Maxiemom

Lindsay Lohan still broke and a mess

Michael Lohan arrested, could face felony domestic violence charges

March 22, 2011 | 3:36 pm

Lindsay Lohan's father, Michael Lohan, was arrested Monday after allegedly holding his girlfriend against her will and preventing her from calling authorities. He could face several felony charges for the dispute.

Michael Lohan, who will appear on an upcoming season of VH1's "Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew" for anger-management treatment, was arrested on suspicion of false imprisonment, corporal injury on a cohabitant and preventing a report of victimization, L.A. County Sheriff's Department spokesman Steve Whitmore told L.A. Now.

Lohan, 51, was booked and bail was set at $200,000. Charges have not yet been filed by the L.A. County district attorney's office.

Deputies answered a call to Lohan's West Hollywood apartment at about 9 p.m. in relation to a domestic dispute, Whitmore said. Lohan was arrested later when deputies saw him roaming Santa Monica Boulevard near the sheriff's station.

After he was booked, Lohan was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center to be treated for a "medical condition not related to the incident," the sheriff's department said in a statement. The alleged victim declined medical treatment.

Other reports have said that the altercation involved Lohan's ex-girlfriend Kate Major, whom he allegedly tried to choke with a towel after a violent argument. Major filed a police report against her then-fiance in July, alleging that he'd shoved her over a chair and kicked her during an argument. The charges were dropped in August at Major's request.

Michael Lohan, who has twice done prison time, including once for attempted assault, divorced Lindsay's mother Dina Lohan in 2007.

We've heard "like father, like daughter," but what a way to continue to ride on your kid's coattails -- unless, this is all some twisted plug for the VH1 show. Dr. Drew Pinsky, incidentally, was in Hollywood at the "Super" premiere Monday night.

Lindsay Lohan: I'm Goin' To Trial!

6 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Lindsay Lohan will NOT take the plea deal the judge is offering in her felony grand theft case ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected to Lindsay tell TMZ ... Lindsay met with her lawyer, Shawn Holley Tuesday afternoon. Holley laid out the options but left the decision to Lindsay, who said she's firm about her innocence and wants to push it to the wall at trial.

Lindsay's felony grand theft case will now be assigned to Judge Stephanie Sautner -- who's considered a tough but fair judge -- and the preliminary hearing is set for April 22.

Lindsay faces both jail and prison as the case moves on -- jail, if Judge Sautner decides Lindsay violated her probation, and prison, if Lindsay is convicted of grand theft.

We have been saying Lindsay was crazy not to accept the plea deal, not because she'd be found guilty of grand theft ... but the way the system is set up, Lindsay could be thrown in jail for the probation violation before her grand theft trial.

Here's the good news for Lindsay. If she had accepted a plea deal, she would have been placed on 3 years probation -- and Lindsay staying out of trouble for 3 years is highly improbable.

Fact is ... Lindsay has a credible defense in the grand theft case, and if Judge Sautner agrees NOT to rule on the probation violation until a verdict is reached in the grand theft case, Lindsay could get off scot-free.

You know, the more I hear about this story, the more I think this is not about a theft at all. I think there is a-lot more to this story then is being told. Why would a jewelry store try to sell a piece of evidence to the highest bidder? They must have known they could get in trouble with the law or at the very least hurt their case and not get their property back unless they never wanted their property back in the first place.

I don't know what actually happened, but I guarantee it wasn't a theft. Both sides had some sort of agreement and for whatever reason that fell through so the jewelry store decided to press charges hoping to get something out of the resulting publicity.

To boil it down, I think we are being manipulated big time. I would bet that both sides knew that any case would never stand up in trial, but the resulting publicity would be a boon to both sides.

Edited by alpierce

You know, the more I hear about this story, the more I think this is not about a theft at all. I think there is a-lot more to this story then is being told. Why would a jewelry store try to sell a piece of evidence to the highest bidder? They must have known they could get in trouble with the law or at the very least hurt their case and not get their property back unless they never wanted their property back in the first place.

I don't know what actually happened, but I guarantee it wasn't a theft. Both sides had some sort of agreement and for whatever reason that fell through so the jewelry store decided to press charges hoping to get something out of the resulting publicity.

To boil it down, I think we are being manipulated big time. I would bet that both sides knew that any case would never stand up in trial, but the resulting publicity would be a boon to both sides.

I have a hard time believing that Lindsay would agree to something like this. As it is now, she is virtually un-employable because, among a multitude of reasons, no one can sign her on to do anything as long as her case is pending. I think she pretended to not know the necklace was on her neck, and the employee sincerely forgot because she got so starstruck The key will be the time frame between the time she left the store, and the time she had her buddy return the necklace, AT THE POLICE STATION. Since a search warrant was being issued, there is a helluva lot more to the story than we have heard. I hope there are emails of her denying she has it or refusing to return it.

Lindsay Lohan 'in talks' to play Sharon Tate

Lindsay Lohan playing the victim? Celebrity photographer Tyler Shields is hoping to make it happen.

Shields has confirmed to CNN that he’s directing a film about Charles Manson called “Eyes of a Dreamer,” in which he’ll star as the murderer himself.

According to Shields, he’s currently “in talks” with Lohan to play the role of Sharon Tate. Although no deal has been made, Shields added that he thinks Lohan is the right actress for the job, telling CNN that "she would be great" in the role.

He explained to Entertainment Weekly that her very public ups and downs are part of the appeal. "Sharon Tate was a movie star,” he told EW. “So I want [an actress who] you already have a backstory with. People have a backstory with someone like Lindsay. And I think it’s very relatable.”

Well, she did say she was ready to get back to work again, but no word yet if Lohan will take the job.

Well, she did say she was ready to get back to work again, but no word yet if Lohan will take the job.

She'd probably do the movie for a quart of vodka and a carton of smokes.

Lindsay Lohan playing the victim? Celebrity photographer Tyler Shields is hoping to make it happen.

Shields has confirmed to CNN that he’s directing a film about Charles Manson called “Eyes of a Dreamer,” in which he’ll star as the murderer himself.

According to Shields, he’s currently “in talks” with Lohan to play the role of Sharon Tate. Although no deal has been made, Shields added that he thinks Lohan is the right actress for the job, telling CNN that "she would be great" in the role.

He explained to Entertainment Weekly that her very public ups and downs are part of the appeal. "Sharon Tate was a movie star,” he told EW. “So I want [an actress who] you already have a backstory with. People have a backstory with someone like Lindsay. And I think it’s very relatable.”

Lindsay Lohan is to movie stars as a big mac is to Filet Mignon.

Lindsay Lohan is to movie stars as a big mac is to Filet Mignon.

LOL! But it is sad that everyone, EVERYONE, is exploiting her. All you have to do is tell the press you are considering Hohan for a role in your film-school movie and you get tons of free press.

in which he’ll star as the murderer himself.

Hmm. Has the Ark Music factory started churning out vanity films as well as vanity pop star careers?

Lindsay Lohan lost the Victoria Gotti part:

Visit My Website

But Fiore apparently found negotiating with the actress frustrating.

"I will only ride a merry-go-round with my kids," he told TMZ.

God. She's so delusional that she thinks she's still in demand.

It appears to be a different and presumably much smaller part:

http://www.popeater.com/2011/04/20/lindsay-lohan-gotti-film/

Lindsay Lohan Confirmed for Role in 'Gotti' Film

By Tracey Harrington McCoy Posted Apr 20th 2011 08:30PM

It's (finally) official: Lindsay Lohan will appear in the upcoming 'Gotti: Three Generations' movie. After days of conflicting reports, UsMagazine.com confirmed on Wednesday that the actress will play mafia man John Gotti Jr.'s wife, Kim Gotti, in a two-movie deal. In addition to 'Gotti,' Lohan will also appear in 'Mob Story.'

"We're very pleased to have Lindsay on-board for both of these films," executive producer Marc Fiore said in a statement to UsMagazine. "She has been very enthusiastic about the Gotti project, and after resuming discussions with her, we were impressed by her commitment to the film and felt she would be a perfect Kim Gotti."

Lohan was previously in discussions to play Victoria Gotti, but talks eventually broke down between her management team and the producers. Fiore even announced earlier in the day that negotiations with Lohan had ended and she would not be appearing in the film.

But Lohan patched things up and officially joined the cast. "I'm really excited to be back on set and clear up all the misinterpretations about me and show this is what I love to do," Lohan told the Associated Press. "I think it's such an iconic story. I'm honored to be working with John Travolta and Joe Pesci."

Edited by Maxiemom

Lohan offense is a misdemeanor, judge rules

Actress will stand trial on June 3 for jewelry theft, could face year in jail

Lindsay Lohan was ordered to stand trial in June over her alleged theft of a $2,500 necklace.By ANTHONY McCARTNEY

TODAY staff and wire TODAY staff and wire

updated 16 minutes ago 2011-04-22T22:00:53

LOS ANGELES — A judge on Friday reduced Lindsay Lohan's grand theft case down to a misdemeanor after prosecutors laid out their case against the actress over a necklace reported stolen from a jewelry store.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Stephanie Sautner refused to dismiss the case against Lohan, but said she often sees more serious cases that get reduced to misdemeanors. The misdemeanor has a potential penalty of a year in jail.

"I see the intent here," Sautner said. "I see a level of brazenness with 'Let me see what I can get away with here."

.The judge's decision came after Deputy District Attorney Danette Meyers concluded her case at a preliminary hearing against Lohan. The prosecution called four witnesses, including two police officers who handled Lohan's case.

One officer received the necklace from Lohan's assistant after detectives obtained a search warrant — which was never served — to retrieve it from Lohan's home.

The investigative detective also testified that she verified the actress wore the necklace days after it was taken and was photographed with it by paparazzi.

Lohan's attorney, Shawn Holley, had planned to call the actress' assistant, but opted not to have her testify.

Holley asked Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Stephanie Sautner to dismiss the case against Lohan, saying Meyers hadn't proved Lohan intended to deprive the store of the necklace permanently.

Lindsay Lohan made three visits within a week to a jewelry store that accused her of stealing a costly necklace but never purchased anything before leaving with the item, the shop's owner testified.

Prosecutors and the store have said the necklace is worth $2,500, although Lohan's attorney has challenged the value, noting that the store paid $850 for the jewelry.

Sofia Kaman said she waited a day to report the necklace stolen because Lohan had told her she would return the next day to purchase a ring. The first time Kaman saw Lohan since the Jan. 22 store visit was Friday.

Kaman says she did not have any agreement with Lohan allowing her to leave the store with the necklace.

An associate of Lohan's turned in the necklace to detectives in early February after the investigators obtained a search warrant for the actress' home.

Lohan was wearing two other necklaces in January when she came into the store. Lohan wore both pieces to court on Friday, and took them off at one point while her attorney cross-examined Kaman.

Defense attorney Shawn Holley showed Kaman the necklaces and questioned her about why she didn't notice the actress was still wearing the store's necklace, even though Lohan's neck — and by Holley's description, cleavage — were clearly visible.

"I wasn't looking at her chest," Kaman said. "I was looking at her face."

Holley's cross-examination of Kaman was at times testy, with the judge warning both the store owner and Holley to be more respectful.

While the actress has been criticized for wearing inappropriately clingy or low-cut outfits to previous hearings, on Friday morning she was conservatively dressed in a black long-sleeve shirt, blue trousers and a scarf.

The store owner was also questioned about her decision to license surveillance video for sale. Kaman said she entered into an agreement with a broker who licensed the footage to a commercial images division of The Associated Press, which then licensed it to Entertainment Tonight. Kaman said she has never been paid for the deal, but also admitted she never cleared the deal with detectives investigating the case.

RadarOnline.com reported that Kamofie & Co. was advised to close Friday "for security reasons" and that some "minor threats" had been made against the store.

Lohan, 24, has been a courthouse fixture since last May when she missed a hearing in her drunken driving case. Since then, two judges have sent her to jail twice and rehab, also twice.

Kamofie reported its necklace stolen roughly three weeks after Lohan was released from treatment at the Betty Ford Center, where she also encountered trouble. A rehab worker accused Lohan of battery during an argument in which the worker told authorities Lohan had missed curfew and was caught with two other girls who admitted they had been drinking.

Prosecutors declined to file charges in that incident.

On Wednesday, Fiore Films announced it had cast the actress to play the wife of John Gotti Jr., the son of the infamous mob boss dubbed the "Teflon Don," in a biopic of the family. The project, title, "Gotti: Three Generations," is scheduled to begin shooting later this year in Lohan's native New York.

In an interview with the AP, Lohan said she was eager to put her court cases behind her and once again be known as an actress.

"I'm really excited to be back on set and clear up all the misinterpretations about me and show this is what I love to do," Lohan said.

"I think in the past, I had a lot of distractions," she said. "I've learned a lot. I've lived a lot. When I'm on set, it's about the film."

She is so going to walk <_<

Edited by branchop

TMZ

5 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Judge Stephanie Sautner just threw the book at Lindsay Lohan for her probation violation, sentencing her to 120 days in county jail!!!

Lindsay has been remanded into custody and taken to the basement of the courthouse for booking.

Lohan was also ordered to complete 480 days of community service -- 360 of those hours must be performed at the Downtown Women's Center, so Lindsay can see how needy women have to live. The remaining 120 hours will be served at the L.A. County morgue.

Judge Sautner explained that Lindsay should have called the story and notified the owners about the necklace sooner. She waited several weeks and returned the necklace after finding out the cops were about to raid her house.

Sautner seemed influenced by the surveillance video, which she saw for the first time in court today.

TMZ

UPDATE 4:30 PM PT: You know things are bad when ... Michael Lohan runs by all the cameras without talking and then takes off in his car ... which he just did.

TMZ

UPDATE 4:30 PM PT: You know things are bad when ... Michael Lohan runs by all the cameras without talking and then takes off in his car ... which he just did.

Am I wrong for loving this?

TMZ

Am I wrong for loving this?

Nope.

So, can she appeal the community service too? That sure is a loooonnnnggg time to be spending scrubbing toilets and ladeling soup. I think she'll be a no-show after a couple days, and THAT will land her back in jail. (Why should it be any different than alcohol education? And when exactly is the next Cannes film festival.....?)

I love how she has to serve the morgue. I am hoping that she doesn't get out of this somehow...

Wasn't she sentenced to community service at the morgue for one of her other cases? If so, lesson clearly not learned.

Lindsay Lohan -- "Blindsided" By Jail Sentence

Lindsay Lohan got sentenced to jail yesterday, you're not alone -- sources close to LiLo tell us no one was more shocked than she was.

Lindsay was sentenced to 120 days in jail yesterday by Judge Stephanie Sautner she was bailed out of Lynwood Correctional Facility after spending five hours inside.

Sources close to Lindsay tell us she was under the impression she'd be going home after the hearing ... and was "blindsided" when she got sentenced. We're told Lindsay described the situation as "ridiculous" and "f**ked up."

According to our sources, Lindsay spent her Saturday with her sister, Ali, and her brother, Michael Jr.

We're told Lindsay is glad she's not behind bars (for the moment) and is looking forward to appealing.

So is she going to go to jail or not? I swear if she gets out of this I'll lose my f'ing mind. :angry3:

I've just read this on MSN .......

Lindsay Lohan has been released on bail from a Los Angeles County jail, just hours after she was sentenced to 120 days for violating her probation.

According to the sheriff department's website, Lohan was released on 75,000 US dollars bail.

Earlier, a judge reduced the actress' charge from felony grand theft to a misdemeanour for allegedly taking a designer necklace from an upscale Venice store.

Lohan's solicitor, Shawn Holley, filed a notice of appeal before court closed, clearing the way for the actress' release within hours.

Earlier, judge Stephanie Sautner also ordered Lohan to serve more than 400 hours of community service, including 300 hours at a women's centre.

Ms Sautner refused to dismiss the theft case against Lohan, but said she often sees more serious cases that get reduced to lesser charges.

"I see the intent here," Ms Sautner said. "I see a level of brazenness with 'Let me see what I can get away with here'."

Ms Sautner ruled that prosecutors had shown that Lohan violated her probation, but also said in reducing the charge that she was going to give the actress "an opportunity." Lohan entered a not guilty plea.

The Mean Girls star arrived at the courthouse wearing a black long-sleeve shirt, blue trousers and a scarf.

Lohan has been a courthouse fixture since last May when she missed a hearing in her drunken driving case. Since then, two judges have sent her to jail twice and rehab, also twice.