princess

Scarlett Johansson

Hartnett's Awkward Sex Scene

Posted Sep 7th 2006 12:57PM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: Movies

Movie buffs and perverts alike are chomping at the bit to see Josh Hartnett and Scarlett Johansson get down and dirty in "The Black Dahlia." But in a statement guaranteed to shock the majority of the male population, Hartnett says filming those sex scenes wasn't as easy as everyone thinks.

"It was very difficult for me," says Hartnett. "Those scenes are eternally awkward because you got a bunch of sweaty dudes sitting and watching you and you're just hoping to make it intimate, make it real."

Though the two are a couple off-camera, Hartnett was still a little hesitant about shooting the nude scene, which has already caused a stir at the Venice Film Festival. "Brian [DePalma, the director] didn't tell me about it until he'd shot a take ... and that take is in the movie and I'm like what are you doing man, you can't do that!"

"The Black Dahlia" opens September 15.

TMZ

No Meatloaf for Scarlett

Posted Sep 11th 2006 5:45PM by TMZ Staff

Posted Image

Meatloaf has reportedly been snubbed by Scarlett Johansson.

The rocker was on a quest to find an actress to duet with for his cover of Celine Dion's 1996 hit "It's All Coming Back to Me Now." Yes, you heard correctly, Celine Dion!

Loaf allegedly first asked Johansson before reaching out to other actresses, who all turned him down.

The gig eventually went to Norwegian chanteuse Marion Raven. The song appears on Meatloaf's new album "Bat Out of Hell III," which drops October 31.

While we don't know the reasoning behind the actress' snub, Meatloaf's creepy "American Idol" finale duet with Katharine McPhee probably didn't help matters much.

From usmagazine.com...she has won major points for me with this interview:

Fri

Sep

15 Scarlett Johansson Bravely Refuses to Starve Self

NBCU Photo BankDon't count on Scarlett Johansson to turn into one of those Hollywood actresses that suddenly drops a bunch of "baby fat" (it's not baby fat if you are old enough to actually have a baby) and credits an impromptu boost in metabolism. The Black Dahlia star is speaking out against the Hollywood slim fast trend, calling it "unsexy," Starpulse blog reports.

"I try to stay fit and eat healthily, but I'm not anxious to starve myself and become unnaturally thin," she says. "I don't find that look attractive on women and I don't want to become part of that trend. It's unhealthy and it puts too much pressure on women in general who are being fed this image of the ideal, which it is not.

She continues: "I think America has become obsessed with dieting rather than focusing on eating well, exercising and living a healthy life. I also think that being ultra-thin is not sexy at all. Women shouldn't be forced to conform to unrealistic and unhealthy body images that the media promote. I don't need to be skinny to be sexy."

I agree wholeheartedly with everything she said, and think she probably has the most appealing and sexy female body in Hollywood right now. That said, I won't be shocked if she suddenly drops ten pounds and then rationalizes it.

Johansson Likes Her Hourglass Figure

NEW YORK - Scarlett Johansson struts her stuff in cleavage-baring dresses on the red carpet, but in real life, she'd rather remain a mystery.

"I can't stand those articles where people spill their life story," Johansson says in the October issue of InStyle magazine, on newsstands Friday. "After a while I feel like I know more about them than their best friend does _ and that's weird. It's better when you don't know everything."

The 21-year-old actress, whose screen credits include "Lost in Translation" and "Match Point," plays a former prostitute in "The Black Dahlia," opposite Hilary Swank and Josh Hartnett.

Johansson says: "Do I ever get nervous about this, right now, being the pinnacle of my career? Yeah, I do. At the end of (filming) every movie I think, `Wow _ this is the last one! Nice working with you.'"

She's more confident about her hourglass figure. "I'm curvy _ I'm never going to be 5'11' and 120 pounds. But I feel lucky to have what I've got."

And, given the chance, she'd like to trade lives with President Bush. "Whose life would I like to step into for the day? The president's. I could probably get some things done in the Oval Office."

Source: comcast.net

You know, for all those anorexic Hollywood stars out there, when Ms. Johansson (all that is holy) is named the sexiest woman alive MAINLY because of her curves and lips, you figured they would get the hint.

I guess I might be smarter than most of the people in Hollywood.

From usmagazine.com...she has won major points for me with this interview:

Fri

Sep

15 Scarlett Johansson Bravely Refuses to Starve Self

NBCU Photo BankDon't count on Scarlett Johansson to turn into one of those Hollywood actresses that suddenly drops a bunch of "baby fat" (it's not baby fat if you are old enough to actually have a baby) and credits an impromptu boost in metabolism. The Black Dahlia star is speaking out against the Hollywood slim fast trend, calling it "unsexy," Starpulse blog reports.

"I try to stay fit and eat healthily, but I'm not anxious to starve myself and become unnaturally thin," she says. "I don't find that look attractive on women and I don't want to become part of that trend. It's unhealthy and it puts too much pressure on women in general who are being fed this image of the ideal, which it is not.

She continues: "I think America has become obsessed with dieting rather than focusing on eating well, exercising and living a healthy life. I also think that being ultra-thin is not sexy at all. Women shouldn't be forced to conform to unrealistic and unhealthy body images that the media promote. I don't need to be skinny to be sexy."

No kidding! Scarlett is awesome for saying that - she is better adjusted at 21 (21?) than I was, and is better adjusted than a lot of her fellow actresses are at 31, for that matter. On this issue, anyway. :)

Who knows, maybe she helped save a few girls from eating disorders.

I am going to put it in the Smart Celebrity quotes thread.

Edited by soho2chelsea

Hmmm...I hear what Scarjo is saying...But she knows damn well there isn't an eating disorder in Hollywood. Have them all take drug tests to convince me. Great quotes, but she's playing a tune for the masses. IMHO.

SHHH you're killing our buzz. ;)

Where was I? Oh yes. Real boobs - they're a good thing! :lol:

(just kidin with you BobbyD, as usual you make good points)

Thanks, you know I'm with her in spirit...just we all know what's going on with those skeletons. ;)

WE HEAR . . .

Page Six

September 25, 2006 -- THAT Scarlett Johansson was a nervous wreck before she had her first Brazilian waxing at the Oasis Day Spa and, according to insiders at DaTommaso restaurant, the waxing crew couldn't stop admiring her body . . .

HOW TO GET A HEAD

Scarlett Johansson and Natalie Portman have a meeting of the minds Wednesday on the London set The Other Boleyn Girl. Johansson plays Mary Boleyn and Portman her more high-profile sister Anne, who married King Henry VIII, bore Queen Elizabeth and lost her head.

Posted Image

'Scots' Lands Johansson

Thesp goes from 'Boleyn' to 'Mary'

Scarlett Johansson must have gotten a heck of a deal on a corset.

The Golden Globe nominated actress is staying in period mode for "Mary Queen of Scots," a drama about the antagonist relationship between Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth I. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Johansson will play the Scottish queen.

The film was written by Jimmy McGovern and will be financed by 2929 Entertainment. Johansson's mother and manager Melanie Johansson will produce along with Alexandra Milchan and Donna Gigliotti.

No director has been selected and "Mary" is unlikely to begin production until next summer.

Barring additional film roles in the interim, this will be Johansson's second consecutive film about bickering royal relatives. She's currently working on "The Other Boleyn Girl" for Columbia. She's also gotten historical for recent turns in "The Black Dahlia" and the upcoming "The Prestige."

From the New York Times review of Black Dahlia

Mr. De Palma can be a director of dazzling creative lunacy, but there’s little craziness in this restrained, awkward film. With the diverting exception of Hilary Swank, who plays a slinky degenerate named Madeleine Linscott, the leads are disastrous. Ms. Johansson and Mr. Eckhart are actors who need as much help from their directors as they can get, the kind of help that Mr. De Palma, as the uneven performances in his films indicate, cannot always provide. Mr. Eckhart flails about, mistaking volume for passion and inviting regrettable comparison to Russell Crowe running amok in “L. A. Confidential.” Ms. Johansson tries to fashion her character by flourishing a cigarette holder; Mr. Hartnett, who provides the narration, flounders on the shallows of his interpretation.

If this is an indication of her future performances, I'd tell 2929 entertainment to put their money away. After having seen a few of her movies, I have to agree.

Posted Image

This is any film lover's wet dream, to have Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johansson in a movie together.

Greatest. Film. Ever. And it hasn't even come out yet. Plus, it's got Eric Bana, I have a feeling I won't be able to control myself in the movie theater: I'm talking full blown throwing my panties at the screen.

Posted Image

This is any film lover's wet dream, to have Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johansson in a movie together.

Greatest. Film. Ever. And it hasn't even come out yet. Plus, it's got Eric Bana, I have a feeling I won't be able to control myself in the movie theater: I'm talking full blown throwing my panties at the screen.

Did you read the book? In the book, Anne and Mary Boleyn's brother George (who had a sizable part in the book) has a secret torrid romance with...a young handsome courtier.

Yes, this movie is for you. (And me).

Oh my sweet crap. I cannot wait for this movie, it's like a gay man's fantasy: costumes, gay people, bitchy women; and Eric Bana in tights! I'm going to buy the book very soon so I know what to expect.

Eric Bana in tights:

Posted Image

The actor playing George Boleyn:

Posted Image

Esquire says Johansson ‘Sexiest Woman Alive’

‘What about my brain? What about my heart?’ actress asks

NEW YORK - Scarlett Johansson’s hourglass figure and plum movie roles have brought her many fans. Among them, clearly, the editors at Esquire. The magazine has just crowned her “Sexiest Woman Alive.”

The 21-year-old actress poses in come-hither garb on the cover and inside pages of the magazine’s November issue, on newsstands Oct. 18.

On the cover, she wears a bra and a white Calvin Klein mini-dress; In a series of photos inside (showing her as an “enigmatic trailer-park temptress,” the magazine says), she wears cleavage-baring black lingerie paired with an open white robe, among other get-ups.

Johansson, whose screen credits include “The Black Dahlia,” “Lost in Translation” and “Match Point,” says she would rather be admired for attributes other than sex appeal.

“What about my brain? What about my heart? What about my kidneys and my gallbladder?” she asks, addressing all the hoopla about her curves in an interview in the magazine.

She is no stranger to the paparazzi’s cameras, and once flashed a sign proclaiming, “the person taking this picture is harrassing me.”

“Apparently I spelled ‘harass’ wrong,” she recalls. “It was horrible. I couldn’t remember whether it was one ‘r’ or two, and I asked like four people, and they said two.”

© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Sorry, I don't see it. Not disrespecting your point of view; love that she has curves, but I think her face is ugly. Like, a 3 out of 10.