cydonia

Oddly Enough

Walking with ice-cream in your pocket IS illegal in Kentucky..

Source--- Popbitch

Can anyone verify if this is a fact???

Palm Beach Florida, has the most thoughtful burglars.

A woman woke at 3:30am last Sunday to find an intruder kneeling at the foot of her bed, licking her big toe.

Palm Beach Florida, has the most thoughtful burglars.

A woman woke at 3:30am last Sunday to find an intruder kneeling at the foot of her bed, licking her big toe.

OMG I just has chills up my spine - I hope she kicked him in the teeth!!!

I just receieved this. I don't know if this is true or even possible...

If anyone of you guys can can tell me if there's any basis to this, I think it is worth knowing........

*FYI*

Should you ever be forced to withdraw money from an ATM, you can notify the Police without the robber knowing, by entering your PIN in reverse.

The machine will give you the money requested, but unknown to the robber, the Police will be immediately dispatched to help you.

This method is seldom used, because people don't know it exists...

Why would a method as life saving as this be a secret???

If anyone of you guys can can tell me if there's any basis to this, I think it is worth knowing........

*FYI*

Should you ever be forced to withdraw money from an ATM, you can notify the Police without the robber knowing, by entering your PIN in reverse.

The machine will give you the money requested, but unknown to the robber, the Police will be immediately dispatched to help you.

not true. read it as a myth on snopes.com

*FYI*

not true. read it as a myth on snopes.com

Thanks Jerrica..I was really wondering if that was possible..

In Singapore it is illegal to have oral sex if it

does not lead to full intercourse.

All the toilet facts you need

Sunday is World Toilet Day. Did you know:

1. The average person visits the toilet 2500

times a year, or about six-eight times a day. You

spend about 3 years of your life in the toilet.

2. A woman spends, on average, three times longer

on each toilet visit, yet there usually the

same number of toilets in each public convenience.

3. When Madonna performed last year on German TV

show Wetten Dass, she refused to use their

toilets. The show's producers had to use a crane

to bring Madonna's own personal 18 square metre

luxury toilet into the grounds.

4. The Queen has to have a new toilet seat

everywhere she visits. It is then destroyed

if she "goes".

From Yahoo news

Blood tests debunk Brazilian's cat-puppy claim

SAO PAULO, Brazil (Reuters) - Brazil's cat-puppy mystery has been solved.

Blood tests refute a Brazilian woman's claim that her cat had given birth to three puppies, geneticist Adil Pacheco said on Tuesday.

Cassia Aparecida de Souza, 18, from a poor neighbourhood of Passo Fundo in southern Brazil, said last Friday that her cat Mimi had given birth to the three puppies as well as three kittens, which did not survive.

"People who aren't experts often imagine things," said Pacheco, director of the Institute of Biological Sciences of the University of Passo Fundo. "All the facts contradict her."

Pacheco, who was asked by a local newspaper to conduct a chromosome test to check the spectacular claim which gained wide media attention, said mammals sometimes nursed the young from another species.

From Yahoo news

Blood tests debunk Brazilian's cat-puppy claim

SAO PAULO, Brazil (Reuters) - Brazil's cat-puppy mystery has been solved.

Blood tests refute a Brazilian woman's claim that her cat had given birth to three puppies, geneticist Adil Pacheco said on Tuesday.

Cassia Aparecida de Souza, 18, from a poor neighbourhood of Passo Fundo in southern Brazil, said last Friday that her cat Mimi had given birth to the three puppies as well as three kittens, which did not survive.

"People who aren't experts often imagine things," said Pacheco, director of the Institute of Biological Sciences of the University of Passo Fundo. "All the facts contradict her."

Pacheco, who was asked by a local newspaper to conduct a chromosome test to check the spectacular claim which gained wide media attention, said mammals sometimes nursed the young from another species.

That's an active imagination!!

From Popbitch

>> Bah humbug <<

Some facts about the City this Christmas

* Deutsche Bank is refusing to provide or pay

for Christmas parties for any staff in their

Global Markets business this Christmas.

(Revenues in the last quarter - $3.5bn)

* Cleaners at Goldman Sachs, London get

paid 5.35 GBP per hour.

* Goldmans has set aside $3.5bn to pay

bankers' bonuses this month.

* And in the US, the bonus pool for the top

five Wall Street firms is $36 billion.

(For 173,000 staff).

Boy Arrested For Opening Xmas Gift Early

Mother has kid, 12, nabbed after Nintendo Game Boy is unwrapped

The Smoking Gun

DECEMBER 5--A South Carolina boy, 12, was arrested Sunday morning after his mother called police to report that he had unwrapped a Christmas present without her permission. According to a Rock Hill Police Department report (a copy of which you'll find below), the child opened a Nintendo Game Boy, though he had been directed not to by family members. When the boy's mother learned that the $85 gift had been opened, she called cops, who charged the juvenile with petty larceny. In an interview with The Herald newspaper, the boy's mother, a 27-year-old single parent, described her son as a disruptive child, noting that she hoped his arrest would serve as a corrective to disorderly behavior at school and home.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Flatulence, not turbulence forces plane landing in Nashville

By Samuel Shu, The Tennessean

Last updated: 12/5/2006 3:07:10 PM

WBIR-TV Knoxville, WBIR.com

Flatulence brought 99 passengers on an American Airlines flight to an unscheduled visit to Nashville early Monday morning.

American Flight 1053, from Washington Reagan National Airport and bound for Dallas/Fort Worth, made an emergency landing here after passengers reported smelling struck matches, said Lynne Lowrance, a spokeswoman for the Nashville International Airport Authority.

The plane landed safely. The FBI, Transportation Safety Administration and airport authority responded to the emergency, Lowrance said.

The passengers and five crew members were brought off the plane, together with all the luggage, to go through security checks again. Bomb-sniffing dogs found spent matches.

The FBI questioned a passenger who admitted she struck the matches in an attempt to conceal body odor, Lowrance said. The woman lives near Dallas and has a medical condition.

The flight took off again, but the woman was not allowed back on the plane.

"American has banned her for a long time," Lowrance said.

She was not charged but could have been. While it is legal to bring as many as four books of paper safety matches onto an aircraft, it is illegal to strike a match in an airplane, Lowrance said.

Man Accused Of Faking Retardation -- For 20 Years

Contested Traffic Ticket May Be Crux Of Case

POSTED: 4:36 pm EST December 5, 2006

UPDATED: 4:47 pm EST December 5, 2006

Local6.com

TACOMA, Wash. -- For nearly 20 years -- ever since Pete Costello was 8 -- his mother has collected disability benefits on his behalf.

In meetings with Social Security officials and psychologists, he appeared mentally retarded and unable to communicate. His mother insisted he couldn't read or write, shower, take care of himself or drive a car.

But now prosecutors said it was all a huge fraud, and they have video of Costello contesting a traffic ticket to prove it.

"He's like any other person trying to get out of a traffic ticket," Assistant U.S. Attorney Norman Barbosa said Tuesday.

Pete and Rosie Marie Costello were indicted in September on charges of conspiracy to defraud the government and Social Security fraud, and the case was unsealed Tuesday. The Vancouver pair were scheduled to appear in federal court in Tacoma on Tuesday.

Barbosa said he planned to file with the court two videos of Pete Costello taken this year: In one, he allegedly feigns retardation during an interview with Social Security workers; the other is of him contesting the traffic ticket in a courtroom earlier this year.

The indictment accuses Costello of faking -- or at least exaggerating -- retardation since August 1997, because that is what prosecutors are confident they can prove, Barbosa said. But the pair first received benefits 10 years before that.

The benefits cited in the indictment totaled $111,000.

Barbosa said the government does not know whether Costello is retarded to some degree, but he clearly has been "exaggerating whatever he may have, if any."

"This person isn't being honest with the government about his condition," Barbosa said. "It makes it impossible to sort out."

It was not immediately known if the Costellos had obtained attorneys.

----------------------------------------------------

A proposed new law in Texas would permit blind

people to go hunting with guns.

-----------------------------------------------------

^^^ Jesus! That is insane! Remind me never to go walking in the woods in Texas if this ever approved!

How do laws get proposed? Can one person ask for it, or do many people have to back up this proposal and rationalize that blind people should go hunting with guns? Sorry, I don't remember how laws are made from school. Lawyers?

Here's a ballsy proposal from a California town: No smoking anywhere except detached, single family homes.

Belmont to be first U.S. city to ban all smoking

By Dana Yates, Daily Journal Staff 11/16/2006

Belmont is set to make history by becoming the first city in the nation to ban smoking on its streets and almost everywhere else.

The Belmont City Council voted unanimously last night to pursue a strict law that will prohibit smoking anywhere in the city except for single-family detached residences. Smoking on the street, in a park and even in one’s car will become illegal and police would have the option of handing out tickets if they catch someone.

The actual language of the law still needs to be drafted and will likely come back to the council either in December or early next year.

“We have a tremendous opportunity here. We need to pass as stringent a law as we can, I would like to make it illegal,” said Councilman Dave Warden. “What if every city did this, image how many lives would be saved? If we can do one little thing here at this level it will matter.”

Armed with growing evidence that second-hand smoke causes negative health effects, the council chose to pursue the strictest law possible and deal with any legal challenges later. Last month, the council said it wanted to pursue a law similar to ones passed in Dublin and the Southern California city of Calabasas. It took up the cause after a citizen at a senior living facility requested smoke be declared a public nuisance, allowing him to sue neighbors who smoke.

The council was concerned about people smoking in multi-unit residences.

“I would just like to say ‘no smoking’ and see what happens and if they do smoke, [someone] has the right to have the police come and give them a ticket,” said Councilwoman Coralin Feierbach.

The council’s decision garnered applause from about 15 people who showed up in support of the ordinance. One woman stood up and blew kisses to the council, another pumped his fist with satisfaction.

“I’m astounded. I admire their courage and unanimous support,” said Serena Chen, policy director of the American Lung Association of California.

Chen has worked in this area since 1991 and helped many cities and counties pass no smoking policies, but not one has been willing to draft a complete ban.

“I feel like the revolution is taking place and I am trying to catch up,” Chen told the council.

The decision puts Belmont on the forefront of smoking policy and it is already attracting attention from other states.

“You have the ability to do something a little more extraordinary than Dublin or Calabasas. I see what they’ve done as five or six on the Richter Scale. What the citizens of Belmont, and of America, need is five brave people to do something that’s a seven or eight on the Richter Scale,” said Philip Henry Jarosz of the Condominium Council of Maui.

“The whole state of Hawaii is watching” he said.

Councilman Warren Lieberman said he was concerned the city will pass a law it cannot enforce because residents will still smoke unless police are specifically called to a situation. Police cannot go out and enforce smoking rules, he said.

“It makes us hypocrites by saying you know you can break the law if no one is watching,” Lieberman said.

However, both Feierbach and Warden argued it is the same as jaywalking, having a barking dog or going 10 miles over the speed limit. All are illegal, but seldom enforced.

“You can’t walk down the street with a beer, but you can have a cigarette,” Warden said. “You shouldn’t be allowed to do that. I just think it shouldn’t be allowed anywhere except in someone’s house. If you want to do that, that’s fine.”

100-year-old man finally receives college degree

When Northen left Baylor in 1929, he was one credit shy of graduating

Associated Press

Updated: 7:38 a.m. CT Dec 18, 2006

WACO, Texas - When Marvin L. “Hub” Northen left Baylor University in 1929, he was one chemistry credit shy of graduating.

This fall, the 100-year-old was finally granted his degree.

Northen, who lives in a nursing home in Shreveport, La., did not attend Saturday’s commencement at Baylor. But he was listed among the December 2006 graduates.

He had a surprise graduation ceremony at his Shreveport church on Nov. 28 when he was presented with a Baylor diploma, a cap and gown and his official transcript.

“I didn’t expect any of it. Of course, I appreciated it. It wore me out all day long,” Northen said.

Northen left Baylor because the Great Depression had hit and he needed to work to help his family.

According to Glenn Hilburn, the retired chair of Baylor’s religion department, Northen has been participating in a class that can be substituted for the Chemistry 101 class he never took.

“He’s passed this substitute class with a grade of A-plus without even knowing it,” Hilburn said. “It’s Life 101. He’s mastered that course and mastered it well.”

100-year-old man finally receives college degree

When Northen left Baylor in 1929, he was one credit shy of graduating

Associated Press

Updated: 7:38 a.m. CT Dec 18, 2006

WACO, Texas - When Marvin L. “Hub” Northen left Baylor University in 1929, he was one chemistry credit shy of graduating.

This fall, the 100-year-old was finally granted his degree.

Northen, who lives in a nursing home in Shreveport, La., did not attend Saturday’s commencement at Baylor. But he was listed among the December 2006 graduates.

He had a surprise graduation ceremony at his Shreveport church on Nov. 28 when he was presented with a Baylor diploma, a cap and gown and his official transcript.

“I didn’t expect any of it. Of course, I appreciated it. It wore me out all day long,” Northen said.

Northen left Baylor because the Great Depression had hit and he needed to work to help his family.

According to Glenn Hilburn, the retired chair of Baylor’s religion department, Northen has been participating in a class that can be substituted for the Chemistry 101 class he never took.

“He’s passed this substitute class with a grade of A-plus without even knowing it,” Hilburn said. “It’s Life 101. He’s mastered that course and mastered it well.”

Better Late Than Never!

Hot broccoli: Thief swipes $50,000 worth

Trailer disappears in Chicago suburb, but produce no black-market darling

Updated: 8:12 p.m. CT Dec 28, 2006

VILLA PARK, Ill. - Someone got way more than the recommended daily serving of vegetables when a refrigerated trailer loaded with $50,000 worth of broccoli was stolen.

The 48-foot trailer disappeared from its rented parking space in the Chicago suburb of Villa Park sometime between Sunday and Tuesday morning, police said.

Detective Ed Zorich said the thief was probably after the trailer, not the vegetables.

“What is someone going to do with that amount of produce?” Zorich said. “On the black market, I can’t imagine that’s something that’s worth money to anybody.”

Police entered the trailer into a stolen-vehicle database, but had no immediate leads.

“We have homicides happening in town,” Zorich said. “We’re not really looking for a truck of broccoli right now.”

Condoms a big problem for men in India

Most men's penises are an inch too short for popular prophylactics

Reuters

Updated: 2:53 p.m. CT Dec 11, 2006

NEW DELHI - Condoms designed to meet international size specifications are too big for many Indian men as their penises fall short of what manufacturers had anticipated, an Indian study has found.

The Indian Council of Medical Research, a leading state-run center, said its initial findings from a two-year study showed 60 percent of men in the financial capital Mumbai had penises about 1 inch shorter than those condoms catered for.

For a further 30 percent, the difference was at least 2 inches. A poor fit meant the prophylactics often didn't do the job they were bought for, and led to some tearing or slipping off during use.

"One of the reasons for a failure of up to 20 percent (of condoms) is the association of the size of the condom to the erect penis," the council's Dr. Chander Puri told Reuters, adding another reason was couples often put them on in a hurry.

Puri said many men in India, which has the world's highest HIV positive caseload, were too shy to ask for condoms.

"We need more vending machines for condoms of different sizes so people can pick a condom with confidence that is suited to their needs," he said.

The Times of India reported the ICMR survey had studied 1,400 men between 18-50 years of age in cities like Mumbai and New Delhi as well as in rural areas in a report. It entitled its story "Indian men don't measure up."