Pink was in Cincinnati today for some reason. I was tuing in to a local talk guy today (he was interviewing Coach Huggins -- if you are not into college b-ball you will have no clue nor will you care) anyways...... Willie and the Segman were saying how there were actual papers given out to everyone in this building that no one was to talk to Pink, look at Pink, or acknowledeg Pink.

anyways...... Willie and the Segman were saying how there were actual papers given out to everyone in this building that no one was to talk to Pink, look at Pink, or acknowledeg Pink.

Bill Clinton and Oprah's man were in Cincinnati? :D Hmm...I heard she's a toughie...but digs her fans.

Ok...I am definitely a Pink fan.... :D

Oh, me too. I :wub: Pink. She is the Katharine Hepburn of the music industry. She puts her true opinions right out there...and she's generally right. (The quote that started this whole thread--which I think was also posted by Bobby D--was dead-on, IMO.)

As the mother of a young daughter I am thrilled to see Pink out there making fun of all of these vapid idiots like Brit, Paris and Jess. And furthermore--she has a better singing voice than any of them. (I know Paris is recording an album, but have any of us ever heard her sing? She's been recording that thing for a long time--guess the sound engineers are putting in lots of OT to make it sound as if she can actually sing.)

I'll admit, I like a lot of Pink's music. Her and Avril L. are my two favorite teenie bopper singers. As a personality, I'm kinda tired of the I'm-the-tough-girl-making-fun-of-the-other-teenie-bopper-singers attitude. Her tough girl attitude is all image, she was the meek wallflower up until she got into the industry and some stylist upgraded her image to tough girl who is misunderstood. Same with Avril too actually. But Avril is growing out of that image, have you seen her new magazine spread? I dunno, I just think that if you're that great an artist, you don't have to put down someone else as your carear move.... And certainly not a role model for other kids out there, saying it's ok to poke fun at others.

I wasn't implying that it's OK to teach your kids to make fun of others--I am just glad that someone out there is speaking out on turning yourself into a plastic, air-headed bimbo just to get attention. No, my kids know that the offense guaranteed to get them grounded is to make fun of other people. But, you have to admit that Jess, Brit and Paris ask for it with their antics...and it's getting their names in the paper a few more times, so I daresay they don't mind too much.

NY Daily News

Surveillance

Billy Joel wasn't planning on singing "She's Always a Woman" the other night the Garden. That is, until he heard that Pink and hubby Corey Hart, who were in the audience, had played it at their wedding. Pink thanked the Piano Man with a shriek …

Cute tidbit :)

I'll admit, I like a lot of Pink's music. Her and Avril L. are my two favorite teenie bopper singers. As a personality, I'm kinda tired of the I'm-the-tough-girl-making-fun-of-the-other-teenie-bopper-singers attitude. Her tough girl attitude is all image, she was the meek wallflower up until she got into the industry and some stylist upgraded her image to tough girl who is misunderstood. Same with Avril too actually. But Avril is growing out of that image, have you seen her new magazine spread? I dunno, I just think that if you're that great an artist, you don't have to put down someone else as your carear move.... And certainly not a role model for other kids out there, saying it's ok to poke fun at others.

Honestly, her video is hilarious. And I get a kick out of people who make fun of others. She's got albums to sell, and her song, pictures, comments, got us all talking about her...but not as a plastic pop star. Think about how much more relevant she became, with the "image makeover." It's worked pretty well for Madonna...and makeovers are proven to be good for longevity and respectability....And I'm glad she broke from the cookie cutter mold...and had an image makeover...she's pretty boring as another Britney/Avril Clone.I think she makes some sense. These celebrities might need to be taken down a notch...Even if she was cut from the same mold. Her messages to kids are a lot better than the messages Britney and Jessica, Ashley,are sending to kids(uneducated, marry young, no respect for institution of marriage, plastic surgery).

anyways......  Willie and the Segman were saying how there were actual papers given out to everyone in this building that no one was to talk to Pink, look at Pink, or acknowledeg Pink.

Are the stars the one that demand stuff like this, or is it their PR people doing it without telling them?I can't imagine a star not wanting to be acknowledged while on a press tour. :lol:

Her messages to kids are a lot  better than the messages Britney and Jessica, Ashley,are sending to kids(uneducated, marry young, no respect for institution of marriage, plastic surgery).

Pink is a high school drop-out - she's not sending a better message to kids than the rest.

Right...So I suppose she sends the same message as Jessica Simpson(who dropped out as well) and relishes in her dumb blonde message, and Britney(mother of the year)whose just dumb all around?I disagree. Her Mother threw her out of the house and she grew from a party girl/high school droup into a legitimate entertainer.

not everyone who is kicked out of the house (for being a trouble maker especially) will become a famous world reknown person like Pink.Rarely does a person become successful without a formal education. If a teen were to move out of the house or was kicked out they'd have a hard time making things happen for themselves finanicially. Pink should focus more on women empowering themselves through different methods besides just being a "rebel and outcasts"

I was only saying that despite getting kicked out, no formal education she made something of herself(which should be the message above all things)...and all without plastic surgery, getting married to any yahoo that comes along.....I mean she ain't cute...or building a career playing a complete dumbass, with a stage dad or stage mom.I stick to my story...I also think my liking pink falls in the category of her not being the really attractive pop star....and not afraid to speak her mind. A rebel and outcast can be a person who empowers themself...you may not approve of the methods...but look at the results...she got a great following. And winning much respect in the business for making her video. But then again, magazines have Paris Hilton as someone young ladies look up to, so go fig... :huh:

I disagree. Her Mother threw her out of the house and she grew from a party girl/high school droup into a legitimate entertainer.

didn't she live with her dad after her mom?

Right...So I suppose she sends the same message as Jessica Simpson(who dropped out as well) and relishes in her dumb blonde message, and Britney(mother of the year)whose just dumb all around?I disagree. Her Mother threw her out of the house and she grew from a party girl/high school droup into a legitimate entertainer.

Well, you didn't lump Pink in with the uneducated group you mentioned, so I was just clarifying. I am one of the few who actually doesn't believe that ANY of these girls should live their lives differently in order to be considered "good role models". That's the job of the parents. As difficult as that may be in this day and age, it's unfair to put that on these young entertainers who are doing their own thing- and making mistakes (as we all do) along the way.

Right, I see what you are saying(and I totally agree, parents should be the role models)...but because entertainers are what kids are exposed to...unfortunately, they are seen as role models...So I think they have an obligation to behave as role models...other words stop with the negative messages they are sending kids. And this brings us to why we snark here.

Right, I see what you are saying(and I totally agree, parents should be the role models)...but because entertainers are what kids are exposed to...unfortunately, they are seen as role models...So I think they have an obligation to behave as role models...other words stop with the negative messages they are sending kids. And this brings us to why we snark here.

The circle of life. :D*cue Lion King*

Posted Image

Lost in translation? Pink and husband Carey Hart consult a guidebook – then steal a moment of l'amour – after shopping at a Cartier boutique in the City of Light on March 4. "I can usually have only one vacation all year," the singer has said. "When I'm there I simply concentrate on relaxing and avoid facing up to anything else."

Lost in translation? Pink and husband Carey Hart consult a guidebook ...

Good series of guidebooks, those! No, really!But I've seen pics of her recently with *gasp* a woman! Kissing!Wonder how Carey feels about that?

Lost in translation? Pink and husband Carey Hart consult a guidebook ...

Good series of guidebooks, those! No, really!
Eyewitness. :D Only one I buy when I travel somewhere new.

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/s...81248&p=9378y...

Pink: 'I took heroin'

24/03/2006 - 07:16:48

Pop punk Pink took heroin when she was a teenager, but she turned her back

on the opiate aged just 16 as she focused on succeeding as a singer.

The Just Like A Pill hitmaker has witnessed the devastation the narcotic can

cause with her own eyes - three of her close friends have died after

overdosing.

She says: "Heroin is a horrible thing. I've seen first hand what it can do

to people and it's not pretty. I was never that much into it to need

treatment.

"But you name it, I took it. I buried three friends from heroin overdoses. I

just stopped one day on Thanksgiving 1995 and never touched them again."

And the 26-year-old insists she only dabbled in drugs to alleviate the

boredom of her early adolescence in Pennsylvania.

She continues: "For me drugs were just a distraction on the way to my

ultimate goal, which is what I'm doing today. I found my chance and I wanted

to go for it and knew I was going to have to work for it.

"Boredom is a big cause of a lot of problems for a lot of people. I was

performing so I wasn't bored any more. I had something to do."

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/s...64565&n=3764642

Pink loves cultural Europe

25/03/2006 - 12:39:44

US pop star Pink is considering moving to Europe, because the continent oozes the culture Hollywood lacks.

The Pennsylvania-born singer/songwriter, 26, has fallen so head-over-heels in love with France, she is eyeing a move to its chic capital Paris.

The Just Like A Pill hitmaker says: "Everyone I've met is so nice and really cool. I would definitely move to Europe.

"I love France - Paris and the south of France.

"There's not a lot of culture or individuality in Hollywood."

What does Corey have to say about this?