ElleDriver

Jennifer Aniston

The resemblance would be much stronger if Jen kept the nose she was born with.

LOL ~ That was my first thought as well!

That said, the photos in the fur coat and hat should have been left out. :o

Fox host Bill O'Reilly slams Jennifer Aniston for saying women don't need men to raise children

BY Meena Hartenstein

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Here's a celebrity feud you didn't see coming -- Fox News Anchor Bill O'Reilly has lashed out at Jennifer Aniston, calling the actress "destructive to our society."

O'Reilly railed at Aniston on his show Wednesday for comments she made about single motherhood.

"Women are realizing more and more that you don't have to settle, they don't have to fiddle with a man to have that child," Aniston said recently while promoting her new film "The Switch," a comedy about artificial insemination.

"They are realizing if it's that time in their life and they want this part, they can do it with or without that," she said.

Conservative talk show host O'Reilly hosted a round table discussion on Wednesday to address the actress' comments.

"She's throwing a message out to 12-year-olds and 13-year-olds that hey, you don't need a guy, you don't need a dad," he said. "That's destructive to our society."

O'Reilly went on to argue that remarks like Aniston's are hurtful to fathers, saying, "She's diminishing the role of the dad."

Questions about Aniston's potential future as a single mother have swirled since her split with Brad Pitt, and the actress has said repeatedly that she still wants to be a mom someday.

"I have said it years before and I still say it today," she said during her film's press conference.

But unlike the character she plays in "The Switch," Aniston won't be heading to the sperm bank: "I don't have plans on that, no."

O'Reilly did defend Aniston against Fox & Friends Anchor Gretchen Carlson, who said the former "Friends" star made the remarks in relation to her own personal life.

"In her private life she's a 41-year old single woman who's never been married, and probably has not ruled out the chance of having a baby," Carlson said.

"It was in the context of a movie," O'Reilly responded, calling Carlson's interpretation of the quote "unfair."

Besides, self-declared People magazine reader O'Reilly reminded his guests, "Wasn't she married to Brad Pitt?"

O'Reilly did offer Aniston a chance to come on the show and clear up her statement.

"If she wants to explain it," he said, "She can get her butt right in here!"

Wonder if she'll send him a thank you note for the publicity. :rolleyes:

Seriously, O'Reilly, with men like you on the planet, it only encourages more women to go the path of raising children alone.

I just happened to catch her on Regis and Kelly today and boy is she WACKY in this interview. She said she played dress up for a living "like a retard," went off about how Regis's summary of the movie was inaccurate regarding her character's age, stared offstage at nothing while Regis was speaking to her (he called her out on it), and then made some sort of balls comment which made Regis remind her it was a morning show. Is she trying to get attention or was she on something?

I just happened to catch her on Regis and Kelly today and boy is she WACKY in this interview. She said she played dress up for a living "like a retard," went off about how Regis's summary of the movie was inaccurate regarding her character's age, stared offstage at nothing while Regis was speaking to her (he called her out on it), and then made some sort of balls comment which made Regis remind her it was a morning show. Is she trying to get attention or was she on something?

Posted Image

Posted Image

I don't give a rat's ass about Jen-I am so desperate I need a life coach - Aniston

But I would really like it if you could pass that over here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

WAKE-UP CALL

Jennifer Aniston continues to promote her newest film The Switch – and world peace? – during an appearance on Good Morning America in New York City on Thursday.

Untouched, she's still a lot better looking than I am!!! (and she's older....Of course, it's her job to be better looking than I am and she's extremely well paid to do so)

To do what, BobbyD? These photos were taken to promote a perfume which, if successful, could make her BUCKETS of moolah. Britney Spears' perfumes earn her literally millions each year and besides promoting them when they were launched, I think she now does nothing and just laughs all the way to the bank (along with Elizabeth Arden, who creates and markets the perfumes, who have been making huge money from it.)

I think the unretouched photos don't look very nice but I sincerely doubt that Jennifer leeked them herself.

I suspect Jennifer knows her days as a "sexy actress" :rolleyes: are quickly coming to a close so she's trying to get into things like directing and products to insure an income stream once she moves more out of the public eye.

• Like 1

These photoshopped photos aren't helping her career at all. Her getting buttnaked on major magazines when she has major movie releases, ain't helping either. Most of America still has no interest in seeing her in the same tired ass flicks of her trying to find love. It is a desperate attempt at still telling the world that she is sexy. C'mon Kath, she's no Britney Spears, so seriously doubt she's going to pump up sales of that perfume...unless it's called "Desperation." :4biggrin:

This is the same woman who had a marketing campaign for water..yes...bottled water. I'm sure she pumped up the sales for that.

I'm not hating on her for making money...she's a TV actress and but she's desperately trying to make herself into much more.

'The Switch' a bitch for Jennifer Aniston

Why the star's latest film failed at the box office

By Gregg Kilday and Kim Masters

Aug 24, 2010

The moviegoing public's on-again, off-again love affair with Jennifer Aniston hit another troubled patch during the weekend as her latest comedy, "The Switch," opened to a dispiriting $8.4 million.

From the start, there was concern within the Aniston camp that the offbeat comedy, which also stars Jason Bateman as a surprise sperm donor, was a tricky sell. "Switch" was produced independently for about $19 million by Mandate and Bona Fide Prods. As filming began, Miramax picked up domestic rights for about $6 million. Then the movie nearly became an orphan when Disney decided to sell Miramax to an investment group headed by Ron Tutor.

Ultimately, Disney agreed to distribute the title for a fee through its Touchstone label. Sources claim that the studio promised the "Switch" team it would give the movie the same level of support that helped turn Sandra Bullock's romantic comedy "The Proposal" into a hit last summer but that Disney's ad buy ultimately fell short of that mark. There was even talk that Aniston confronted Disney marketing head M.T. Carney about the issue.

Neither Aniston's representatives nor Disney would comment on the situation. But a source close to the film said Aniston, who served as an executive producer with her producing partner Kristin Hahn, "was ferocious and tireless on behalf of the movie and is to be greatly admired for that."

If there was a disconnect between her and the studio, it probably came out of the fact that Disney, which inherited the film, didn't have the same sense of ownership in the project that drove CBS Films to lavish TV airtime on similarly themed Jennifer Lopez rom-com "The Back-up Plan" in April. And even with CBS' backing, "Plan" was no winner, opening to $12.2 million and grossing only $37.5 million domestically. Artificial insemination, it turns out, is the new boxoffice poison.

In an odd way, though, Aniston's current boxoffice troubles don't necessarily represent a setback.

Just as the tabloids have turned her personal life into an ongoing saga of triumph over heartbreak, she has overcome equally long odds in Hollywood, becoming the only member of the "Friends" ensemble to graduate to a full-time film career.

Although some in the business describe her as a second-tier movie star, she's reliably second-tier. As one producer explained: "She's probably still a giant television star. If she would do it, she could name her price. Her movies aren't very good, but they're not embarrassing. She's always pleasant, and she always looks kind of pretty. She's really well-liked in the town. She's a good friend, a supergood client, very hardworking."

In fact, Aniston will give a boost to her pal Courteney Cox by appearing as a therapist on the Season 2 premiere of Cox's ABC sitcom "Cougar Town," the first time the two have worked together since a 2007 episode of FX's "Dirt."

Offering an even more upbeat assessment, another producer said: "As an actress, she's sort of effortless -- good with comedy and comfortable in those roles. She just doesn't get credit for the ease with which she does these things."

Against a film resume that is decidedly mixed, ranging from such lows as "Derailed" and last year's "Love Happens" to such highs as "The Break-Up" and "Marley & Me," "Switch" eventually might be seen as just another stumble that sets the stage for her next recovery.

Already, the actress has completed filming a new Adam Sandler movie, "Just Go for It," which Sony will release in February, and she is at work on the ensemble comedy "Horrible Bosses" for New Line.

As a film actress, she has taken a dual-track path, veering between such smaller indie efforts as Miguel Arteta's "The Good Girl" and Nicole Holofcener's "Friends With Money" and glossier studio fare.

Said another producer who has worked with her: "There are some actors like Angelina Jolie, if they want to do the movie, then you make the movie. Aniston is not the kind of star that drives movies getting made. She's the kind of star that gets the movie made if you want to make it anyway. If she says, 'I want to do a script,' people are going to say: 'How do you sell it? What's the budget? Who's the co-star?' She's part of a package within a package."

The photogenic Aniston might lend herself to poster art -- and attracts publicity in the form of those ever-present magazine covers -- but she can't open a film by herself. Her boxoffice track record has more to do with the power of her various male co-stars than anything else.

"Bruce Almighty," which grossed $243 million domestically in 2003, was by far her biggest hit, but that movie was sold as a wacky Jim Carrey comedy with Aniston tagging along as Carrey's fiancee.

She also broke the $100 million mark appearing with Vince Vaughn in "Break-Up," a sort of anti-romantic comedy, and by sharing the screen with Owen Wilson and a lovable dog in "Marley."

But teaming with such lesser lights as Steve Zahn in last year's "Management," which received only a token release, and Aaron Eckhart in September's "Love Happens," Aniston hasn't been able to drag movies over the finish line by herself. In fact, "Love" opened to the same sort of weekend that greeted "Switch": $8 million.

"On her own, she's not strong enough," one of the producers said. "She's like the cleanup hitter, but you need the rest of the team."

"Switch" was problematic because it isn't a typical rom-com; its father-son plot is as prominent as its romantic resolution. The campaign, in which Aniston had a hand, tried to suggest a bit of an edge instead of just the usual sunny cliches.

The movie opened Friday in 2,012 theaters, one of the lowest screen counts among the weekend's slew of new releases. It had the third-highest per-screen average among the top 10 but placed seventh in a generally lackluster field.

Co-star Bateman earned good reviews in his first major star turn, but that didn't seem to count at the boxoffice.

"Bateman really is the main character, but the movie was judged as a Jennifer Aniston vehicle," one of her admirers said. "Given that, I think it was very generous of her to promote the movie the way she did, especially because people are so fixated about her, which is both a good thing and a bad thing."

Report: Jennifer Aniston to Go Topless in New Movie

by Celebuzz on Aug. 25, 2010 11:15 AM

Jennifer Aniston has never been shy about stripping down for magazine covers, and now it appears that she's ready to do the same on the big screen.

Hollywood Life has obtained the script for Aniston's upcoming project, the Judd Apatow-produced Wanderlust, and included in the story about a displaced Manhattan couple is a scene in which Aniston doffs her top for a good cause.

According to Hollywood Life, the big moment comes when Aniston's character, the city slicker-turned-commune resident Linda, decides to protest the construction of a new Wal-mart by taking off her shirt to stop a slew of bulldozers. Way to strike a sexy blow against the man, Jen!

That isn't the only Aniston Gone Wild moment in the film, either; the leaked script also reveals that Aniston's character not only regularly smokes weed, but engages in a three-way with two women—one of whom is pregnant. Maybe she's taking her career cues from Miley Cyrus these days?

Wanderlust, which co-stars Paul Rudd as Linda's husband George, is due to begin filming this fall. Are you excited to see Aniston cut loose on the big screen?

Does Rachel need the money? I am sure she gets a pretty penny from her Friends residuals, plus she gets paid a lot for the crappy movies and endorsements that she does. Also I am sure she got a pretty penny for becoming the former Mrs Brad Pitt....

Does Rachel need the money? I am sure she gets a pretty penny from her Friends residuals, plus she gets paid a lot for the crappy movies and endorsements that she does. Also I am sure she got a pretty penny for becoming the former Mrs Brad Pitt....

I agree she doesn't need the money -- but I think she's dying for acceptance as a legitimate actress and wants to achieve a level of fame that is definitely (imo) out of her reach...

she ought to be happy with the money!

I agree she doesn't need the money -- but I think she's dying for acceptance as a legitimate actress and wants to achieve a level of fame that is definitely (imo) out of her reach...

she ought to be happy with the money!

I agree she should be happy with the money. Aren't there any actresses anymore who decide to retire before they reach the desperation point? There were several in the old Hollywood days.

I thought she would be better suited on television...after Cougar Town's dismal ratings with her guest starring...not so much now. :shocked: