Avalon

Brittany Murphy's Husband Dead

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/celeb...and-dead-report

LATEST: Brittany Murphy's widower has been found dead.

Simon Monjack - who was left devastated when his actress wife died last December aged just 32 - was discovered unconscious by Brittany's mother Sharon at his Los Angeles home last night (local time) at around 9.30pm.

She immediately dialled 911 but Simon, 39, was pronounced dead by paramedics after attempts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful.

It is believed he suffered a heart attack and his passing is being treated by Los Angeles police as unexplained.

A death investigation is now underway, according to website TMZ.

Autopsy Results: Brittany Murphy's Mom Breathes Sigh of Relief

By Eunice Oh

Thursday July 22, 2010 12:45 PM EDT

people.com

The mother of Brittany Murphy says she's grateful her son-in-law's preliminary autopsy findings have been released, so that "the media speculations can stop."

"As I was sure of, just like my daughter Brittany, there was no kind of drug overdose [for Simon Monjack]," Sharon Murphy said in a statement Wednesday.

The Los Angeles County Coroner found that the May 23 death of Monjack, 40, was caused by acute pneumonia and severe anemia – the same two causes of Murphy's death five months earlier, CNN reports.

"I am calling on the media to stop the reckless innuendos, that my daughter and son-in-law misused any kind of prescription medications," adds Sharon, who previously told PEOPLE her daughter never abused drugs.

Though she is "still in shock and mourning" over Murphy's and Monjack's deaths, Sharon thanks fans for their prayers. "I am getting stronger every day," she says.

See what other readers have to say about this story – or leave a comment of your own

people.com

....The coroner's office said pneumonia was the primary cause of Murphy's death but anemia and multiple drug intoxication were contributing factors.

Asked for the cause of death for Monjack, Coroner Assistant Chief Ed Winter told CNN, "Just like Brittany." Winter added that some prescription drugs were found in his system but not in lethal levels......

This really strikes me as being more than coincidental. Pneumonia and anemia? It sounds like a side-effect of prolonged drug abuse.

This really strikes me as being more than coincidental. Pneumonia and anemia? It sounds like a side-effect of prolonged drug abuse.

Well, more to the point, they had the SAME cause of death, a few months apart? And not a "normal" cause of death, like heart attack? I'm no pathologist (thank goodness) but that seems very very odd to me.

wouldn't it make a great "true hollywood stories" segment if Brittany's mother turned out to be the culprit? She stood to inherit everything, didn't she? I was also suspicious when Simon moved with her to New York after Brittany's death. It seemed like there was more to the relationship than in-laws. :jawdrop:

I read something today (maybe TMZ) about mold in the house having been investigated at the time of her death and now being re-examined by the health department as a possible contributing factor in the pneumonia.

I read something today (maybe TMZ) about mold in the house having been investigated at the time of her death and now being re-examined by the health department as a possible contributing factor in the pneumonia.

I can see it now...."The Chinese Drywall Defense."

wouldn't it make a great "true hollywood stories" segment if Brittany's mother turned out to be the culprit? She stood to inherit everything, didn't she? I was also suspicious when Simon moved with her to New York after Brittany's death. It seemed like there was more to the relationship than in-laws. :jawdrop:

Perhaps the mother-in-law....

Did Simon Monjack Drain Brittany Murphy's Finances?

By Michelle Tauber

Update Wednesday July 28, 2010 11:15 AM EDT Originally posted Wednesday July 28, 2010 09:00 AM EDT

people.com

The sad saga of Brittany Murphy is growing even more grim.

Six months after the 32-year-old actress's death in December from pneumonia, anemia and multiple-drug intoxication, new allegations are surfacing about her controversial husband, the late British film producer Simon Monjack.

Murphy's former business manager Jeffrey Morgenroth tells PEOPLE that Monjack drained his deceased wife's cash reserves by 80 percent before his own death from anemia and pneumonia in May.

As a result, Murphy's mom Sharon, 57, is facing financial uncertainty, says Morgenroth.

"There were huge amounts of money in [brittany's] pension plan and bank account, and all of that's gone," says Morgenroth. "I would see it on the statements. There was money being withdrawn by Simon, hundreds of thousands."

Even in the wake of Monjack's death, trouble followed. Jeannette Bycott, an assistant to Morgenroth, says she witnessed a scene in which Monjack's mother Linda ordered Sharon to leave the couple's Hollywood Hills house.

"Linda started acting like everything belongs to her," says Bycott. "Before Sharon could say anything, Linda stated the house was now hers."

Linda Monjack, who is grieving the loss of her son, denies any wrongdoing by either her or Simon, telling PEOPLE from her home in England, "If there is money missing I have no idea where it is."

Adds Linda, "He didn't get much, maybe a few hundred dollars, and he paid off his debts with it. He was spending his time crying his eyes out most of the time. He was in a terrible state."

Fishy and Weird

Beyond the financial disputes, Morgenroth also echoes reports from many of Murphy's friends that Monjack maintained tight control over his wife.

He recalls one incident in which Brittany needed to sign a tax form. "I went down to the deadline and delivered it personally, and I couldn't even see Brittany," says Morgenroth, who alleges that Monjack also cut off his wife's cell phone. "Simon took [the form] from me. The excuse was her hair was messed up. I was at the front door and Brittany [called down] and said, 'Hi Jeff, sorry I couldn't see you, bye.' It sounded fishy and weird."

But for Sharon, who was extraordinarily close to her only daughter and son-in-law, such allegations are still hard to believe, says Morgenroth.

"She'll say, 'I can't talk about that now,' " says Morgenroth. "I'm trying to get her to understand that the bank account has this amount. She was looking at the pension statement and I said, 'Look. There are almost no zeros there.' She needs guidance on how to deal with things."

Brittany Murphy's Mom -- Shared Bed with Monjack :vomit2: :vomit2: :vomit2:

40 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brittany Murphy's mother told investigators that she shared a bed with her daughter's husband Simon Monjack after Brittany passed away ... this according to sources close to the investigation.

The L.A. Coroner's Office just released their report on Simon Monjack's death.

In the report, the investigator documents an exchange with a person whose name has been withheld -- but whom law enforcement sources have identified as Brittany's mother, Sharon Murphy.

According to the report, the investigator and the unnamed person (Sharon) were going through the master bedroom in the Hollywood Hills home that Simon shared with Brittany ... when (Sharon) pointed to one side of Simon's bed and identified it as "her side of the bed."

Sharon also told the investigator that certain prescriptions in the nightstand -- bearing the names Sharon Murphy and Sharon Monjack -- were also hers.

The report doesn't suggest sexual contact between the two.

I just knew it! Sharon was up to no good with her son-in-law. Wretched woman. (I think she was involved with Monjack before Brittany's death.) Now she's alone and has no money from the estate. Serves her right. I hope they investigate her to the fullest extent.

WTF!!??!! Prescription bottle with the name Sharon Monjack?? Are you kidding me? There needs to be another autopsy performed on Simon. I wonder if Simon and Sharon were in cahoots to end Brittany's life using some type of undetectable drug and then Sharon turned the tables on Simon with the same method?

Something smells very bad here....

I think it's bobbyd's "happy faces" barfing all over each other.

:4biggrin:

C'mon though...that's ewww...I mean really...ewww...Mother-in-Law sleeping in same bed with Son-In-Law? I mean I could see that if they were in a trailer park in Arkansas...maybe.

It's not even that, one time for whatever reason - ok. But "that's my side of the bed". WTF?!?!?!

Brittany Murphy's Mom ... Booked

11/10/2010 12:07 AM PST by TMZ Staff

Brittany Murphy would have been 33-years-old today -- and to honor her memory, the actress' mother has decided to write a book on her life ... TMZ has learned.

In a statement through her rep, Sharon Murphy tells us, "This book will be my way of celebrating and honoring her extraordinary life and career."

Sharon insists the biography will be an "accurate account about my daughter, her life, loves, and career."

Murphy claims a portion of her profits from the book will be donated to charity. So far, no release date has been set.