Sign in to follow this  
princess

Sheryl Crow

Well, I can't figure out why they split. They seemed happy together.

Easy answer: Age difference. He could get someone half of SherOLD's age right now. What do you think it will be like in 10 years when she's in her 50's?More complex answer: I've heard some divorced people say that when a marriage is really bad, the first thing that comes along looks pretty good. Then, after you've been single for awhile and seen what else is out there, you move on from that first person. In any event, :lol: :lol: :lol: Bye bye Old Crow!

LOL! Ruby...please don't hold back any snark...tell us how you really feel! :D

Ruby...please don't hold back any snark...tell us how you really feel!

I know... Something about her just rubs me the wrong way. I hope the board will allow me this one indulgence. I hate her with the white hot heat of a 1000 suns ;)

Ruby...please don't hold back any snark...tell us how you really feel!

I know... Something about her just rubs me the wrong way. I hope the board will allow me this one indulgence. I hate her with the white hot heat of a 1000 suns ;)
You can have your indulgence... :D It will be a sad day if this board is taken over by superfans...and sweet, fluffy, stuff about celebs will only be tolerated here....(sends chills down my spine) :ph34r: Not a Crow fan too much either...but she ain't too bad on the eyes.

While not a fan of SC, much less a superfan, something about the Lance has always rubbed me the wrong way, especially how someone just barely out of cancer treatment can do no wrong at the Tour when noted endocrinologists in several European countries have noted the fact of him being best chums with the tour's director who retired the same day...

Just a detached observation of the Sheryl-Lance aging thing. I don't give a rat's ass about either of them.BTW Bobby D, I get the impression that Lance is just a pain in the ass, period! :D

Ill add my 2 cents. Sheryl and Lance look the same age face wise - her real age, in the 40's. I dont think she looks that young in the face. She looks pretty much her age. She is no Teri Hatcher and I will give her that. Teris face looks 50 or more. Body wise, Sheryl and Lance look about in their early 30's which is his age.

You know, I really LIKED the fact that Lance was not with someone half his age. Refreshing in youth obsessed Hollywood. And I think Sheryl Crow is enormously talented. I never really paid too much attention to this couple. They just seemed somewhat normal and drama free.

Well, as someone about to turn 40 I give Sheryl props for looking pretty damn good for her age...and for not having plastic surgery. I'm not in love with her as a performer, but I don't hate her or anything. And even though I share a last name with Lance I agree with BobbyD that he seems to be his own greatest love.If memory serves me correctly, Lance's first wife initiated their divorce and there was no third party involved, which points, again, to BobbyD's assessment of Lance being in love with Lance.I never got them as a couple and am not surprised they split.

Did he really dump her?  :huh:  I just saw her on some show where she showed of the diamond ring he had given her. Didn't he dump his wife after she stuck by him through his cancer ordeal?? Sheryl Crow had put her career somewhat on hold while he was doing his thing, so now he dumps her? I guess, if true, Sheryl should have known it was a possibility after he dumped his wife.

He met his ex-wife after her went through his cancer ordeal. the accounts that I have heard is that he feels only he "healed" himself from his cancer. His ex-wife believes in God and he does not. And felt he did not need to "Thank God" for still being here. Frankly I can't stand him and I have a hard time believing his story. I think someone messed up. Going through cancer treatments myself I know how rough it is. But in the past six years, and one month (yea!!) I have met many poeple with cancer. Once the cancer metaisized (sp) into your brain and lungs and liver there is little hope. I have personally know 8 friends whose cancer metasized (sp) into their livers, brains, and lungs and only one is still alive today and the doctors are not giving her too long. I don't doubt he had testcular cancer. But I don't see how it went into his brain and lungs and not only is he still alive after 7 (?) years but he is top of the line for bike riding.?? Someone needs to explain this to me. And I still won't belive you when you do. I know all cancers are different but once it starts to spread they are not that different in life span. And if he is still alive after this why couldn't they save my friends JoAnn, Beth, Melody, Chris, Julie, Christine, Becky, Peggy, Faith, and Susan.Just my vent.....
Sorry for the late response, I just read your post. First, I'm sorry to hear about your past health problems. I wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy. I'm glad your doing well now. About Lance, I thought I had heard a woman had stuck by him through his cancer ordeal & then he dumped her shortly after. That really tells me all I care to know about him. -_- Those women are so much better off without him.

According to my local radio station histar.com who gives celeb gossip, Sheryl Crow was voted the rudest person to drive for by limo drivers. They also said that she is the reason Anne Heche and Ellen broke up. She apparently messed around with Anne while Anne & Ellen were dating. After Anne & Ellen broke up, Sheryl told Anne to buzz off.

I know this is old but its interesting to hear how celebrities treat regular people. I hadn't realized she was such a snob. I didn't know she was bisexual either.

Sorry about your losses. My feeling about his cancer, like his doping...Whether true or not...He still serves as an inspiration to others. And his situation...or all other people who have cancer, they are definitely inspirations to us all...Whether they have lost the battle or still fighting...He may be an a-hole with wife and women...but I gotta still give props to survivors...and if he is a phony, let it be between him and God.

No shit? Yeah, and he's a Republican right? And Sheryl Crow might not fit too well in the Republican Party.

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-02-06/#2

Crow Bounces Back for Charity Show

Heartbroken rocker Sheryl Crow bounced back from her broken engagement to

cycling legend Lance Armstrong on Friday to model for a charity fashion

show. The hitmaker joined fellow singers LeAnn Rimes, Lindsay Lohan, Lee Ann

Womack, Christina Milian, Deborah Harry, Eartha Kitt, Elaine Stritch,

Thalia, Amerie, Natasha Bedingfield and The Black Eyed Peas star Fergie at

the Red Dress Collection show at New York Fashion Week, organized by the

National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute. Earlier in the day, Crow and

Armstrong released a joint statement admitting their five month engagement

was over. Crow and her fellow music stars strutted down the catwalk in sexy

red outfits, created by top designers including Zac Posen, Ralph Lauren,

Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger.

I've read that he's thinking about running for office in Texas, so maybe that's why he dumped her.

I mean who else is gonna be running for office next?Can't he just motivate others without getting involved in politics.. :blink: And BobbyD is right,Sheryl might just not fit in with the GOP.

NY Daily NewsSide DishDid baby stress sabotage the romance of Sheryl Crow and Lance Armstrong? The Tour de France champ banked sperm before he began chemotherapy for testicular cancer. But even though he conceived his two children with ex-wife Kristin through in vitro fertilization, he and 43-year-old Crow were having trouble, according to sources. "They were getting into a bit of a blame game going on," says a spy. Whatever, Armstrong has canceled his appearance at the Grammys, TMZ.com reports, following his breakup with Crow, who's a nominee. …

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060207/ap_en_...armstrong_crowe

NEW YORK - Lance Armstrong closed his weekly satellite radio show on a

bittersweet note by playing ex-fiancee Sheryl Crow's song "Letter To

God."

The seven-time Tour De France winner and the Grammy-winning rocker

announced their breakup in a joint statement last week after "much

thought and consideration," despite their "deep love and respect."

Armstrong acknowledged the split in his Sunday night talk show,

"Armstrong Radio," on the Sirius Satellite Radio channel "Faction,"

saying he was "torn it didn't work out."

"Obviously, this week was a rough week for us, but that doesn't change

the fact that Sheryl is an unbelievable lady, one of the smartest,

wisest, most gifted people I've ever met and a person that I can

honestly say has shown me a love that I never knew," he said.

"It's only fair that I say that, and it's only fair that we play one of

her songs tonight and not run from the situation."

Crow, 43, has called Armstrong, 34, the inspiration for her last album,

"Wildflower," which was released in September.

They announced their engagement in September. It would have been her

first marriage and his second. He has three children from a previous

marriage.

Following the breakup announcement, Armstrong reportedly canceled his

scheduled appearance as a presenter at the 48th annual Grammy Awards

on Wednesday. A call to the Recording Academy by The Associated Press

was not immediately returned Tuesday.

Crow is up for three Grammys: best pop vocal album ("Wildflower"),

best female pop vocal performance for "Good Is Good" and best country

collaboration with vocals for "Building Bridges."

"Obviously, this week was a rough week for us, but that doesn't change the fact that Sheryl is an unbelievable lady, one of the smartest, wisest, most gifted people I've ever met and a person that I can honestly say has shown me a love that I never knew," he said. "It's only fair that I say that, and it's only fair that we play one of her songs tonight and not run from the situation."

I think I just threw up a little bit. :D

I think I just threw up a little bit.

You? Eeesh. My antidote will be watching her SOLO at the Grammy's tonight knowing she's remembering how a year ago she was with Lance (and wearing that god-awful dress). Hee hee hee.

Sheryl Crow Rocks New 'Got Milk?' Ad (CBS4 News) LOS ANGELES Grammy winner Sheryl Crow rocks in a new “Got Milk?” Ad. The Missouri-born singer-songwriter has earned her spot among other Milk Mustache rock legends such as Steven Tyler and KISS.Wearing ripped jeans, cowboy boots and a revealing black bustier, Crow recently posed in the new print ads for the National Dairy Council campaign.In the ad, Crow poses in a trashy motel room, holding her guitar case and glass of milk.She said she jumped at the chance to become the latest `Got Milk?' celebrity because she uses dairy as part of her healthy diet.She says, "I like being healthy and I like feeling fit. It makes for a more exhilarating day." Sheryl’s ad will debut in the February 10 issue of Entertainment Weekly.

Sheryl Crow Treated for Breast CancerFebruary 24, 2006"The Insider"'s MARC MALKIN has confirmed to ET that SHERYL CROW underwent surgery for minimally invasive breast cancer on Wednesday. A spokesperson for Crow says that doctors confirm her prognosis as excellent and that she will receive radiation treatment as a precaution. Crow's spokesperson added that, "with much regret, she must postpone her complete tour of North America which was scheduled for March/April," but that it is her "intention to reschedule as much of the tour as reasonably possible."A statement from Crow reads:"Approximately 1 in 7 American women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime and more than 2 million Americans are living with breast cancer today. I am joining the more than 200,000 women who will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year.We are a testament to the importance of early detection and new treatments. I encourage all women everywhere to advocate for themselves and for their future. ­ See your doctor and be proactive about your health.More than 10 million Americans are living with cancer, and they demonstrate the ever-increasing possibility of living beyond cancer. I am inspired by the brave women who have faced this battle before me and grateful for the support of family and friends."Just over two weeks ago, the 44-year-old singer and seven-time Tour de France bicycling champion LANCE ARMSTRONG announced their surprise split. The two became engaged in September, 2005.For assistance to help survivors face the everyday physical, emotional and practical challenges of cancer through education, qualified referrals and counseling services, Sheryl recommends calling LIVESTRONG SurvivorCare at 1-866

Sheryl Crow Treated for Breast Cancer

I hate this f'in disease. I hate it. A friend of mine died this past week from it. She was 29 with a one year year daughter. So worried about stupid ass things in this country but we are letting our mothers and sisters and aunts and daughters die right before our very eyes.