Sign in to follow this  
MissuTam

Usher

NY DAILY NEWS

A youth movement for Usher's mom

There's a reason to crack open a bottle of Champagne in the Usher household. But maybe not the one you think.

Jonetta Patton, the crooner's mother and manager, is engaged - to a hot younger guy.

"His name is Eric," says a close source. "He is a former boxer from Houston, and he's 36."

Dang, J.Pat!

Patton celebrated her 50th birthday in Atlanta last week with a party attended by Usher (who's 28) and his fiancee, Tameka Foster. Foster told friends at the event that she is not pregnant. However, this conflicts with two sources close to Usher's camp who independently told me that she is with child.

Some have even speculated that the pregnancy might be a holdover from her complicated relationship with former husband Ryan Glover. Guess we'll find out in a few months.

Is Usher About to Dump His Mother As His Manager?

Filed under: Usher

Posted Image

Usher's mommy and fiance are NOT getting along. The singer's fiance, Tamkea Foster, and Usher's mother Jonetta Patton apparently cannot stand one another.

"They definitely don't get along. Tameka came to Jonetta's birthday on April 6. They hugged and posed for photos, but it was all for the cameras," New York Daily News quoted a source, as saying.

As for why there are such cold vibes between the two leading ladies in Usher's life, well it seems that that's because Patton once wanted Usher to remove Foster as his stylist.

"Tameka went on the radio and took some shots at Jonetta," the source said.

According to a friend, Usher is very influenced by 38-year-old Foster and there are chances that she may turn out to be the singer's new manager.

"Tameka has a hold over him. Nobody can figure it out. Some people think he may make Tameka his manager," the friend said.

Mmmm. I wish Usher luck, because under his mother's management he's had a pretty successful career. Leave it to the fiance to eff it up.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

More photos of Usher and Tameka Foster (and her rock), along with some fan encounters, after the jump.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted by: Jessica Marx

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/06/is_ush...his_manager.php

Usher gets rid of manager -- his mother

NEW YORK (AP) -- Usher's mother has been his manager since he was a teen, but now the superstar says he wants her to be just "mom."

The Grammy winner confirmed Monday that Jonnetta Patton is no longer in charge of his career, but denied the break was due to any rift.

"She and I are on great terms and support each other in our life's endeavors. We are both very happy but are now working in different areas of the business," he said in a statement to The Associated Press. "This is great for me because it means I now get to have my mother strictly as my mother with no added pressure." (Watch Usher pay tribute to another influence: James Brown )

Usher said he believed that by ending his professional relationship with his mother, it would bring them closer.

"At this time in my life, I am simply more interested in building the strength of my family. And in order to do that, I feel it's best to separate my business life from my personal life," he said.

This is the second major change this year for Usher, 28. In March, he announced his engagement to his longtime girlfriend, stylist Tameka Foster.

Rumors have swirled that Foster would replace Patton as Usher's manager, but the singer said: "She has no aspirations of becoming my manager or any other artist's manager."

Usher is slated to release the follow-up to 2004's "Confessions," which sold 9 million copies in the United States, later this year.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Usher's Mama Officially Booted as Manager

Posted Image

Usher has confirmed reports that his mother will no longer be acting as his manager, a role which she has maintained since his career first took off when he was a teenager. However, he claims that it's because he believes it will benefit their personal relationship to cut business ties.

"She and I are on great terms and support each other in our life's endeavors. We are both very happy but are now working in different areas of the business," he said in a statement to The Associated Press. "This is great for me because it means I now get to have my mother strictly as my mother with no added pressure."

Somewhere, Papa Knowles is looking at Beyonce across the table and saying, "If I weren't your manager, our relationship wouldn't be worth shit. Ha! Ha! Daddy's just kidding. (Turning grim) No he's not." And then it's at that point that everyone erupts into awkward laughter. Then, Kelly meekly asks for someone to pass the peas.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted by: Lisa Timmons

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/08/ushers..._as_manager.php

Rush & Molloy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Radio hosts push Usher's buttons

Watch what you say about Usher's lady!

The formerly press-shy R&B star is so mad for his fiancée, Tameka Foster, that he has been calling radio hosts to blast them for making fun of her.

According to syndicated host Tom Joyner, the mild-mannered Grammy winner recently threatened to "whup my a-" after Joyner joked about rumored tension between Foster and Usher's mom, Jonetta Patton.

Joyner said Usher called him off-air to complain about claims that Foster urged him to "fire" Jonetta as his manager. (Word is Usher was particularly unamused when Daily News contributor Jawn Murray quipped to Joyner during the broadcast: "I wonder if he's going to put a pink slip in her Mother's Day card?")

Joyner and sidekick J. Anthony Brown made much of Usher's fury last week aboard the Fantastic Voyage Cruise, where LL Cool J, the O'Jays and others performed during a Caribbean benefit for historically black colleges.

"Who's afraid of Usher?" asked Joyner, prompting laughter from ship guests. Joyner and Brown even invited anyone in the audience who knew Usher "to tell him we're not afraid of him." Usher is also said to have called WBLS host WendyWilliams and Hot-97's Angie Martinez to "ask them to lay off Tameka," a source tells us.

The personal call to Williams comes as a surprise to those who remember Usher hurling curses over his shoulder as he dashed away from the deejay on the red carpet of the Soul Train Awards a few years ago. (This was after Williams had invited Foster onto her show - only to kick her out of the studio when Foster failed to deliver the expected dish on why she was fired as Usher's stylist.)

"It's so out of character for Usher to take such a handson approach to the media," said Murray. "He must really love this girl."

Usher rep Chris Chambers said, "I don't know of my client calling or threatening anyone. Radio personalities are going to talk about current news. We can't put a muzzle on anybody."

Usher may have good reason to be protective of his mate. The rumor's flying again that she's pregnant. Though his reps have denied that the couple is expecting, spies at the recent Bahamian opening of the Cove at Atlantis noticed that Foster seemed to cover her tummy every time a photographer loomed.

Usher Speaks Out on the Rumors About His Relationship

People

In an open letter to fans, Usher is speaking out about the rumors surrounding his relationship with and upcoming wedding to Tameka Foster, with whom he's expecting a child in the fall.

One issue: The report by the New York Post's Page Six that the couple are planning to marry at the end of July in the Hamptons. Usher, 28, won't divulge a wedding date, saying, "Since my wedding day will be special to Tameka and I, this is information that we would like to keep private."

Another topic is radio host Tom Joyner's claim that Usher threatened him. According to the New York Daily News, Joyner said Usher threatened to "whup my a--" after he joked about rumored tension between Foster and Usher's mother. Says Usher, "I have never threatened or harassed anyone from any media format."

Finally, he wants to make it clear that Foster, 36, is not running his life, as some bloggers have speculated after Usher fired his manager mother, Jonetta Patton, and publicist. But Usher insists: "I am happy, excited, completely clear and independent on my direction, feelings, decisions and I am not being led."

The full text of Usher's letter follows:

"It has already been announced that I plan to marry this year. However, since my wedding day will be special to Tameka and I, this is information that we would like to keep private. It's disturbing that the media and bloggers (under the guise as 'fans') continuously speculate on the personal aspects of my life, therefore making assumptions and wrong insinuations that my fans are subject to believe.

"I am happy, excited, completely clear and independent on my direction, feelings, decisions and I am NOT BEING LED. Some media and bloggers have been totally intrusive, they have misconstrued aspects of my personal life and, because of this, my 'true' fans are not sure about what is fact and what is fiction. There is a difference in stating an opinion versus drawing a conclusion that is incorrect.

"As previously reported, I have NEVER threatened or harassed anyone from any media format – print, radio, television or Internet media. At this point the best thing to say to my fans is just because it sounds enticing and it MAY sound 'true,' that does not make it truth. I understand the fact that I must sacrifice some anonymity for the career I love, however some things are personal like having a child or a marriage. These aspects are not for the public and, to me, are sacred. I would hope my privacy in these areas would be respected."

– Usher

Fanning Usher's ire

Wednesday, July 18th 2007

You know things are rough when you're fighting with your own No. 1 fan site.

Sources say Usher is trying to shut down usherforever.com because the woman behind the site, Erika Jackson, doesn't care for his fiancee, Tameka Foster.

"He's had his lawyer send her papers," said an insider.

Foster has proved unpopular with many fans, amid rumors she was responsible for the firing of Usher's manager (and mom), Jonetta Patton.

In May, Usher parted ways with longtime publicist Simone Smalls, and recently his other longtime rep, Chris Chambers, left the team. Chambers is said to have disapproved of the "open letter" Usher released to fans last week.

The singer wrote: "It's disturbing that the media and bloggers (under the guise as 'fans') continuously speculate on the personal aspects of my life."

Usherforever.com repeated a scathing response to that letter, originally from Rolling Stone, which called the move "petty."

If that wasn't bad enough, another source tells me that Usher is likely to miss an August deadline to deliver his next album, meaning it won't be available in gift-friendly November.

However, a spokeswoman for Jive Records said a release date had never been set. Usher's new personal rep responded to a detailed e-mail, saying, "your information is not accurate," but did not elaborate.

It's on people.com as well

Usher & Tameka Foster's Wedding Canceled

SATURDAY JULY 28, 2007 12:30 PM EDT

SATURDAY JULY 28, 2007 01:15 PM EDT UPDATED

Usher and Foster Photo by: GettyUsher & Tameka Foster's Wedding Canceled | Usher Raymond

The wedding of Usher and Tameka Foster, originally planned for Saturday afternoon at record executive LA Reid's home in New York's Hamptons, has been canceled, a representative for Usher confirms to PEOPLE .

A source also says that the 70 to 100 guests who were expected at the wedding are being advised that the event will not take place as originally planned. Flower decorations have also been seen being removed from the Reid home.

In a statement to the Associated Press, publicist Patti Webster said, "It was announced today that the wedding ceremony for Usher Raymond IV and Tameka Foster was canceled. No additional information will be given regarding the circumstances of the cancellation, but we hope the privacy of this matter will be respected."

This was to have been the first marriage for the R&B singer and actor, 28 (real name: Usher Raymond), and the second for Foster, 37, a stylist who has worked with Lauryn Hill and Toni Braxton – as well as with Usher.

The couple, who became engaged earlier this year, first became a serious item a year and a half ago, Foster has said.

In January, the couple announced they were expecting their first child together, due the fall. Foster has three other children from a previous marriage, to Noontime Music cofounder Ryan Glover.

Webster would not comment on whether Usher and Foster are still engaged or even remain a couple.

Let's Hope You Kept The Receipt

Posted Image

Usher was scheduled to marry Tameka Foster in the Hamptons this afternoon, but the shindig has been cancelled according to his spokeswhore. Time to return that crystal bowl you bought!

This statement was issued:

"It was announced today that the wedding ceremony for Usher Raymond IV and Tameka Foster was canceled. No additional information will be given regarding the circumstances of the cancellation, but we hope the privacy of this matter will be respected."

The couple are expecting a child together and were engaged earlier this year. Usher's rep would not say whether they are still engaged or even still together.

Tameka probably found Usher getting nailed in her wedding dress by one of the groomsmen. He was probably heard screaming "YEAH YEAH YEAH" from miles away.

This shit was doomed from the beginning.

http://www.dlisted.com/

Let's Hope You Kept The Receipt

Posted Image

Usher was scheduled to marry Tameka Foster in the Hamptons this afternoon, but the shindig has been cancelled according to his spokeswhore. Time to return that crystal bowl you bought!

This statement was issued:

"It was announced today that the wedding ceremony for Usher Raymond IV and Tameka Foster was canceled. No additional information will be given regarding the circumstances of the cancellation, but we hope the privacy of this matter will be respected."

The couple are expecting a child together and were engaged earlier this year. Usher's rep would not say whether they are still engaged or even still together.

Tameka probably found Usher getting nailed in her wedding dress by one of the groomsmen. He was probably heard screaming "YEAH YEAH YEAH" from miles away.

This shit was doomed from the beginning.

Did somebody chip a nail or something? This is very mysterious.

The fact that the only thing anybody IS saying is that "they cancelled the ceremony" makes me wonder if they just snuck off and made it official on the QT.

Any way you slice it, this is weird all around.

Well, if he finally met her family and found out that she's got a felonious past (didn't we recently see that story?), I can see him calling it off at the last minute. She's just a beard - he can find another one. Firing his mom over her though, that's gonna be hard to fix.

No Wedding Bells for Usher

Posted Image

Usher and his fiancee, Tameka Foster appeared all set and ready to take a stroll down the aisle this weekend, when differences of opinion between the bride and groom about the event itself, led to a cancellation of this weekend's festivities. However, it probably wasn't just varying viewpoints on catering that gummed up the works, according to People magazine.

"Usher's mother [and former manager, Jonetta Patton, whom he fired in May] is against the wedding. That is one of the main obstacles," according to the source, who also said of the bride, 37, and groom, 28: "They only decided two weeks ago to have a wedding. They wanted to have it take place before the baby bump started showing."

But as another source tells PEOPLE: "Usher changed his mind."

Patton was reportedly not even originally invited to attend the event, and Usher's godfather, Ben Vereen had actually been removed from the guest list, both as a direct result of their opinion of Usher's fiancée.

It seems that between the three of them, Usher, Foster and his mother, nobody could agree on the wedding details and the nuptials were considered on and off over the past few days leading up the weekend, with everyone putting in their two cents.

"The tents were up," an insider tells PEOPLE. "And they paid all of the people, the vendors, so that wasn't an issue. ... Hotel rooms were an issue. Janet [Jackson] was coming, but she had eight security people. Ashanti and Nelly were coming."

I wish I could have seen the moment when someone had to inform the Queen of the Rhythm Nation that she would have to turn her ass and head back home because the Usher wedding was not going to be happening. You just know she rolled her eyes and said under her breath "See? This is why you have a secret wedding and marriage. Amateurs." To which Jermaine Dupri said, "What was that?" And Janet said, "Oh," (*insert her trademark tinkling laugh*), "Nothing baby! I love you!"

http://socialitelife.com/2007/07/30/no_wed...s_for_usher.php

Bridezilla

Usher's wedding to Tameka Foster was cancelled out of the blue yesterday, but sources say it was doomed to begin with. Usher's mother and former manager hated Tameka with a passion. In fact Tameka apparently was the reason why Usher fired his own mother. Usher, 28, and Tameka, 37, also argued constantly about the wedding. She wanted BBQ and he wanted some fancy shit cooked by Jean Georges.

The guest list included Janet Jackson, Troll Dupri, Ashanti, Nelly, Beyonce and Jay-Z. Usher's Godfather Ben Vereen was removed from the list, because Tameka didn't like him. Usher's own mother wasn't invited to begin with.

There's also rumors that Usher may not even be the father of Tameka's unborn baby. She's due this Fall. Basically, this whole thing is a mess.

Tameka is the sorriest gold digger I ever did see. Any good digger knows you aren't supposed to start making changes until after you got that ring and after that baby is born. DUH.

Usher's Fiancée Speaks

Posted Image

Tameka Foster is Usher's fiancée. Wait, is she still? As you may know, they cancelled their wedding plans. Various reasons were bandied about - because she's the gold-digging type, because she's knocked up with someone else's child, because Usher's Mom hates her and he wanted to make amends. Tameka says it's none of the above.

"No one knows why we canceled the wedding, but I can tell you that all of the reasons that everyone is speculating and writing about are completely untrue," Foster told PEOPLE Monday, but she declined to reveal more about why the nuptials were called off.

Tameka went on to say that she had a "scare" with her pregnancy earlier this month, but everything is A-OK now. She's due in the fall. Usher needs to trim this beard. :P I don't trust her as far as I could throw her. And with my false hip, that's not very far.

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted by: J. Harvey

http://socialitelife.com/2007/07/31/ushers...ncee_speaks.php

These Two Are A Mess

Posted Image

Tameka Foster has spoken out to People Magazine to set the record straight (sort of) on why she didn't marry Usher on Saturday.

She said, "No one knows why we canceled the wedding, but I can tell you that all of the reasons that everyone is speculating and writing about are completely untrue."

Tameka admitted that they had a pregnancy "scare" but that the baby is alright. She is due to pop this Fall.

I was reading the comments on other sites about this whole debacle and most people seem to think that Tameka is a dude and she's not really pregnant. Stranger things have happened.

I still think they probably got married in private.

Usher Not Trimming His Beard

Posted Image

Usher is insisting that the wedding is still a go. Keep your gifts, handy. It ain't over yet. Despite the fact that his Moms hates her with a fiery passion, Usher still plans to marry Tameka Foster. Tameka is with child, allegedly his, and he claims everything is fine.

The singer exclusively tells Usmagazine.com that it's only a matter of time before they walk down the aisle. "As of right now we don't have a date but we will let you know when we do."

Multiple newspaper and online outlets speculated that the cancellation was due to bad blood between Foster and Usher's mother, recent reports about Foster's criminal past, and Foster's resistance to signing a prenuptial agreement.

However, a source close to the couple dismisses the rumors.

"People are just hating," says the insider, who reveals the real reason they postponed the wedding was due to a pre-term labor scare.

Tameka was admitted to the hospital this past Friday due to the baby scare, but she's fine now and due in the fall. People ARE just hating. Let her dig the gold with a baby-shaped shovel! He needs to be more worried about salvaging his relationship with his mother. Hell hath no fury like a momma scorned. He doesn't want that karma.

Posted by: J. Harvey

http://socialitelife.com/2007/07/31/usher_...g_his_beard.php

She won't sign a pre-nup and they're blaming a "baby scare" for the cancelled wedding? Yeah. Sure. We believe that.

In other news, it has been determined that the moon is made of green cheese. Yum!

OK I KNOW!! this was a blind item. It also explains the cancelled weddin, no better way to try & deflect interest in the book than with a cancelled wedding!! to take over the headlines.

MediaTakeout claims they have seen excerpts from Karrine "Superhead" Steffan's tell-all which doesn't come out until next month. Superhead allegedly rates each dude she's slept with (and there's a lot of them) and details of what went down. Who knows if any of this is true or if it's in the book, but if it is.....damn!

Here's an alleged gem taken from MT:

On sexing it with Usher:

It was fucking horrible and on top of that it was smelling back there. This man is not packing, his dick is way small and he was having a hard time trying to find my hole. Then ol’ boy did something out of this world, he yelled out something Haitian and some big ugly black man came out and walked over to Usher and they started making out. I was sick to my stomach. I got dressed and ran out of there.

She apparently also rates the size of each dude she's been with. The list is long like Will Smith's dick (so she claims). Superhead also claims Missy Elliot has a smelly one. Barf.

Usher's Post-Canceled-Wedding Damage Control

Posted Image

Following the cancellation of their Hamptons wedding, things were looking pretty rocky between expecting couple, Tameka Foster and R&B singer, Usher. Initially, Usher flew by himself to Atlanta to see his mother, Jonetta Patton, and was soon followed by Foster. Tameka, at that point, told People magazine that over the weekend, she'd experienced some sort of health scare in regards to her unborn child, but rumor has it that it's all much ado about nothing. Sources reveal that Foster is simply utilizing this excuse as a "ploy to get Usher to talk to her," and are skeptical of any supposed "scare." From the New York Daily News:

Says another source in the anti-Foster faction: "Usher wouldn't speak to Foster -- and that's when she told him there were problems with the baby. She just wanted to get him to talk to her again."

In addition, Foster has hired a publicist to attempt to smooth over the canceled wedding fracas and to work on presenting the image of her and Usher as a couple on the way toward reconciliation.

"She made sure those magazines got their photo op with her and Usher after they left the Mandarin Oriental" yesterday, said the source.

OK, all of this is sounding so incredibly sketchy on the part of Usher's fiancée. You know Mama Usher is all, "I never thought I'd say this, but I'm starting to wish those gay rumors were true. At least I know he wouldn't be out, getting some man pregnant."

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://socialitelife.com/2007/08/01/ushers...age_control.php

Tameka's Skills Suck

Posted Image

Details and rumors are slowly coming out each day about why Usher and Tameka Foster did not get married on Saturday. Tameka's camp claims that she had "baby issues" all weekend. Usher's sources claim he could not get married without his mother there and flew to Atlanta to be with her. Usher's momma and Tameka HATE each other.

Usher and Tameka were spotted outside the Mandarin Oriental hotel two nights ago where they told reporters that the "baby was fine" and the wedding is back on, but they haven't settled on a new date.

A source claims that Tameka used the "baby scare" as a way to get Usher to talk to her and they aren't sure she had a scare at all. They say Tameka is trying to spin this in her favor.

"Tameka is using a publicist and is trying to smooth this whole thing over in her favor. She made sure those magazines got their photo op with her and Usher after they left the Mandarin Oriental."

Tameka is doing a really bad job of trying to nab her man! Just force him to elope in Las Vegas. It's not hard! Hmmm....maybe Tameka is a dude? That would make sense, because Usher looks like he enjoys a little prostate tickle every now and again.

Usher quietly marries after canceling glitzy wedding

NEW YORK (Reuters) - R&B singer Usher married his pregnant girlfriend in a small, private ceremony in his lawyer's office on Friday, just six days after canceling a lavish, star-studded wedding, according to reports on Monday.

The couple were to have been married on July 28 at a glitzy ceremony on Long Island, New York, but the wedding was canceled that day with no reason given.

Us Weekly magazine's Web site reported that Usher, 28, whose full name is Usher Raymond, and stylist Tameka Foster exchanged vows on Friday in his lawyer's office in their home state of Georgia.

"I exchanged vows with Tameka Foster in Atlanta on Friday and we are happily married," Usher told Us Weekly.

The marriage came after speculation that the couple had called the wedding off because of arguments involving everything from the wedding plans to the fact that Usher's mother and former manager, Jonetta Patton, didn't approve of Foster.

Foster 37, dismissed those rumors, telling People magazine that she had a pregnancy "scare" brought on by the stress of the wedding and was hospitalized for a couple of days.

Patton was reported to have been at Friday's ceremony.

Usher and Foster announced their engagement in March and later revealed that Foster was pregnant with their first child together. She has three children from a previous marriage.

The singer has won five Grammy awards. He also has added acting to his resume, starring in a 2005 movie, "In the Mix," and a year later performing on Broadway in the musical "Chicago."

yahoonews