princess

Tom Cruise & Katie Homes 5 Year Anniversary Nov 2011

Tom Cruise & Katie Homes 5 Year Anniversary Nov 2011  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Voted Renewal...her career hasn't necessarily lit up the sky. She stays until that (if it will ever happen).

I voted expired. Before she married Tom only teenie boppers and us celeb watchers knew who she was for the most part. Now the entire world knows her name. Mission accomplished (sorry, I had to use the pun!). She'll be smart and make her big move like Penelope Cruz did AFTER the breakup.

I think they'll wait a month or two before splitting; they don't want to be obvious about the contract drawing to a close at Year Five. But it's definitely going to end. She looks more and more bored with each passing photo.

Yeah, I don't expect it to be the actual day on the dot, but within a few months kinda thing too.

That ceremony in Italy was only a ceremony, not a legal marriage. Camp Crazy said they also had a simple marriage performed in CA. I wonder if they ever really did.

That ceremony in Italy was only a ceremony, not a legal marriage. Camp Crazy said they also had a simple marriage performed in CA. I wonder if they ever really did.

huh...

huh...

They are right. Overseas marriages are not legally recognized over here in America. They had to have another ceremony here in the sates. Did they ever do that?

Overseas marriages are not legally recognized over here in America.

That's not precisely true. There are ways a legal marriage in another country can be recognized as a legal marriage in the USA as well. But none of us think that what Cruise & Holmes had in Italy was a legal marriage ceremony, so that's really moot.

It will end on time. The marriage didn't have the intended effect for either of them, as the dismal box office (relatively speaking) on Knight and Day, as well as other bombs, attests.

Okay... Who's the one sucker who voted that they won't do anything exept maybe renew theyre vows 'cuz theyre in love? :shocked: :rolleyes: :threeblindmice:

Okay... Who's the one sucker who voted that they won't do anything exept maybe renew theyre vows 'cuz theyre in love? :shocked: :rolleyes: :threeblindmice:

I was thinking the same thing :D On this board, you know they're hiding (or BobbyD did it as a joke) :D

Way back when, we use to joke that I had the ChitChat Bitch Slapping Services. When a celeb said something really stupid, I would be offered a fee to go fly out to the celeb, bitch slap them, then come home. I believe we were up to the millions of $$ for 'ol Tommy Cruise, but I said I'd do that one for free :D

Posted Image

FAN MALE

Call him their Knight in shining armor! Tom Cruise poses with fans Wednesday at the Munich, Germany premiere of Knight and Day, which also stars Cameron Diaz

So Katie has been on set filming while he travels the world promoting... Are we lining up the chess board?

Something looks wrong about the hair. did he get plugs?

It's longer and darker with some fabulous highlights.

Posted Image

'KNIGHT' CAP

Ditching the red carpet for greener pastures Friday, Knight and Day costars Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz stroll through the vineyards at the Château Smith-Haut-Laffite in Bordeaux, France.

Am I the only one lost in his PR stunts these day??

sfgate.com

Katie Holmes' rep denies pregnancy reports -- again

Katie Holmes' publicist has once again shot down reports the actress is expecting her second child with Tom Cruise.

A spokesperson for the "Dawson's Creek" star was forced to dismiss pregnancy rumors earlier this year after Holmes was spotted leaving a doctor's office with what appeared to be a bloated stomach.

And the rep has spoken out again following recent tabloid reports, which suggested the star was expecting a little brother or sister for the couple's 4-year-old daughter Suri after she was seen patting her stomach on the set of her new TV miniseries "The Kennedys."

The publicist tells GossipCop.com, "Unbelievable. (She is) not pregnant."

Just a reminder of the rumored agreement....

Celebitchy

Nov 14, 2007

The National Enquirer has a cover story this week yelling all about Tom and Katie’s $600 million marriage contract in those bright yellow all-caps fonts the tabloids are favoring lately. I’m not sure if this is a new story or one of those recycled and embellished tales that we’ve already partially heard, but Katie doesn’t get the over 1/2 billion unless she’s shackled to diminutive Tom for life. She supposedly signed a contract granting her a per-year bonus to encourage her to stick around. This sounds familiar, but since I want to push off any potential Britney coverage on JayBird and am not interested in covering Ellen Pompeo’s quickie wedding, you’ll bear with me:

The contract, which reportedly runs about 100 pages long, was hammered out by Tom’s attorneys and Katie’s representative, sources say.

In it, Tom is said to have pledged a sliding scale of bonus-like payments to Katie based on the number of years they’re wed. But the… star sweetened the pot considerably to keep Katie out of divorce court. Just by reaching the one-year milestone, Katie is guaranteed up to $70 million, said the source. “If the marriage lasts five years, she could get an estimated $10 million extra, which would bump her divorce payoff up to $80 million,” added the source.

“If Tom and Katie are still happily married after a decade, she would collect a possible $100 million should the relationship later collapse.

[From The National Enquirer, print edition, November 19, 2007]

The article goes on to say that if Tom and Katie are married for life, Katie will get half. Tom’s fortune is currently estimated at $600 million, but it could double over the next decade due to his job as a studio head at United Artists.

And Katie has “reportedly already received $3 million, plus a $35 million Beverly Hills mansion, as a present for giving birth to Suri,” they add. Plus she’ll get a bonus for each child.

Predictably there is also a non-disclosure clause stating that she can’t provide any personal information about Tom or talk about the weird shit she witnessed once they split up.

I think The Enquirer is just rehashing an old story, but it’s interesting enough. It seems like they’re trying to get Katie to stick around since she gets $70 million for the first year but has to wait four more years to meet the next payoff benchmark of an additional $10 million. It hardly seems worth it if she’s already pocketing $70 million for her trouble.

In Touch Weekly claims to have an exclusive this week with “Tom’s Secrets Revealed,” but the story is little more than the already-known news that Andrew Morton’s much-anticipated biography of Tom is coming out January 15. In Touch does have a quote from a representative from the publishing company saying “It’s going to be explosive,” and “No one has dared to write a book like this. So it’s going to really be dealing with stuff no one has written about before.” [From In Touch, print edition, November 19, 2007]

We reported yesterday that author Morton has sold his home and gone into hiding due to threats from Scientology goons, who play dirty with everyone who dares question their scary cult’s practices. As for how Katie is handling the potential crisis, In Touch speculates that she “likely worries that the author will readdress rumors about the paternity of their daughter, Suri,” and they quote a supposed source as saying that “the rumors are really, really breaking her heart.”

I think she should take the $70 million and run, but maybe she’s holding out for the bonus. She has expensive taste now and surely that plays right into Tom’s hands.

Tom and Katie are shown on 11/6/07 at Museum Of The Moving Image Black Tie Salute Honoring Tom Cruise. Thanks to PRPhotos.