princess

Halle Berry

Honestly, I don't know two women who had the same type of pregnancy. Some -- well, it seems most -- women really suffer, but some have a relatively easy time. I've never been pregnant myself, but my mother had an extremely easy pregnancy with very little sickness and gave birth within three hours. And I have a friend who just had a baby a couple of months ago, and she had an easy pregnancy with virtually no sickness or discomfort other than foot swelling. So, Halle might be underplaying it, or things might get worse for her as she goes along, but she also might just be one of those lucky few who has an easy pregnancy.

Halle Berry Planning on Eco-Friendly Diapers

TUESDAY OCTOBER 16, 2007 01:00 PM EDT

By Nicholas White

As green-friendly stars drive Priuses to movie premieres, four-months-pregnant Halle Berry is doing her part as an environmentally conscious mom-to-be.

"They even have organic disposable diapers now that you can use," Berry, showing her growing baby bump, told PEOPLE at Monday's Hollywood premiere for Things We Lost in the Fire.

"I'm working on the nursery, but it's all going to be organic and eco-friendly," the actress, 41, explained. "There are so many things out now that you can use. I'm going to really try hard to make it all organic!"

The Oscar winner is expecting her first child in early 2008 with Gabriel Aubry, her boyfriend of almost two years who joined Berry at the premiere of her new drama.

Inside the After-Party

The couple, accompanied by Berry's mother Judith, also cuddled at the after-party, as Aubry, 32, rubbed her stomach, wrapped his arm around her, and grasped for her hand. Berry avoided alcohol and stayed late, while friends and partygoers presented her with baby gifts.

Berry carried a book of motherhood "blessings," given to her wrapped in yellow tissue paper, as she thumbed through and read selected pages.

The movie's director, Susanne Bier, tells PEOPLE she sees glimpses firsthand of Berry 's mommy tendencies.

"She had no issue with being [a] mother," Bier says. "The kids on-set were calling her mom. I think that proves it pretty much, that there was a natural thing where they were calling her mom."

And playing a mom clued Berry into her motherly instincts. "The ease I had with [the children actors] validated that I do have a really strong maternal instinct," Berry says, "and I really do need to have children."

When will she shut up about her pregnancy already.

Well, when she finds out that being a Mom isn't a storybook fairytale, at least she will be forgiven for hiring round-the-clock nannies since she's an actress and all.

But seriously - you'd think she's the only woman who has ever been pregnant! Earth to Halle - women do it every day! Get over yourself. (IMO)

The movie's director, Susanne Bier, tells PEOPLE she sees glimpses firsthand of Berry 's mommy tendencies.

"She had no issue with being [a] mother," Bier says. "The kids on-set were calling her mom. I think that proves it pretty much, that there was a natural thing where they were calling her mom."

The child actors who are playing Halle's kids, called her mom on the set? Wow. Stop the presses and get the Mother of the Century awards ready.

Does star power equal box office?

A-List actors struggle to prove their worth

Here's the new benchmark for predicting box office performance: If a movie star heads the cast, downgrade the forecasts.

This may sound counterintuitive, but consider these names: Ben Stiller, Jodie Foster, George Clooney, Halle Berry, Brad Pitt, Mark Wahlberg, Joaquin Phoenix, Jude Law and Jamie Foxx.

All toplined recent projects that either underperformed or tanked. It's a phenomenon that has not escaped the notice of distributors and dealmakers.

Repping a top star was once the coolest gig in town. All you had to do was keep saying "no" until that moment when the "right" project came along and you could up the ante ("You're offering only 20-against 20? That's so 2005!")

Suddenly the game has become vastly more complex. Studios are fiercely resisting the escalation of gross participations. The looming possibility of a strike has stepped up the pressure to close deals quickly. Esoteric formulas from new equity players are tempting stars with new opportunities (as well as new traps). The take-no-prisoners media has raised the level of paranoia among top stars, who worry about protecting their careers.

David Denby, in the Oct. 22 issue of the New Yorker, reminds us that Clark Gable was a tempestuous drunk who hung out with hookers, had false teeth and wrapped his car around a tree from time to time. Yet to the public at large, he was an exalted superstar who was above the fray.

Today's stars aren't that lucky. Hence the task of picking the "right" projects seems to be growing tougher -- at least if you look at the results.

I respect actors like Clooney and Pitt for putting their names and talents behind films like "Michael Clayton" or "The Assassination of Jesse James." Jodie Foster made a gutsy choice in "The Brave One." Ben Stiller clearly didn't want just another bland remake in "The Heartbreak Kid" -- he tried for something edgier (or smarmier).

Yet the results remind us that while movie stars today can help open a picture, they sure as hell can't guarantee success. Some distributors inevitably ask: Has the basic concept of a movie star become something of an anachronism?

Frankly, I feel empathy for the actors. When the studio system was in its heyday, stars could count on the support of vast publicity and marketing machines. Actors weren't simply independent contractors; they were cogs in the giant dream factory.

Today there's no such support system. Indeed, in some cases, the stars are so detached they don't support their own projects -- think Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig on "Invasion."

"Young film actors now often say they don't want to be typecast," Denby reminds us, "but there's a lot to be said for typecasting. Among other things, it makes an easy involuntary communion with a star possible for an audience. Not every actor has that unmistakably readable identity right away."

As a result, while some acting careers may build, others prove evanescent. Ben Affleck went from being a "comer" in "Chasing Amy," to a star in "Pearl Harbor" to a has-been in "Gigli," and he's barely 35 years old. Humphrey Bogart was still an unknown at that age, but when he achieved stardom it stuck.

Entertainment Weekly noted that Affleck's appeal as a movie star was in inverse proportion to his appeal as a subject for magazine covers -- he got 17 covers during the "Gigli" year and half as many for his hits. "You're in a world out there that's hostile. Bad things are going to happen to you," Affleck reflected.

When you list the breakout movies of the past few years, few were true star vehicles. Think of tentpoles like "Transformers" or dramas like "The Passion of the Christ" or comedies like "Little Miss Sunshine." True, the "Pirates" franchise couldn't have worked without Johnny Depp camping it up, but no one expects "Sweeney Todd" to become a blockbuster because Depp sings in it.

So do stars still matter? Of course they do. The reason they became stars is usually because they have that special alchemy -- part talent, part charisma. Their presence in a film usually adds to its quality, but there's growing evidence that it doesn't necessarily add to its box office.

"Of course, movie stars still exist ... but there are fewer stars and they have come down in the world. They are paid more but valued less."

So says David Denby.

And that's why I am grateful not to be part of the negotiating process these days. After all, agents are well paid. And I'm beginning to think they earn it.

(Pagesix.com)

Berry Nose Better Than That

October 23, 2007 -- HALLE Berry was apologizing last night after she'd made an apparent anti-Semitic joke while taping "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" Friday afternoon.

The Oscar-winning star, on the show to promote her movie "Things We Lost in the Fire," was showing Leno and his audience images of herself on her computer using the Mac program Photo Booth, which distorts images like a carnival fun-house mirror.

According to one audience member, "She introduced the first photo by saying, 'Here's where I look like my Jewish cousin!' - it was a picture of her with a huge, distorted nose. No one laughed, and Jay nervously said, 'I'm glad you said that and not me.' When the show aired, they cut out her 'Jewish' comment and added a laugh track to the bit."

Another guest in the audience told us, "If you watch the clip, you can see Halle saying the word 'Jewish,' though obviously there is no audio. NBC covered her a - -. Ms. Berry should know how unbelievably inappropriate her comment was . . . She should be ashamed of herself."

Berry, 41, who sounded like she was near tears, told Page Six last night: "I so didn't mean to offend anybody - and after the show I realized it could be seen as offensive, so I asked Jay to take it out, and he did."

The gorgeous actress, who is 4½ months pregnant with her first child, by boyfriend Gabriel Aubry, said, "What happened was I was backstage before the show and I have three girls who are Jewish who work for me. We were going through pictures to see which ones looked silly, and one of my Jewish friends said [of the big-nose picture], 'That could be your Jewish cousin!' And I guess it was fresh in my mind, and it just came out of my mouth. But I didn't mean to offend anybody. I didn't. I didn't mean any harm."

Berry, who even offered to call Page Six's source and apologize in person, said, "It was just a lighthearted segment that was meant to make fun of myself. There was a picture where I said I looked like Monica Lewinsky and one where I said I looked like Jay. It was just supposed to be a silly segment. I am so sorry, and I apologize."

Halle Berry's "Jewish" Nose

http://www.dlisted.com/

Posted Image

Halle Berry was on Jay Leno last night (taped last Friday) and she brought out pictures of herself that were distorted with Mac's Photo Booth program. She showed a picture of herself with a big nose and said:

"'Here's where I look like my Jewish cousin!"

Page Six reports that nobody laughed and Jay responded with, "I'm glad you said that and not me." They cut her Jewish comment when the show aired.

Halle told Page Six that when she was backstage looking at the pictures with some of the girls who work for her (3 are Jewish) one said that it looked like her Jewish cousin. She said, "I so didn't mean to offend anybody - and after the show I realized it could be seen as offensive, so I asked Jay to take it out, and he did."

Fire her! Take away her unborn baby! Take away her man! Take away her house, cars and everything else she's worked for! She is a despicable and offensive human being and should be punished! It's a joke.

That picture probably wasn't even distorted. It was what Halle looked like before she had a nose job.

Halle Berry’s Unborn Child Receives Honorary Degree?!

Posted Image

Halle Berry’s baby isn’t due until 2008 and has already received an honorary degree from New York’s prestigious Pace University Performing Arts Department! Yep, all Halle had to do was hold a televised seminar at the school, after which James Lipton, Dean and Founder of the School, presented the award, saying that:

“Tonight is special in many ways not least because this is the first time in 13 years that I have been face to face with two guests in that chair. One of them is the youngest in the history of ‘Inside the Actors Studio.’ As Dean Emeritus of The Actors Studio Drama School I would like to say that since this little person has already attended this craft seminar, and has behaved like a perfect gentleman or lady, he or she is officially and forever an alumnus or alumna of Pace University.”

So now not only will the baby be bilingual, but he/she already has one degree under his or her belt! Honestly.

Halle Berry's Nefertiti will have Epic Quality to it

Published by Brian Jacks on Monday, October 15, 2007 at 10:27 am

"While mention of a beautiful and powerful female Egyptian pharaoh usually conjures up visions of Cleopatra, more than a thousand years before her there was Nefertiti. Telling the queen’s story has been a long-time passion project for Halle Berry, who has been developing a big-screen adaptation for years with “Monster’s Ball” helmer Marc Forster.

The flick’s progress may appear to be measured in inches, but Halle assures us that it’s still moving forward…it’s just a matter of piecing everything together. And those are admittedly big pieces, since Berry has grand visions for her historical biopic.

“It should be epic in feel,” Berry exclaimed to MTV News,” adding that it will have “lots of action because it’s all about that era in time when Nerfititi was ruling her nation.” (Watch Berry discuss “Nefertiti” after the jump.)

With language that promises to evoke memories of such films as “Ben Hur” and “Spartacus” (and hopefully not Elizabeth Tyler’s atomic bomb “Cleopatra”),

Berry says “Nefertiti” will have something for everyone. “There’s battle scenes and love,” she said. “[it’s about] a woman coming into her own. So it should have that epic quality to it.”

With Berry enjoying her pregnancy and Forster busy with “Bond 22,” when pre-production could begin on “Nefertiti” is anyone’s guess. But here’s hoping we see the majesty of ancient Egypt come alive soon enough."

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2007/10/15...quality-to-it/

Don't Leave Me!!!!!!

Posted Image

Halle Berry is reportedly devastated that her hot ass sperm donor, Gabriel Aubry, is planning to live in NYC full-time. Halle wants to raise her kid in Los Angeles, but Gabriel doesn't give a fuck! He told Halle he needs to stay in NYC for his modeling career. Doesn't this bitch know his new career is being Mr. Halle Berry?

"She's been shocked by the news. Halle had always assumed Gabriel would move to the west coast so they could live together as one happy family. If Gabriel stays in New York, it'll mean long separations. She knows their relationship won't survive and has been begging him to change his mind."

Eff him Halle! You got the hot genes, now move on. Halle always picks the losers.

Hell, I'll be Mr. Halle Berry. Best job ever! Sit around, watch Oprah, say hi to the kid, tell Halle you're leaving her, watch her cry, console her, go shopping with her credit card.

Actress HALLE BERRY was devastated when she discovered Santa wasn't real - after catching her mother eating his plate of cookies. The Monster star spent time baking the treats for the rotund gift-bringing legend but was horrified to find her mother scoffing them. She says, "The day I saw my mom eating the Santa cookies on the plate was one of the most horrific days of my life. I never let her forget it. "I had at least three more good years that I could have believed had she not been so careless."

contactmusic.com

Halle Berry is reportedly devastated that her hot ass sperm donor, Gabriel Aubry, is planning to live in NYC full-time. Halle wants to raise her kid in Los Angeles, but Gabriel doesn't give a fuck! He told Halle he needs to stay in NYC for his modeling career. Doesn't this bitch know his new career is being Mr. Halle Berry?

"She's been shocked by the news. Halle had always assumed Gabriel would move to the west coast so they could live together as one happy family. If Gabriel stays in New York, it'll mean long separations. She knows their relationship won't survive and has been begging him to change his mind."

Eff him Halle! You got the hot genes, now move on. Halle always picks the losers.

Hell, I'll be Mr. Halle Berry. Best job ever! Sit around, watch Oprah, say hi to the kid, tell Halle you're leaving her, watch her cry, console her, go shopping with her credit card.

Hey Halle, rumor has it that modern airplanes can fly not only FROM Los Angeles to NY, but also FROM NY to Los Angeles! Yeah. And why, by the way, does raising your kid as "one happy family" mean the family is in the city YOU pick? Took two of you to make the kid, right?

Hey Halle, rumor has it that modern airplanes can fly not only FROM Los Angeles to NY, but also FROM NY to Los Angeles! Yeah. And why, by the way, does raising your kid as "one happy family" mean the family is in the city YOU pick? Took two of you to make the kid, right?

You would think this would be something they would discuss BEFORE Halle got pregnant.

You would think this would be something they would discuss BEFORE Halle got pregnant.

My thoughts exactly. :rolleyes:

I'm looking at the word "reportedly" in that article. Which means it's questionable this has been said/done.

What would make sense is that if the allegation of that affair he'd had was true then they may already have split up and this is just a cover story so that they can publicly start to go their separate ways and that they are aready basically living apart but don't want to draw attention to the fact.

Halle Berry: me and motherhood

With a new film under her belt, a baby on the way and personal woes mercifully at bay, the Oscar-winning actress is revelling in the good times, finds John Hiscock

Despite her fame, her Oscar and all the trappings that go with Hollywood stardom, it used to be easy to feel sorry for Halle Berry.

It seemed that whenever she was obliged to submit to interviews to promote a new film she was forced instead to answer or dodge questions about the latest disaster in her private life.

Her diabetes, the break-up of a marriage, the split from her latest boyfriend, tangles with the law over hit-and-run driving - there was always something new and unpleasant for her to be interrogated about.

This time, however, things are different. Aged 41 and pregnant for the first time, it is a happy, smiling Halle Berry who sits in a New York hotel suite eager to talk about the upturn in her private life.

"I've wanted this for so long and I feel happier than I've ever felt before in my entire life," she beams. Always the true professional, she manages to ensure her latest film gets a plug, too, by crediting her role as a newly widowed mother of two in Things We Lost in the Fire with helping her along the road to motherhood.

advertisement"I knew from playing a mother in this movie and having two adorable, smart children around me all the time that I was meant to be a mother," she says. "It's no mystery that right after we finished the movie it manifested itself in my life because I think I subconsciously knew, 'Yes, I can do this. I'm really, really ready'."

The father-to-be is her boyfriend of two years, the Canadian male model Gabriel Aubry, who is 10 years her junior, and whom she met while they were shooting a Versace advertisement in Los Angeles in November 2005. They have, she says, no plans to marry, although "he's a wonderful man and he will be a wonderful father to our child".

In Things We Lost in the Fire, which was produced by Sam Mendes, Berry plays a young mother reeling from the sudden death of her husband (David Duchovny) in a random act of violence. She turns to his longtime friend, played by Benicio Del Toro, in the hope that he can help her and her children cope with their sudden loss, but she discovers he is facing a daily battle to stay off drugs.

The movie was originally written with a white actress in the role of the mother, but Berry wanted it so much she single-mindedly set about persuading the producers that she should have the part. "I so desperately wanted to be a mother when this script came into my life, and I wanted to do it so badly because it gave me a chance to actually be what I wanted on screen," she says. "Because it wasn't written for a woman of colour, I had the feeling I wouldn't be considered. But I kept dogging them and bugging them and asking for a chance, and they finally allowed me to meet the director."

The director was Susanna Bier, from Denmark, making her first English-language film. "My first question to her was, 'Do you care that I'm not white?' and she said, 'Hell, no, I don't care. I'm Danish. It doesn't matter to me at all,'?" recalls Berry with a laugh.

Wearing a black, knee-length dress with black high-heeled boots and a gold necklace, the actress appears far younger than her years. Somehow, she conveys the impression of being a somewhat naïve, eager-to-please young hopeful, which combines intriguingly with the experience and know-how that comes with being a Hollywood veteran.

She has had a tougher road to the top than most of her peers, having spent much of her career battling to push over racial barriers and lay claim to roles that were not originally written for a black actress. "I have always struggled to try to make people accept me for a part that wasn't written for someone like me," she says, without rancour. "Not many good parts are written for black women.

"But I think most actors have to fight for the good parts. They are so few and far between, especially for women. I knew that for this role I wasn't the first thought on anybody's mind, but I knew if I could just meet with the director…"

Berry is the daughter of a blonde, blue-eyed English psychiatric nurse from Liverpool and a black American serviceman. She grew up in Cleveland in an atmosphere of prejudice and intolerance, and recalls being subjected to racial abuse. Her father left home when she was four, and she and her elder sister were raised by her mother.

"I hope my child will have the strength of my mother, which my mother passed on to me," she says. "If not, I'll spend my life trying to impart it."

A teenage beauty queen, she was diagnosed as diabetic when she was 19 and was taking insulin until a few years ago, when, by changing her diet and exercise programme, she weaned herself off the drug, although she still has to check her blood-sugar level daily. She survived an unhappy marriage to the baseball player David Justice, after which she says she contemplated suicide, and a series of disastrous relationships - one former boyfriend sued her for £50,000 and another hit her so hard she became partially deaf.

Her second marriage, to musician Eric Bonet, ended in 2003 after two years because he could not control his roving eye. For a while, she continued to care for his daughter, India, but she is now out of her life.

In 2000, Berry was sentenced to community service for a hit-and-run accident after running a red light. She said she had no memory of being in an accident, and her doctors said she had sustained a head injury. A subsequent civil case against her was settled out of court. To add to her litany of woes, while filming the horror movie Gothika, she sustained a broken arm while grappling with Robert Downey Jr during a particularly emotional scene.

Like her private life, Berry's career has been a series of highs and lows, which include winning the best-actress Oscar for Monster's Ball and then earning a Razzie nomination as worst actress in the disastrous Catwoman.

Her first acting roles were in television until, in 1991, she convinced Spike Lee she could handle the demanding role of a crack addict in his Jungle Fever. She became romantically involved with Lee, and, when that relationship ended, she dated Wesley Snipes and then another actor, Shemar Moore.

She appeared in a number of films with varying success until, in 1999, she won Golden Globe and Emmy awards for portraying Dorothy Dandridge, the singer-actress who broke through racial barriers by becoming the first black woman to be nominated for a best-actress Oscar, in Introducing Dorothy Dandridge, which Berry also produced.

Then came the first of the three X-Men movies, the thriller Swordfish, in which she appeared topless for the first time in her career, and her Oscar-winning performance as a struggling waitress coping with a husband on death row and an overweight child in Monster's Ball. She was Jinx, the James Bond girl in Die Another Day, and her most recent role was in Perfect Stranger with Bruce Willis.

Her pregnancy has caused her to postpone two projects she was due to work on and to temporarily put all plans for future movies on hold. "I'm just focusing on a healthy pregnancy and learning all I can about motherhood, getting the stroller and crib, and all that kind of stuff.

"I'll probably go back to work soon after I've had the baby because I know that in order to be a good mother I have to be a happy, fulfilled, well-rounded person, and my career is very much a part of that. I want to keep working, but my dream is to become the mother I am dreaming of being, and I believe I can be, so I'll probably be working on that for the rest of my life.

"If I can be half as good a mother as my own mother was to me, then I'll be doing well."

Where's Gabe?

Posted Image

Halle Berry attended the Palm Springs Film Festival last night without that hot bitch Gabriel Aubry. I haven't seen them together in ages. Maybe his work as hot sperm donor is over. Anyway, Halle is like 7 or 8 months pregnant I think. She's still look gorgeous. Boring, but gorgeous.

I wish she would've shown off the knocked up chi-chis. They are out of control and so lovely to gaze upon.

I can't believe the spike heels she's still wearing ~ even on boots in a casual outfit! Her back has to hurt like hell! :blink: