princess

Star Jones

Page Six 8/3/06August 3, 2006 -- STAR Jones thinks somebody's out to get her. Infuriated by ongoing reports, including our story yesterday, that her marriage to Al Reynolds is finished, the dethroned "View" diva has her legal reps investigating "the source and motivation of these bold-faced lies . . . and is very close to exposing the individual who perpetrated them. At which time, appropriate legal action will be taken," her camp said in a statement. Meanwhile, Reynolds was spotted at Cain in Southampton with some pals last Friday night but no sign of his beloved wife.

Star: I'm Not Getting a Divorce

THURSDAY AUGUST 03, 2006 11:55AM EST

people.com

Star Jones Reynolds is hitting back against rumors that her marriage to Al Reynolds is on the rocks – and threatening legal action against those responsible for spreading them.

"These categorically false stories and their continuation are clearly being generated by someone for vindictive reasons alone," the former View cohost says in a statement through her rep. "(Star Jones and Al Reynolds') legal representatives have been investigating the source and motivation of these boldfaced lies for some time now and are very close to exposing the individual who has perpetrated them. At which time, appropriate legal action will be taken."

A story in Wednesday's New York Post reported that Jones has been telling friends she's "heartbroken" because her marriage is falling apart. The paper quoted an unnamed source as saying, "Star has resigned herself to the fact that they're not going to spend the rest of their lives together."

However, her rep tells PEOPLE that there is no truth to the divorce rumors.

Jones, 44, and Reynolds, 36 married in 2004 in an elaborate ceremony in which the TV star arrived at the in a wedding white-horse-drawn carriage.

"Every single wedding fantasy I ever had was fulfilled, down to the most handsome groom in the history of the world," Jones told PEOPLE at the time.

Hahaha! I :wub: Defamer! :lol:

Star Jones Prepared To Sue Anyone Who Suggests Things Aren't Going Great With Gay Husband

Star Jones' "people" (at this point, we imagine she's just making the calls herself using a really fake sounding British accent) have issued an angry statement in response to Page Six's lengthy item today reporting that Jones appears to have finally woken up, smelled the "I married a Gay" coffee, and has been telling friends in the Hamptons that the marriage is over.

Star's rep issued the following statement on her behalf:

"These categorically false stories and their continuation are clearly being generated by someone for vindictive reasons alone. [star Jones and Al Reynolds'] legal representatives have been investigating the source and motivation of these boldfaced lies for some time now and are very close to exposing the individual who has perpetrated them. At which time, appropriate legal action will be taken."

With no income at the moment, we'd probably advise the cost-cutting move of eliminating the $500-an-hour "legal representatives" Jones hired to root out anyone who may have been badmouthing her and/or anticipating the inevitable end of her sham marriage--she'll be bankrupt by the time they've reached the "G"s.

LOL - If she wants to "investigate" why people think her husband is gay, she should start by "investigating" that photo of him at the gay bar in a Speedo. I mean, just saying.

Edited by soho2chelsea

JONES' HUBBY GETS 4 A.M. BUZZ :rolleyes: August 4, 2006 -- STAR Jones' husband, Al Reynolds, had better tell strangers who come looking for him late at night to be a little more careful whose buzzers they ring. A neighbor of Reynolds and Jones who lives on a lower floor in the same ritzy Yorkville building where the couple have a penthouse says a mystery man rang his lobby buzzer Monday at 4 a.m. and asked for Star's better half. "He said, 'I'm looking for Al Reynolds,' " tattled the neighbor, who told the nocturnal visitor that he was calling the wrong apartment number. "He was a really big black guy in a bucket hat," said the mole, who glimpsed Reynolds' gentleman caller on his TV monitor via the building's closed-circuit cameras. Jones' spokesman, Brad Zeifman, downplayed the incident. He told us she and Reynolds "have been continuously harassed at all hours of the night after their address was made public, and, fortunately, the two of them were not home on this night." Reynolds' neighbor says that, during daylight hours, Jones' mustachioed hubby is a regular sight around the building - albeit in very informal dress. "I know Al. I see him in the elevator all the time - in Spandex," the neighbor said, adding that Jones and Reynolds appear to be together "only when they go to parties. They are always together at night when they go to events. They drive around the neighborhood in a new car - a black 2007 S-Class 550 Mercedes." But a different source said that last weekend, Reynolds stepped out on the town with some male pals but without Jones. And he's previously been spotted alone at nightclubs on the East End. Last year, he was denied entrance at one Hamptons nightclub after showing up with a gaggle of guys. Word of Reynolds' mystery caller comes two days after Jones' rep angrily insisted that somebody is out to get the couple by claiming their marriage is finished. The rep also warned that Jones' lawyers have launched an investigation into who's been spreading the splitsville story and said they were closing in on a culprit, whom they intend to take to court.

JONES' HUBBY GETS 4 A.M. BUZZ :rolleyes: August 4, 2006 -- STAR Jones' husband, Al Reynolds, had better tell strangers who come looking for him late at night to be a little more careful whose buzzers they ring. A neighbor of Reynolds and Jones who lives on a lower floor in the same ritzy Yorkville building where the couple have a penthouse says a mystery man rang his lobby buzzer Monday at 4 a.m. and asked for Star's better half. "He said, 'I'm looking for Al Reynolds,' " tattled the neighbor, who told the nocturnal visitor that he was calling the wrong apartment number. "He was a really big black guy in a bucket hat," said the mole, who glimpsed Reynolds' gentleman caller on his TV monitor via the building's closed-circuit cameras. Jones' spokesman, Brad Zeifman, downplayed the incident. He told us she and Reynolds "have been continuously harassed at all hours of the night after their address was made public, and, fortunately, the two of them were not home on this night." Reynolds' neighbor says that, during daylight hours, Jones' mustachioed hubby is a regular sight around the building - albeit in very informal dress. "I know Al. I see him in the elevator all the time - in Spandex," the neighbor said, adding that Jones and Reynolds appear to be together "only when they go to parties. They are always together at night when they go to events. They drive around the neighborhood in a new car - a black 2007 S-Class 550 Mercedes." But a different source said that last weekend, Reynolds stepped out on the town with some male pals but without Jones. And he's previously been spotted alone at nightclubs on the East End. Last year, he was denied entrance at one Hamptons nightclub after showing up with a gaggle of guys. Word of Reynolds' mystery caller comes two days after Jones' rep angrily insisted that somebody is out to get the couple by claiming their marriage is finished. The rep also warned that Jones' lawyers have launched an investigation into who's been spreading the splitsville story and said they were closing in on a culprit, whom they intend to take to court.

I am sure it was legitmate business that they wanted to disucss at that hour... God, how can this woman not realize that she has became a national joke

From Dlisted:

Star Jones is No Longer Paying Less Payless Shoes has announced that Star Jones will be their last spokesperson. They are no longer working with the former The View co-host and have no plans to replace her. The relationship ended on a bad note. Payless felt that Star's current image no longer fit with the company's motto.Star is still unemployed and looking for a gig

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does Al have a job, or will they be forced to draw unemployment benefits and food stamps? ;)

Does Al have a job, or will they be forced to draw unemployment benefits and food stamps? ;)

Yea, he's a beard to a really hideous woman who gives him an allowance. All bets are off when she is no longer able to pay his salary, though. How will he be able to afford Tom Cruise to come over and spank him once a week? Plus all those pillows.....

Sadly I don't think she will be out of work, long. Doesn't she host some housing decorating show?

I think she hosted a couple of episodes of a house hunting show on HGTV (that's what I'm hoping) When Star & Al were first dating/engaged, he was described as a wall street financier or some such wording. Undoubtedly he could find some sort of employment. Could get references from his Fire Island chums, n'est ce pas?

From Vieira's view, Star flap makes show a joke BY DAVID HINCKLEYDAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER The bitter departure of Star Jones has spoiled "The View" for Meredith Vieira, who worries that the longrunning hit morning panel show has become "a joke."She also tells Time magazine this week she has rarely watched it since she left in June after accepting an offer to replace Katie Couric as Matt Lauer's co-host on NBC's "Today" show. She starts her new gig Sept. 13."I feel very sad for everything that's happened and for everybody involved," Vieira told Time. "I'm proud of the work we did there, but it's not a good time in the history of that show. It's hard to watch. It sort of became a joke."When Jones left "The View" shortly after Vieira, she traded accusations with show founder Barbara Walters about unprofessional conduct and a lack of good faith.Jones' exit came soon after Walters announced that Rosie O'Donnell would become a regular "View" panelist, taking the slot opened by Vieira's departure.That was expected to create some tension, since O'Donnell had questioned Jones' explanation for her dramatic weight loss.Vieira told Time she was "not tired" of working on "The View," but that she couldn't turn down "Today.""It's an institution," she said. "If I don't do this now, I'll probably not get offered it again." Originally published on August 28, 2006

Page Six:August 29, 2006 -- STAR Jones and hubby Al Reynolds were back from their European vacation for only a couple of hours last week when Reynolds left his wife at home to hit the clubs with the guys. He arrived at Lotus with three young men "in tight pants" and a woman and partied for a few hours before going home to Jones. But a pal of Reynolds says he may have just been trying to help his underemployed spouse get a job, telling us: "Al went out with the new female host of '106th and Park' and a group of executives from BET."

Meredith Vieira Tells Barbara Walters She Didn't Call 'The View' a 'Joke' Tuesday, August 29, 2006Meredith Vieira says she called former boss Barbara Walters yesterday -- telling her that a quote attributed to Vieira calling "The View" a "joke" was taken out of context. "i did call Barbara because I was very upset, and she was upset, too," Vieira told The Post.Vieira, interviewed in Time magazine, was asked about former co-host Star Jones' stormy departure from "The View" last June."I feel very sad for everything that's happened and for everybody involved," Vieira told the magazine. "I'm proud of the work we did there, but it's not a good time in the history of that show."It's hard to watch. It sort of became a joke."Vieira says Walters was understanding of the situation during their morning phone chat yesterday."She said [the 'joke' quote] 'doesn't sound like you, but if it was you, I'll have to hurt your husband,' " Vieira said."I think she's used to things being taken out of context."Walters was on vacation and unavailable for comment.Vieira said her "joke" comment was meant to describe, in her opinion, the way in which the media was treating "The View" in the weeks following Jones' exit."I felt that the media was turning ['The View'] into a joke, not that the show was a joke," Vieira said.On Sept. 13, Vieira starts her new job as Matt Lauer's co-host on "Today." She was already gone from "The View" when Jones made her unexpected announcement."In those days following Star's departure, in particular, it became a feeding frenzy, and I felt the media was turning the show into a joke . . . that it was becoming fodder for lots of mean-spirited articles," Vieira said."I found that hurtful. There was lots of ridicule, which I felt was unfair to lots of wonderful people there."Rosie O'Donnell, Vieira's replacement on "The View," makes her co-hosting debut Sept. 5."Quite frankly, I think the show is going to shine in the fall," Vieira said.Time editors yesterday appended an online mea culpa regarding Vieira's "joke" quote."[Vieira] assures Time that in no way were her comments meant to be insensitive or derogatory about a program she takes great pride in having built and been associated with for the last nine years," it read in part.

Star Jones: Emotional and Stressed Out

Posted Sep 25th 2006 7:12PM by TMZ Staff

Star Jones has given the National Enquirer an ultimatum: either admit that a story calling her her marriage a "sham" is untrue, or prepare to do battle in court (and remember, Star is a lawyer).

Bob Chapman, the high-powered attorney who represents Star and Al, tells TMZ that the Enquirer's story that Al is gay and the marriage is falling apart is not true. Chapman insists, "They are happily married," adding that Star is "emotional and stressed out" over the story.

The article in question, published in this week's issue dated October 2, 2006, features the headline "Star Jones' Husband Walks Out!" In a demand letter to the Enquirer, Chapman writes the article is "false and defamatory" and has "caused them massive damage." The letter also states, "You have also chosen to state that Mr. Reynolds is gay. While Mr. and Mrs. Reynolds believe that everyone should be free to make their own choice concerning sexual preference and that there is nothing wrong with being gay, you have nonetheless chosen to falsely state that Mr. Reynolds is gay." Chapman also states that the Enquirer has done "grave damage to their reputations, both publicly and privately."

Brad Zeifman, a rep for the couple, issued the following statement to TMZ: "Mr. and Mrs. Reynolds have tried to handle these vicious lies and attempts at character assassination with quiet dignity for far too long...now they will pursue immediate legal action against anyone who makes false statements about their family."

In a recent interview with Jawn Murray of AOL's Black Voices, Star stressed, "I love my husband and he loves and respects me-period! People can say what they want, but Al and I share what I like to call an unbreakable bond." Star reminds the public that, "It's not easy being under such intense scrutiny by the media. All we're trying to do is live our lives as Mr. and Mrs. Reynolds."

A rep for the National Enquirer had no comment.

Star Jones: Emotional and Stressed Out

Posted Sep 25th 2006 7:12PM by TMZ Staff

Star Jones has given the National Enquirer an ultimatum: either admit that a story calling her her marriage a "sham" is untrue, or prepare to do battle in court (and remember, Star is a lawyer).

Bob Chapman, the high-powered attorney who represents Star and Al, tells TMZ that the Enquirer's story that Al is gay and the marriage is falling apart is not true. Chapman insists, "They are happily married," adding that Star is "emotional and stressed out" over the story.

The article in question, published in this week's issue dated October 2, 2006, features the headline "Star Jones' Husband Walks Out!" In a demand letter to the Enquirer, Chapman writes the article is "false and defamatory" and has "caused them massive damage." The letter also states, "You have also chosen to state that Mr. Reynolds is gay. While Mr. and Mrs. Reynolds believe that everyone should be free to make their own choice concerning sexual preference and that there is nothing wrong with being gay, you have nonetheless chosen to falsely state that Mr. Reynolds is gay." Chapman also states that the Enquirer has done "grave damage to their reputations, both publicly and privately."

Brad Zeifman, a rep for the couple, issued the following statement to TMZ: "Mr. and Mrs. Reynolds have tried to handle these vicious lies and attempts at character assassination with quiet dignity for far too long...now they will pursue immediate legal action against anyone who makes false statements about their family."

In a recent interview with Jawn Murray of AOL's Black Voices, Star stressed, "I love my husband and he loves and respects me-period! People can say what they want, but Al and I share what I like to call an unbreakable bond." Star reminds the public that, "It's not easy being under such intense scrutiny by the media. All we're trying to do is live our lives as Mr. and Mrs. Reynolds."

A rep for the National Enquirer had no comment.

Guess someone forgot to tell her that her 15 minutes are finally over

She needs to realize that as long as people are talking about her, she's still famous. Her sham of a marriage is the only thing interesting about her -- without that she will return to obscurity where she belongs.

In a recent interview with Jawn Murray of AOL's Black Voices, Star stressed, "I love my husband and he loves and respects me-period! People can say what they want, but Al and I share what I like to call an unbreakable bond."

This does not mean that he is not gay.

Chapman writes the article is "false and defamatory" and has "caused them massive damage." The letter also states, "You have also chosen to state that Mr. Reynolds is gay. While Mr. and Mrs. Reynolds believe that everyone should be free to make their own choice concerning sexual preference and that there is nothing wrong with being gay, you have nonetheless chosen to falsely state that Mr. Reynolds is gay." Chapman also states that the Enquirer has done "grave damage to their reputations, both publicly and privately."

If there is "nothing wrong with being gay," then why are they calling it "vicious lies" and "character assassination" ??

The next step will be that the stress of all of this has broken up their marriage.

BACK ON SALE

Page Six

September 28, 2006 -- STAR Jones is putting her pad back on the market next month, reports the Corcoran Group's Pat Dugan. Jones had taken the three-bedroom triplex with a huge terrace on East 90th Street off the market at the end of summer to "renovate" after it failed to draw a buyer. Renovations were needed, according to those who viewed the "wild" pad that was decorated in animal prints, zebra stripes and lots of pictures of the dethroned "View" diva. Jones and her hubby Al Reynolds are once again asking $2.25 million.

BACK ON SALE

Page Six

September 28, 2006 -- STAR Jones is putting her pad back on the market next month, reports the Corcoran Group's Pat Dugan. Jones had taken the three-bedroom triplex with a huge terrace on East 90th Street off the market at the end of summer to "renovate" after it failed to draw a buyer. Renovations were needed, according to those who viewed the "wild" pad that was decorated in animal prints, zebra stripes and lots of pictures of the dethroned "View" diva. Jones and her hubby Al Reynolds are once again asking $2.25 million.

I saw the listing on Corcoran.com. The place was way over the top. This was one example of an apartment that needed to be better "staged" prior to listing. Star needs to realize not everyone is into zebra prints and pictures of her!

Star Jones and Husband To Sue 'The National Enquirer'

Los Angeles, California (AHN) - Former View co-host Star Jones and her husband Al Reynolds are charging a tabloid over an article published for the October 2 issue called, "Star Jones' Husband Walks Out!"

The couple's attorney, Bob Chapman, has forwarded a demand letter to The National Enquirer, saying that the article is "false and defamatory" and has resulted to "grave damage to their reputations, both publicly and privately."

The letter goes on to say, "You have also chosen to state that Mr. Reynolds is gay. While Mr. and Mrs. Reynolds believe that everyone should be free to make their own choice concerning sexual preference and that there is nothing wrong with being gay, you have nonetheless chosen to falsely state that Mr. Reynolds is gay."

The couple's representative told Us: "Mr. and Mrs. Reynolds have tried to handle these vicious lies and attempts at character assassination with quiet dignity for far too long...Now they will pursue immediate legal action against anyone who makes false statements about their family."

The tabloid also reported last month that Jones has been "slashing costs drastically" and "pressuring her husband to make more money" since losing her post at the ABC morning talk show.

ohnotheydidnt

poor thing. She's trying so hard to stay in the media any way she can, even if it's just for suing people or for having to renovate her tacky apartment before selling it...

VIEW OF MIAMI

Page Six

October 3, 2006 -- STAR Jones and her hubby, Al Reynolds, have fled Manhattan for the sunnier climes of Miami while they try to come up with new careers. Spies say they've holed up in a rented apartment in South Beach to "escape from the pressure of New York" while she flies back and forth to L.A. in attempts to get her own talk show and Reynolds writes his autobiography. Meanwhile, the former freebie-loving couple is steering clear of swag, in hopes of avoiding any more scandal. A rep for the two didn't return e-mails.