princess

Oprah Winfrey

I have a prob with Oprah. It's the O thing. Everything she touches has to have her O on it. Her show, her magazine, her school, the clothes the girls wear at her school, every charity, her channel and her new show Oprahs gift.. all O's.

Am I right or am I right? All O's

So would Oprah back Hilary if her name was O'Hilary? I mean she is backing a dude with the name of Obama. Can't be his politics because she went to bat for him right out of the gate and we know Oprah would never pick someone on the basis of color.

Thats all I'm saying.

Over and out

Edited by ga.peach

Someone mentioned her eyes and how tired she has looked lately...I agree...but instead of thyroid, which I also suffer from, it really looks like she's had too much to drink and she forgot about the cucumbers.

Oprah seeks sainthood with phony reality show

The first oddity (but certainly not the last) about the eight-week Oprah Winfrey infomercial "Oprah's Big Give" is that there is nary a single genuine giving moment to be found during the opening hour.

It is instead a profoundly hyperkinetic and unwieldy adventure in product placement, in Oprah-as-Messiah hype and, ultimately, in what's so utterly fake and insidious about "reality" television itself.

Because the ABC series operates under the high-minded guise of bringing life, rescue and joy to people in need, it's actually even more disturbing than those shows claiming no similarly socially redeeming purpose.

While the recipients of this largesse no doubt truly benefit in a format that's one part "Queen for a Day" and one part "The Amazing Race," the question must be asked early on: Is it worth being exploited as a quasi-pathetic charity case on national television, replete with on-cue manipulative sappy music and photo ops choreographed by editors seemingly in the throes of epileptic seizure, to gain that helping hand?

The idea here is that, armed simply with a photo, directions and $2,500 in cash, 10 selfless soldiers -- including an Iraq War vet, a dot-com millionaire, a paraplegic author and a pre-med student -- must change the lives of their needy assigned human/family in five days through fundraising, corporate sponsorship or just plain love (which in this case is another synonym for cold hard cash).

The "Biggest Giver" will wind up with $1 million, though Oprah insists "that's a secret!" Oh really? These people are taking weeks out of their busy lives just to help their fellow man?

What makes "Oprah's Big Give" especially unwatchable is a vertigo-inducing pace. Few shots last more than three seconds, making it virtually impossible to get to know any of these people on anything more than a surface level. Which is probably as it should be.

Shallow as a birdbath, the program would appear to exist less as a true philanthropic exercise than yet another self-aggrandizing vehicle in Oprah's divine quest to become synonymous with all that is virtuous and good on Earth. We might well refer to this as "Touched By a Talk Show Host."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Have I shared with you all lately, how much I despise Saint Oprah?

Sadly, no. However, since I've despised her for years myself, I'd like to associate myself with your remarks. :D

I think this quote captures the essence of Pope-rah perfectly:

Shallow as a birdbath, the program would appear to exist less as a true philanthropic exercise than yet another self-aggrandizing vehicle in Oprah's divine quest to become synonymous with all that is virtuous and good on Earth. We might well refer to this as "Touched By a Talk Show Host."

Sadly, no. However, since I've despised her for years myself, I'd like to associate myself with your remarks. :D

I think this quote captures the essence of Pope-rah perfectly:

Can I join in on this party too? Haven't been able to tolerate the woman for years -_-

I say I hate her, but that's unfair, because really I don't care enough to pay attention. I have never watched her show and I try to ignore her as much as possible, but as her ego expands exponentially, it's increasingly difficult to do.....

`Oprah's Big Give' gets big numbers

Books, TV movies, a presidential candidate and now a philanthropic reality show. Maybe everything Oprah Winfrey touches really does turn to gold.

Sunday's premiere of "Oprah's Big Give" on ABC was seen by 15.7 million people, the largest audience in prime-time last week for any program not named "American Idol," according to Nielsen Media Research.

ABC also did well with Monday's prime-time remake of "A Raisin in the Sun," which finished in the top 10 with 12.7 million viewers.

Meanwhile, NBC found that few people cared about its much-ballyhooed transfer of a series, "Quarterlife," from the Internet to broadcast. Only 3.1 million people watched, earning it a quick hook and shift to the Bravo cable network. Among the top four broadcasters, only a Saturday night rerun of an "All-Star Tribute to Jimmy Kimmel" had a smaller audience.

In a sign of the time for television networks, and a residue of the writers strike, none of the seven most-watched programs last week were scripted. "Lost" was the only traditional comedy or drama to hit the top 10.

Fox easily won the week, averaging 13.7 million viewers (8.0 rating, 13 share). CBS had 8.1 million (5.2, 9), ABC had 7.9 million (5.1, 8), NBC had 7.2 million (4.7, 8), the CW had 2.2 million (1.4, 2), My Network TV had 1.2 million (0.8, 1) and ION Television had 480,000 (0.3, 1).

Among the Spanish-language networks, Univision led with a prime-time average of 3.5 million viewers (1.8 rating, 3 share), Telemundo had 1.1 million (0.6, 1), TeleFutura had 660,000 (0.4, 1) and Azteca had 150,000 (0.1, 0).

NBC's "Nightly News" won the evening news ratings race, averaging 9.2 million viewers (6.2 rating, 12 share). ABC's "World News" averaged 9 million viewers (6.1, 12) and the "CBS Evening News" had 7 million (4.7, 9).

A ratings point represents 1,128,000 households, or 1 percent of the nation's estimated 112.8 million TV homes. The share is the percentage of in-use televisions tuned to a given show.

For the week of Feb. 25-March 2, the top 10 shows, their networks and viewerships: "American Idol" (Tuesday), Fox, 28.59 million; "American Idol" (Wednesday), Fox, 27.55 million; "American Idol" (Thursday), Fox, 26.23 million; "Oprah's Big Give," ABC, 15.68 million; "Deal or No Deal" (Monday), NBC, 15.43 million; "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," ABC, 14.87 million; "Don't Forget the Lyrics," Fox, 14.4 million; "Lost," ABC, 12.89 million; Movie: "A Raisin in the Sun," ABC, 12.69 million; "Survivor: Micronesia," CBS, 12.53 million.

Oprah duped by another fabricated ‘memoir’

‘Love and Consequences’ described as ‘startlingly tender’ in O magazine

Access Hollywood

LOS ANGELES - Oprah Winfrey has a new book scandal on her hands. A “memoir,” praised in her O Magazine as “startlingly tender,” has been revealed as a complete work of fiction.

“Love and Consequences,” written by Margaret B. Jones, a self-described half white, half Native American foster child and former drug runner, has been revealed as a fake. The fictional story was actually penned by Margaret Seltzer, a white, private-school educated writer.

Riverhead Books, which published the work, began recalling the book earlier this week.

“Love and Consequences” didn’t go as far as “A Million Little Pieces,” a “memoir” by James Frey, which was later revealed as full of exaggerations and falsities. His book was recommended on national television for Oprah’s Book Club.

In an interview with the New York Times earlier this week, Seltzer, whose deception was revealed by her own sister, claimed she fabricated the tale to give a voice to others.

“For whatever reason, I was really torn and I thought it was my opportunity to put a voice to people who people don’t listen to,” Seltzer told the paper. “I was in a position where at one point people said you should speak for us because nobody else is going to let us in to talk. Maybe it’s an ego thing — I don’t know. I just felt that there was good that I could do and there was no other way that someone would listen to it.”

Access Hollywood reached out to Oprah's magazine reps, who issued the following statement:

“‘Love and Consequences’ received a brief mention in the March issue of O, The Oprah Magazine. While it was a great read, we now know that it should have been classified as fiction, rather than as a memoir.”

It should also be noted that other publications reviewed “Love and Consequences,” including Newsweek and Entertainment Weekly.

Copyright 2008 by NBC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Kirstie Alley to speak for Oprah

Actress inks TV deal with Harpo Prods.

By JOSEF ADALIAN

Oprah Winfrey is getting into business with Kirstie Alley.

Winfrey's Chi-based Harpo Prods. has inked a development deal with Alley for TV projects. A daily talkshow toplined by Alley is already under consideration.

Deal comes a few years after Alley made a series of high-profile appearances on Winfrey's gabber in order to discuss her weight. Most famously, she wore a bikini on Winfrey's show after a major weight loss achieved via Jenny Craig.

Harpo Prods. prexy Tim Bennett described Alley as "incredibly relatable and a true fan favorite.

"We are looking forward to working together to bring viewers everywhere her distinctive voice and comedic flair," Bennett added.

Alley said she's hoping to come up with "something totally fresh" via her collaboration with Harpo.

"I'm very open with what I've been through in my own personal life, and nothing -- I mean nothing -- is off-limits for me to talk about," the thesp said. "Nothing shocks me."

Deal with Winfrey isn't the first time Alley has tried to go the talker route. A few years ago, the former "Cheers" and "Veronica's Closet" star hooked up with Buena Vista and Fisher to develop a syndie gabber, but the project never got off the ground.

Last year, Alley starred in the Fox comedy pilot "The Minister of Divine." Before that, she toplined the Showtime skein "Fat Actress."

So, does anyone what the deal is with O being buddy buddy with all those $cieno's? She's fawning all over Travolta, LLF, Alley. Closeted $cieno, or something else?

So, does anyone what the deal is with O being buddy buddy with all those $cieno's? She's fawning all over Travolta, LLF, Alley. Closeted $cieno, or something else?

Just closeted..... ;)

Alley inks TV pact with Winfrey's company

Reuters

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Oprah Winfrey's Harpo Prods. has signed a development deal with Kirstie Alley for TV projects. It's unclear whether the deal might include a syndicated daytime talk show or a program for Winfrey's new cable channel.

Winfrey helped launch other daytime talk shows, including "Dr. Phil" and "Rachael Ray." Both hosts appeared frequently on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" before getting their own shows.

Alley also has been on multiple episodes of "Oprah," including a November 2006 appearance that generated headlines after she donned a bikini to flaunt her 75-pound weight loss.

Meanwhile, Winfrey's new channel, OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network, is set to launch in second-half 2009. It's a joint venture with Discovery Communications.

"I'm very open with what I've been through in my own personal life, and nothing -- I mean nothing -- is off-limits for me to talk about," Alley said. "And I won't lie -- I live a beautiful life. So I hope to bring those elements together to offer something totally fresh for the television audience."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Jennifer Aniston to Appear on Season Finale of Oprah's Big Give

Us Weekly

Jennifer Aniston will make a special appearance on the season finale of Oprah Winfrey's ABC reality hit Big Give.

On the episode — airing April 20 — contestants will be challenged to create "big gives" with no money and very little time.

Aniston — who just turned 39 — will announce "big news" on the show, according to a press release, but her role remains shrouded in secrecy.

"What can I possibly say that won’t get my ass kicked?" judge Jamie Oliver told Usmagazine.com before the season started. "I not allowed to say anything — but believe me, I'd love to!"

Producer Ellen Rakieten tells Us that Aniston immediately agreed to appear on the show.

"She was like, 'Whatever you guys need,'" Rakieten says.

"Jennifer is the nicest, kindest, sweetest person," Rakieten adds of the actress, who just signed on to help pal Courteney Cox raise $1 million for Epidermolysis Bullosa.

"She's the best friend you'd always want."

Aniston isn’t the only A-lister participating on the show.

Jada Pinkett-Smith, Gayle King and Natalie Cole will make appearances on the April 6 episode. John Travolta will lend a hand on the April 13 show.

Past Big Give celebs have included Drew Barrymore, Andre Agassi, Tony Hawk and racing champ Danica Patrick.

Just closeted..... ;)

She is probably the ultimate "get" for them.

There is probably a special Scientology task force working on it around the clock.

OPRAH BUYS IN

Page Six

March 25, 2008 -- GAYLE King , Oprah Winfrey's best friend, has moved into a penthouse purchased in the name of Oprah's recently departed pooch, Sophie. According to deed-transfer records released yesterday, a company called Sophie's Penthouse LLC bought a $7.1 million full-floor sky palace atop the 36-floor building at 207 E. 57th St., reports The Post's Braden Keil. It has three bedrooms, 31/2 baths, a large living room/dining area, and a 768-square-foot wraparound terrace.

Ellen named top TV host, Larry King least sexy: poll

Ellen DeGeneres has topped rival Oprah Winfrey in a popularity poll of television hosts -- while veteran Larry King was labeled the least sexy.

The poll by Web site AOL Television asked readers which daytime TV host made their day and DeGeneres, who opens "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" by dancing with her audience, trounced Oprah with 46 percent of the vote, while Winfrey only won 19 percent.

When asked which daytime host made the ideal dinner guest, again it was DeGeneres, with 47 percent of respondents saying they would rather dine with her, compared to 14 percent for Winfrey, long considered the queen of daytime TV with "The Oprah Winfrey Show."

The poll, whose results were released on Wednesday, received more than 1.35 million votes, and AOL Television Editor in Chief Scott Robson said the poll was unique for the broad cross-section of respondents who frequent AOL.

"(Our audience) is not just soccer moms. We really do combine everyone from hipsters to people who could care less about what happens on either coast," Robson said.

Among other findings, fans of morning talk shows favored ABC's Diane Sawyer on "Good Morning America" over her main rivals, Matt Lauer and Meredith Vieira, on NBC's "Today.'

Sawyer was favored as the morning show host whom most people would want to wake to, winning 30 percent of the vote, versus 26 percent for Lauer and 25 percent for Vieira.

"She has a news background, so she can straddle that line between coming at you with real news and talking to you as a real person," Robson said.

The "Good Morning America" host also was voted the most likely to make a good U.S. president, with 34 percent favoring her over rivals that included Jon Stewart of "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" and Oprah, both with 22 percent.

Among some of the other findings, Kelly Ripa of "Live with Regis and Kelly" was named the sexiest talk show host and the one with the best hair, while Larry King of "Larry King Live," who has been married seven times, was named least sexy.

Elisabeth Hasselbeck of "The View" was voted worst interviewer, and her co-star Whoopi Goldberg was picked to win in an "all-out 'View' smackdown" among the program's panel that includes Joy Behar, Sherri Shepherd and Barbara Walters.

Reuters/Nielsen

Copyright © 2008 Reuters Limited

Oprah Winfrey Dedicates a Show to Her Dead Dog

Wednesday April 2, 2008

Us Weekly

Oprah Winfrey is dedicating her Friday talk show to her cocker spaniel Sophie, who recently died of kidney failure at the age of 13.

"Sophie gave me 13 years of unconditional love. She was a true love in my life," Winfrey says on the show, according to a transcript released to the Associated Press.

Former View co-host Lisa Ling delivers an investigation on puppy mills — a segment Winfrey says is a must-see "for anybody anywhere who loves a dog, has ever loved a dog or just cares about their basic right to humane

treatment."

Winfrey — whose three current dogs are adopted — says she plans to adopt from an animal shelter in the future after seeing the segment.

"I would never, ever adopt another pet now without going to a shelter to do it," she says. "I am a changed woman after seeing this show."

BIRTHDAY GIRL

MAYA Angelou is only going to turn 80 once, so Oprah Winfrey is pulling out all the stops this weekend at Mar-a-Lago, where she's hosting a huge three-day party for the poet/author. Besides Oprah and Steadman Graham, and Donald and Melania Trump, guests are flying into Palm Beach from around the world, including Natalie Cole, Bryant Gumbel, Quincy Jones, Norman Lear, Tyler Perry, Cicely Tyson, Steve Wynn and Andrew Young.

Cher + Tina Set For Las Vegas Date

Semi-retired superstars CHER and TINA TURNER are to team up for a one-of-a-kind show in Las Vegas.

Oprah Winfrey has brought the two divas together for a TV special.

The Oprah Winfrey Show: Oprah, Cher and Tina in Vegas will be taped at the Coliseum - Celine Dion's former concert home in Sin City - at the beginning of next month (May08).

The show will air in America on 8 May (08).

Source: contactmusic