That make-up artist deserves an Oscar NOW!

THE CAT'S MEOW

Scarlett Johansson positively glows at the premiere of her film The Black Dahlia, which kicked off the Venice Film Festival on Wednesday. The Brian de Palma true-crime drama is competing with 21 other films for the coveted Golden Lion prize.

Posted Image

Johansson: 'Sexiness Doesn't Distract'

Scarlett Johansson has angrily dismissed claims her steamy sex scene in new movie The Black Dahlia is an unnecessary distraction. The 21-year-old beauty plays the woman caught between cops Josh Hartnett and Aaron Eckhart, who are investigating the real-life unsolved murder of a wannabe actress whose mutilated body was discovered in Los Angeles in 1947. In the film, Johansson enjoys a sizzling romp with Hartnett and critics have complained they found it difficult to concentrate following the raunchy scene. The blonde star retorts, "Of course it's nice to be considered sexy, as a young woman in my prime. But I try not to think about the sexiness. And I never think about it being distracting from a scene." The Brian De Palma movie has its world premiere at the Venice Film Festival yesterday.

Scarlett -- Too Sexual for Italy?

Posted Aug 31st 2006 12:51PM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: Movies

Scarlett Johansson's curvy figure has always drawn a lot of attention, but it is too hot for the big screen? While promoting her new film "The Black Dahlia" at the Venice Film Festival, the buxom blonde was bombarded with questions about a raunchy sex scene with on and off-screen boyfriend Josh Hartnett.

Though some of the press has called the romp a distraction from the film, Johansson is optimistic about the scene. "It's hard to get a perspective on that when it is you, but I hope that is not true. I mean, it's nice to be sexy but hopefully that is not overwhelming, hopefully it is in balance with the rest of the story."

Johansson also told reporters she was only following the direction of Brian De Palma saying he wanted it to be "aggressive ... an exorcism of sorts."

Audiences can check out the scorching scene when the movie hits theaters next month, though you'd have to be crazy to have a problem with a sexed-up Scarlett.

TMZ

GUEST OF HONOR

The Black Dahlia's Scarlett Johansson makes a splash in Venice on Thursday as she boards fashion designer Alberta Ferretti's one-of-a-kind yacht, Prometej, for an intimate dinner party in her honor. And what was the Venice fest star wearing? Alberta Ferretti, of course.

Posted Image

ITALIAN INFLUENCE?

Channeling Italian movie star Sophia Loren, Scarlett Johansson – fresh from the Venice Film Festival – pumps up the volume for her Los Angeles premiere of The Black Dahlia on Wednesday.

Posted Image