Sign in to follow this  
princess

Nicolas Cage

Posted Image

A mustached Nicolas Cage and wife Alice Kim (who gave birth to son Kal-El in October) take a stroll Tuesday in Beverly Hills. The actor's fuzz is for his role as Port Authority police Sgt. John McLoughlin, part of the Oliver Stone 9/11 film.

Oh man! Remember how hot he was in Valley Girl? Oops. The age poll indicates there aren't many of us who would remember this movie....

He looks so much better now than a year ago or whenever he had that total manorexia thing going on--scrawny was NOT a good look on him!!

people.com

Nicolas Cage has bought a 40-acre-plus island in the Bahamas that had been on the market for $3 million.

According to the Wall Street Journal, the island could be developed, although it is now untouched. Cage had no comment.

The property, located near an island owned by Faith Hill and Tim McGraw, is about 85 miles southeast of Nassau and is part of the Exuma archipelago of some 365 islands in the southern Bahamas.

The Leaving Las Vegas Oscar winner, 42, also has a home on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. Last year he sold his Malibu house for close to $10 million.

Cage joins the ranks of other celebrity island-owners, including his good friend Johnny Depp, who owns a Caribbean isle, and the late Marlon Brando, who lived on a private island in Tahiti. (Brando starred in The Godfather and Apocalypse Now, both directed by Cage's uncle, Francis Ford Coppola.)

Cage and wife Alice, 22, welcomed their first child in October, a boy named Kal-el Coppola Cage. Kal-el is Superman's Kryptonian birth name.

What does a man who earns $20 million a movie spend his spare change on? It seems Nicolas Cage has the answer - the Leaving Las Vegas actor has paid out £1.6 million for his own pristine 40-acre Caribbean island. About 85 miles south east of Nassau, the palm-covered retreat is part of the Exuma archipelago of 365 islands in the southern Bahamas. The undeveloped isle is not the only property he has in the area: the 42-year-old star also has a home on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. When Nicolas gets round to building a home on the island for his wife Alice, 22, and their seven-month-old son Kal-el the family will have equally famous neighbours. Millionaire country singers Faith Hill and husband Tim McGraw own an island nearby. The Oscar winner joins the ranks of other celebs such as Johnny Depp, who splashed out millions for a Caribbean isle, and Richard Branson who built a fabulous holiday mansion in the British Virgin Islands. Just 90 minutes flying time from South Florida, the Bahamian archipelago is strewn over a 100-mile expanse of the most breathtakingly beautiful stretch of waters in the Caribbean. Its myriad unspoilt beaches and coves excite yachtsman and divers alike. If buying your own terrain is out of the question there is accommodation to be had in the picturesque hotels dotted about Exuma, the island which gives its name to the cays. Here tourists can take in the colonial charms of George Town, strolling around the market or chatting with the amiable locals over a Kalik beer.

TV Guide.com.... Nicolas Cage is set to star in Bangkok Dreams, an English redo of a Thai film about a hit man who falls for a local girl while on assignment in Bangkok. Awww!

www.contactmusic.com NICOLAS CAGE DONATES $2 MILLION TO AMNESTY Hollywood star NICOLAS CAGE has donated $2 million (GBP1.1 million) to set up a fund for former child soldiers. Human rights charity Amnesty International said the money will be used to offer rehabilitation shelters, medical services and psychological and reintegration services to some of the 300,000 youngsters forced to fight in conflicts across the world. Amnesty USA's executive director LARRY COX enthuses, "Nicolas has worked tirelessly to raise awareness about the horrors faced by child soldiers and other human rights tragedies. "We commend his efforts and appreciate his generosity." In a video statement, Cage says, "Think about the nine months it took for your child to be born; think about all the care you put into teaching him how to cross the street and look both ways or to read a book or to simply have good manners. "Then imagine a warlord dropping a gun into his hand and forcing him to kill someone."

http://www.tmz.com/2006/07/24/brokeback-pi...-play-liberace/

Brokeback Piano: Nicolas Cage Headlines Liberace

Posted Jul 24th 2006 5:55PM by Claude Brodesser-Akner

EXCLUSIVE: Nicolas Cage is not leaving Las Vegas; indeed, he's coming back to it, starring in a new biopic about the life of that gold lame luminary, Liberace. What's more, Cage is producing the project as well, via his Saturn Films production company, based on a script by Aaron Seltzer and Jason Friedberg.

Friedberg and Seltzer are best known for the campy pop culture-derived hits "Scary Movie" and more recently, "Date Movie," but their look at Liberace's life is understood to be far more serious. And while the duo might seem to be the last choice for a serious biography, the deal kind of makes sense to us: Who, after all, was better at distilling highbrow classics into pop culture than Liberace himself?

Born Wladziu Valentino Liberace, the pianist's rise to fame began in the 1950s, when his musical TV show (featuring his brother George leading the band) competed with and often bested "I Love Lucy" for ratings. He'd go on to sell millions of records -- over 2 million in 1953 alone.

But was as a live performer that Liberace truly made his mark: As a headliner in Vegas, he had no equal, making $55,000 a week playing at the Riviera nightclub. By 1972, he was earning $300,000 a week, and was only finally dethroned by Elvis. (He reclaimed his mantle as Vegas' highest paid performer after the King's death.)

Liberace's own death, from AIDS, remains perhaps the most tragic and defining aspect of his life as an artist. Despite his status as a gay icon, Liberace always flatly denied that he was homosexual (Most poignantly, his publicist attributed his weight loss in his final months as being caused by a "watermelon diet.") and it's Liberace's worst-kept-secret of a double-life that the project is expected to focus on.

In the early 80s, Liberace's live-in lover Scott Thorson sued him for $113 million in "palimony" after they parted ways, and it is that suit - ultimately dismissed - that insiders say will be used as the starting point to introduce audiences to the secret that vexed Liberace for his entire adult life.

No studio is as yet attached, though Cage is said to be meeting with directors in the weeks to come, and is said to want to go before cameras as early as October of this year.

Developing...

I think this might actually be interesting! I think he could pull it off!

Edited by soho2chelsea

PAYING TRIBUTE

Nicolas Cage and wife Alice salute the Big Apple's police and firefighters who helped director Oliver Stone on his 9-11 drama World Trade Center at a party Wednesday at Italian eatery Osteria Del Circo. Cage stars in the movie, out Aug. 9.

Posted Image

Caught the movie again with him and Meg Ryan last nite, City of Angels. Have to admit, he looked hot in that movie. :blink:

Nicolas Cage's New Home Is His CastleTHURSDAY AUGUST 10, 2006 11:05AM ESTBy Karen Nickel AnhaltNicolas Cage can now say that his home is his castle – literally: Last month he bought a castle in Bavaria called Schloss Neidstein. The inspiration? His mom. "Her ancestors are all from good old Bavaria," Cage, 42, tells the German magazine Bunte about his mother, dancer Joy Vogelsang. (His father, literature professor August Coppola, is a brother of director Francis Ford Coppola.) The World Trade Center star says he fell in love the first time he and wife Alice Kim Cage, 22, saw the castle. "I liked the architecture and the gigantic forest," he says, adding that he was looking for an "authentic, homey residence." (Their son, Kal-El, is 10 months.) Schloss Neidstein sits on a hill with a stunning view of its 395 acres of forest, meadows and fields. The castle itself has 28 rooms, including 10 bedrooms and five bathrooms – 9,688 square feet in total. The castle's previous owner, Alexander von Brand, 48, says the residence has been in his family since 1466 and he sold it reluctantly. "At the end, we only lived in the castle a few weeks each year," he tells Bunte. "Still, we tried to preserve our heritage and the center of our family." He's pleased that Cage is the new owner: "While the one family loses its past, the other family attempts to regain its past – that's pure symmetry!" Cage's real-estate agent, Sabine Gammel, tells the magazine the actor was gracious throughout the sales process. "He was extremely pleasant, courteous and obliging, even when he was surrounded by autograph hounds at a highway rest area." Although the price of the castle was not disclosed, Cage is no stranger to big-ticket real estate: In May, he bought a private island in the Bahamas.

Cage's Do-Over (and We're Not Talking Hair)

Posted Sep 1st 2006 12:00PM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: Movies

Was it the rebel / punk influence of Johnny Ramone that inspired Nicolas Cage to star in the remake of the 1973 cult classic 'The Wickerman'? He did say that Johnny "was a fan."

But it's when Mr. Cage starts making statements like "[Wickerman] was so unlike any other movie I'd seen, so I kept thinking how we could recreate it and make it relevant to today," that the list of not-so-memorable 2006 remakes come to mind: 'The Hills Have Eyes', 'When A Stranger Calls', 'The Omen' ... and the list goes on and on.

So, just how will audiences feel about Nic's newest flick? We'll know soon enough. "The Wicker Man" opens today.

TMZ

PAYING TRIBUTE

Nicolas Cage and wife Alice salute the Big Apple's police and firefighters who helped director Oliver Stone on his 9-11 drama World Trade Center at a party Wednesday at Italian eatery Osteria Del Circo. Cage stars in the movie, out Aug. 9.

Posted Image

He and his wife seem truly happy. And normal for him. Too bad they gave the kid such a horrid name.

PAYING TRIBUTE

Posted Image

He and his wife seem truly happy. And normal for him. Too bad they gave the kid such a horrid name.

Every time I see your name "Bette Davis" I think of that song Bette Davis Eyes. What a great one.

NIck Cage is one of my favorite actors because Raising Arizona is one of the greatest movies of all time. I think he must have a great sense of humor because of that movie and all the crazy things he did. I hope he's happy too. She is so cute.

Nicolas Cage's 'The Wicker Man' Bombs; Beaten By Mark Wahlberg's 'Invincible'

SATURDAY: Nicolas Cage's career continues in freefall as his new movie, The Wicker Man, bombed badly Friday opening only in 3rd place. The poorly reviewed film made just $2.8 million for what should be an anemic $9.5 mil long Labor Day weekend. (Hey, Nic, your career is on life support. It's high time to have that heart-to-heart huddle with your big deal CAA agent, Richard Lovett.) This is yet another bomb for Warner Bros., which has had a disastrous Summer 2006. But this is Hollywood, where failure is tolerated, so there's little chance that any of the brass will get bounced. That left Lionsgate's high concept movie Crank featuring no big stars to open No. 1 with $3.3 mil on Friday for what could be a $12 mil long weekend. Disney's football flick Invincible starring Mark Wahlberg added another $3 mil on Friday for #2. But the pic will probably end the long weekend as Numero Uno with what should be another $14+ mil. Fox Searchlight's critic fave Little Miss Sunshine did $1.8 mil on Friday for what should be another $7.5 mil weekend. Meanwhile, well-reviewed The Illusionist from Yari Film Group opened wider with 975 theaters Friday, earning $1.5 mil for what could be a $6 mil long weekend. Finally, Sony's NASCAR spoof Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby looks to have finally run out of gas after finishing No. 1 or No. 2 for the past month. It earned $1.4 mil Friday for what should be a $6.5 mil long weekend. More as it comes in...

CATCH OF THE DAY

Nicolas Cage and wife Alice Kim leave 1-year-old son Kal-el home as they make it dinner for two at Brentwood Japanese eatery Katsuya on Monday.

Posted Image

Cage Confirmed As Liberace Favorite

Nicolas Cage has been confirmed as the favorite to play camp showman Liberace in a new movie musical. The actor has been linked to the role for years, but now screenwriters Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer have confirmed Cage is in talks to show off his musical skills as the late pianist. Speaking at the Sundance Film Festival, where the writers are promoting their new comedy Epic Movie, Seltzer says, "We met with Nicolas Cage last year and he really wanted to star in it; he wanted to direct himself in it too."

Fug Rider

Posted Image

NIC CAGE: Kelly, lemme tell you something.

KELLY CLARKSON: Is it that you were so taken with how good I look in this color green that it took you twenty minutes to realize that, despite how fetching the shade is, it's attached to a set of overalls, and that's only okay if you are a farmer, in the late stages of pregnancy, or trapped in 1996?

NIC: No.

KELLY: Is it that you like me with my hair this length, and you're glad I'm not blonde anymore?

NIC: No, although that's true.

KELLY: Is it about From Justin to Kelly? Because if it is, then I'm afraid I'm going to have to bring up Captain Corelli's Mandolin.

NIC: That film was a sensitive exploration of...something! Love, or Italy or something! Sensitive! You wore a SKIRT OF TIES in From Justin to Kelly.

KELLY: And I rocked it.

NIC: That's not what I was going to say, ANYWAY, before you get all DEFENSIVE about your TIES.

KELLY: What is it, old man? I'm not going to marry you, either, just so you know.

NIC: You're sassy. I like that.

KELLY: Please don't do this.

NIC: Sorry, I got distracted. I wanted to ask you what you thought of my new look. It's sort of Ghost Rider meets John Wayne plus a little tiny bit of Elvis, because I am obsessed with Elvis and take a piece of him with me everywhere, with just a SPLASH of Stetson cologne. What do you think?

KELLY: I think you look weird.

NIC: Weird? Weird how?

KELLY: I dunno. You're Nicolas Cage. You don't wear cowboy hats. You look like you're going to the funeral of a rodeo clown or something.

NIC: You ARE sassy. Why don't you scoot a little bit closer?

KELLY: Leave me alone.

Go Fug Yourself

Nicolas Cage Lives A Quirky Life Filled With Colorful Characters, Much Like The Comic Books He Reads

Filed under: Nicolas Cage

Posted Image

I used to be all about Nicholas Cage. Mostly because "Raising Arizona" is one of my favorite movies of all time. Then he kinda mutated into a Hollywood eccentric weirdo, and went the route of De Niro. You know, where he was doing any movie offered to him? "Ghost Rider"? And he named his kid "Kal-El" which is Superman's Kryptonian birthname. Does this mean I can name my kid "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert"? Here he is arriving at a charity event hosted by an ex-girlfriend. The My Chemical Romance tribute band frontman is his son, Weston. Wrong band to emulate, Wes.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted by: J. Harvey

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/11/nicola...ks_he_reads.php