Sign in to follow this  
princess

Project Runway Season 8 (premiers July 2010)

Love that Casanova & Peaches got the best reviews :)

Totally thought Gretchen was going home, can't believe they didn't send her home. :censored:

Did you hear Tim's rant at the end?!?! :shocked: He basically slammed Gretchen which I loved (and did you see Michael's C's face in the background?? :D). Love that Gretchen said she was "hurt", after all the slamming she did just minutes before. I don't think Tim has ever said anything like that before about a designer on the show.

I totally loved that Tim went off on Gretchen. She deserved to be taken down a peg. I thought I was going to throw up when she started crying to the judges -- and hope to hell that the judges saw her "butter won't melt in my mouth" two-face that she is.

As much as I don't like her attitude, she can design (although last night's collection was god awful - grandpa sweater and Maude vest? Really? Seriously?) and that's why they kept her. AJ was at the bottom each week and I don't think the judges (obviously) felt like the wanted or needed to see more of him.

It will be interesting to see how she and Tim interact with each other and how the members of Team Luxe interact with Michael C after they took thier cue from Gretchen and threw him under the bus (not that he didn't deserve it.)

Just an observation here but did you notice at the beginning of the season that Gretchen's make-up wasn't all glammed up, but when she got all uppity the make up got all heavy, after being slammed by Tim, the make up was missing?

Posted Image

Casanova's winning look.

Posted Image

This was the only sorta okay looking outfit I thought on the loosing team, although you could see the blouse bunnies running around underneath with every step!

I know designers have been catty in the past towards each other but some in this group are just vicious. As I said before, they don't just critique, they stand in judgement and make proclamations! I hate that kind of group mentality at any age.

I agree they kept her because she is the stronger designer. I'm not sure she should have been in the bottom two but maybe the judges had had enough as well and felt it was time to knock her down to size as a warning.

As for the pants, blouse and jacket above, anybody else immediate picture Kate Blanchett in The Aviator? And what was with so many blouses fitting terribly especially when tucked in?

Michael C won again - why do they all hate him so much? I wasn't crazy about the dress, but he seems nice enough. He sure inspires a lot of venom! I think that's been the extra 30 minutes this season - everyone's comments!

Michael C won again - why do they all hate him so much? I wasn't crazy about the dress, but he seems nice enough. He sure inspires a lot of venom! I think that's been the extra 30 minutes this season - everyone's comments!

The mean spitefullness of this group is just off the charts! They're not even objective anymore ~ they just attack. I was actually hoping Gretchen would quit when she said "why am I even here?!"

I thought Michael should have been 2nd or 3rd but hell, I'm okay with his being first. I'm okay with the judges doing it week after week just to spite these people and then wait till the end to give it to Mondo or Chris.

I loved Peach. Bye bye Peach!

Yeah, I'm happy Michael C. won. I think Mondo SHOULD have won but loved how pissed everyone was about it. I hate Gretchen but I'm sure she'll make it to the finale because she actually is talented.

I really liked Peach too but it was time for her to go.

Edited by daq

Seriously looking like a school yard and everyone is picking on the little kid Michael C. WTF?!?!

Did NOT like Gretchen's outfit this time at all... (which she's a &^%$ but yeah, she can design most of the time....)

Do agree that I would have voted for Mondo (although below photo is not great shot of it).

Posted Image

Ivy, Ivy, Ivy. Get over yourself. The more she was talking this past show I was like " Hey Pot meet Kettle." I wanted to slap her silly when she said "of course you did" when Michael C came in and said that he had won.

I did not think Michael C should have won but was glad that he did. I wish though that the people backstage could hear was was being said about the ones who won and lost.

I was sorry to see Peach go as she was very classy. But compared to the other ones on the show I would go with her age and maturity factor for the way she handled herself.

Old article, but found this interesting. I wonder how Vogue vs. Elle sales are doing these days....

Is Anna Wintour Ready to Retire?

Gawker

Nov 18, 2008

Before Devil Wears Prada was filmed, before Project Runway made its reality television debut, before fashion grew beyond even the prominent role she had envisioned for it, Anna Wintour was compared in the Times to George W. Bush. It was one of Maureen Dowd's absurdly tortured analogies, but one of the rare ones that today sounds less ridiculous: If Page Six's source is to be believed, the Vogue editor is, like Bush, about to step away from the monster she's created, leaving to a more glamorous successor the job of revival. There is plenty to be done:

* Wintour famously passed on the chance to cooperate with the launch of Project Runway four years ago; by September Runway partner Elle was well on its way to passing Vogue in total ad pages, growing while Wintour's magazine was shrinking.

* Vogue's belated (but semi-successful!) reality show response, Model.Live, was masterminded by worried Vogue publisher Tom Florio, not Wintour.

* Those hussies at Elle launched their own cable show imitating an imitation of an imitation of Wintour. And she's not even getting royalties and whatnot!

* Vogue this year was beset by a series of ill-advised covers.

* Wintour was publicly snubbed in Europe for being an arrogant cultural imperialist.

* Men's Vogue fell in the Great Magazine Die-Off and, according to Page Six, Wintour didn't even have the energy to mount a vicious internal turf war. Sad!

Worst of all, the Times not two months ago profiled one of the bevy of smart young Euroskanks angling to push Wintour out the door (an elegant Russian with a Ph.D.), so when Wintour goes to recommend a replacement to Conde Nast boss Si Newhouse, as Page Six said she plans to do, he might just ignore her and go off in his own direction. (Maybe the editor of sexy Vogue India?)

Vogue's people deny everything, but leaving the magazine makes so much sense for Wintour: She gets to exit while the magazine is still on top; she doesn't have to learn how to effectively publish on this cesspool they call the internet; and Wintour will finally have time to close the deal on one of her many crushes. If the editor hasn't considered these positive aspects of retirement, she ought to, because someone at Conde Nast thinks she should!

Anna Wintour Unleashes Her Wrath On Tim Gunn

jezebel

Anna Wintour Unleashes Her Wrath On Tim GunnToday on Live With Regis And Kelly, Tim Gunn was asked to name the worst diva behavior he's ever witnessed. Unsurprisingly, he pointed to Anna Wintour, who isn't happy about Tim revealing her penchant for being carried by bodyguards.

In June, Tim told the press about what he saw after a Peter Som show:

I was with a colleague from Parsons, and we had been discussing the will-she-or-won't-she-take-the-elevator question, so we ran over to the elevator bay to see if Anna would deign to get on. She wasn't there. Then we looked over the stairway railing. And what did we see but Anna being carried down the stairs. The bodyguards had made a fireman's lock and were racing her from landing to landing. She was sitting on their crossed arms.

Tim tells Regis and Kelly that after reading this comment, Anna went "ballistic," and demanded an apology. After being contacted by Anna's rep, Tim said he didn't mean to imply she doesn't know how to "work a Manolo." However, he refused to retract the statement, saying, "Accept responsibility for your own behavior. If you're going to be carried down five flights of stairs, own up to it."

You can watch the video here.

Tim Gunn Continues To Wage War On Anna Wintour

jezebel

Tim Gunn is a man who no longer needs to please anyone but himself. How else should we read his insanely entertaining shit-talking about Anna Wintour, which last night on The Daily Show extended to all of Condé Nast?

In this clip, Gunn tells Jon Stewart that Vogue's parent company must be "aberrant," given how much attention it gets, but that the company would do well to stock up on straitjackets.

Maybe Gunn's tired of the fashion insiders who sniffed at television popularizing their industry — before they came crawling at its feet. After all, Wintour did turn down Project Runway. Or maybe he just really knows how to promote a book. Either way, we like it.

You can watch the video here/

people.com

In a shimmering gray mini-dress,

[Jessica] Simpson

joined judges Michael Kors, Nina Garcia and Heidi Klum on the catwalk, then got down to business, evaluating the looks of the show’s finalists. But since only six Runway episodes have aired so far on Lifetime, all 10 of the remaining designers presented collections so that the results of the finale will not be revealed.

I put the finale guest judge hidden in case you don't want to be spoiled. Usually when fashion week happens there are only 4 or 5 designers left in the TV show, did they start this season late?? :3huh:

Haven't read any of the comments yet, haven't seen this week's episode yet. My big Friday nite plans are to watch it :D

"I'm in a witness protection program."

– Project Runway's Tim Gunn, on his relationship with Vogue editor Anna Wintour after she read an unflattering anecdote about herself in his new book Gunn's Golden Rules, to Live! With Regis and Kelly

:angry3: Ivey should have been eliminated!!

Totally - her outfit was awful!!!

I think Casanova should have been eliminated a long time ago -- but if it was between him and Ivy this week, it should have been Ivy. Not only was her outfit lacking in any type of shape, construction or color, she should have been eliminated for throwing her partner under the bus after he was a class act and talked her up to the judges.

Who are we liking for the final three

I am thinking Mondo and Gretchen -0- haven't decided on a third - Andy maybe?

What is the deal with everyone throwing each other under the bus?!?!

I do love that Michael C. and Mondo got along after spending more than 5 mins together. Think Mondo, et al. has figured out everyone is picking on Michael C. because of mob mentality & gossip?!?!

Nina Garcia Sides With Anna Wintour -- not Tim Gunn -- in Feud

Tuesday – September 14, 2010 – 3:46pm

US Mag

Does Nina Garcia have Project Runway pal Tim Gunn's back or not?

Runway judge Garcia offered her support to Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour, whom host Gunn claims was carried down five flights of stairs by bodyguards after a 2006 NYC fashion show.

"To be honest with you, I haven't seen Anna being carried," Garcia told UsMagazine.com at Monday's Carolina Herrera Spring 2011 fashion show at NYC's Lincoln Center. "I really have no comment about her being carried or not," she added of Gunn's charge, written in his new book.

Garcia, a Marie Claire editor, gushed on about the fashionista: "She's a brilliant woman who has done great things for fashion...I am a big admirer of her and think she's done great things for the business."

In his book Gunn's Golden Rules, Gunn writes that, at a Peter Som fashion show, he saw Wintour eschew the common-folk elevator to be "carried down the stairs. The bodyguards had made a fireman's lock and were racing her from landing to landing. She was sitting on their crossed arms."

Looking out the window, Gunn observed Wintour being "carried her to the car. And I thought: 'I will never forget this.'"

On Live with Regis and Kelly last week, Gunn claimed that Wintour went "ballistic" when she heard of his claims, and demanded he apologize and make a retraction.

Gunn didn't back down. "Accept responsibility for your own behavior," he said on the talk show. "If you're going to be carried down five flights of stairs, own up to it."

"To be honest with you, I haven't seen Anna being carried," Garcia told UsMagazine.com at Monday's Carolina Herrera Spring 2011 fashion show at NYC's Lincoln Center. "I really have no comment about her being carried or not," she added of Gunn's charge, written in his new book.

Garcia, a Marie Claire editor, gushed on about the fashionista: "She's a brilliant woman who has done great things for fashion...I am a big admirer of her and think she's done great things for the business."

In his book Gunn's Golden Rules, Gunn writes that, at a Peter Som fashion show, he saw Wintour eschew the common-folk elevator to be "carried down the stairs. The bodyguards had made a fireman's lock and were racing her from landing to landing. She was sitting on their crossed arms."

umm, I am not sure how this should be construed as "supporting" Wintour in the story. Saying that she has no comment seems to give the impression that she is trying to avoid "supporting" either party.

As far as the compliment -- Garcia may be trying to leave open her options she has already been aufed from Elle, if she is ever aufed from Marie Claire there are only so many other places she can go.

Team Tim.

Garcia may be trying to leave open her options she has already been aufed from Elle, if she is ever aufed from Marie Claire there are only so many other places she can go.

Garcia doesn't work for Elle anymore? :3huh:

Garcia may be trying to leave open her options she has already been aufed from Elle, if she is ever aufed from Marie Claire there are only so many other places she can go.

Nope -- she is fashion director for Marie Claire now.

from you post above -

As i remember it was quite the bruhaha when she left Elle.

As for last night's show, I can't believe that I am saying this, but I thought Ivy should have won. I liked Mondo's suit but that over sized herringbone made his model look like she had an oversized ass (did like the suit tho.)

I see Mondo in the final three.

Edited by tyler

Nope -- she is fashion director for Marie Claire now.

from you post above -

As i remember it was quite the bruhaha when she left Elle.

Wow, I totally missed that. Might have to go dig up some dirt on that later today :)

Saw last night's show, have to say not really impressed with any of the designers this season. Yeah, Lily had the best outfit I thought (minus the jacket), but still not crazy about any of them....