sanlee

Gwyneth Paltrow & Chris Martin

Sooooo....wonder how much this pic is photoshopped? I know she is in good shape but don't buy it for a minute that this isn't retouched.

Yeah, but I don't think it's as re-touched as I'd like to snark about how much it's re-touched :D

Showboating Steven Spielberg fined for angering holidaymakers as he took Gwyneth Paltrow out on his £220m yacht

By Nick Pisa

Last updated at 11:54 PM on 25th July 2011

Billionaire film director Steven Spielberg has been fined by Italian coastguards after his speedboat came too close to the coast and annoyed holidaymakers.

Triple Academy Award winner Spielberg, 64, was with actress Gwyneth Paltrow, when the incident took place after they took a trip in his speedboat while on his £220 million luxury yacht Seven Seas.

Angry sunbathers called police and coastguards because of the noise from the tender's powerful outboard motor after the director ventured to close to the shore and breached maritime regulations.

Coastguards were quickly on the scene at La Maddalena, a picturesque beauty spot off the north east coast of Sardinia, which is renowned as being a millionaire's playground.

Contrite Spielberg, whose films include Jaws, Shindler's List and Saving Private Ryan, immediately apologised telling coastguards: 'I'm sorry. I'm Steven Spielberg. I didn't know the rules. It's only right I pay.'

Officials said that the following day a fax arrived at their headquarters in Palau with a photocopy of the postal order proving the 172 euro fine had been paid.

Spielberg has been holidaying in the Mediterranean aboard his 280ft yacht Seven Seas and his tender had breached the 900ft exclusion zone from the shoreline and so was liable for the fine.

Coastguard Vincenzo Petrella said:'When we arrived at the scene there was a bearded gentleman signing autographs for people on the beach - we had been called by holidaymakers because the tender was so close to the shore.

'I recognised him instantly and he came up to me and said 'I'm Steven Spielberg. How can I help ?' I told him that regulations forbid tenders coming within 300 metres of the shore.

'I said that I had no other option but to fine him. He was very apologetic and even offered to pay there and then but I explained I could not take any money from him and it had to be paid via a post office account.

'He took the paperwork and the next day a fax arrived at our office confirming that the fine had been paid.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20...l#ixzz1TAeiqIVY

Gwyneth "Gooped" about how she still had to work hard in this business...guess that also she also works hard to keep your uncle's Yacht from getting to close to shore and getting fined. :rolleyes:

Good for Spielberg for being apologetic and immediately paying the fine - and not pulling any celeb "don't you know who I am" crap. Proud of him! And I hate that I have to be *proud* of a celeb for, you know, being a decent human being :rolleyes:

Good for Spielberg for being apologetic and immediately paying the fine - and not pulling any celeb "don't you know who I am" crap. Proud of him! And I hate that I have to be *proud* of a celeb for, you know, being a decent human being :rolleyes:

billionaire.

172 Euro.

That's gotta hurt.

Agree. The fine itself might be chickenfeed to him, but you know that there are other celebs who just wouldn't bother coughing up.

And, Gwynnie wonders why people think she's a snot :rolleyes:

Elle Decor on Goopy's favorite things

Act, cook, write, sing: Gwyneth Paltrow famously loves to do it all. So it comes as no surprise to hear that she is also a serious design buff. Last year, she and her husband, rocker Chris Martin of the band Coldplay, combined two London townhouses with the help of his architect brother, Al Martin. They restored the period details and added such funky touches as a rumpus room for the couple’s two children and a skull-and-crossbones motif on the library’s mantel. Paltrow—whose lifestyle website GOOP will release iPad and iPhone apps this fall—may one day design her own furniture and tabletop collections. “That’s kind of the dream,” she says. “Maybe when the kids are older.” See some of Gwyneth’s favorites here and check out the September issue of ELLE DECOR, on newsstands August 16, for the rest.

1. De Gournay Hand-Painted Wallpaper

I indulged with one wall in my London living room covered in a gorgeous pattern.

2. Seasonal Flowers

I like single-variety arrangements—peonies, hydrangeas, and white lilies—casually arranged.

3. Darren Almond’s Photography

His arresting, large-scale artwork brings a sense of majesty to a room.

4. Charles Edwards Star Lanterns

I hung three of these at different levels in the stair hall so that we could pass them on our way up to bed at night.

5. Antonio Lupi Baia Tub

It’s in the middle of my bedroom—perfect for a relaxing wind-down and for bathing the kids.

6. Juxtaposed: Religion Shelf

Built-in slots hold holy books—including the Qur’an, Bible, and Tao Te Ching—all at the same level (which is how I like to think about religion).

7. Clothbound Penguin Classics

These gorgeous editions make the books so tempting to pick up, again and again. The ultimate cure for sore muscles.

8. YUBZ Retro Handset

A handset cuts down on cellphone radiation. I use this one for my Black

Am I the only one that thinks it's funny poor Chris is stuck carrying all the luggage, and Gwyneth not having a clue someone else is yet again taking care of all the daily life details for her??

Posted Image

popsuar

Gwyneth Paltrow was spotted at NYC's JFK airport on Sunday. She took off for London with her husband Chris Martin, and their children, 6-year-old Apple and 5-year-old Moses. The family has since settled back into their UK routine, and Chris was seen out for a stroll along Notting Hill's Portobello Road yesterday afternoon with a pal. It didn't take Gwyneth long to see her English friends, either. She joined Kate Moss and Stella McCartney for an evening out at the Arts Club last night. She also spent time prepping her latest GOOP newsletter. Gwyneth collected tips on starting a small business from the founders of various online companies.

I thought this was funny... from today's "Goop" I love to pick up a nice bunch of flowers when I see some of my faves at the market (peonies, lilies and hydrangeas, to name a few)...

You know how Gwynnie & Madge used to be besties and now aren't friends at all. And you know how Madge very rudely let the world know that she "loathes hydrangeas" (when an admirer gave her one!). And you know how Gwynnie can never let go of grudges and slips things into interviews to let slam those who have fallen from her favour (Brad Pitt, Winona Ryder, etc). So, I do have to wonder if she included Madge's despised flower as one of her Top Three on purpose. Like Lainey of laineygossip.com always states, "girl sh%t is the best sh%t!"

I didn't know about Madonna & hydrangeas - that's pretty funny. Sort of an odd flower to hate. Unless they're too "pretty" or girly for her.....

I personally adore hydrangeas and peonies - I have loads of both at my house, the peonies were the first thing I planted when we built this house and they are just so beautiful. And they spread! They don't last long, though, so I have to adore them while I can......

:) This got a loooooot of press and I've no doubt that Gwynnie was delighted to see her nemesis shown up as such an ungracious ingrate!

The more Gwyneth tells me about her personal life, the more I love her. For the same reasons Lainey does, I imagine. Sure, I think she's pretentious. Doesn't mean she doesn't know what she's talking about, and she entertains me, which (as an actress and whatever hell else she is these days) is what she is paid to do. So.....

I esp love that she doesn't do a prepubescent brazilian wax!!!

http://www.laineygossip.com/Is-Gwyneth-Pal...-70s-bush/26660

Her being named as Most Beautiful Woman in the World? What is really going on here? Aside from the fact that she's got a putrid personality, she's "pretty" at best. What is People Magazine getting out of this deal? The fact that picking her will draw attention because she is so hated?

Her being named as Most Beautiful Woman in the World? What is really going on here? Aside from the fact that she's got a putrid personality, she's "pretty" at best. What is People Magazine getting out of this deal? The fact that picking her will draw attention because she is so hated?

Its publicity for IronMan 3 -- the timing couldn't be any better :rolleyes:

The more Gwyneth tells me about her personal life, the more I love her. For the same reasons Lainey does, I imagine. Sure, I think she's pretentious. Doesn't mean she doesn't know what she's talking about, and she entertains me, which (as an actress and whatever hell else she is these days) is what she is paid to do. So.....

Wait, did I read that right? Are we really expected to think her friends all pinned her down at trimmed her bush at a dinner party?? Seriously?? :rolleyes:

Wait, did I read that right? Are we really expected to think her friends all pinned her down at trimmed her bush at a dinner party?? Seriously?? :rolleyes:

I sort of thought it was more a girls' weekend - like maybe one of their trips to Mexico or something?

Trying to remember what I've done with my girlfriends - never a bikini wax - but certainly other grooming activities....

I sort of thought it was more a girls' weekend - like maybe one of their trips to Mexico or something?

Trying to remember what I've done with my girlfriends - never a bikini wax - but certainly other grooming activities....

I just got back from a girls' trip to Vegas and we didn't do anything close to grooming our bushes together, so we must have done it wrong :D

I'm kind of concerned what they did with the trimmings. :blink:

I just got back from a girls' trip to Vegas and we didn't do anything close to grooming our bushes together, so we must have done it wrong :D

Oh, we should have grabbed coffee while you were here! No bush trimming, though. Let's just be friends!