princess

Elizabeth Taylor

Go Liz!! :lol: :lol: She is the ultimate survivor.

An amazing & gracious woman as well as a full fledged MOVIE STAR :wub:

Liz was never afraid to be associated with gays & never feared the impact her work for aids awareness & fundraising could have had on her career back when it was a taboo subject.

I adore this woman so much & wish she could stay around forever.

Yay, etc. and by the way did everybody get that he's one of the most wonderful men ever!!! - sheesh, I wanted to clock that stupid writer. :rolleyes:

ITA that Liz is great for aligning herself with the AIDS cause WAY before it was popular and raising it to the awareness it now has today.

Couldn't help thinking though how lucky she is that fanchitchat and the internet didn't exist back in her day! Shoo-ee! She's like the original version of JLo's f'd-up love life and all the hullabaloo that is Brad and Angelina plus with even more star wattage overall! She woulda been tearin' up this board!!

Couldn't help thinking though how lucky she is that fanchitchat and the internet didn't exist back in her day! Shoo-ee! She's like the original version of JLo's f'd-up love life and all the hullabaloo that is Brad and Angelina plus with even more star wattage overall! She woulda been tearin' up this board!!

LOL, poofball. I was thinking the same thing. ;)

The Duped Hollywood Screen Legend

http://blinditems.typepad.com/dish/

Underground Buzz: This Hollywood Screen Legend is telling everyone around her that she is ready for another husband. This would be her ninth husband. The man she has her eyes on is a businessman. Close friends of the Hollywood legend are shocked by her choice because she has never dated outside of her race. The screen legend may have to rethink her choice. The businessman is gay, and is only dealing with her to further his own business career.

Methinks: Elizabeth Taylor's 'beau' Jason Winters

See this article: Particularly this quote: "Martin Delaney, the founder of a San Francisco Aids charity of which Jason Winters (Liz's new beau) has been a patron for more than 15 years, told the Daily Mail: "I don't know how a marriage between them (Jason and Elizabeth) could take place. That's not the kind of relationship they've got. I find it all pretty amusing. "Elizabeth is friends with Jason and his long-term friend, Erik Sterling. Jason and Erik are both on the board of the charity and they have a house in Hawaii."

Wanna bet that 'long term friend' is his long term boyfriend?

Rock Hudson bedded Dean to win bet with Liz Taylor

Posted Image

A former Hollywood starlet has revealed that actress Elizabeth Taylor made a bet with closeted gay actor Rock Hudson about which one of them could seduce James Dean.

The much-married Ms Taylor lost out, according to Noreen Nash.

Dean starred in the movie Giant with Taylor and Hudson, but he died before the film was released.

"Elizabeth and Rock took bets on who could get James Dean into bed first.

"I had an idea Rock would win but Elizabeth wasn't so sure. James was troubled but gorgeous," said Ms Nash, according to the Daily Express.

She reports that Ms Taylor lost her bet just days into the filming of Giant in 1955.

Dean was killed in a road accident on September 30th 1955.

The true nature of his sexuality has been endlessly argued over in the five decades since his death.

Some friends claim he only engaged in gay sex for "trade," others that he was bisexual.

Rock Hudson's death from AIDS in October 1985 brought the disease into the consciousness of many Americans for the first time.

His worldwide search for a cure drew international attention.

Elizabeth Taylor eventually married eight times, twice to Richard Burton, and won two Academy Awards.

Internet people are just jealous losers who make up these rumors! :D

Liz Taylor In New Health Scare

Silver screen legend Elizabeth Taylor is reportedly battling a new health complaint that is shutting her internal organs down. The ailing 76-year-old actress' latest medical crisis was brought on by the painkillers she has taken for years to combat chronic back and hip pain.

Sources tell the National Enquirer the drugs have caused irreversible damage to her liver and kidneys - but Taylor is refusing to go on dialysis that will prolong her life.

An insider tells the publication, "Her body is starting to shut down, and she's adamant about not resorting to life support. Liz does not want to continue living if it means being connected to machines. Liz said she has no intention of going on dialysis - let alone consider organ transplants."

Elizabeth Taylor: The Life of a West Hollywood Party

PEOPLE

By Bryan Alexander

Posted Image

She's played the Queen of Egypt and Maggie the Cat, but Thursday night Dame Elizabeth Taylor played to one of her most appreciative audiences yet – as the happily imbibing guest for a benefit at the Abbey, West Hollywood's premiere gay bar.

"This just doesn’t happen every day," Abbey owner David Cooley tells PEOPLE. "It was not only Elizabeth Taylor, but she was the life of the party."

Though wheelchair-bound, the 76-year-old superstar's appearance saw her blinged to the max ("There were massive stones on every finger," says one partygoer. "It was amazing") and ready to have a good time – all for a good cause: the Trevor Fund, which runs a national suicide prevention hotline for gay youths.

Holding court in the back of the bar for a solid two hours, Taylor started off asking for the house-special apple martini, says Cooley. But when she caught sight of his watermelon martini, she wanted to try one for herself.

"She said that looks fun, so then she had a watermelon martini," he says. "She managed to drink these with a straw in a very lady-like manner."

Patrons in the club elbowed their way to the bar to get a good look at her. What they saw: Taylor, now sipping tequila shots.

"My friend texted me that Elizabeth Taylor was here, so I had to come see for myself," one wide-eyed guest told PEOPLE.

He wasn't alone. Cooley says that 200 people made their way to the exit to watch Taylor when she finally left the club.

"She waved as she drove off and said she'd be back," says Cooley. “In my 17 years here I have seen a lot of celebs, but how do you top that?

*sigh* Lots of love to La Liz but my god, that woman has always, ALWAYS, had the taste of a troll on acid. Even in her heyday she had the worst taste imaginable and all those rocks couldn't do a damn thing to hide it. Well, actually, they sort of did. Being mesmerized by the bling covers a multitude of sins.

Anyway, I'm sad that I missed her knocking 'em back at the Abbey. I would have LOVED to catch a glimpse of her, even looking like absolute hell. She's still Elizabeth Fucking Taylor and she puts these starlet-come-latelys to shame.

I can't believe she is only 76 - she looks older than that!

Brain freeze - Of course she is older than - it is Hollywood....

Carry on!

10/06/09

Elizabeth Taylor to Undergo Heart Operation

Elizabeth Taylor is letting her friends and fans know that she is about to go to the hospital for heart surgery.

"Any prayers you happen to have lying around I would dearly appreciate. I'll let you know when it's all over. Love you, Elizabeth," the 77-year-old star wrote on her Twitter page Tuesday afternoon.

That message was preceded by two others:

• "Dear Friends, I would like to let you know before it gets in the papers that I am going into the hospital to have a procedure on my heart."

• "It's very new and involves repairing my leaky valve using a clip device, without open heart surgery, so that my heart will function better"

A call to her rep was not immediately returned.

Source People

10/09/09

Elizabeth Taylor's 'Perfect' Procedure

Elizabeth Taylor's heart operation went "perfectly".

The Oscar-winning actress underwent surgery to repair a leaky heart valve earlier this week, and has taken to her Twitter page to reassure fans she is recovering well.

She wrote: "Dear Friends, My heart procedure went off perfectly. It's like having a brand new ticker. Thank you for your prayers and good wishes... I know they all helped. Love you, Elizabeth (sic)."

Elizabeth had the operation in Los Angeles, but the exact medical centre is unknown.

The 77-year-old star announced she was checking into hospital on Twitter, asking her fans to pray for her quick recovery.

She wrote: "Dear friends, I would like to let you know before it gets in the papers that I am going into the hospital to have a procedure on my heart.

"It's very new and involves repairing my leaky valve using a clip device, without open heart surgery, so that my heart will function better.

"Any prayers you happen to have lying around I would dearly appreciate. I'll let you know when it's all over. Love you, Elizabeth."

The Hollywood legend battles several health problems, and regularly appears in a wheelchair when she is in public.

Source monstersandcritics.com

Elizabeth Taylor: 'I Love Twitter'

Dame Elizabeth Taylor has insisted that she is a big fan of Twitter.

The 77-year-old actress signed up to the social networking site earlier this year and regularly updates fans with thoughts and messages. In October, she tweeted that she was shortly due to undergo heart surgery.

Taylor has now told USA Today that age should never be a barrier when it comes to embracing new technology.

She said: "A girlfriend of mine suggested Twitter as a way to stay in touch and shoot down tabloid silliness. I must admit I love being able to talk with people directly without having anyone censor me. The warm love that comes back from people is an embrace. I'm always looking forward, never back."

However, Taylor added that she sometimes needs assistance with her iPod, saying: "We're just starting to load it now. I ask my secretary to help me with those things."

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Elizabeth Taylor Says No To Surgery

Dame Elizabeth Taylor is refusing to undergo any more surgery.

The 78-year-old screen legend - who has had numerous operations in the past 25 years for several health problems - has decided she doesn't want to go under the knife to receive treatment for Scoliosis, a painful curvature of the spine.

The condition has left her wheelchair-bound and with crippling neck pain, but after three visits to a Los Angeles hospital this year she has decided enough is enough.

A source close to the star is quoted as saying: "I won't go so far as to say she has given up but she is adamant she can't face another operation. Some mornings her neck is in such acute pain she is barely able to lift her head.

"She spends most of the day sitting in a chair with her head slumped on her shoulder. It's the only position in which she feels anything like comfortable."

Over the years Taylor has had both her hips replaced, several operations on her back, beaten a brain tumour, undergone surgery to treat congestive heart failure, had a stroke and has suffered from diabetes, pneumonia, osteoporosis and skin cancer.

The 'Cleopatra' star - who has been married eight times - took to her twitter page last year to tell her fans how her open heart surgery went.

She wrote at the time: "Dear Friends, My heart procedure went off perfectly. It's like having a brand new ticker. Thank you for your prayers and good wishes... I know they all helped. Love you, Elizabeth (sic)."

Source femalefirst

Going the whole 9! La Liz to wed again

Elizabeth Taylor, 78, is planning to tie the knot yet again -- this time with a longtime companion 29 years her junior.

Taylor recently became secretly engaged to showbiz manager Jason Winters, 49, according to Usmagazine.com.

The violet-eyed one has been single for 14 years -- her longest hubbyless stretch -- since she divorced her last spouse, construction worker Larry Fortensky, after five years of on-and-off wedded bliss.

Her relationship with Winters, who recently took on Janet Jackson as a client, became publicly known in 2007, when they were spotted on a romantic vacation in Hawaii.

LIZ TAYLOR Engaged to "boy toy," 49.The happy couple also celebrated the Fourth of July in 2008 aboard a yacht in Santa Monica and have been photographed together at various charity events.

"She didn't think she'd fall in love again, but since Jason came into her life, that has all changed," a source close to Taylor said at the time.

The Hollywood legend's husbands have included hotel heir Conrad "Nicky" Hilton (1950-51), actor Michael Wilding ('52-'57), impresario Mike Todd ('57 until his death in a plane crash in '58), singer Eddie Fisher ('59-'64), actor Richard Burton ('64-'74 and '75-'76), Sen. John Warner ('76-'82) and Fortensky ('91-'96).

source: http://www.nypost.com

Elizabeth Taylor Denies She's Getting Married for 9th Time

Eight marriages are enough right now for Elizabeth Taylor.

"The rumors regarding my engagement simply aren't true," the legendary Hollywood actress Tweeted in response to online reports she planned to tie the knot for ninth time with Jason Winters. "Jason is my manager and dearest friend. I love him with all my heart."

Taylor, 78, has been married eight times to seven different men: Conrad Hilton Jr., Michael Wilding, Mike Todd, Eddie Fisher, Richard Burton (twice), John Warner and Larry Fortensky. She has been single since her divorce from Fortensky in 1996.

Winters, 49, is a principal in Sterling Winters Management. In 2007, Taylor told columnist Liz Smith: "Jason Winters is one of the most wonderful men I've ever known and that's why I love him. He bought us the most beautiful house in Hawaii and we visit it as often as possible."

Source People

I was really shocked by her death. She had been sick for so long (something, most of her life, really) I read Furious Love last year and just loved it- I was joking with a friend yesterday that she's hopefully reunited with Richard Burton now and she responded - yes - there will probably be thunderstorms tonight. And THERE WERE (and we live in different states!!!)

Ted C has nice remembrances on his site today: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/the_awful_...seduced_me.html

The Day Elizabeth Taylor Seduced MeToday 4:21 AM PDT by Ted Casablanca

UPPA/ZUMAPress.com

I had seen Elizabeth Taylor several times since our first meeting in 1992, and she was always as she was that first day: breathtakingly captivating.

I worked for Premiere magazine at the time, and I was doing a piece on her absurdly successful second career as a businesswoman hawking perfume. Her first, Elizabeth Taylor's Passion, was such hideous stuff I would use it to freshen up the litter box.

But then, she launched White Diamonds, which was a genius scent that catapulted Elizabeth (never Liz) into mega-businesswoman stardom. Taylor made zillions off the stuff. And so with more faxes, phone calls, letters and rearranged appointments than I would imagine it would take to interview the president of the Unites States of America, I finally drove through the gates of Taylor's Bel-Air estate:

She was incredibly late. I sat in that living room just down from Nancy Regan's pad for a couple of hours.

But I was grateful for the chance to calm down. I had always admired Taylor greatly for being an outspoken Hollywood broad, not to mention a talented film actress and exceptional beauty. As a rule, I don't get gushy or nervous with celebs, but I was anxious.

I also got a chance to really study her décor. The pad was loaded with priceless paintings (her father was an art dealer) grouped very warmly around over the sofa. Nothing grand about it. Those Van Goghs were there for the enjoyment, right up front, nothing was austere, hands-off or coldly at a distant. Brass deer were lying at the fireplace. Dogs were running in and out of the patio doors, which opened onto the small green lawn. It was all kind of kitschy, warm and cool.

This was not a stuffy star's overly decorated home, made up for a magazine spread: this was Taylor's family ranch-style pad, meant to be enjoyed.

I smelled her before I saw her.

Suddenly, Taylor bolted in wearing high-heel boots and a purple blouse, nothing fussy. She was luminous and looked to be wearing what appeared to be little-boy's blue jeans, she was so tiny—the last period in her life she was truly a curvy little thing. Masses of amethysts were around her neck and wrists. No diamonds, I was hugely disappointed.

But that changed as soon as Elizabeth opened her mouth:

She talked about how pissed she was that she still had to work so hard at bringing people around to help with AIDS. Resting under one of her masterpieces, Taylor mentioned in particular a businessman she met at a recent fundraiser. The man had asked her if it was true you could only get AIDS through the rectum.

Taylor's heavily made-up violet eyes squinted as she repeated what she told the man: "No, dear, through the vaginal juices, too."

That's what Elizabeth did best: shock and talk sense at the same time.

She told me how much she loved taking a break from Hollywood, which she found "childish." The business world better suited her, she said, as it was more "grown up."

Taylor also intimated her life with Sen. John Warner (husband No. 7) was boring as crap, and, she said that Richard Burton was the love of her life. This is no secret.

She said she loved playing Cleopatra because she was such a "smart" woman, and she got a particular kick out of the fact Egypt's ruler was such an "incredibly homely woman," and how ironic it all was.

But Taylor was hardly conceited. She told me she hated her short legs, envied tall, svelte women like no one else's business. She also said "no woman ever gets tired of being told she's beautiful." She smiled and invited me to a taping of a talk show she was doing that night. I was so enchanted I'd have done anything she asked at that point.

Even though Elizabeth became frail and sometimes hard to understand, you couldn't stop looking at her. The last time I saw her was at the Macy's Passport AIDS/HIV fundraiser in 2009. She could barely read the prompter in front of her onstage and some nasty people near me were taking pictures and snickering.

I thought it was particularly mean treatment of the movie legend—who was the first to rally against AIDS in Hollywood when her good friend Rock Hudson succumbed to the disease. That salty legend took a stand when nobody else had to the guts to do anything. She deserved much more. Especially for still continuing her AIDS work, even when her health really wasn't up to it.

And for that, I say Elizabeth was as beautiful when she died as she was—-always.

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/the_awful_...l#ixzz1HWgj7TDP