84 replies to this topic

#21 BronxScorpio

BronxScorpio

Chatter Bug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:25 AM

Contrary to popular belief, the soundtrack to "Glitter" is one of Mariah's best albums! It's full of great 80s sounding tracks and was sorely underrated.

#22 BronxScorpio

BronxScorpio

Chatter Bug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 04:53 AM

Carey Has 16th No. 1 Hit With BalladBy NEKESA MUMBI MOODY, AP Only the Beatles and Elvis Presley have had more chart-toppers than Mariah Carey. NEW YORK (May 27) - Mariah Carey is celebrating her Sweet Sixteenth. The diva notched her 16th No. 1 hit on the Billboard Top 100 singles chart this week with the ballad "We Belong Together," off the album "The Emancipation of Mimi," which has sold more than 2 million copies after less than two months on the charts.Only the Beatles and Elvis Presley, who had 20 and 18 No. 1 singles respectively, have had more chart-toppers."I don't know that it's actually sunken in yet," Carey told The Associated Press on Thursday.It's just the latest high note for Carey, who's been on the comeback trail with "Mimi," her first album since the 2002's "Charmbracelet." That album didn't have blockbuster sales, and came a year after the "Glitter" flop movie and soundtrack, and her breakdown from exhaustion.Carey said she didn't know whether "Mimi" would be a best seller: "I didn't know what to expect when I put this record out except I knew that it was a good record and I was happy with it."Asked why the album was doing so well, Carey said, "I feel like it was just timing and that for the first time, I feel like this is an expression of who I am."Since its release in April, when it debuted at No. 1, the album has been in the top five every week. On Wednesday night, Island Def Jam Chairman Antonio "L.A." Reid threw Carey a party to celebrate at Jay-Z's 40-40 club. The label says "We Belong Together" is the biggest song in its history with an audience of more than 157 million."I look at this moment as an incredible blessing. It's part of my struggle," Carey said. "It's made me a stronger person and made me appreciate this."And while plenty of critics doubted she would be able to revisit the multiplatinum glory years of her past, Carey doesn't plan on saying "I told you so.""It's almost as if I were to caught get up in my own hype at the moment ... and be like all, 'Wow, I'm so wonderful,"' she said. "Then I would have to believe all of the naysayers as well."5/27/05

#23 nsmallaz

nsmallaz

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 07:28 PM

She got FAT.

#24 MMM1

MMM1

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3496 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 05:08 PM

I feel so out of it..haven't even heard this song :huh:

#25 Rebelgirl

Rebelgirl

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3678 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 03:12 PM

http://www.sfgate.co... CAREY WASHES HERSELF AFTER MEETING GERM-RIDDEN FANS Pop beauty Mariah Carey is so terrified of catching something from her fans, she scrubs her hands with wet wipes every time she touches an admirer. The singer has offended her fans, by confessing she refuses to meet them unless she has a supply of moist tissues to cleanse herself after they have come into contact with her. She says, "It is really essential, because I can't get germs. I've touched a lot of fans outside."
"Please stop feeding the dog with the food from the table with the plate on top of it. " - Karen Hill from Goodfellas.

#26 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41421 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 05:10 PM

There's never a doubt the girl can sing. Isn't she the one that can break glass with her high note?? :huh:

#27 Rebelgirl

Rebelgirl

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3678 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 08:54 AM

http://www.femalefir...ty/48912004.htm Joss Stone's Mariah swipe July 6, 2005, 11:53:30 Joss Stone has taken an apparent swipe at Mariah Carey for performing her latest single at Live 8. The teen soul sensation believes people should not have sung their new songs at the charity concert because the show shouldn't have been for personal gain. She said: "I didn't want to sing my single because that's really lame and pathetic and stupid and not what it's all about". Not only did Mariah perform her latest song, 'We Belong Together', at Live 8, but she made the point of telling fans it was her new single. However, Joss claims Mariah was "really nice" when she met her. She said on Britain's BBC Radio 2: "She does come across as a bit of an idiot on TV, but she's actually quite nice. She's all smiley and really lovely".
"Please stop feeding the dog with the food from the table with the plate on top of it. " - Karen Hill from Goodfellas.

#28 BronxScorpio

BronxScorpio

Chatter Bug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 11:18 AM

Joss Stone should shut up! When she's been in the business as long as Mariah has, then she can speak up, but until then, who cares what she thinks?

#29 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41421 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 05:57 PM

thesuperficial.com
Mariah Carey draws on fake abs

I'm not sure where I stand when it comes to drawing on abs with a crayon, but I'm probably totally for it. Especially if it's Mariah Carey performing at the Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular and making a total clown of herself. I can only imagine what was going through her feeble little brain as her assistant drew on the fake abs. "I look really fat today. Maybe if I draw on a weird six pack nobody will notice. Yeah, this will definitely work. Girls with cartoon abs are totally hot."

[Image via Mariah Daily]

Attached Images

• mcarey_paintabs.jpg

#30 Rebelgirl

Rebelgirl

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3678 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 03:33 AM

thesuperficial.com
Mariah Carey draws on fake abs

I'm not sure where I stand when it comes to drawing on abs with a crayon, but I'm probably totally for it. Especially if it's Mariah Carey performing at the Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular and making a total clown of herself. I can only imagine what was going through her feeble little brain as her assistant drew on the fake abs. "I look really fat today. Maybe if I draw on a weird six pack nobody will notice. Yeah, this will definitely work. Girls with cartoon abs are totally hot."

OMG....I never heard of such a thing. Those definitely are not real. She has been on the meaty side for awhile....not meaty in the real world - let me clarify that - but compared to others in Hollywood......

#31 Rebelgirl

Rebelgirl

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3678 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 08:15 PM

MARIAH'S SISTER IN HOOKER ARREST

July 7, 2005 -- Mariah Carey's troubled, HIV-positive sister has been
arrested for prostitution - for a second time.
Suffolk County police said they picked up Alison Carey, 43, after she
solicited an undercover cop at the West Shore Marina in Huntington, L.I., on
June 13.

"She offered to engage in sexual conduct for $250 in cash," a police source
said.

Explaining the long lag time between Carey's arrest and the public release
of her family ties, another source said, "We don't ask for the family tree
when someone is put under arrest for prostitution."

It was Alison's second prostitution arrest.

She was previously busted in April at her Huntington home, police said. She
pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and was fined $200 on June 2.

Eleven days later, she was back on the streets, police said. The new charge
carries a maximum of three months in jail.

Alison Carey has been out of tune with her family for years. She has claimed
in interviews that she started turning tricks as a teenager, and that her
work paid for limos that took her younger sister to her early gigs.

In the early 1990s, Alison was so broke and strung out that her mother got
custody of the young woman's son.

She gave birth to another boy, and spent years in welfare motels and
sleeping in a car. But she later lost custody of that boy, too.

In 2000, she shopped a tell-all book about her life and her famous sister,
whom she called a "vain and heartless multimillionaire." The book was never
published, if it was written at all.

A spokeswoman for Mariah Carey did not return a call yesterday.

Alison Carey's lawyer could not be reached.

Source: NYPOST

#32 Rebelgirl

Rebelgirl

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3678 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 06:22 AM

CAREY RAGES OVER CELLULITE GAG ON LIVE TV R&B beauty Mariah Carey flew into a rage on live German TV Thursday night -- after a cheeky comedian drew attention to her cellulite problem. The singer attacked funnyman Oliver Pocher during a tense interview, after he looked at her tight-fitting dress and joked, "What do you call a stuffed sausage in English?" She fumed, "There are too many men here, you are not being fair." Pocher explains, "We were discussing the cellulite Ms. Carey has on her legs. I only said what the public were thinking."

#33 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41421 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 03:53 PM

The 'Emancipation' of Mariah Carey's Bosom
(Tuesday, July 12 02:02 PM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) "Vision of Love" singer Mariah Carey was a vision of nudity when she accidentally exposed her breasts on German television.

The 35-year-old chanteuse reportedly experienced the now cliched wardrobe malfunction -- made famous by Janet Jackson and recently experienced by "Dancing with the Stars" winner Kelly Monaco -- during a performance in Karlsruhe, Germany, according to overseas news sources.

Much to the disappointment of her male fans, the show's organizers worked quick damage control, throwing the power switch to cause the stage to go dark.

Carey reportedly joked, "Someone bring me a jacket or the show's off. We all know how quickly these images can spread around the world," and then darted backstage to fix her clothing. Ever the trouper, Carey returned to finish the concert.

In other Carey news, the New York Post reports that her sister Alison Carey Scott was arrested for hooking -- prostitution, not crocheting. Carey has reportedly washed her hands of the entire affair, wanting "Alison to want to help herself."

Carey's latest album, "The Emancipation of Mimi," dropped in April and features the singles "We Belong Together" and "Shake It Off." She won a Grammy in 1990 for best new artist and for her pop vocal peformance the same year for "Vision of Love."

#34 Rebelgirl

Rebelgirl

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3678 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 03:31 PM

Here is Mariah with her boobs falling out during a performance http://www.jlaforums...ic.php?t=190405 http://www.jlaforums...ewforum.php?f=9

#35 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41421 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 10:02 PM

sfgate.com
CAREY'S SORE FEET FORCE HER TO EXPLAIN DIVA ANTICS

Mariah Carey had to be carried around the set of her new video "Shake It Off" because she couldn't walk in the high-heeled shoes she chose for the shoot.

But keen to dispel reports that her refusal to walk around was a further example of her bid to become a top pop diva]
, Carey told a TV crew covering the promo that she was in agony -- and then insisted her make-up artist made it clear that the fancy shoes had left her feet bleeding.

She complained, "I can't walk in these shoes and it's not because I'm being a diva ... Laugh all you want, my feet hurt."

Caring director Jake Nava immediately called for a pair of comfortable slippers, so his star could rest her weary feet -- but that failed to impress Carey because she can't wear flat shoes.

She explained, "My feet repel them."

But British video director Nava still insisted working with Carey was a treat.

He says, "She arrived on the set early and we worked well together. She's so not a diva really."

#36 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41421 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 08:51 AM

EOnline.comALL TIED UP: Mariah Carey notching her 17th number one single on the Billboard Hot 100 Thursday with"Don't Forget About Us," tying Elvis Presley's record for a solo artist and moving closer to the Beatles' all-time record of 20 number one singles.

#37 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41421 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 10:00 AM

NY Daily NewsCindy Adams... . . Superhot again Mariah Carey's concert contracts specify she be provided with Cristal champagne and flutes, Simple Peche sparkling wine, complete Celestial Seasonings tea setup, Wet & Dry handywipes, Dove liquid soap, Famous Amos Fatfree bars, S&W stuffed olives, Newman's Own popcorn, Tostitos mild salsa, lemon Ricola drops, Borden's evaporated milk, Drake's coffee cake, Dijon mustard (with the evaporated milk and coffee cake???), Coca-Cola Classic, lite low lean whole wheat bread. So what's she want under her tree? Tums? ...

#38 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41421 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:40 PM

SOURCE: GaySocialites.comMariah Carey will hit the road for the first time in more than three years this summer on the "Adventures of Mimi: The Voice, The Hits, The Tour" arena outing. Tickets go on sale June 2nd. Here are the stops: Aug. 5: Miami (American Airlines Arena)Aug. 7: Tampa, Fla. (St. Pete Times Forum)Aug. 9: Atlanta (Philips Arena)Aug. 11: Philadelphia (Wachovia Center)Aug. 13: Toronto (Air Canada Centre)Aug. 15: Montreal (Bell Centre)Aug. 17: Atlantic City, N.J. (Trump Taj Mahal)Aug. 21: Boston (TD Banknorth Garden)Aug. 23: New York (Madison Square Garden)Aug. 25: Uncasville, Conn. (Mohegan Sun)Aug. 27: East Rutherford, N.J. (Continental Airlines Arena)Aug. 29: New York (Madison Square Garden)Sept. 1: Albany, N.Y. (Pepsi Arena)Sept. 3: Hershey, Pa. (Giant Center)Sept. 5: Verona, N.Y. (Turning Stone Event Center) Sept. 7: Washington, D.C. (Verizon CenterSept. 9: Auburn Hills, Mich. (Palace of Auburn Hills)Sept. 11: Chicago (United Center)Sept. 14: Houston (Toyota Center)Sept. 16: Dallas (American Airlines Arena)Sept. 18: Denver (Pepsi Center)Sept. 21: Edmonton, Alberta (Rexall Place)Sept. 23: Vancouver (GM Place)Sept. 24: Seattle (Key Arena)Sept. 27: Sacramento, Calif. (Arco Arena)Sept. 30: Las Vegas (MGM Grand)Oct. 2: Oakland, Calif. (Oakland Arena)Oct. 4: San Diego (Sports Arena)Oct. 6: Los Angeles (Staples Center)Oct. 8: Anaheim, Calif. (Arrowhead Pond)Oct. 10: Phoenix (US Airways Center)

#39 nsmallaz

nsmallaz

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 04:41 PM

Do you think Wentwoth will be on stage with her?

#40 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41421 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 08:37 AM

Oh man, I may have to go now :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users