princess

Teri Hatcher

That poor woman, I never thought I would say that about Teri Hatcher.Good Lord, Clooney has got some problems. This shit is WRONG. :o indeed.

The Vanity Fair cover photo is a little unsettling in the context, now that I read that article. White cotton undies? WTF? Does she know what she's doing?Ok, now that I go back and examine the photo it's not as bad as I thought. Those actually look like bikini swimsuit bottoms. But still, posing for a highly sexualized photo for the cover of a magazine where you talk about having been sexually abused as a child hits me wrong somehow. Maybe that's my hangup.

Edited by bittermuch?

ITA Bittermuch? - Vanity Fair's covers are like that more and more. The Terry Hatcher cover is really similar to the one that Jennifer Anniston was on. Graydon Carter thinks he sells more mags that way.I hate to admit it, but I can totally relate to Terry's feelings about thinking a relationship is one way, and getting dumped on by a guy who knew it was another way all along. Terry was fun to snark on, but I'm imposing a snark moratorium (just on myself) 'cause now I feel a tad guilty. Only a tad, though. Should wear off in a few days...

Edited by Serendipity

Speaking as a single person, there are lots of people out there that just want to be in a relationship - any relationship. As soon as you start dating, they want to move in. My guess is Teri is one of those kinds of people, and George (and myself!) are not. As soon as he figured out she was already re-arranging his closet to fit her stuff, he bailed. If that's the case, I would have done the same thing.As for the abuse story, I'm going to give Teri the benefit of the doubt and say that it was going to leak out eventually so she just beat them to the punch. Frankly, it's the uncle that should be ashamed, not her. Amazing how many times the victims are the ones that are ashamed to come forward, but that's an entirely different tangent.

Speaking as a single person, there are lots of people out there that just want to be in a relationship - any relationship.  As soon as you start dating, they want to move in.  My guess is Teri is one of those kinds of people, and George (and myself!) are not.  As soon as he figured out she was already re-arranging his closet to fit her stuff, he bailed.  If that's the case, I would have done the same thing.As for the abuse story, I'm going to give Teri the benefit of the doubt and say that it was going to leak out eventually so she just beat them to the punch.  Frankly, it's the uncle that should be ashamed, not her.  Amazing how many times the victims are the ones that are ashamed to come forward, but that's an entirely different tangent.

Princess, I totally agree with you. I have gotten the impression that Terri is, how I shall put it, "needy"-- and maybe her neediness is a result of what happened to her earlier in life, and I can see how if she did go out on a couple of dates with Clooney, perhaps she was expecting more from the relationship...(I know I would want more from Clooney-- :D ), but seriously, maybe she is at a vulnerable, tenuous point in her life right now, otherwise why else would she admit to the world that she was dumped by a Hollywood hunk?As an afterthought, maybe Clooney bailed out on Teri because of the needy aspect of her personality...I mean she admits in the article that she is a woman who carries around all these layers of fear and vulnerability . . . and further admits that she is a mess.

Ummmm. I like Teri Hatcher and all and I feel for what she went through as a child but to blame Clooney for her currently being a mess?! Not buying it. And if that does indeed answer the one BI, didn't she treat some 'unknown' guy like crap in using her sleeping with George to taunt the guy? And how "elaborate" of a courtship can you have in a few weeks? I smell publicity crappola up the ying yang on this one. I have tons of sympathy for what happened to her as a child but none for what happened with Clooney. Grow up already, Teri! Your co-star has the lime light at the moment. Let her enjoy it.

I'm not so sure that clooney is the man in question. Surely he has too many chicks after him to go for a wizened and clingy Teri.

Hi All,I'm new to this board, and just want to say how refreshing it is to find a board sans the negative backbite amongst posters.Re Teri and the Vanity Fair story: I don't question her motives for revealing the abuse she sustained as a child. No child should have to suffer through that and kudos to her for helping to put that guy behind bars however long ago and then speaking out on it now.However...I DO question her judgment letting loose with the victimized babe in the woods thing about the "magical relationship" blah blah. I mean, come on! If Mystery Man is George Clooney, did she miss checkout aisle at the grocery store plastered with mags on his playboy image? Ok, we all like to dream, but for a 40-something woman to lead herself on about where a relationship was going (um...since January, no less!) seems incredibly naive, to put it mildly. And then to whine about it in a magazine seems, to me at least, scarily bunny boiling-ish. Eeek. I'd head for the hills too if I were that guy. Gack.

Welcome Poofball...I do agree. Maybe she thought her vagina could tame Georgie?

Thanks princess and BobbyD! *shakes hands and curtsies*Sorry if this was already posted in this thread, but did anyone see the recent stories about her lackluster lovelife with her husband and how she plans to have wild, gorilla chest-beating sex in her '40s? Again, JMO, but her publicist needs to tap her on the shoulder about the stupid things she's been saying in interviews, books, whatever lately. TMI and definitely a tad on the side of desperado...

Kitten With A Whip College proudly recognizes Teri Hatcher as a Graduate with Honors from our our online course in George Clooney Vagina Taming. Wear your badge with pride!

Posted Image

Too funny, Serendipity! But sadly, much to Teri's angst, George's pee pee ran flailing away to the hills before it could be beaten into submission with daily gorilla chest beating sex. Hence, the VF cover story... sigh. :P

I'm not sure it's George... sorry!If it is: oy! I feel bad for her childhood sexual abuse, and applaud Teri for coming forward and talking about the experience in a public forum now - I hope it might make other past abuse victims speak out and help put their abusers behind bars - but it would be really pathetic to cry about a failed relationship with George Clooney in the pages of Vanity Fair. It's one thing to sob to a magazine about the end of a marriage or death of a parent or childhood abuse, it's another thing to weep about things not working out with one of the biggest sluts in Hollywood!Also, isn't it kind of mean to her daughter to announce to the world that mommy and daddy only had sex once in the year she was conceived, and not at all on their honeymoon? When you have a child with someone, aren't you supposed to avoid humiliating them in public, if only for the sake of your kid???

Isn't it kind of mean to her daughter to announce to the world that mommy and daddy only had sex once in the year she was conceived, and not at all on their honeymoon? When you have a child with someone, aren't you supposed to avoid humiliating them in public, if only for the sake of your kid???

I SO agree Freckles. That is information we all (most specifically her daughter) could have lived without knowing.But I DO think Mystery Man was GC. Mostly because she was linked to him in the tabs around that point and because she comes across as so narcissistic and shallow as to stampede toward the chance to be linked to a big star and blindly imagine that he is as into her as she is to him, despite his playboy image.Anyhoo...whoever MM is, I wonder if she has the self insight to look back at the VF interview in a couple of weeks, months, years (?) and be completely mortified by her self-pitying comments. I just don't buy the fact that someone can rope you in (in less than a month no less!) and you wind up shattered that you ain't moving into the house with the white picket fence. Puh-leeese.

I just read this on E!:Both George Clooney and Teri Hatcher denying a Page Six report that claimed the newly minted Oscar winner was the purported mystery man who dumped the actress, prompting Hatcher to go public with her painful past about being molested by her uncle.

That's some funny shit, Serendipity! Yeah, it was Clooney. But maybe Clooney will regain interest as soon as Teri starts aging and looking like a dude....Brrrr...I felt a breeze after that one... :D

TV Guide.com

.... Extra is saying that Teri Hatcher and Ryan Seacrest had a "first date" — with "a group of friends," just as any online dating service would advise — Saturday night at a Los Angeles restaurant. The supposedly smitten American Idol host hopes never to hear Hatcher say, "Seacrest... out!"

Posted Image

Kitten With A Whip College proudly recognizes Teri Hatcher as a Graduate with Honors from our our online course in George Clooney Vagina Taming.  Wear your badge with pride!

Where is Heybabes and his/her avatar when it is needed? Edited by tyler

TV Guide.comWHAT'S NEW IS NEW AGAIN: Teri Hatcher's confession to Vanity Fair about the sexual abuse she endured as a child has been billed as the "first time" she has broached the topic — unless, that is, you count an interview she gave TV Guide nearly a decade ago. In the magazine's June 21, 1996, issue, Hatcher explained her volunteer work with teenage girls by saying, "In my own way, I understand the pain of abuse. [There is] a specific connection to why I do that." After a pause, she added, "There. I don't think I have ever said that before. That will be new." Until 10 years later, that is.

I think Teri's made an unwise move here. Comparing Geroge almost to a child molester, or at least, heavily implying that he's on a par with will not win her many new friends, even if she has a point or genuinely feels scorned or used. She's an adult, he's an adult, and her situation with her uncle is as a child. George has no evident interest in children in the least, so to link these incidents just seems the reaction of a scorned woman who wants to get her own back. Unfortunately, George is much hotter property and my guess is he'll be around a lot longer in the game than Teri will. I have nothing against her, I just think this is an unwise outburst and does nothing for her really. I feel sorry that she's done it actually, but maybe it'll blow over.