princess

Beyonce and Jay-Z

"I'd go to radio stations and all the guys were like, 'What's wrong with you? Where's Beyoncé?' Even I would look in the mirror and I didn't feel like a woman."

– Beyoncé, on losing 20 lbs. for her role in Dreamgirls, to Seventeen

Beyonce: I Wish I Was as Big as Jennifer Hudson

Posted Dec 5th 2006 2:38PM by TMZ Staff

Beyonce Knowles set out to clear up rumors of jealousy over the attention her "Dreamgirls" co-star Jennifer Hudson has been receiving. Her plan may have backfired.

During a recent interview, a humble Beyoncé said she "knew that the character that I played wasn't the star ... I'm already a star. I already have nine Grammys. Everyone knows I can sing."

Beyoncé definitely belts out some beautiful melodies, but when she said, "I wish I could have gained 20 pounds and played Effie," we hear the flip side of her tune. Although most of Beyoncé's comments seemed a little backhanded, she did go on to give props to Hudson by saying, "She did incredible."

This interview, meant to defuse the rumored feud, could rekindle the diva dis.

I am liking her less and less. She is a catty bitch. She is right, she is a star, why say that shit about having to gain 20 pounds. She is SO arrogant.

Beyonce: Your mom is the worst fashion designer I have seen since my seventh grade sewing fashion show, approximately 90 years ago. Not everything you touch turns to gold, girlfriend.

RUN Jay-Z, RUN.

I am liking her less and less. She is a catty bitch. She is right, she is a star, why say that shit about having to gain 20 pounds. She is SO arrogant.

Beyonce: Your mom is the worst fashion designer I have seen since my seventh grade sewing fashion show, approximately 90 years ago. Not everything you touch turns to gold, girlfriend.

RUN Jay-Z, RUN.

Oh, I think Jay-Z is a good match for her - He's a big ol' diva too. ;)

I might give her the benefit of a doubt on the quote about gaining 20 pounds. It may have come off worse than she meant it because of how the quotations were arranged in the article. Possibly in the interview she had been talking about losing 20 pounds just prior to this statement. That'd be a natural train of thought. I.e., "Yes, I lost 20 pounds for the role, blah blah blah ... I wish I could have gained 20 and played the juicier role, but ..." There may be a feud or whatever, but I'm not sure this quote is about that.

TMZ.com:

Beyonce and Jay-Z to Tie the Knot Next Weekend?

Yes, we've told this story before – Beyonce and Jay-Z cause the gossips to titter by teasing that they're going to get married on some island or another, and then they don't. Well, this time, according to Page Six, it really really might happen. "Beyonce is throwing Jay a four-day birthday party, but it's really a wedding," says one source. Guests were told to have their passports ready by Friday for a party on a yacht in St. Barts. But then attendees will go to Anguilla for the wedding at tony resort Cap Juluca. No word from the rap mogul or the pop princess on their plans.

Sensing her place in the spotlight is about to be usurped by Jennifer Hudson, Beyonce is now desperately tossing out any little tidbits to keep the attention on herself. Personally, I'd love to see Jennifer Hudson get an Oscar nomination for her role.

Over the past few weeks, MediaTakeOut.com has received hundreds of emails from people asking us to confirm Beyonce's true age. In an attempt to find the truth, we spoke with dozens of insiders - all of whom believed that Beyonce was being truthful about her age.

But yesterday MediaTakeOut.com received a tip that proved to be explosive. The tipster, who claimed to work for the Texas Department of Health, faxed over what appears to be Beyonce's official birth records. The document (a portion of which is below) shows that a Beyonce Giselle Knowles was born to a Mathew Knowles and Celestine Ann Beyonce on September 4th, 1974. If this document is accurate, that would mean that Beyonce is actually 32 years old.

Beyonce's official biography claims that she was born on September 4th, 1981. It also claims that her mothers maiden name is "Beyince", and not "Beyonce" as the below document shows.

Posted Image

Hudson just going with Oscar flow

Jennifer Hudson's fans are outraged that studio execs are putting their money on her "Dreamgirls" co-star Beyonce Knowles to win an Academy Award for Best Actress - while relegating Hudson to the Best Supporting Actress category. But we hear Hudson herself is grateful for the second billing.

Just like the full-figured actress, her role as Effie White has more meat on it than Beyoncé's glittery-but-skinny part as Deena Jones.

"It's ridiculous to put Jennifer Hudson in the Supporting race," says Tom O'Neill, who tracks awards for TheEnvelope.com. "'Dreamgirls' is her movie. She owns it. She's the emotional heart and soul of that film."

It hasn't gone unnoticed that Jennifer Holliday, who played Effie on Broadway, won the 1982 Tony for Best Actress in a Musical - not the secondary Best Featured Actress.

Some claim Hudson agreed in her contract that she'd defer to the decision of Paramount/DreamWorks execs to campaign for Beyoncé to get the top acting prize. A Paramount rep insists, "It was not contractual," but declined to say how the studio decided who to push for what award.

Though Hudson will be vying with co-star Anika Noni Rose in the Supporting race, a source says she's not at all unhappy. "Jennifer doesn't see it as an issue," says a pal. "She can win as Supporting Actress. It's where she has the strongest chance."

O'Neill agrees. "It's a great Oscar strategy," he says. But Paramount/DreamWorks may not get what they want. "DreamWorks/Paramount lobbied to get her nominated for a Golden Globe in the Supporting category," O'Neill says. "But Oscar voters can put you wherever they want. They usually follow the studio's recommendations, but Keisha Castle-Hughes campaigned for Supporting for 'Whale Rider,' and voters nominated her for Best [Actress]. The same thing happened with Susan Sarandon in 'Atlantic City.' Both of them lost."

Meanwhile, Jamie Foxx is slotted for Best Actor with Eddie Murphy pegged as Best Supporting Actor. Beyoncé, for one, wishes that Oscar gossips would focus on them.

"They're not starting a rivalry between Eddie and Jamie," she told us at Tuesday's premiere. "They're starting it about the women. It just makes me so sad because we had the time of our lives."

Fantasia Barrino, who beat out Hudson to win "American Idol," is still smarting to have lost the Effie role to her.

"I was a little hurt," she tells Entertainment Weekly. "I remember calling Jennifer. She picked up the phone and I said, 'Heifer, you took my part!'"

A rumor came out a few days ago that Beyonce was actually born in 1974, which would make her seven years older than her reported age of 25. Not that it has anything to do with anything other than making her a liar, but you'd think that it would make her old enough to realize that wig glue really isn't supposed to be seen. George Washington looked better in a wig. (Reprinted from www.idontlikeyouinthatway.com)

Posted Image

WTF?

Also, the pic is clickable for a larger version.

Edited by CeCeLadybug

A Socialite's Life

Beyonce Says She's Not Marrying Hova

PR Inside reports that Ms. Knowles denies that she's marrying Jay-Z this weekend.

BEYONCE KNOWLES has shot down rumours she is to wed boyfriend JAY-Z this weekend (08-10DEC06), in a secret ceremony at Caribbean holiday retreat Anguilla. The CRAZY IN LOVE singer was planning a four-day birthday party for her man on a yacht harboured off the coast of St Bart's, but media reports suggest the bash is just a cover for a wedding ceremony at the beautiful resort. A spokesperson for the R&B stars denies the claims, insisting she had no knowledge of impending nuptials for the couple.

I smell a lie, but these wedding rumor stories are a dime a dozen. But we look like blogger dumbasses if we don't report it and it happens. And we don't like looking like dumbasses, people!

All I know is that I wasn't invited and I had even bought a new tankini for the occasion. *sniff*

panachereport.com

Beyonce has slammed reports she lies about her age, and is in fact seven-years-old older than she admits to being. Internet rumors started circulating this week after Media Takeout claimed to have a document from the Texas "Department Of Health" saying the star was 32, not 25 as she claims. The birth certificate said the star was born on 4 September in 1974, but a source tells entertainment website TMZ.com that the authenticity of the document could not be verified. The "Irreplaceable" singer, who claims she was born in 1981, celebrated her 25th birthday in September (06) which coincided with the release of her new album, "B'DAY." The singer's representative slams the claims that her client is lying about her age, insisting

she had "no idea" how the rumors started. Representatives from the "High School Of The Visual And Performing Arts," in Houston, which Knowles attended confirm she was a student at the institution from 1997 to 2000. In Related News: Beyonce reportedly splashed out on a $3 million-three-day birthday party for her rapper boyfriend Jay-Z earlier this week. Following the New York premiere of her new movie "Dreamgirls," Knowles whisked Jay-Z-who turned 37 on Monday to an airport where she had chartered two planes to fly 20 of their closest friends to the island of St Martin in the Caribbean. According to the "New York Daily News," the guests, who included Knowles' former colleague Kelly Rowland, spent the next two days aboard a 270 foot long yacht consuming lobster and champagne. They also reportedly had two helicopters at their disposal. An insider tells the publication, "The party must have cost $1 million a day."

Sandra Rose released the following statement regarding the Beyonce age controversy: I received an overwhelming response to my post about Beyoncé's current age controversy. I especially appreciated the emails from her old classmates who emphatically denied she was 30 and threatened to circulate a Petition against me if I didn't correct my posts. Nevertheless, I will admit when I am wrong and in this case, I was wrong. Thanks to one of my loyal readers (I have the best!) I received a copy of Beyoncé's real birth record. I can't publish the birth record for legal reasons. But I can tell you that, without a doubt, Beyoncé is 25-not 30 or 32. Also, she appeared on Star Search in 1992, not 1983.

My apologies for any inconvenience my erroneous posts may have caused.

Knowles Treats Jay-Z to $3 Million Birthday Bash

Beyonce Knowles reportedly splashed out on a $3 million three-day birthday party for her rapper boyfriend Jay-Z earlier this week. Following the New York premiere of her new movie Dreamgirls, Knowles whisked Jay-Z - who turned 37 on Monday - to an airport where she had chartered two planes to fly 20 of their closest friends to the island of St Martin in the Caribbean. According to the New York Daily News, the guests, who included Knowles' former Destiny's Child colleague Kelly Rowland, spent the next two days aboard a 270 foot long yacht consuming lobster and champagne. They also reportedly had two helicopters at their disposal. An insider tells the publication, "The party must have cost $1 million a day." On Thursday, Jay-Z - real name Shawn Carter - was in Miami, Florida and he is expected to be back in New York this weekend, and not getting married to Knowles on the Caribbean island of Anguilla as widely reported.

panachereport.com

Beyonce and Jay-Z spent $40,000 on a chair last week after falling in love with the piece during a private tour of a design exhibition. The celebrity couple were attending "Design Miami," an event part of Art Basel Miami Beach, which features an exhibition of contemporary modern art and furniture. "They were overheard talking about the various pieces of art and where they would fit it in their homes and what would look best and where. "The tour lasted for over an hour, and they held hands the entire time." After checking out the exhibit the couple decided to purchase a white crochet chair despite its price tag.

In Related News: Beyonce refuses to discuss her private life in public because she fears being humiliated. The singer recently denied reports that she was marrying Jay-Z. She has tried desperately to keep her personal life under wraps in an effort to avoid a repeat of an embarrassing childhood memory. She explains, "I decided when I was really young that I wouldn't talk about my private life.

I think "Star Search," did it for me. "I told everyone that I was on there and we lost. It was the most embarrassing thing in my life. "So from that point on, I didn't even tell anyone at school that I had a record deal. Just all of the sudden, one day I was out of school and on television. And I know they were like, 'Oh my gosh, she sat behind me in algebra.'

panachereport.com

Beyonce refuses to rush into marriage, even though tabloid reports regularly claim she is set to wed Jay-Z. Beyonce insists, she is taking her time before becoming Mrs. Shawn Carter.

She says, "You can't rush a man into anything-whether it's a relationship, marriage or having children.

When he's ready, he'll let you know. I was never one of those girls who dreamed of a big wedding.

Maybe me and my man will go away to an island; maybe we'll go to a church. I have no idea."

She adds, "My parents have been married for 27 years and they're still in love. That's a great example for me. I know it's possible."

Ever since Jennifer Hudson got rave reviews in Dreamgirls, it seems like all these silly bits about Beyonce being so down to earth, shy when not performing, etc. is really being shoved down our throats. I, for one, intend to barf it back up. -_-

Beyoncé's Dad Is a Nightmare for Dreamgirls

By Marc Malkin

Dec 14, 2006 5:55 PM

The supposed rift between Beyoncé Knowles and her Dreamgirls costar, Jennifer Hudson, may have been greatly exaggerated.

Rumors have been swirling that Beyoncé is miffed because Hudson is the movie's obvious breakout star for her role as powerhouse vocalist Effie White. But sources told me today that Beyoncé has always known Effie was a showier role than Beyoncé's own soft-spoken Deena Jones. "Beyoncé is a confident girl," a pal tells me. "She doesn't get jealous of people."

So, where did these rumors get started? It sounds like Beyoncé's father, Matthew Knowles, may be to blame.

I'm told things soured between the Knowles family and Ms. Hudson because Daddy Knowles tried unsuccessfully to woo the former American Idol contestant as a client to his Houston-based Music World Entertainment management company.

"He tried to sign her halfway through production of Dreamgirls because he wanted to be her manager," my source says, "but Jennifer turned him down. That's when things really went south."

Although Hudson already had management during this time, a source tells me Matthew has recently told some people he's actually been managing her "for a while now."

"He walks around saying he's her manager, and everyone is like, 'No, you're not,' " a source says.

In other words, it doesn't look like Beyoncé has a problem with Hudson getting so much of the Dreamgirls attention. It looks like it's Daddy's bruised ego that's causing the ruckus.

I'm told that Daddy was so insulted by her refusal to sign with him that he demanded the movie be re-edited to lessen Hudson's screen time and boost Beyoncé's. He argued that his daughter was being shortchanged but was rebuffed by the studio and the filmmakers. In one meeting with director Bill Condon, I'm told, Beyoncé's mom, Tina, went into a "tirade" about how he ruined the movie for her daughter. "It was supposed to be her Oscar role," Tina hissed, according to a source.

Matthew and Tina Knowles did not return calls by deadline.

As for Beyoncé and Hudson, a source close to Dreamgirls says they get along just fine. "It's the dad," the source said. "He's just like Curtis, Jamie Foxx's character in Dreamgirls."

All the drama aside, today was a good day to be a Dreamgirl. The movie nabbed five Golden Globes nominations. Two for Beyoncé, one apiece for Hudson and Eddie Murphy and another for Best Picture in the musical or comedy category.

Hudson propels 'Dreamgirls'

Dreamgirls

* * * (out of four)

Director: Bill Condon

Stars: Beyoncé Knowles, Jamie Foxx, Eddie Murphy, Jennifer Hudson, Anika Noni Rose, Danny Glover

Distributor: Paramount Pictures

Rating: PG-13 for some language, some sexuality and drug content

By Claudia Puig, USA TODAY

Jennifer Hudson is the heart and soul of Dreamgirls.

When she's on the screen, the movie shines. When she's not, the whole endeavor suffers.

The story, based on the hit Broadway musical, is fairly conventional. A trio of young singers (Hudson, Beyoncé Knowles and Anika Non-i Rose) find fame, fortune and heartache in pursuit of their musical dreams.

Curtis Taylor Jr. (Jamie Foxx), a business manager with a sharp eye for talent, discovers them at a local talent contest and transforms them into The Dreams, the backup band for James "Thunder" Early (Eddie Murphy). Soon, The Dreams' star power eclipses Early's.

It's all about the rousing musical numbers, notably Hudson's show-stopping, heart-wrenching And I Am Telling You (I'm Not Going). It's a rare thing for a movie audience to burst into spontaneous applause after an on-screen musical number, but it happened at my screening, and others.

Hudson's performance stands out from the rest, though Murphy is surprisingly moving as the fading singer who would like to tackle more relevant material but is held back by manager Taylor.

The weakest link is the stunning Knowles. The camera clearly loves her, and her singing is not in contention, but as an actress, she has a vapid quality. Despite the array of dazzling fashion ensembles, and the effort to channel Diana Ross, her performance remains one-note, particularly in contrast to Hudson's nuanced portrayal.

The film is worth seeing simply for the on-screen splendor of Hudson, a losing contestant on TV's American Idol. She's a natural — musically and theatrically — and delivers a tour-de-force performance.

Hudson's Effie is a complex character marked by vulnerability, pride and defeatism. She comes across alternately as unyieldingly tough and self-pitying.

But, as played by Hudson, she is always compelling.

Director Bill Condon does a fine job adapting the musical to the screen, and it's an enjoyable experience. It's just not as transcendent as you would hope. Dreamgirls falls short of a musical film like Chicago, for which Condon wrote the screenplay but did not direct, partly because the source material is not as inspired.

The sets, costumes and production design are all superb. Historical references and context are subtly added to offset some of the stagy quality that is inherent to filmed musicals.

Dreamgirls is all about the star-making machinery, loosely patterned on the career of The Supremes and Motown Records founder Berry Gordy Jr.

The movie Dreamgirls has revved up that machinery, fashioning a star out of a virtual unknown. Perhaps the movie's tag line should read "A Star is Born."

Page Six, 12.19.06:

"I DO want to win an Oscar! You know, join the club. Like, who doesn't want that?" - Beyoncé to London's Sunday Times.

panachereport.com

Beyonce was so depressed when her former Destiny’s Child bandmates LeToya Luckettt and LaTavia Roberson quit the group, she spent days in her bedroom refusing to eat.

The singer admits the 2000 walk-out came at a very "lonely" time in her life when a longstanding boyfriend also turned his back on her - and she found herself at her lowest.

She struggled to speak about her depression because Destiny's Child had just won their first Grammy Award and she feared no one would take her seriously.

She tells America's Parade magazine the break-up of her romance and her band left her questioning who she was and who her friends were - and she felt "attacked" as the media began to turn on her.

It was her mother Tina who helped her get through the blues. She told her, "Why do you think a person wouldn't love you? Don't you know how smart and sweet and beautiful you are?"

In Related News: Beyonce has been crowned Hollywood’s style queen in a new Best Dressed poll. The editors hail Beyonce as the “personification of style.”

Beyonce Named Best-Dressed

Beyonce has been declared Best Dressed for 2006.

Beyoncé Knowles has been crowned Hollywood's style queen in a new "Best Dressed" poll. Style editors at Life & Style have named the singer/actress as their favorite fashion femme of 2006, ahead of Mischa Barton and sexy Scarlett Johansson. The editors hail the star as "the personification of style."

I could make some comments, specifically on how a lot of Beyonce's outfits seem to shift her breast implants around onto her clavicle, but I won't because Life & Style lets me rank on celebrity fashion and even uses a picture of me! And I'm a whore. So I'm going to shut up.

Beyonce Best Dressed [starpulse]

Dreamfugs

Sometimes, Beyonce Knowles gets it right; other times, she's maddeningly wrong. But it's not often that she hits both notes in one day. At one location.

Exhibit A: The Good.

Posted Image

Aside from the fact that she and Miss Tyra Banks could have a seriously fierce weave-off -- the likes of which could, nay WOULD, change the meaning of life for us all -- Beyonce looks quite pretty. We love that she has a normal body and love it even more when she drapes it well. Here, she's a gentle hourglass.

And now for something completely different.

Posted Image

This is Exhibit B: The Bad, in which the sands of the aforementioned hourglass have officially all reached the lower chamber. Beyonce looks less like superstar than a shell-shocked diner employee who, as part of a surprise contest win, was plucked from the restaurant during her shift and deposited on the set of TRL as a guest co-host. That skirt, built-in apron and all, is a veritable tent; she could throw a Girl Scouts jamboree under there.

She also appears to be molting, which brings us to Exhibit C: The Ugly.

Posted Image

Now she's not just a diner employee -- she's a fired extra from the ill-fated The Muppets Take Manhattan Sam's House of Bacon, in which our merry band of Hensonites would have opened up a greasy spoon, had this nutter not accidentally sat on one of the main characters during a coffee break.

Why she wore this when she had something better on a nearby hanger, I really don't know. Sure, she wore the red dress on Letterman later, but come on -- there can't be that much overlap in those demographics. Sure, maybe that striped-shirt dude with the crazy eyes and gleaming maw would tune in to obsess over her Late Show appearance, but he's about to be arrested for plucking the bird, I think, so that's a moot point.

We would call it a wash, but the feathered derriere actually counts as a full second point against the aqua outfit, so the final score is: Tina Knowles' DNA 2, Rational Thought 1.

Dang. Better luck next time, Beyonce.

Go Fug Yourself

panachereport.com

Pop star Beyonce had to fight hard to convince “Dreamgirls,” filmmakers she was perfect for the part of glamorous Deena Jones, because they weren't sure she could act. Knowles stars in the blockbuster musical, which was inspired by the story of Diana Ross & The Supremes. Director Bill Condon explains, "I looked at everything she'd done on film.

I got the videos, and I still didn't have the answer about whether she could do it or not. "What no one wanted was Beyonce Ross-or, rather, Beyonce Jones. Did she have the (acting) chops?" Knowles diligently studied tapes from famous girl groups and singers she admired before her audition, explaining, "I looked at every Cher video, Barbra Streisand, and of course Diana Ross and The Supremes and Martha And The Vandellas, because I knew The Supremes looked up to them." Producer Larry Mark adds, "It was thrilling to watch, because she had done her homework. We never, ever auditioned or screen-tested anyone else.”

In Related News: Beyonce flew home to Houston on Christmas.

She says, "There's was a toy drive at our church, and we passed out toys to kids in the community. We had our tree at home with all the gifts and listened to music and played with my nephew, Daniel. "My mom made spicy Cajun turkey. It was heaven.”

Beyonce's Songwriting Oscar Will Have To Wait

Despite her involvement in writing a song for "Dreamgirls"---which she's been touting in interviews promoting the film--she doesn't actually qualify for Oscar recognition. If the song wins the Oscar, it will go to Henry Krieger, Anne Preven and Scott Cutler. BroadwayWorld.com reports:

The Envelope's Gold Derby reports that Beyonce Knowles was not qualified as a songwriter on the song "Listen" from the Dreamgirls film by the songwriting branch of the Oscars. What's known as Rule 16 of the Oscar's eligibility states that only 3 songwriters max can be credited for an Oscar-nominated song.

How did she not end up kicking out one of the aforementioned songwriters to get her ass some credit? Did we learn nothing from the movie?

Beyonce to Jay-Z: I Want That Ring -- Now!

Posted Jan 7th 2007 2:05AM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: Beyonce Knowles, Let's Get This Party Started

They're not hitched yet, but Beyonce and Jay-Z are ready to play house.

The couple checked out several cribs while vacationing in the Dominican Republic over the holidays. According to E! Online, they visited Oscar de la Renta's Casa de Campo, a private community that features secluded beaches, police and fire departments and 20 swimming pools.

Maybe the prospect of buying some posh new digs prompted Jay-Z to slap his name on the new Yukon Denali SUV by General Motors, reports the New York Post. The cruiser is pimped out in a hue he calls "Jay-Z blue."

This partnership apparently made Beyonce think he's going to pop the question soon, so she ran out and bought a white Guy Laroche gown.