princess

Beyonce and Jay-Z

panachereport.com

Beyonce's father Matthew is furious his daughter was overlooked at the Golden Globe Awards, accusing the film industry of discriminating against blacks. The singer-turned-actress failed to pick up a single nomination for her role in "Dreamgirls," and - despite Golden Globe wins for African-Americans Forest Whitaker, Eddie Murphy, Prince, Dreamgirls co-star Jennifer Hudson and the movie itself - Matthew blames his daughter's omission on racism.

He told reporters after the ceremony on Monday, "Today is Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday and it saddens me to say that things have not changed for blacks. Working class blacks and blacks in Hollywood are still being discriminated against. We still have a long way to go."

Now that the Oscars has snubbed the paragon of talent that is Beyonce; how soon do you think before Al Sharpton and Matthre Knowles will be leading protest marches against the academy for this grave injustice?

PIT STOP

BEYONCE, WE SURRENDER!

By RAAKHEE MIRCHANDANI

New York Post

January 23, 2007 -- BEYONCE is up in arms - trying out a puzzling, Jessica Rabbit-like pose on red carpets around the world. There she is at the Golden Globes, arm draped over the back of her head. Or at premieres of "Dreamgirls" in London and Paris, flashing a glimpse of the dark crevices of her underarms.

The fashion world agrees: It's the pits.

"I would generally say that it's never good to pose with your armpits towards the camera. You always want to put your best side forward, and no one's best side is their armpit, no matter how cute you are," says movement instructor and model coach Mac Folkes, who helps Ford models learn how to walk the runway and pose for pictures.

"At this stage in the game, she should most definitely know better. She's gone on enough red carpets to know better than that."

Folkes says he's very particular about appendages - such as knees, elbows and armpits - facing the camera, and makes sure his students know that those are the least flattering poses.

Perhaps Beyoncé is trying to mimic the arms-in-the-sky pose on the (airbrushed) posters for "Dreamgirls," much the way Lindsay Lohan winked at every photo shoot for "Just My Luck." Maybe she's been reading a few too many '50s cheesecake magazines.

"Maybe this is how she gets back at Jennifer Hudson," Folkes suggests. "She's trying to grab some headlines back by showing her off her armpits."

Success!

A 'DREAM' TEAM

It's the Dreamgirls in action: Anika Noni-Rose, Beyoncé and first-time Oscar nominee Jennifer Hudson are a glam trio at their film's London premiere on Sunday.

Posted Image

A 'DREAM' TEAM

It's the Dreamgirls in action: Anika Noni-Rose, Beyoncé and first-time Oscar nominee Jennifer Hudson are a glam trio at their film's London premiere on Sunday.

Posted Image

She seems happy with her new boobs.

I wonder if she got over Hudson's statue.

SWEET DREAMS

Eva Simpson & Caroline Hedley

EXHAUSTED Beyonce asked for a comfy seat to plonk herself on at the London premiere of hit movie Dreamgirls.

Our spy said: "She started off really bubbly but when she got to the reception before the movie she seemed really tired, she was sort of stressed out."

Perhaps it's not surprising as the diva flew from LA to Paris to London on Sunday night as part of a whirlwind of publicity. Her agent said: "It was nothing serious." Take it easy, pet.

Jay-Z's Stalker on Dr. Phil

Oh No They Didn't

Dr. Phil whole article

“I’ve been stalking Jay-Z more than three years,” Katrina says matter-of-factly. “Jay-Z is the CEO of Def Jam [Records]. He’s a big celebrity. In my mind he’s more than that. He is just my dream. I can’t seem to think of anybody else. He is my all and all." Katrina buys every magazine Jay-Z is in, has called him over 300 times and e-mails him 200 times a day, but he has never responded. She even had a T-shirt made up with Jay-Z's and her picture, that she says she sleeps in every night. "Jay-Z’s real name is Shawn Corey Carter. When I’m writing songs, I would just call him Shawn. I make up my own songs and leave them on his voice mail," she shares. "I went to a Web site that has gossip, and they believe anything you say. I e-mailed them a letter, saying I wasJay-Z’s ex. I also went as far as saying Jay-Z liked me better than [his girlfriend] Beyoncé. He’s in love with me," she reveals. "Everything was made up."

Katrina's friends have pointed out that she'll never be able to take Jay-Z from Beyoncé. "I don’t care. To me, I am Beyoncé. I am every man’s dream. I’m accomplishing it by just looking in the mirror and saying, ‘Jay-Z’s going to be my man,’" she says. Katrina explains that when she heard a rumor that Jay-Z proposed to Beyoncé, she snapped and tore all his pictures up.

"I want to see Beyoncé and Jay-Z one day in public and just go there and snatch her weave out.” Della says, “Katrina is a stalker. Katrina needs a reality check. She needs to get her life together. I’m scared she’s going to get charges pressed against her and end up in jail.”

Katrina admits, “I’ve been stalking people my whole life. When someone rejects me, I get obsessed with that person. When I was 9, it was this man who went to my church, and I just had a huge crush on him. I called him over 100 times in one day.’”

Katrina describes her stalking expertise. “If you want to get next to Jay-Z, go through his close associates: his best friend, his cousin, his sister. Everyone who is close to Jay-Z, I’ve stalked,” Katrina admits. "My ex-boyfriend thought I was just nuts. And he got to the point where, ‘You choose me or Jay-Z,’ and I chose Jay-Z.”

Katrina tells Dr. Phil that she realizes, "It's something that I need to address.”

Dr. Phil points out that Katrina even stalked one of Jay-Z’s employees and sent her up to 200 e-mails a day.

“I would think if she knew Jay and was close to Jay, and if I talked to her, then I would be closer to Jay,” Katrina explains.

Dr. Phil mentions that Katrina can’t even spend time with her family, because she has to be home to check her e-mail in case Jay-Z responds. He shows Katrina a photo of Jay-Z and Beyoncé. “Is that painful for you to look at?” he asks.

“I just think he’s better off with me, because to me, she’s just fake, and she’s not giving her all and all to him," Katrina says.

“There’s just something not right about her?" Dr. Phil questions, reminding her that she is writing numerous e-mails to man she's never met.

“Well, I feel if I did meet him, that he would want me,” she says.

Dr. Phil tells her she’s obsessed with the unattainable. “If Jay-Z was going to meet a million people, you wouldn’t be on the list, because you’re on what’s called a watch list. You show up, and you’re going to be gone.’”

Katrina doesn’t respond.

Dr. Phil addresses Katrina’s dislike of Jay-Z’s relationship with Beyoncé. “What gives you the right to inject yourself in somebody’s life?" he asks.

"I just know that he would like what he sees if he were to see me," Katrina says.

panachereport.com

It was reported yesterday that dancers working on Beyonce’s latest videos are being low-balled on their salaries in order to make the videos cheap. Not surprising, according to LeToya Luckett in a ‘E Hollywood,’ Special (Broken Dreams) allegedly, while she was a group member in Destiny’s Child, she could barely pay her cell phone bill while Beyonce drove around in a Jaguar.

Diva's Dancers Discouraged by Dismal Dividends

If you're dancing for Beyonce, you better hope that the glory of getting to be her back-up is renumeration remuneration enough because the salary's pretty pitiful. TMZ reports that the dancers who are working on Beyonce's upcoming video are getting short-changed because the pop diva herself is financing the shoot herself and hoping to cut costs by dealing with the dancers directly, sans agents. According to TMZ:

Industry contacts say this practice is highly irregular for an artist of Beyonce's stature, and it undermines the dance industry as a whole. TMZ has learned that in order to maintain good working relationships, the production company for the project , RSA Films, has recently agreed to pay agency fees for some of the dancers.

Uh oh. Well, there's nobody left to kick out of the group, so I'm not sure exactly how Beyonce plans on remedying the situation.

Sweet Tooth

JAY-Z has pocketed a cool $3 million for agreeing to relaunch Cherry Coke. The Def Jam president, never one to say no to a good financial deal, is launching the soda next Wednesday. One music industry insider sniped, "He is supposed to be focused on his label - not outside deals." A rep for Jay-Z confirmed the date of the launch but said she had no idea how much money was involved.

NYDN

Beyonce Leads Soul Train Award Nominees

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) -- Beyonce positioned herself as the performer to beat in next month's annual Soul Train Music Awards, gathering a leading three nominations Tuesday, including one for best female album for "B'Day."

She was also up for honors for best female single, for the hit song "Irreplaceable," and for the Michael Jackson Award for best music video.

Mary J. Blige garnered two nominations, for best female R&B soul-single for "Take Me as I Am," and for best female R&B soul album for "The Breakthrough."

On the male side, John Legend, Chris Brown, Ne-Yo and Yung Joc each got two nominations.

Legend, who won Soul Train Awards last year for best male album and single, was nominated in those categories again. His "Once Again" was up for the best male album award, while "Save Room" was nominated for best male single.

Brown was also nominated for best male single, for "Yo (Excuse Me Miss)," and best male album for "Chris Brown." The teenager, who last year joked about fitting in studio time between basketball practice, was Soul Train's best new rap artist in 2006.

One of this year's newcomers, Ne-Yo, was nominated for best male single for "Sexy Love" and as best new artist.

Yung Joc was also nominated for best new artist and best dance cut for "It's Goin' Down."

The Isley Brothers featuring Ronald Isley got nominations in both group categories, getting a nomination for "Just Came Here to Chill" for single and "Baby Makin' Music" for best album. So did Gnarls Barkley, nominated for "Crazy" for single and "St. Elsewhere" for album.

Winners for the 21st Anniversary Soul Train Music Awards will be announced March 10 at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium, and the show will air in syndication March 17-24. The program will be co-hosted by Omarion and LeToya, who was also nominated for best female single for "Torn."

The awards, sponsored by the syndicated music show "Soul Train," celebrate artists in R&B, hip-hop and gospel music.

Winners are determined by a group of radio-station professionals, talent managers and performers.

I think we're missing one crucial fact when talking about Beyonce:

SHE RHYMES "MINUTE" WITH "MINUTE". The bitch is a freaking genius for that alone. Not to mention such wise and profound lyrics like "ta da leff, ta da leff".

I was watching some of her music videos last night and they're truly some of the greatest works of art since Showgirls. I have never seen so much unnecessary gyration and nonsensical dancing/plotlines in a music video in my life.

My favorites: Ring The Alarm, in which she channels Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct, seriously. Also, Deja Vu is freaking hilarious because she does some tribal dance in front of a plantation house and you really have to wonder what's going on in the minds of the producers, agents, managers, choreographers, and directors to have that much idiotic motifs in a music video.

I love me some Beyonce, I hope she never goes away. She's like a new-age Mariah Carey.

I think we're missing one crucial fact when talking about Beyonce:

SHE RHYMES "MINUTE" WITH "MINUTE". The bitch is a freaking genius for that alone. Not to mention such wise and profound lyrics like "ta da leff, ta da leff".

I was watching some of her music videos last night and they're truly some of the greatest works of art since Showgirls. I have never seen so much unnecessary gyration and nonsensical dancing/plotlines in a music video in my life.

My favorites: Ring The Alarm, in which she channels Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct, seriously. Also, Deja Vu is freaking hilarious because she does some tribal dance in front of a plantation house and you really have to wonder what's going on in the minds of the producers, agents, managers, choreographers, and directors to have that much idiotic motifs in a music video.

I love me some Beyonce, I hope she never goes away. She's like a new-age Mariah Carey.

Truer words have never been spoken, except for the part about her staying :rolleyes:

I wish she'd just get lost and stay there!

NYDN

And I'm telling you she's not going

Did Beyoncé snub Jennifer Hudson after the Grammys?

A source tells us Beyoncé's handlers did not want Hudson's name on the guest list for a party she threw with People magazine at Eleven in West Hollywood.

"At a lot of events recently, it's been all about Jennifer Hudson," sniffs an insider. "Beyoncé is successful because she's continually been out there. She doesn't want to look like she's slipping."

panachereport.com

Beyonce’s dream role in “Dreamgirls,” would have gone to Fugees star Lauryn Hill- if moviemaker Joel Schumacher had his way.

The director was slated to take charge of the movie musical years before Bill Condon took over and cast Beyonce as his lead. Schumacher reveals, "I was talking to Lauryn Hill about playing Deena in it." The outspoken director also had casting ideas for roles that have since earned Eddie Murphy and newcomer Jennifer Hudson Oscar nominations.

He adds, "I wanted Don Cheadle to play the James Early part, and Kelly Price, with that fabulous voice, I would have had her for Effie... I was really excited about it." But Schumacher's Dreamgirls project was axed when “Why Do Fools Fall In Love?” was released and flopped in 1998. On the back of the Frankie Lymon biopic, producers felt the time was wrong to release an R&B movie musical.

Beyonce's dad averts eyes

February 16, 2007 08:10am

BEYONCE Knowles' father refused to watch her pose in a skimpy bikini for Sports Illustrated magazine.

The singer - who was terrified about appearing on the cover of the magazine's famous annual swimsuit issue - has revealed her father Matthew, who is also her manager, couldn't bear to see her pose in revealing beachwear.

Beyonce said: "Kelly Rowland showed up. My mom was there, so was my nephew. Dad was going to come, but he said, 'Well, I'll meet you in Orlando after the shoot. I'm not so sure that I want to see this. All my blessings - you're a big girl. But I'm not so sure I want to see it.' " (Are you listening, Joe Simpson?)

Beyonce - who is following in the footsteps of Elle Macpherson, Heidi Klum and Tyra Banks by posing in a swimsuit for the magazine - embarked on a strict diet to prepare for the shoot.

She said: "I had to watch what I ate, which was tough because the shoot was right after Thanksgiving. At dinner, I kept thinking, 'This extra piece of pie will show up.'

"I always make sure I celebrate it up, but I was so terrified with every little thing I ate this year.

"The shoot took a lot of guts. I'm a really shy person. Everyday I play a character and I had to tap into that."

The 25-year-old singer-and-actress is proud of the photographs and can't wait to show them to her children - when she has them.

Beyonce said: "These are photographs I can show my kids some day. I can say, 'See, momma was beautiful. Look how good I looked!'"

news.com.au

Where's Beyonce Knowles? Rap mogul Jay-Z spent Valentine's Day without the companionship of his girlfriend. He had dinner Wednesday at Simon's Kitchen and Bar at the Hard Rock Hotel and was not seen with her Thursday at dinner at Nobu, the Asian eatery at the Hard Rock. There's been buzz that they have split. ...

From Norm Clarke's column, Las Vegas Review Journal 2/16/07

Where's Beyonce Knowles? Rap mogul Jay-Z spent Valentine's Day without the companionship of his girlfriend. He had dinner Wednesday at Simon's Kitchen and Bar at the Hard Rock Hotel and was not seen with her Thursday at dinner at Nobu, the Asian eatery at the Hard Rock. There's been buzz that they have split. ...

From Norm Clarke's column, Las Vegas Review Journal 2/16/07

Hhhmmn! With the guys, maybe?!?

Holy Moly

Snootylicious

Beyonce Knowles trudged into London recently to promote the film 'Dreamgirls', and some minutes later her arse also mooched into view.

Everyone else on the film stayed at a tiny little backwater shack named 'The Dorchester' but this clearly wasn't good enough for Beyonce, who insisted that she and her buttocks be accommodated at a different hotel some minutes' walk away, so as to create distance between the 'star' and the 'talent'.

Despite residing in the same postcode, Beyonce demanded that her schedule included two hours 'travelling time', both to and from The Dorchester. She also stipulated that a minimum of two hours per day would be required, on arrival, for her hair, make-up and anus-buffing to be tweaked.

The end result was that this hugely-paid performer and 'star' of the movie was only available for one hour of promotional interviews per day, whilst the lesser mortals (and real stars of the film) were glad-handing for five times that amount.

Beyonce's dad averts eyes

February 16, 2007 08:10am

BEYONCE Knowles' father refused to watch her pose in a skimpy bikini for Sports Illustrated magazine....

Don't worry dad, she's been airbrushed and photoshopped to within an inch of her life, so the woman in the magazine isn't even her anymore.

"The shoot took a lot of guts. I'm a really shy person. Everyday I play a character and I had to tap into that."

Oh Beyonce, just shut your pie hole with that whole "I'm so shy" crap! It might have been true at one time, but now it's just an entertainment legend, along the lines of a TomKat sexual encounter that resulted in a baby and "I'm so happy that Jennifer was nominated for an Oscar."

panachereport.com

Latina pop star Shakira has lavished praise on Beyonce for her excellent grasp of the Spanish language - and admires the star for her determined work ethic.

Shakira collaborated on new track “Beautiful Liar,” for Beyonce's re-release of “B'Day,” which includes an additional six Spanish songs, and Shakira insists the experience was "thrilling".

Speaking to MTV, she says, "(Beyonce) has a very good accent when she sings in Spanish and I think anything that she wants to do she will do just fine, because she is a very determined and focused woman and that is something to admire. She is a great artist. "I am very happy and very excited about (working with Beyonce).

I have just finished shooting a video with her. It was a fantastic experience to work with her, to get to know her as the great artist that she is.

"She is an amazing performer and also a sweet person and a very nice human being and I am so thrilled and thankful for her invitation. It was her idea to make me a part of her album and it has been wonderful."

Caterer exposes celebrity party to Hepatitis A Wed Feb 28, 8:31 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A Sports Illustrated bash for its annual swimsuit issue has turned into a health scare for stars in Hollywood after a caterer working for celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck may have exposed them to acute Hepatitis A.

The Los Angeles County health department recommended on Tuesday that anyone who ate uncooked food at the U.S. sports magazine's party on February 14 get treatment by Wednesday to avoid developing the serious liver disease.

Guests at the party included singer Beyonce Knowles, former Guns N'Roses bassist Duff McKagan, portly "Borat" co-star Ken Davitian, and a slew of models.

Health officials said the risk was "quite low" and that no Wolfgang Puck pre-packaged foods or restaurants were affected.

Hepatitis A is caused by a virus spread by ingesting something contaminated with the feces of an infected person. Symptoms can include fever, fatigue, loss of appetite, nausea, abdominal pain and jaundice.

Carl Shuster, president of Wolfgang Puck Catering, said the company was working closely with health officials to contact anyone who ate food prepared in its Hollywood kitchen between February 1 and 20.

Shuster said the worker was placed on medical leave and the company has "applied exceptional procedures" to disinfect the kitchens and food processing areas.

"Our catering efforts continue and we remain confident that our guests will receive the highest standards of excellence for which Wolfgang Puck is known," the statement said.

This year's swimsuit issue features Knowles as the cover model, with rapper Kanye West, country star Kenny Chesney and members of the bands Aerosmith and Gnarls Barkley posing with scantily clad models.

Beyonce Not at Risk for Party Illness

AP

Beyonce Knowles attended a Sports Illustrated party where guests may have been exposed to hepatitis A but she was not at risk of catching the illness because she didn't sample the food, her publicist said Wednesday.

"Thank goodness, neither one of us ate. According to the health department, she wasn't at risk," said publicist Alan Nierob.

The Feb. 14 bash in West Hollywood was to celebrate the magazine's latest swimsuit issue. Knowles, who was featured on the cover, and many other models in the magazine were there. The party was one of 13 catered events where people may have been exposed to hepatitis A by an infected cook working for Wolfgang Puck Catering, authorities said.

The cook has been placed on medical leave.

As many as 3,500 people may have been exposed to the contagious but rarely fatal illness between Feb. 3 and Feb. 20, but "if they didn't touch the food, they're not going to have a problem," Dr. Jonathan Fielding, director of public health for Los Angeles County, said Wednesday.

Health officials and party organizers were working to notify everyone on the 13 party guest lists, Fielding said.

No illnesses had been reported by Wednesday afternoon.

"I think the risk is low for everybody" of contracting the illness, Fielding said.

However, it can take up to seven weeks for symptoms to show, he said.

There is a 14-day window during which immune globulin can be administered to prevent illness and that window was still open for many people, Fielding said.

Hepatitis A is a viral infection of the liver that can cause jaundice, fatigue, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and fever. The virus most often is spread through fecal-oral contact, such as touching hand to mouth after using the bathroom or shaking the hands of infected people who did not wash properly.

It also can spread when an infected worker touches food, even cooked food, without taking proper precautions.

The county reported more than 400 cases of acute hepatitis A in each of the past two years.