princess

Rosie O'Donnell

Trump -- "Disgusting" Rosie's Exit a "Great Service"

Posted May 25th 2007 4:15PM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: Celebrity Feuds, Rosie O'Donnell

His Comboverness, Donald Trump, just couldn't resist taking one more swinging kick at Rosie O'Donnell on her way out the door of ABC, saying, "A great service was done by getting her off the airwaves ... she's a disaster."

The billionaire blowhard offered his pointed barbs to MSNBC this afternoon, just minutes after Rosie announced her departure ... and they were like a greatest hits compilation of Trump's Ro disses. "She's not a very smart person," check. "She's disgusting to look at," check. "She's aggressive," check. Of course, he had to get in a dig at Elisabeth Hasselbeck, calling her a "dimwit." Trump is against the Iraq war.

Donald, whose own show, "The Apprentice," just got axed by NBC, predicted that "The View's" ratings would rise in the wake of Ro's farewell, but declared that "The View" had become an "embarrassment" to Barbara Walters.

A BIGGER service was done to get the Donald's fat bald HIDEOUS ass off the airways. Too Bad SO SAD, asshole. I bet his ratings were below the View's by a mile. He is the most hideous representation of a man I've ever seen. HOW, really HOW does that girl live through sex with him? I'd have to go puke afterwards.

I'm so glad Rosie is gone. Donald Trump is a joke himself, but he got it right: Rosie was just plain loud and mean. The fact that she brought up "poor little Christian, hetero Elisabeth" (or whatever) shows that the things Donald said really DID bother her, and she decided to take it out on Elisabeth. Why are Elisabeth's opinions less valid than Rosie's? Because Rosie is PC? No one can say shit about Rosie without being accused of being a "hater" and homophobic. Rosie is a pig because Rosie is a pig. It's a bummer because I used to like her alot, before she decided to become a professional victim.

I'm so glad Rosie is gone. Donald Trump is a joke himself, but he got it right: Rosie was just plain loud and mean. The fact that she brought up "poor little Christian, hetero Elisabeth" (or whatever) shows that the things Donald said really DID bother her, and she decided to take it out on Elisabeth. Why are Elisabeth's opinions less valid than Rosie's? Because Rosie is PC? No one can say shit about Rosie without being accused of being a "hater" and homophobic. Rosie is a pig because Rosie is a pig. It's a bummer because I used to like her alot, before she decided to become a professional victim.

Thank you. You said it much better than I could. ITA!

So do I.

I wonder ... Seriously - How much Elisabeth has contributed to the troops?

While you may not see it on fox news or cnn, do a little search on Rosie and the troops.

I wonder ... If Elisabeth thought Rosie was calling the troops terrorists - why she didn't go the whole way and insist that Rosie was funding terrorists.

I wonder ... Does Elisabeth?

Just sayin' There was an answer to Rosies question, and it was provable and verifiable.

But whatever, carry on the divisive hate... It makes ya feel so much better

No one can say shit about Rosie without being accused of being a "hater" and homophobic.

:rolleyes:

So do I.

I do too. While I like Rosie, and still do somewhat, I really think she suffers black/white thinking. In her mind, ONLY her opinion is right. She fights like a child or young aged adult. The "poor christian hetero Elisabeth" dig shows this fight is more about other people than the person she was fighting with. Elisabeth did not deserve that. I was proud of Elisabeth when she told Rosie "Poor little Elisabeth is not Poor Little Elisabeth". It was Rosie's attempt at a backhanded insult to Elisabeth while appearing above the fray. I thought it was the cheapest shot of all. I hope Rosie Haiku's herself to a much greater awareness than she has now. She is too old for the tantrums she has been throwing.

:blink:

No one can say shit about Rosie without being accused of being a "hater" and homophobic.

Just proving annabeast's point...

Just proving annabeast's point...

I know. Played perfectly.

I know. Played perfectly.

Huh? I'm trying to figure out if this is a dig or a compliment or a joke....?

Definitely not a dig at you, anna.

Yeah, I used to like Rosie but she's just become bitter and behaves in an ugly fashion. It's one thing to make a point, it's another to just be mean and rude. Funny thing is, I never liked Elisabeth much but now - thanks to Rosie - she's suddenly improved her status in my mind. I wonder if Rosie knows how much she's making HERSELF look like The View's intolerant, closed-minded host.

My point wasn't to call people haters, just to say WE ARE DIVIDED by those two terms.

The actual fight that ended it was Rosie asking her if she thought that Rosie had said that Rosie thought the troops were terrorists.

That was the question.

Instead of anyone even looking at the question, we are arguing about precieved 'good' and 'evil' or whatever.

I'm just saying -- there is an answer to that question, that is pretty apparent.

Ya'll can slam me and whatever... But I get so frustrated seeing some of this, because we will never get it together if we can't discuss an issue without all this other stuff in the way. Your lifestyle, my lifestyle... blah blah blah.

I dunno, LOL this is def the wrong spot for politics, but I felt it was unfair.

Now imagine if I put a "Oh just wait, if Britney goes to the clubs past midnight and we say anything, we'll be accused of being Britney party haters" ... It too will happen :) It's just that kinda thread.

My point wasn't to call people haters, just to say WE ARE DIVIDED by those two terms.

The actual fight that ended it was Rosie asking her if she thought that Rosie had said that Rosie thought the troops were terrorists.

That was the question.

Instead of anyone even looking at the question, we are arguing about precieved 'good' and 'evil' or whatever.

I'm just saying -- there is an answer to that question, that is pretty apparent.

Ya'll can slam me and whatever... But I get so frustrated seeing some of this, because we will never get it together if we can't discuss an issue without all this other stuff in the way. Your lifestyle, my lifestyle... blah blah blah.

I dunno, LOL this is def the wrong spot for politics, but I felt it was unfair.

Now imagine if I put a "Oh just wait, if Britney goes to the clubs past midnight and we say anything, we'll be accused of being Britney party haters" ... It too will happen :) It's just that kinda thread.

The bold above is exactly my point about Rosie. She framed the argument as big fat lesbian Rosie against poor hetero christian Elisabeth. She could not debate the point at hand. She had to make the debate about how SHE would be perceived versus the actual point at hand. In addition, she tried to belittle Elisabeth by mocking her and her beliefs as infantile and quaint. If Rosie wants to debate an issue, she should start with the issue itself....not the lifestyles of the participants.

My opinion on Rosie has nothing to do with her lifestyle, beliefs, etc. It has to do with her fighting style which is mean and ugly. IMO, she wasn't asking Elisabeth if she thought she said the troops were terrorists, she was jumping on her for not defending her to E's fellow conservatives. In other words, a statement she made was misconstrued and instead of clarifying her statement (which Elisabeth encouraged her to do) she jumped all over Elisabeth.

You can have different opinons on the war, politics, even something as inane as peanut butter, but there is a way to discuss and debate without making it ugly and personal a la Rosie.

My opinion on Rosie has nothing to do with her lifestyle, beliefs, etc. It has to do with her fighting style which is mean and ugly. IMO, she wasn't asking Elisabeth if she thought she said the troops were terrorists, she was jumping on her for not defending her to E's fellow conservatives. In other words, a statement she made was misconstrued and instead of clarifying her statement (which Elisabeth encouraged her to do) she jumped all over Elisabeth.

You can have different opinons on the war, politics, even something as inane as peanut butter, but there is a way to discuss and debate without making it ugly and personal a la Rosie.

I agree with you totally!

(Pagesix.com)

Network’s Dim View

THE view isn’t rosy for Meredith Vieira. Since she left ABC’s “The View” to join Matt Lauer at NBC’s “Today,” the ratings at top dog “Today” have slid to a 13-year low. ABC’s “Good Morning America” has

cut the “Today” lead in half and now trails by just 310,000 viewers. “CBS Early Show” has made an even a bigger jump percentagewise, although it’s still a distant third. With Katie Couric faring badly at “CBS

Evening News,” and Rosie O’Donnell, who replaced Vieira, already gone at “The View,” it looks like everybody should have stayed where they were. We hear the front-runner to replace O’Donnell is comic Kathy Griffin. And if Vieira stumbles further, look for Amy Robach to take her place. We’d be surprised if CBS boss Les Moonves wasn’t already looking for a loophole in Couric’s contract so he could move her to

the “CBS Early Show.”

I get both sides of the Rosie thing. On the one hand, I think she is (to put it mildly) not so great about getting her points across, and rarely does so in a diplomatic or considerate way, which tends to undermine points many of us would ordinarily agree with.

On the other hand, I think her perspective is one that is desperately needed in the media in general, and on that boring show in particular. So, though I never really watched regularly, I found her entertaining when I did and will be sorry to see her go. She was the only thing on that show I found even remotely entertaining, so when flipping past there would be no reason at all for me to watch now, and I imagine the same is true for many other people.

Now if they put Kathy Griffin on, I might DVR it :)

Edited by soho2chelsea

I agree with you totally!

Me too.

But my final word on Rosie: I used to like her because she seemed to have a lot of heart. It seems like ever since she came out, it's been "game on." I could care less about her sexual orientation. Consider this: why is she so mean all of a sudden? My observations in life are that happy people don't feel the need to be so defensive and ballistic. Shouldn't she be HAPPY?? She's got a life partner and kids she adores, so what's up? And who cares what a ridiculous turkey like Donald Trump thinks of anything? But obviously, his comments stuck. Too bad.

I'd like to see the old Rosie back. Rosie isn't suited to politics anymore than most of us are, it would be nice to have her stick to what she's best suited.

And by the way, I thought Elisabeth did a damn good job of standing up for herself. I would have been in tears.

I never really liked Rosie to begin with. She played the "straight" fan of Tom Cruise on her talk show...Yes, I know she couldn't come out and expect to keep her audience(wow, yet another example of how she needed to stay in the closet to save her career at the time). My feeling was don't jump around like you have a big ass crush on TC and be a big vocal phony about it...if you're gay and don't want people to know...that's fine. She comes across as a big bully and loudmouth...she'll be raking in the dough on her future show. ;)

Now with this fight...I can't really choose sides. I think they both are nuts...And Rosie added more publicity to her future show/departure..and being the bully(again). Elisabeth is way out there, in right wing heaven...and doesn't seem like she has any marbles upstairs...sweetheart, you can be christian and not sell out your soul/mind out completely to one ideology. But hey, it's her right. :wacko:

I just thank God we can live in a country where people can argue their points across...but definitely getting ugly gets no respect. :rolleyes:

I just saw the YouTube video where Alicia Silverstone walks on the view and hugs all the hosts, but snubs Elisabeth...geez, that's pretty damn childish. You don't have to agree with a person's politics...but you still should have some decency to respect people. :rolleyes:

I disagree with the above. I watched and thought that Elizabeth was an ass and completely repulsive. Rosie was yelling too, but just asking Elizabeth to stand by her. I think Elizabeth is a mental midget and is coached by some right wing organization to get her Bush loving straight. I'd almost bet on it. I guess because I am so against everything that Elizabeth says, I cannot possibly like her, or agree with her position.

I do think, however, that Chit Chatters must remember one thing...we are here as friends to "discuss" celebs. There should be no animosity because someone disagrees with you. Inane behavior is supposed to be saved for the Britneys and Lohans of this world -- let's not have it here.