princess

Kate Moss

How come she doesn't get raked over the same coals that Britney does for being a wretched mum? It's so infrequent that Kate is ever photographed w/ her child I keep forgetting she even has a kid.

From imdb.com

Moss Confirms Engagement to Doherty

Supermodel Kate Moss confirmed speculation she is to wed rocker boyfriend Pete Doherty at a London party on Tuesday night. The catwalk beauty sparked rumors of an imminent marriage when she was photographed wearing an engagement ring in Florence, Italy last Thursday. And when the couple attended the Moet & Chandon masked ball in the British capital earlier this week, they confirmed they're getting wed. Moss said, "We are engaged," while Doherty added, "We are getting married." The loved-up couple reportedly serenaded each other in a karaoke room at the celebrity event - whose other guests included actress Scarlett Johansson and models Gisele Bundchen, Erin O'Connor, Elizabeth Jagger and Jerry Hall.

Plick I just wanted to say thank you for posting IMDB updates :)

:unsure: Thanks!

I only post the ones I find interesting though...

^^ Great point, serendip! She mightn't eat cheetos but Kate seems just as trashy in her own way as Britney. How does it show any responsibility to her kid when she's engaged to a drugged up hotel room-trashing spotty loser?

MAYBE BABY?

They really like to keep us guessing, don't they? Pete Doherty and Kate Moss were seen leaving the Princess Grace Hospital together yesterday, fuelling rumours that the supermodel is pregnant. Kate was also sporting a slightly fuller figure compared to her usual willowy frame at Nick Knight's masked ball last week, but this had been attributed to her new found domesticity and determination to get lover Pete eating well again. Whatever the real reason for the hospital visit, there are sure to be many more twists and turns in this story to come. (1 November, 2006) SOURCE: BIGPICTURESPHOTO.COM

Can we please add these two to the "who will divorce next?" poll. I know they're not even officially engaged yet, but...

LOL! Naw...I'm thinking of the Sid and Nancy ending to this "union." Something tragic happening..hopefully before a kid's involved or without taking out innocent bystanders. ;)

Kate Moss on Short List for U.K. Prize

Kate Moss is on a short list for Britain's Model of the Year despite a trail of cocaine allegations that lost her millions in modeling contracts.

The British Fashion Awards will announce the award on Thursday night. Moss, 32, is up against two other models, Erin O'Connor and Alek Wek.

"She is currently in 14 ad campaigns and is one of the most prolific models in Britain, if not the world, and has been for the majority of her 15-year modeling career," said Hilary Riva, chief executive of the British Fashion Council, which refused to comment on the potential controversy of the nomination.

Moss lost contracts with H&M, Chanel, Gloria Vanderbilt and Burberry after the Daily Mirror newspaper published images of the model allegedly snorting cocaine with British rocker boyfriend Pete Doherty last year and dubbed her "Cocaine Kate."

After the pictures were published, Moss made a public apology and went to a drug rehabilitation clinic drug in Arizona. Prosecutors decided in June there was insufficient evidence to charge Moss.

Since then, she has made a huge comeback, appearing on every other page of fashion magazines and winning back contracts.

Still, some say giving an award to someone whose career has been pocked by drug allegations sets a bad example.

"To me it's baffling ...," said Colombian Vice President Francisco Santos speaking in Britain this week during an anti-drug campaign.

'Model of the Year' is an industry accolade for the British model who has contributed the most to the international fashion scene over the last year.

"She's the kind of survivor we all want to be," said Jeremy Baker, a fashion expert at London Metropolitan University. "The paradox is that since this time last year the scandal made her a lot better off."

Since the cocaine allegations, Moss has won more than a dozen contracts with Bulgari, Christian Dior, Rimmel cosmetics and perfume Coco Mademoiselle. She has also signed deals with cell phone brand Virgin Mobile and French luxury label Longchamp. Topshop also recruited her to create a new clothing and accessories range, which will be launched in spring 2007.

Magazines including British Vogue and Vanity Fair featured Moss on their front covers in August and September.

Leading press, buyers and industry figures will choose the Model of the Year from a shortlist compiled by Vogue editor Alexandra Shulman and a committee.

There is no money attached to the award.

Serendipity asked

How come she doesn't get raked over the same coals that Britney does for being a wretched mum? It's so infrequent that Kate is ever photographed w/ her child I keep forgetting she even has a kid.

Of course this is correct--Moss comes off as an indifferent mom at best. Using drugs and involving oneself with drug users when one has a small child is irresponsible.

I think she doesn't get raked over the coals because her bad mothering is consistent with her image. She came on the scene as a waif model, and the look was instantly associated with drugs--"heroin chic." She has never claimed to be a clean-living person or a good parent. Another reason she doesn't get the thrashing Britney does is that she still looks good (most of the time, anyway); I imagine if she gained thirty or forty pounds, that would hamper her career, whereas sketchy parenting has no effect and blatant illegal drug use seems to have helped it! Also, the whole Brit-drugs-heroin-addict-fiance thing has a darkly romantic quality for some people.

Britney's media image is the virginal sexy popster. People loved her with Justin, and of course when she still actually looked sexy. IOW, she has gone against her own image. She tries to go for a good-mother image and falls short again and again. And there's nothing darkly romantic about Brits and KFed. They just seem like a couple of clowns. Ridiculous vs. romantic.

So even though it's probably not fair, Brits gets trashed and Moss gets more lucrative contracts and silence on the lousy-mom issue.

Serendipity asked

Of course this is correct--Moss comes off as an indifferent mom at best. Using drugs and involving oneself with drug users when one has a small child is irresponsible.

I think she doesn't get raked over the coals because her bad mothering is consistent with her image. She came on the scene as a waif model, and the look was instantly associated with drugs--"heroin chic." She has never claimed to be a clean-living person or a good parent. Another reason she doesn't get the thrashing Britney does is that she still looks good (most of the time, anyway); I imagine if she gained thirty or forty pounds, that would hamper her career, whereas sketchy parenting has no effect and blatant illegal drug use seems to have helped it! Also, the whole Brit-drugs-heroin-addict-fiance thing has a darkly romantic quality for some people.

Britney's media image is the virginal sexy popster. People loved her with Justin, and of course when she still actually looked sexy. IOW, she has gone against her own image. She tries to go for a good-mother image and falls short again and again. And there's nothing darkly romantic about Brits and KFed. They just seem like a couple of clowns. Ridiculous vs. romantic.

So even though it's probably not fair, Brits gets trashed and Moss gets more lucrative contracts and silence on the lousy-mom issue.

I seem to think it's fair, if someone puts out a harmless pop star image for kids to look up to...then she will be taken to task much harder than a "supermodel"...And I agree with all that you said. I also will add...Kate's kid is pretty much is left at home, where Ditzney should leave hers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../02/nmoss02.xml

Kate Moss helps fuel cocaine wars, says Colombian leader

By Jeremy McDermott in Medellin

Last Updated: 2:18am GMT 02/11/2006

Colombia's vice-president accused celebrity cocaine users yesterday of fuelling conflict in his country.

Francisco Santos, who launched his cocaine curse campaign, reserved particular criticism for the British model Kate Moss.

Kate Moss: 'Baffling'

Mr Santos said consumption of the drug in Europe fuelled the finances of rebels in Colombia.

It was "baffling" that Moss had won modelling contracts after admitting she had a cocaine problem and checked herself into a rehabilitation clinic for a month last year.

"To me it's baffling, that somebody who helps cause so much pain in Colombia is doing better than ever and winning more contracts than ever," he said.

"And I never once heard her say, 'I'm sorry'. When in Colombia, policemen, judges, journalists, common men and women are dying every day because of cocaine consumption, that hurts."

advertisement

Moss lost several contracts after she was photographed allegedly taking cocaine. No criminal charges were brought against Moss and she publicly "accepted responsibility" for the scandal.

She has since secured several lucrative contracts and has been hired as a designer for Top Shop.

The logo of the Colombian campaign is: "Cocaine not only destroys you, it also destroys a country". It is hoped that it will raise awareness about the effects the narcotics trade is having on Colombia as it enters its 44th year of civil conflict.

The warring factions, among them the Marxist guerrillas of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC), are estimated to earn more than £2 billion a year from illegal drugs, providing fuel for the violence.

"We need to tell Europeans that that line of coke they snort is tainted in blood," Mr Santos said. His message was brutally reinforced yesterday when more than 400 FARC guerrillas took over the town of Tierradentro in Cordoba.

The rebels killed 16 policemen along with a civilian, while six members of the security forces were missing.

The Colombian drug cartels have been increasingly targeting Europe.

Last night a spokesman for Miss Moss was unavailable for comment.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../02/nmoss02.xml

Kate Moss helps fuel cocaine wars, says Colombian leader
By Jeremy McDermott in Medellin
Last Updated: 2:18am GMT 02/11/2006

Colombia's vice-president accused celebrity cocaine users yesterday of fuelling conflict in his country.

Francisco Santos, who launched his cocaine curse campaign, reserved particular criticism for the British model Kate Moss.

Kate Moss: 'Baffling'

Mr Santos said consumption of the drug in Europe fuelled the finances of rebels in Colombia.

It was "baffling" that Moss had won modelling contracts after admitting she had a cocaine problem and checked herself into a rehabilitation clinic for a month last year.

"To me it's baffling, that somebody who helps cause so much pain in Colombia is doing better than ever and winning more contracts than ever," he said.

"And I never once heard her say, 'I'm sorry'. When in Colombia, policemen, judges, journalists, common men and women are dying every day because of cocaine consumption, that hurts."

advertisement
Moss lost several contracts after she was photographed allegedly taking cocaine. No criminal charges were brought against Moss and she publicly "accepted responsibility" for the scandal.

She has since secured several lucrative contracts and has been hired as a designer for Top Shop.

The logo of the Colombian campaign is: "Cocaine not only destroys you, it also destroys a country". It is hoped that it will raise awareness about the effects the narcotics trade is having on Colombia as it enters its 44th year of civil conflict.

The warring factions, among them the Marxist guerrillas of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC), are estimated to earn more than £2 billion a year from illegal drugs, providing fuel for the violence.

"We need to tell Europeans that that line of coke they snort is tainted in blood," Mr Santos said. His message was brutally reinforced yesterday when more than 400 FARC guerrillas took over the town of Tierradentro in Cordoba.

The rebels killed 16 policemen along with a civilian, while six members of the security forces were missing.

The Colombian drug cartels have been increasingly targeting Europe.

Last night a spokesman for Miss Moss was unavailable for comment.

That's deep, considering 80-90% of the cocaine in circulation worldwide comes from Colombia. Maybe he should try to impose extremely harsh drug penalties.

Kate Moss' New Sketch Role

Thu, 11/09/2006 - 3:56pm

We thought the next thing that Kate would take on was a singing career, but it turns out that she's caught the acting bug instead. She's set to star in a Comic Relief special called Little Britain's Big Night on November 22. David Walliams, one of the show's actors, evidently talked her into it. He says,

"I've known Kate socially for a little while and she and Pete came to our show one night and liked it....So we thought, let's be cheeky and see if we can convince her and she was up for it. The thing about Kate is that she's funny in her own right so we think it'll be brilliant. It'll be a speaking role but I don't want to give too much away. When you see her and what she'll be wearing and doing, it'll be a big surprise."

He added: "Kate has natural comic talent. It's just that most people don't know it because they see her in pictures and beautiful people aren't allowed to be funny. But I know she's going to be great. It's a real coup and we're absolutely chuffed."

Source: Popsugar.com

Kate Moss Fancies Herself An Actress

Oh, British people. I will never really quite understand you. The Daily Mail can better explain:

Decked out in cheap gold chains and a garish blue tracksuit top, Kate Moss was barley recognisable during her theatrical debut last night. Away from the glamour of the catwalk, the supermodel embraced her role as the sister of Britain's favourite chav Vicky Pollard with apparent ease. Moss joined Little Britain stars David Walliams and Matt Lucas for a cameo appearance at the Hammersmith Apollo in London for a Comic Relief version of the famous television comedy series.

How is this woman not only still working as a model, but now starting an acting career? I'm not so much annoyed as I am jealous. Grrr.

Yeah but no but...meet my friend Kate [The Daily Mail]

Fashion Fix: It's the Kate and Crazy Pete Variety Hour

The words of the day for Kate Moss and Crazy Pete Doherty are wrinkles and blow. Rumor has it that all the years of being on blow have taken their toll on her looks. The 32-year old model is reportedly obsessed with her appearance and has outfitted her Primrose Hill mansion with wall-to-wall mirrors to spot the first sign of wrinkles. Kate constantly checks her skin for age spots and any other signs of aging. I'm glad that of all the possible detrimental effects long-term use of cocaine threatens a person with, Kate is finally going to be scared straight by the possibility of prematurely saggy skin.

In addition to the fun-house, Kate is also said to have a thing for married men.

"Staff at Agent Provocateur HQ were delighted to welcome a member of England's World Cup squad this summer, wishing him all the best for the upcoming tournament. Also there that day was Kate Moss, who took advantage of one of the 'off' times in her on-off relationship with Pete 'hanging around Death's waiting room' Doherty to bang the life out of the football star in a room behind the scenes. Said player had a huge smile on his face as he strolled out sporting large bags of free undies to present to his loving wife."

There are about a possessed midget away from out-doing an episode of "Passions, " which is not to say I think it's a bad thing.

14 December 2006

KATE'S LATE MATES

Eva Simpson & Caroline Hedley

TALK about a meeting of minds. Party animal Kate Moss has struck up a friendship with Amy "Wino" Winehouse after a marathon boozing session on Tuesday night.

It started quietly enough at a party for Ray-Ban's Wayfarer sunglasses, after which they moved to a local London pub. Then the pair went back to 23-year-old Amy's house to carry on partying with Sadie Frost, Kelly Osbourne and Bobby Gillespie until 5am.

Our mole tells us: "Amy and Kate were all over each other. They were even holding hands at one point.

"Kate was going through Amy's wardrobe saying how much she loved her manic outfits." Kate, 32, was also on hand to dish the dirt on hunky Bond star Daniel Craig - who she dated in 2004.

Our mole adds: "Amy kept going on about how she thought Daniel had an amazing body and was quizzing Kate about what he was like in the sack.

"She said she wanted to sing the next Bond theme tune so she could get to meet him."

Yeah, Amy, how about "Octoboozy" or "Licence To Spill"?

22 December 2006

KATE'S XMAS TREAT FOR STAFF

KATE Moss treated her staff to tea and finger sandwiches at Claridge's in London yesterday.

The sedate Christmas bash with her nanny and PA was to say thanks for all their hard work. Don't worry, she'll be on the lash again soon...

WHY KNOT

Page Six

December 25, 2006 -- THE on-again, off-again wedding rumors about supermodel Kate Moss and druggie rocker Pete Doherty are on again. The Mail on Sunday reported that they could tie the knot as early as this week in west London. "Both Kate and Pete have invited close friends and family to meet them [at the Fulham Register Office] on Friday," an unnamed source told the newspaper. More friends and family reportedly have been invited to the Spanish island of Ibiza for a big wedding party Jan. 18. The Mail on Sunday also said that Moss was to attend a New Year's Eve party on the Thai island of Phuket along with her friend Sarah, Duchess of York.

OFF SHE GOES

Kate Moss and a pal take off from London's Heathrow airport on Wednesday, where the supermodel is reportedly heading for a vacation in Thailand.

Posted Image

Kate and Pete Marry

Kate Moss has married her drug addict fiancé Pete Doherty in a private New Year's Day ceremony on the Thai island of Phuket.

The couple exchanged vows before a select few friends and family members in a forty minute ceremony held at their six star hotel villa overlooking the sea.

News of the wedding has sent shock waves through Miss Moss's circle of friends concerned that a legally binding union may give the poverty-stricken heroin and crack cocaine addict the right to half the estimated £25 million fortune Miss Moss has amassed during her extraordinarily successful 16-year modelling career.

It is yet to be confirmed whether the wedding was a Thai Buddist-style 'marriage blessing' or a formal legal wedding, the latter of which is often tied up in weeks of beaurocratic red tape. Thai Buddhist-style blessings conducted by monks are usually taken in conjunction with formal weddings in a couple's home country.

The presence of Miss Moss's personal assistant perhaps to help plough through beaurocratic red tape - and Kate's mother Linda and brother Nick being at the ceremony in Phuket - are being seen as an indication that a formal legally-binding ceremony took place.

After seeing in the New Year under a £100,000 fire works display alongside other hotel guests including the Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson, and her daughters Beatrice and Eugenie, the 32-year-old supermodel and Doherty, 27, retired to bed shortly before 1am, ahead of their big day.

Miss Moss is understood to have warned Doherty against late nights of drugs consumption in Thailand, where such behaviour can carry the death penalty.

Yesterday the pair were awoken with a room service breakfast before preparing, in different rooms, for the ceremony.

At 1.30pm Thai time - 6.30am UK time - the Babyshambles singer and Miss Moss exchanged vows in the picturesque private gardens of their five-bedroomed £4,500-per-night villa at the Amanpuri hotel.

Wearing a white Galliano shift dress and her blonde hair loose, Miss Moss looked on adoringly at her groom, who was dressed in an all-black linen suit and his trademark pork pie hat.

For the ceremony, the gardens and villa were decorated with flower petals, fragrant jasmine, orchids and a floral archway. White and pale pink lotus flowers decorated the pool.

With security at a maximum, staff guarded the perimeter of the villa, preventing any uninvited guests from wandering in.

A legally recognised marriage in Thailand would involve the couple first visiting the British embassy in Bangkok, then getting the paperwork translated by a certified translator.

They would then have to visit the Bangkok Foreign Affairs Office to get the translations stamped.

In Phuket, they would have had to then submit the papers to a local legal witness who would come to the wedding, before the wedding documents would then have to be translated into English. Then the couple would have to visit a British registry office to ensure the Thai marriage was recognised legally in Britain.

All of which red tape might explain why Miss Moss's personal assistant joined them on the trip. A local source said the paperwork could conceivably be completed in three to five days in Thailand.

The Amanpuri resort, where the ceremony took place, urges couples having a Thai Buddhist-style marriage blessing to have already - or be imminently planning - a more formal wedding in their home country.

Last night a hotel source confirmed the wedding ceremony had taken place. The Mail revealed yesterday that the pair were due to exchange vows on the Thai island on New Year's Day.

"The wedding has been planned with the utmost care and attention to detail", the source said. "irtually all the staff were informed that it was taking place but they have been under strict instructions to keep quiet about it. The couple was adamant that it should be a secret, private function."

Another hotel staff member claimed that the couple, who got together almost two years ago at the model's 31st birthday party, planned to honeymoon on another island off Thailand.

It is understood that they have been loaned a friend's private helicopter to transport them from the Amanpuri, on the west coast of Phuket, to the new destination in the south east asian country.

The couple's relationship has been dogged by scandal and drama. Only weeks ago Doherty was present when actor Mark Blanco plunged to his death at a drug-fuelled party at an East London top-floor flat.

Despite Miss Moss threatening to end their relationship if Doherty did not cure his addictions to heroin and crack cocaine, the singer was hauled before the courts to face drugs charges on three separate occasions this year.

Most recently, he was given a community probation order and under the terms of which he is required to meet up with a probation officer once a week. If Doherty is to make his next such meeting, he will have to cut short the couple's honeymoon.

Miss Moss, who underwent a stint in rehab after being photographed snorting 'line after line' of cocaine in September 2005, is said to have sworn herself off drugs.

Miss Moss have never been married before. Doherty, who has a three-year-old son Astile, has been previously married, to singer Lisa Moorish.

dailymail.co.uk

msn.com

Moss Denies Marrying Doherty in Thailand

Jan 2, 10:27 AM EST

A spokesman for Kate Moss denied Tuesday reports the supermodel and rocker Pete Doherty had tied the knot during a candlelit Buddhist ceremony in Thailand on New Year's Day.

Stuart Higgins said Moss, 32, was vacationing in Thailand, but hadn't married Doherty, frontman for Babyshambles.

"There has not been any kind of marriage ceremony in Thailand. She is on holiday," Higgins said.

British newspapers reported that Moss and Doherty had held the ceremony in the Thai resort of Phuket. Neither the Sun nor the Daily Mirror provided sources for the information. The Mirror quoted an unnamed friend of Moss as saying the ceremony was an expression of the couple's mutual devotion.

Higgins called the reports "entirely false."

3a.m.girls

3 January 2007

MOSSGATE

EXCLUSIVE: Pete relationship is 'madness', fear closest pals

LOVEBIRDS Kate Moss and Pete Doherty have locked their door and spent the last 48 hours enjoying a love-in after reportedly getting "married" in Thailand.

But back home close friends of the supermodel have been secretly meeting to see how they can "save" their pal from making what they see as a huge mistake.

We can reveal that her best friends, hairdresser James Brown and actress Davinia Taylor, met for a council of war at top London restaurant The Ivy to discuss tactics.

And in an animated exchange, the pair were overheard by fellow diners saying Kate and Pete's seemingly destructive relationship was "madness".

A customer on a neighbouring table tells us: "The mood seemed pretty sombre as they talked over recent events and asked if Kate was doing the right thing.

"At one point Davinia said that she hoped all the 'madness was worth it' and shook her head in dismay.

"She said that Kate had been through a lot and wondered if Pete was really the right one for her because of all his baggage."

The pair chose a secluded table at the back of the restaurant so they couldn't be overheard.

Our source continues: "James was pretty short with the waiters whenever they came over as they didn't want to be disturbed. They kept the lunch very businesslike, ordering the £23.75 set lunch menu and only having a couple of glasses of wine but mainly sticking to water."

James, 35, has known Kate since school while Davinia, 27, is a trusted member of the notorious Promiscuous Hill inner circle.

One person missing from The Ivy showdown, however, was Kate's mate Sadie Frost.

And the newly-single fashion designer was also absent from Kate's holiday in Thailand, preferring to spend New Year in South Africa with her ex-husband Jude Law and their children.

Meanwhile, Kate and Pete have remained blissfully unaware of the meeting. They have been turning cleaning staff away from their room at the exclusive Amanpuri hotel for two days and are only accepting deliveries of booze.

A guest tells us: "They haven't been seen for 48 hours and it's become a running joke among staff that they can't go anywhere near their villa or they'll get an earful.

"The only contact they've had with the outside world is when then they have ordered up champagne.

"Pete is pasty enough as it is and looks set to stay that way as he seems determined to keep as far away from the beach as possible." The couple were said to have wed in a Buddhist ceremony on New Year's Day.

But in a further twist yesterday, Kate's spokesman denied any marriage and said she was just "on holiday".

Well at least her mates will be happy, for now.

10 January 2007

KATE'S MOSSY PYTHON

By Julie Mccaffrey

KATE Moss is probably no stranger to having slimy characters hanging around her.

But the supermodel got stuck with a real reptile of a companion on holiday - as she and junkie fiance Pete Doherty drape a 7ft python around their necks.

The showbiz couple modelled the bizarre hiss and hers snakeskin fashion accessory during a romantic stroll along a beach in the Thai resort of Phuket.

Babyshambles rocker Pete, 27, was clearly having a ball. A large beach one in fact, which the keen soccer fan used to play keepy-uppy.

Meanwhile Kate, 33 next week, seemed keener to get her kicks with a guitar.

Mind you, if she can't hold it properly she'll never play anything decent, although Pete is on hand to give her lessons.

Mum-of-one Kate and Pete are believed to have exchanged Buddhist vows at a local hotel on New Year's Day.

One holidaymaker who saw them on the beach said: "They looked every inch like a couple of happy honeymooners, sipping wine and happy to pose for snaps.

"The python was an unnerving touch but they seemed completely at ease with it."

The catwalk beauty has become besotted with pasty-faced Pete, despite his drug battles, and they are rumoured to be planning a London wedding this month.

He must be a real snake charmer...