princess

Star Jones

Brilliantly, she's come off as the victim.

My ass. :rolleyes:

This lady is too over the top not to show up somewhere on television.

I am hoping for the TV Guide Network. She and Joan can go at each other. :ph34r: Edited by tyler

I can't stand this woman. This AM I saw her on HGTV. She'll be hosting a househunters in New York all next week. I can't stand seeing her or listening to her. WHY would ANYONE give her a job?

I can't stand this woman. This AM I saw her on HGTV. She'll be hosting a househunters in New York all next week. I can't stand seeing her or listening to her. WHY would ANYONE give her a job?

Nooooooooooooooo :o HGTV is my fave channel! She CANNOT ruin my fave channel! I will not let her! Off to e-mail . . . <_<

Star Jones Reynolds’ new gig?

Former ‘View’ host does a guest spot on HGTV’s ‘House Hunters’

Access Hollywood

Updated: 6:53 p.m. CT July 5, 2006

NEW YORK - As the Star Jones saga continues, Access Hollywood uncovers who wants her job and what job Star already has lined up.

“Hi. I'm Star Jones. Join me for the views, the reviews and the real estate news in the Big Apple,” she said during her guest spot on HGTV's “House Hunters.”

And no, Star isn't taking a playful jab at her former “View” employers. She's just doing her job as the special weeklong guest host for HGTV's popular show.

Access was exclusively on the set as Star shot her segments for the show. Although it was weeks before the official ousting from the “View” happened, Star admitted to us she was on her own house hunt to sell her three-bedroom triplex apartment.

“I don't think people outside of New York realize that we still have neighborhoods here, that's one thing I love the most,” she told Access.

And while some insiders thought Star's own personal house hunting was a clear sign she was leaving the show, it turns out she just needed more space.

“We are starting to look for a new apartment. Something that's a little bit bigger and more conducive to a married couple,” Star explained. “My apartment initially was very much a single girl's lair with a dressing room and a closet that's the size of most boutiques. But now we are looking for more space —two bathrooms, one for each of us is a big deal, and a closet for him and a closet for me. So we've got some time to find what we really, really want.”

With or without a job, price was always an issue.

“There are only two price ranges in New York — expensive and unbelievably expensive. I'm trying to stay in just basically expensive category,” she laughed.

And back at “The View,” it will be the summer of auditions to fill Star's vacated seat. On Wednesday it was Brandy and Thursday, Susan Lucci will give it a shot.

“We are starting to look for a new apartment. Something that's a little bit bigger and more conducive to a married couple,” Star explained. “My apartment initially was very much a single girl's lair with a dressing room and a closet that's the size of most boutiques. But now we are looking for more space —two bathrooms, one for each of us is a big deal, and a closet for him and a closet for me. So we've got some time to find what we really, really want.”

That's right - BGA needs a closet all to himself!

What's Next for Star Jones Reynolds?

People.com, THURSDAY JULY 06, 2006 06:05AM EST

Posted Image

After an explosive week in which she announced to PEOPLE that she'd been fired from The View, and then publicly traded barbs with former cohost Barbara Walters, Star Jones Reynolds is ready to move on.

Starting July 10, she'll serve a weeklong stint hosting HGTV's House Hunters, helping home buyers navigate the New York City real estate market, PEOPLE reports in its new issue. But after that her calendar is clear.

Still, she's optimistic. As she told PEOPLE of her job loss, "Yeah, this is an obstacle, but inside every obstacle is an opportunity."

She's already found plenty of TV viewers. Her June 29 appearance on CNN's Larry King Live was watched by nearly 3 million people, triple the show's usual ratings. And the next day, Today's Al Roker filled a full 20 minutes talking to Reynolds about her departure from The View.

Will she be able to keep her seemingly loyal fan base? "How this pans out for her career all depends on what she does in the next 18 months," says media analyst Bob Thompson. "Even if she tries a bunch of things and none of them work, I don't think she's going to end up on The Surreal Life 9."

One thing is for certain: She's already surrounded by supporters. After her rough week, she and husband Al Reynolds spent the Fourth of July weekend at their home in the Hamptons, where on Saturday night they went dancing at Southampton's Pink Elephant club.

"She and Al were holding hands the whole time and having so much fun," says a source. "She got a very warm welcome. A lot of guests were congratulating her on how she handled everything leaving The View."

As close friend LaTanya Richardson Jackson (wife of actor Samuel L. Jackson) tells PEOPLE of Reynolds, "She's incredibly hurt, but she's also incredibly resilient. She's moving on."

Oh my God. I am so addicted to that Star Jones site. It's absolutely hilarious, it's like watching the world's biggest train wreck in slow motion on each and every page. It's amazing. Her website belongs in the pantheon of greatest so bad its amazing wall of shame with Showgirls, Mommie Dearest, and the like.

Access was exclusively on the set as Star shot her segments for the show. Although it was weeks before the official ousting from the “View” happened, Star admitted to us she was on her own house hunt to sell her three-bedroom triplex apartment.

I saw this on Access Hollywood last night and the part about it being filmed weeks ago got my attention. So there's a lot of fuss about her "still working" or having a "new job" but in fact, she did this before her exit from the View - she's not working now. I wonder if they would have had her film that if she had already left the View. I think NOT!!

Star needs to go away now.

Oh my God. I am so addicted to that Star Jones site. It's absolutely hilarious, it's like watching the world's biggest train wreck in slow motion on each and every page. It's amazing. Her website belongs in the pantheon of greatest so bad its amazing wall of shame with Showgirls, Mommie Dearest, and the like.

I think the funniest part of that website is that they REALLY think it is a beautiful and lovely story. It is the PeeWee Herman of Wedding Stories. The Engagement Story is worth the time it takes to read it, it is so rediculously sappy. Enjoy....You have to register. I used starisapig@aol.com...go ahead and use it too.Saggy and the Flamer Edited by mf'smom

I think the funniest part of that website is that they REALLY think it is a beautiful and lovely story. It is the PeeWee Herman of Wedding Stories. The Engagement Story is worth the time it takes to read it, it is so rediculously sappy. Enjoy....You have to register. I used starisapig@aol.com...go ahead and use it too.Saggy and the Flamer
You know, I'll be honest, I went ahead and checked out her website, and I started to read their story--how he met her November 2003, how she looked him in his eyes and it was love at first sight. The storytelling is shared by both Starzilla and Big Gay Al--they take turns spewing this fantasy tale--and I could not continue reading this garbage beyond the second paragraph. There is no way in hell (unless I was drunk, coked up and delirious with 106 fever) that I would ever believe this sappy ass story. It really is sad when you think of it--I do not know who is the bigger FOOL of the two--Starzilla for shamlessly spinning such a fantastic tale (she really should go into fiction writing) or Big Gay Al for going along with the entire premise.

That's right - BGA needs a closet all to himself!
LOL. Seriously, there are so many comments I could make about that quote, I just don't know where to start. Single girls lair? A closet for Al? Everyone needs their own bathroom? They need time to find what they 'really want?' I mean, it's like a goldmine of humor and she is saying it totally seriously :lol:

I heard on, I think Inside Edition??, that she was giving her "fans" the email addresses for the producer of the View & Barbara Walters (must be a public address). She was also giving them step-by-step instructions on how to email them. :wacko:

I heard on, I think Inside Edition??, that she was giving her "fans" the email addresses for the producer of the View & Barbara Walters (must be a public address). She was also giving them step-by-step instructions on how to email them. :wacko:

The dumbest thing here is that Star actually thinks she has a bigger fan base than Barbara Walters and the ladies on the View. Walters is a POWERFUL person and Star is digging a hole that is almost on a level with the Spears/Federline clan. If Star had a brain, which she obviously doesn't, she would shut up NOW. Graceful exits work best and she went out like a circus elephant. Now all is left is the excrement.

Oh goodie ~ I was thinking of e-mailing the producers and Walters myself to tell them what an excellent decision they made! :)

Defamer.com:

Before They Were Unbearable Fame Whores: Starlet Jones, Attorney-At-Law

Posted Image

It's easy to forget, in all the controversy surrounding her recent dismissal from The View, that the almost impossibly glamorous Star Jones was once Starlet Jones, a highly principled and sober assistant D.A from Brooklyn. Delivering trenchant legal analysis to CourtTV audiences in a wardrobe limited to sensible leprechaunwear, the Starlet in this unearthed 1991 video seems worlds away from the rampaging couch diva and insufferable red carpet celebrity suck-ass we've come to know and loathe over the years. We'd go on about how this is a cautionary tale of what becomes a high moral character when egos and greed are driven to excess, but damn it if she doesn't look a zillion times better after she spent some of her millions on stomach removal surgery, a breast lift, and some chi chi designer duds. Celebrity 1, Integrity 0.

Star Jones: A View Before 'The View' [CourtTV.com]

Oh goodie ~ I was thinking of e-mailing the producers and Walters myself to tell them what an excellent decision they made! :)
E.T. reported today that the email addresses have disappeared. Considering she was a lawyer, she should have seen that coming. Or maybe she did & she just wanted to get in another dig. Also, I had no idea she used to go by the name Starlet. Is that her given name? I just figured Star Jones was a fake name. :huh:

E.T. reported today that the email addresses have disappeared. Considering she was a lawyer, she should have seen that coming. Or maybe she did & she just wanted to get in another dig. Also, I had no idea she used to go by the name Starlet. Is that her given name? I just figured Star Jones was a fake name. :huh:
I just found the address of ABC on Star's idiotic website. NO not the wedding one, the starjones.com idiotic website. (I logged in as starisapig@aol.com if you want to use it). :D If you want to go and tell ABC you're REALLY glad she's gone like I did, go here:ABC Contact Page

How long was she actually practicing as an attorney? Does anyone know?I always got the impression, from some of her idiot comments on the View, that she didn't have all that much actual lawy-ah experience. But maybe she's just an idiot. :D

Soho, you asked. I found this on the Star Jones website, one of the most idiotic websites out there, if you take out the star and al wedding website. -_- -_-

I KNOW this it TOO LONG, but it is so friggin' hilarious. Read the part about the Emmy Hosting...(I put it in bold)...she was FIRED from that gig. And, how the View wouldn't have been the success it was without Star. (She was fired from that gig too, but I don't see that anywhere....) THe book shine is ranked like 15,000 of books on Amazon...quite the popular book, Star. MAN is she a friggin idiot!!!!!!

HAVE YOU MET MISS JONES?

...oops, I mean Mrs. Reynolds!

Star Jones Reynolds, a lawyer and former prosecutor, is known to television viewers for her candor, confidence and uncanny ability to clarify muddy legal and social issues. Her knowledge of the law and talent for television has won her critical acclaim as a news and legal correspondent.

For nine years, Star was the co-host of The View, along with Meredith Vieira, Joy Behar, Elisabeth Hasselbeck and executive producer Barbara Walters. The View, recipient of the 2003 Daytime Emmy Award for "Outstanding Talk Show," is the original forum where real women discuss relevant, everyday issues and share their daily, no-holds-barred opinions and lively, colorful conversations. Star helped launch the program as an original host when it premiered in August, 1997, and in the words of Executive Producer, Barbara Walters..."The View would have never become the success it is without Star".

Yes, she is a lawyer...

Born in Badin, North Carolina, and raised both there and in Trenton, New Jersey, Star earned a B.A. at American University, got her law degree at the University of Houston, passed the New York Bar and went straight to the Brooklyn District Attorney's office. After three years in general trials, she moved to the Homicide Bureau, where her work earned her a promotion to Senior Assistant District Attorney in 1991. She was one of the attorneys D.A. Joe Hynes personally selected to prosecute high profile and community-sensitive cases. As a lawyer, she gained attention in court with a number of highly publicized victories. In one case she became the first New York Assistant District Attorney to obtain the maximum sentence for a 13-year-old defendant tried as an adult in the murder of another teenager. In another case she won a 66-year prison term for a serial sex abuser known as the "Bicycle Rapist", after other lawyers had failed to get convictions in four other cases.

Star was tapped by E! Entertainment Television to become the 2005 host of "Live from the Red Carpet", the quintessential "must-see" show for the Emmys, Golden Globes, Screen Actors Guild (SAG), Grammys and Academy Awards. Star's debut at E! (for the Emmy awards) was a resounding success and her follow-up performances at each and every award show produced double and sometimes triple the ratings of her competition.

Star was also "Chief of Consumer Style" (national spokesperson) for Payless ShoeSource, the number one shoe retailer in the United States. As a popular commercial personality, Star was the "face" of Payless ShoeSource and appeared in all of their print and broadcast advertisements. Her "shoe style" is watched so closely that in 2003, Star launched her signature line of shoes "Starlet by Star Jones ™" that is sold exclusively at Payless ShoeSource.

September 1998 marked the publication of Star's first book, You Have to Stand for Something, or You'll Fall for Anything (Bantam), which received widespread critical acclaim and became a bestseller. Her new book Shine...a Physical, Emotional & Spiritual Journey to Finding Love (Harper Collins) hit booksstores on January 6, 2006 and immediately became another bestseller.

Helping Others to "Shine"

Star is heavily involved in numerous philanthropic efforts. As the goodwill ambassador for "First Star", she is the voice of the effort to give basic rights to children in America's foster care system. She is on the Board of Directors/Trustees of The East Harlem School, The G&P Foundation for Cancer Research, The HollyRod Foundation for Parkinson’s Research and God’s Love We Deliver and contributes regularly to the NY Amory Foundation, Hale House and various Youth Foundations. Additionally she is on the National Advisory Boards of Girls, Inc. and Dress for Success. In 2002, Star launched her own not-for-profit foundation, "The Starlet Fund," which makes financial grants to individuals and organizations that are dedicated to the support and encouragement of women, girls and families in need.

On November 13, 2004, Star Jones became Star Jones Reynolds when she married Al Scales Reynolds. She and her husband live in New York City and East Hampton, NY with their dog "Pinky".

I'm pretty skeptical of the legal part of her resume, too. I don't want to be all, "I'm a LAWYAH! Like STAH JONES!" or anything...but I am, and I have to say that I NEVER heard of ANYONE personally prosecuting a homicide case after only THREE YEARS as a prosecutor. They tend to want someone to have, like, a LITTLE bit of experience before they move on to prosecuting, like MURDERS. :rolleyes: My guess is that it is true that she worked in the Homicide Bureau, but she did not really prosecute any murder cases herself - she probably assisted more senior District Attorneys in doing those things in a more investigative/background way, by fetching files and doing research and investigation and such, because that's usually the kind of involvement a third-year attorney would have in a homicide case at that point. Then, she probably moved onto some kind of administrative or community outreach position (seems like those usually come with the title "Senior Assistant District Attorney"). If she was a prosecutor for 3 or 4 years, I could see her doing the sex crime case and the juvenile case that her resume mentions, but I also notice that the way her resume is written, it looks like she didn't take either of those cases to trial, but got plea bargains. (I say this because it talks about her "securing sentences" which usually means plea bargain - if you went to trial and got a jury verdict you would not say it the way she does here.)So anyway my point is just that despite the kind of sketchy way she states things in that resume, and the way she is always going on and on about her "expertise" - it definitely doesn't sound to me like she had all that much actual trial experience when she was a lawyer. And in fact it sounds to me like maybe after three years she got moved OUT of the courtroom. Sorry to get all catty, but I hate both Star Jones AND people who get sketchy on their resumes. -_- (and it also makes me feel a little better about the Brooklyn DA's office that they didn't actually position Star Jones as a high-powered lawyer...LOL.)

Edited by soho2chelsea

Reynolds' charm in overdriveAl Reynolds knows when to bust out a tune to bring a smile to his bride.Star Jones, her husband and some pals were leaving Claudia Cohen's Fourth of July party Tuesday when the valet parking attendant misplaced their car, causing a 20-minute delay.He apologized, according to a witness, explaining: "I'm so sorry Miss Jones. This hasn't happened all night. I'm so sorry it had to be you."Which prompted Al and friends to break into the romantic classic "It Had to Be You."Such a sensitive guy!

Reynolds' charm in overdriveAl Reynolds knows when to bust out a tune to bring a smile to his bride.Star Jones, her husband and some pals were leaving Claudia Cohen's Fourth of July party Tuesday when the valet parking attendant misplaced their car, causing a 20-minute delay.He apologized, according to a witness, explaining: "I'm so sorry Miss Jones. This hasn't happened all night. I'm so sorry it had to be you."Which prompted Al and friends to break into the romantic classic "It Had to Be You."Such a sensitive guy!

Well that does it for me. He MUST be straight for sure.. i'm not sure my boyfriend even knows that song..lol..