soho2chelsea

Celebrity Smart-Ass Quotes

Yeah, but Neil is an extraordinarily gifted comedy actor. T.R. is puppy dog cute, and so-so as a dramatic actor. I think those things have far more bearing on where their careers are now than their sexual orientation.

I agree.

I personally have no problem sexually fantasizing about an actor who happens to be gay vs one I believe to be straight. Cause my chances with either are slim to none. Desn't affect my fantasy life. If a role is well written and the actor is good - to me that's a far better indicator than sexual orientation of whether or not I "buy" a person as that character.

I loved NPH in the short-lived show with Tony Shaloub where he was an editor and Shaloub was a writer - total opposite from his Monk role. I love NPH in everything he's ever been in, quite frankly ;-)

Bulldog on Frasier- always hitting on Roz. Great character role. I do think there's far more flexibility in who is hired for a "character" role than a romantic lead. Which is annoying.

While there is no doubt NPH is talented and gifted(I was not doubting that). But reality check, how many leading man roles(outside of Kumar) have u seen him cast in since he came out while he was on the show? He has done a great enough job on the Emmy hosting gig....probably should've gotten the Oscar hosting gig over James Franco. :blink:

My company is in no hurry to cast him in anything leading man-wise (sadly) for our films. So it's still going to be a while, unless he pops up in something independent.

I need to correct that it was "T.R. Knight" was the actor's name..and I thought he was a good actor...he was nominated for an Emmy on Grey's Anatomy before he left. This business doesn't necessarily recognize or cast the most talented or gifted actors for roles... the cast of Twilight, anyone? :4biggrin:

That is a good point about NPH coming out to the general public AFTER he got the role, but wasn't hollywood in on it? The casting directors, other actors, etc. knew already - right??

And I find TR almost annoying.... I think he got fired/left more because he was buddy-buddy with Katherine Heigl and they were just a couple of punks on the set to everyone else (although Isaiah Washington did pick the WORST thing to bitch back about, lol)

No doubt, P. Peeps in the business probably did know about Doogie being gay (like Rock Hudson, Liberace, etc). But he wasn't publicly "out" then...I'm sure he didn't tell the show's producers and casting directors that he planned to come out during the show's run, either. Hollywood knowing, and Joe Bob in Asshat, Mississippi, knowing...are a big difference.

However, it was definitely easier to cast him back then when it was a secret to the movie going public outside of Hollywood. I mean, we can see how many leading man roles he as gotten since is coming out, despite being talented...uhh...mmm...none. So at least we all can agree that NPH should be in high demand for leading man roles now, but he clearly isn't.

I do want to know why he isn't hosting the Oscar's. I should ask a friend and see if he officially turned it down...or maybe ABC might've had some problems with an openly gay host.

So at least we all can agree that NPH should be in high demand for leading man roles now, but he clearly isn't.

I do want to know why he isn't hosting the Oscar's. I should ask a friend and see if he officially turned it down...or maybe ABC might've had some problems with an openly gay host.

But NPH wasn't movie leading man even before he came out, so in this case I don't think he's getting turned down/not offered leading roles because he's gay. I think it's because he's a TV actor and has never been big in movies. I think he opened up a lot of people's eyes in middle America (I hope!) about how a gay man can play straight on TV. The average person who likes that show that didn't know must have been shocked, but their ratings didn't go down because of it.

The true test will be when a leading man comes out after he is already bagging the lead roles, and everyone is to damn scared to be the first (c'mon Toothy!!). The quote I didn't like is that an out person will never get leading romantic roles playing straight. I think it will happen, but it will take another few decades (unfortunately). We've come a long way. Anyone remember blacks only got the right to vote and interracial marriage no longer illegal in the 60's. 50 years later my generation is like WTF, why was it ever illegal?!?! Don't even get me started on woman's rights :D

Please report back Mr. B :D

I would like someone to explain to me why "Hollywood" who is usually telling us in the midwest to not be homophobic (spelling), everyone is equal, practice tolerance, etc etc. But after reading all of this I am being to realize that it is all of Hollywood that is still in the dark ages. Double standard? :BangHead: Is anyone else looking at it the same way or am I in my own little world? Which is usually a good thing. :4biggrin:

I would like someone to explain to me why "Hollywood" who is usually telling us in the midwest to not be homophobic (spelling), everyone is equal, practice tolerance, etc etc. But after reading all of this I am being to realize that it is all of Hollywood that is still in the dark ages. Double standard? :BangHead: Is anyone else looking at it the same way or am I in my own little world? Which is usually a good thing. :4biggrin:

Yeah, personally, I love it that gays can marry in Iowa - yet California voted against it! I'm sorry, who is narrow-minded here?? Granted, I live in the bible belt, ick, so - yeah, a lot of my neighbors probably do fit in the narrow-minded group.....But there are growing pockets of acceptance. I think the nontolerance just gets a lot more press.....

Hollywood is telling the midwest not to be homophobic, so that all of Hollywood's "straight" leading men can come out. :4biggrin:

Well said, Desert! The midwest gets a bad rep. A "stereotype", if I might say so.

As for NPH as a leading man, I think his LOOKS keep him from that. As least, from the chick flicks. I do think that he could pull off a rom-com, though. He's funny as hell, but not handsome. BTW, if you haven't seen him in Undercover Brother, it's worth the rental fee. Hilarious!

People in their 20's love NPH since the White Castle/Harold & Kumar movies for his comedic abilities and have no problems with him being gay but trying to change from the comedic actor to the romantic lead is difficult whether you're straight or gay. How many comedians have managed it besides Tom Hanks?

That said, I rather see NPH in a romcom then that adolescent twerp who swims naked with the woman who pronounces her name 'deeMAY'.

Jason Patric on Julia and Kiefer, 'arrogant' Ashley Judd

Jason Patric has always been a fiercely private actor — that is, until now.

In a new interview, the star reveals all about his '90s love triangle with Julia Roberts and Kiefer Sutherland, his dislike of former co-star Ashley Judd, and his iconic grandfather Jackie Gleason.

Patric is currently starring in Broadway's "That Championship Season" with Sutherland, his co-star in 1987's "The Lost Boys." The two became pals while making the classic film, but just four years later, Patric flew off to Ireland with runaway bride Roberts after she called off her wedding to Sutherland.

"They had a relationship that ended and I was with her for a little while and it ended," Patric tells Vulture. "They've both been subsequently married several times and I think they're fine."

Patric adds that he and Sutherland never had any issues at the time and still get along great. "We had drinks last night and he said that was one of the best summers of his life when we did 'Lost Boys.' Twenty-five years ago," he says. "A quarter-century later there’s Kiefer and now he’s playing my brother. Something interesting about it as far as the cosmos go."

One co-star Patric isn't so fond of is Judd, who appeared on stage with him in the 2003 Broadway revival of "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof."

"I loved saying the words and working with most of the people every night. I didn’t like my leading lady," he says. "Ashley is just a lazy and arrogant actress. Let’s just leave it at that."

And while most people know Patric's grandfather as Ralph Kramden in the iconic TV series "The Honeymooners," Patric says he hardly knew Gleason at all.

"I didn’t grow up with him," he explains. "I only saw him a handful of times in my life. He’s had as much effect on me as he’s had on you. He has nothing to do with me or my bloodline; I’m not a thoroughbred or purebred dog or something... He was just more of a hermit."

"Ashley is just a lazy and arrogant actress. Let’s just leave it at that."

I was shocked when I read this interview. He says she's lazy & arrogant, and says "leave it at that"? Christ, is she a murderer too? How much worse could it be that he ISN'T publicizing?

Not that I'm surprised - Lainey has been bitching about her for years.

Ned Beatty played Big Daddy in that production and called her out publicly at the NY Times during the run, too. Nice of you to get around to commenting, Jason.

Posted Image

Dan Aykroyd -- 21,000 BOTTLES of Vodka ... STOLEN

5/12/2011 12:40 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Dan Aykroyd is the victim in a MASSIVE vodka heist -- we're told over 21,000 bottles of his Crystal Head Vodka were stolen from a California warehouse recently ... and get this, Dan ain't even mad.

Dan released a statement to TMZ -- claiming, he is both "distressed and elated" after hearing that several hundred thousand dollars worth of his vodka was hijacked within the last few days.

The statement continues, "My partners and I are sorry to lose this much vodka to theft and do not condone criminal activity in any fashion, but we are happy that some consumers will be afforded the opportunity of tasting it at significantly lower than retail price." :D

Dan adds, "CHV can be purchased legally at bars, restaurants, and retail stores throughout North America." Fun fact -- the vodka recently won a Double gold Award at the 2011 San Francisco World Spirits Competition ... unanimously beating out 200 other brands.

As for police involvement -- Dan's rep tells us, both the LAPD and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms are currently investigating the vodka-napping.

Posted Image

Dan Aykroyd -- 21,000 BOTTLES of Vodka ... STOLEN

5/12/2011 12:40 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Dan Aykroyd is the victim in a MASSIVE vodka heist -- we're told over 21,000 bottles of his Crystal Head Vodka were stolen from a California warehouse recently ... and get this, Dan ain't even mad.

Dan released a statement to TMZ -- claiming, he is both "distressed and elated" after hearing that several hundred thousand dollars worth of his vodka was hijacked within the last few days.

The statement continues, "My partners and I are sorry to lose this much vodka to theft and do not condone criminal activity in any fashion, but we are happy that some consumers will be afforded the opportunity of tasting it at significantly lower than retail price." :D

Dan adds, "CHV can be purchased legally at bars, restaurants, and retail stores throughout North America." Fun fact -- the vodka recently won a Double gold Award at the 2011 San Francisco World Spirits Competition ... unanimously beating out 200 other brands.

As for police involvement -- Dan's rep tells us, both the LAPD and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms are currently investigating the vodka-napping.

I had no idea this brand existed. Talk about advertising...

Shia LaBeouf Tweets That He's Leaving Public Life

01/10/2014 at 01:40 PM EST

people.com story

"In light of the recent attacks on my artistic integrity, I am retiring from all public life," - Shia LaBeouf

Shia LaBeouf Tweets That He's Leaving Public Life

01/10/2014 at 01:40 PM EST

people.com story

"In light of the recent attacks on my artistic integrity, I am retiring from all public life," - Shia LaBeouf

Well fuck. That's it for me too!