princess

Mel Gibson

I agree with Bobby D that this should not be played out in public. What I would like to know is if the dentist is required by law to report suspected abuse to the authorities. Aren't doctors supposed to report any signs of physical abuse to the police? Why did Oksana release this information to the media BEFORE contacting authorities? Something smells funky here and I think the dentist is somehow more involved in this disgusting saga than just repairing her teeth. I get a fame-whore vibe from him. I'm done with this topic.

I agree with Bobby D that this should not be played out in public. What I would like to know is if the dentist is required by law to report suspected abuse to the authorities. Aren't doctors supposed to report any signs of physical abuse to the police? Why did Oksana release this information to the media BEFORE contacting authorities? Something smells funky here and I think the dentist is somehow more involved in this disgusting saga than just repairing her teeth. I get a fame-whore vibe from him. I'm done with this topic.

Yes, I believe the dentist would be required to make a report.

No one is saying that she -- or anyone -- deserves to be hit or be spoken to as Mel spoke to Oksana.

However, I absolutly think it's fair say that while no person should be treated that way, Okana also seems like a vile creature in her own right. Just because shes a victim of domestic abuse, doesn't mean that we have to say that she is a lovely human being.

Whoa - I don't know if that comment was directed at me, as the GIANT CAPS came right after my post. I certainly didn't defend him. My point wasn't that she deserved it, but rather that the vocal discrepancies on the tape can probably be attributed to the fact that she was heavily coached in what to elicit/say/etc. She certainly DOES seem like a gold-digging bitch because of the way this is being farmed out to the public, because of the fact that there appear to be discrepancies in the story, and because of the fact that she may have tried to extort him to hush up the tapes. This comment "I'm also guessing that after the first time he called her all crazy, she figured this was her ticket" was in reference to the fact that she knew he was a whack job and it was in her best interest (whether that be financial or legal or custody wise) to document those actions. That's not saying she deserved it, that's saying she knew it was something he would do again and she could then document. And I am still not suprised that the ex wife backed him up. Not because of some grand scheme to defend Mel's actions because I think the girlfriend deserved it, but because it sounds to me - in my unexpert opionion - that he is under the influence of something mind altering. And if he wasn't that addicted/using while married, maybe he never did that before.

Whoa - I don't know if that comment was directed at me, as the GIANT CAPS came right after my post. I certainly didn't defend him. My point wasn't that she deserved it, but rather that the vocal discrepancies on the tape can probably be attributed to the fact that she was heavily coached in what to elicit/say/etc. She certainly DOES seem like a gold-digging bitch because of the way this is being farmed out to the public, because of the fact that there appear to be discrepancies in the story, and because of the fact that she may have tried to extort him to hush up the tapes. This comment "I'm also guessing that after the first time he called her all crazy, she figured this was her ticket" was in reference to the fact that she knew he was a whack job and it was in her best interest (whether that be financial or legal or custody wise) to document those actions. That's not saying she deserved it, that's saying she knew it was something he would do again and she could then document. And I am still not suprised that the ex wife backed him up. Not because of some grand scheme to defend Mel's actions because I think the girlfriend deserved it, but because it sounds to me - in my unexpert opionion - that he is under the influence of something mind altering. And if he wasn't that addicted/using while married, maybe he never did that before.

Well said, Dixie. The fact that she made the tapes is bad enough, because there was clearly a motive behind it, and extortion makes the most sense. The fact that she denies leaking them makes her even more disgusting. I crack up at her comments on one of the tapes "you've ruined my reputation." Wow.

at first I thought it looked really suspicious that the tapes were leaked to the press. But then I thought, Mel's pretty powerful in Hollywood, maybe she's afraid that it will get pushed under the rug if Mel flashes some money at it; on the other hand, he won't be able to make this go away if the whole world knows it.

(For the record, I'm not a fan of either of them...just trying to rationalize things. I just want the two of them to go away.)

at first I thought it looked really suspicious that the tapes were leaked to the press. But then I thought, Mel's pretty powerful in Hollywood, maybe she's afraid that it will get pushed under the rug if Mel flashes some money at it; on the other hand, he won't be able to make this go away if the whole world knows it.

(For the record, I'm not a fan of either of them...just trying to rationalize things. I just want the two of them to go away.)

Good point, fyk. But keep in mind Mel's influence isn't at all what it used to be (he was just dropped by the powerful agency, WME following the death of superagent Ed Limato). He did get arrested before in Malibu...I was surprised that even his mugshot and tirade got out back then, thanks to TMZ having an insider within the Sheriff's department who leaked the info. I think TMZ would get the info again if it went to the authorities first. Love TMZ or hate 'em...very little gets past them in this day and age. :blink:

Thanks, Annabeast. :1smile:

I would kill for an animated gif of her breaking down in the court room. Geez...am I wrong for that? :4biggrin:

Not at all, BobbyD. :D

That shot of Paris Hilton bawling in the back of the police car from the World Cup would make a pretty cool avatar too if not for my severe dislike of her.

Thanks, Annabeast. :1smile:

I would kill for an animated gif of her breaking down in the court room. Geez...am I wrong for that? :4biggrin:

Heck no-I was wondering if she had some of that stuff actors use to help them cry on cue.

No "experts" have as yet examined the actual tapes, AFAIK. I think Mel was on a speakerphone, which would explain why his voice sounds so different. Oksana might have been making the tapes to ensure she kept custody of their daughter, rather than extortion.

Note also, that the ex-Mrs. Gibson said he had never physically abused her or their kids. She said nothing about emotional abuse.

My comment was directed at many posters, not just one person.

Making it public evens the playing field. Mel has power. Maybe not what he had before, but he has it. We wouldn’t have known about Sugartits, except it was leaked. The police were hiding this from the public. We don’t know what else they hid. It also keeps her safe. Think of it as a nightlight.

She may have been coached, but who cares. You don’t think he got coached when he went on his forgive me tour.

People could push my buttons and I could say some awful things, but nothing close to what he said. He is vile.

If the gossip about visitation is true, I wonder how he was able to get unsupervised overnights with his child during the case. Usually, the judge allows supervised overnights. I bet Mel’s lawyer said it would be bad for Mel’s image. Shows people that having a name gives you rights others don’t have.

Oksana Demanded Millions for Tapes ... Allegedly

7/16/2010 12:55 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sources connected with Mel Gibson tell TMZ they have "hard proof" Oksana Grigorieva tried to extort Gibson, demanding more than $10 million from the actor in return for keeping the secret tapes just that -- secret.

Our sources claim Oksana demanded a specific amount of money. They would not reveal the exact sum but say it's more than $10 million. And the sources say there are emails and other "physical evidence" to prove it. As one source said, "There's a long trail of evidence"

TMZ broke the story .... Mel's lawyers will be meeting with L.A. County Sheriff's deputies, making a presentation of evidence which includes alleged evidence of extortion. We're told the lawyers want the Sheriff's Department to launch a criminal investigation after they present deputies with emails and other physical evidence.

so much for my giving her the benefit of the doubt. Now back to my regularly-scheduled bitchiness. :D

eta: I just read Mel's escaping to Australia...GOOD! Go now, Mel, and take your crazy church with you.

Edited by fykeylicious

Dentist's Story In Direct Conflict with Oksana

7/16/2010 10:05 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The dentist who treated Oksana Grigorieva does not believe she was struck in the mouth as she claims ... and his evaluation raises serious questions about her injuries ... TMZ has learned.

Sources familiar with Dr. Ross Shelden's medical charts, photos and examination notes tell TMZ ... Dr. Shelden saw no evidence Oksana was struck in the mouth. TMZ broke the story ... Oksana told Sheriff's deputies Mel Gibson struck her in the mouth twice, knocking one tooth out and chipping another.

Although Dr. Shelden sees no evidence of a strike to the mouth, he does have a different scenario. We've learned Dr. Shelden believes Oksana was struck in the left temple, which caused her to bite down so hard, one veneer was completely knocked out and another was damaged. The charts reflect that Oksana's teeth were fully intact.

Dr. Shelden observed a bruise on Oksana's left temple, however, we know the photos he took in his office show no such bruising. The doctor's explanation -- Oksana was reluctant to have her picture taken and covered up the bruising with her hair and makeup -- plus she was looking off to the side. As we previously reported, Oksana told the doctor Mel had hit her.

As for the mouth area, Dr. Shelden's charts reflect two bite marks on the inside of the lower lip. The doctor says there was no swelling or bruising consistent with a punch to the mouth but believes instead the bite marks are consistent with "a chain reaction" after allegedly being hit in the temple.

There is nothing in the records indicating whether the doctor believes Oksana's wounds may have been self-inflicted.

Sources connected with Mel Gibson tell TMZ the actor did not strike Oksana.

Troubled Mel 'leaving the States' after selling his New York mansion at cut price

By Mail On Sunday Reporter

Last updated at 8:36 AM on 18th July 2010

Mel Gibson is poised to quit the US after selling his mansion near New York.

The disgraced Lethal Weapon star, who faces allegations of violence from his Russian former girlfriend, sold the mock Tudor property, known as Old Mill Farm, for £16 million – £10 million less than the asking price.

Gibson has also put his Malibu home, Lavender Hill Farm, on the market for £10 million, according to a property newsletter.

He has told friends that he will move back to Australia - where he grew up after moving from America when he was 12 - with his ex-wife Robyn, who still supports him.

Gibson, 54, is ready to contest the allegations of Oksana Grigorieva, 40, who claims he punched her and hurt their baby, Lucia, in a drunken rage in January.

A source close to the family said: ‘Oksana’s allegations have united Mel and Robyn and this move is her idea.

‘She is shocked and furious at this woman’s lies and their seven children are shocked.

‘Robyn has never seen a violent side to him.

‘She has persuaded him that he needs to get away from Hollywood and find peace on his ranch and she will go with him along with some of the children.’

A friend of Miss Grigorieva said: ‘Oksana has done nothing but tell the truth.’

Gibson and Robyn divorced last year just weeks after he was pictured for the first time with Miss Grigorieva.

A spokesman for Gibson declined to comment.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...l#ixzz0u4xhHkHF

Could Mel Gibson Go to Jail?

By Ken Lee

Sunday July 18, 2010 02:30 PM EDT

As the all-out custody war between Mel Gibson and ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva roils on, sheriffs continue their criminal probe of the actor for domestic violence allegations. Five experts discuss what's at stake.

Could Gibson be facing jail time?

"I doubt it," says former L.A. prosecutor Jeffery Rubenstein. "At most, Mel will probably be charged with misdemeanor domestic violence. Oksana's alleged injuries don't seem to rise to a felony level and because Mel has no serious prior convictions, that'll also lessen his chances of a felony. His alleged threats, while horrifying and completely over-the-top, aren't necessarily a crime; there has to be evidence of a real intent to carry them out. If convicted, he'll probably get probation and counseling."

Gibson has accused Oksana of extortion. What are the chances she'll be convicted?

"It sounds like a far-fetched accusation and more of a basic defensive reaction by his legal team," says L.A. criminal defense attorney Trent Copeland. "Extortion will be very difficult to prove. It's completely routine to use incriminating evidence as leverage against another in a legal proceeding. But if she's found guilty of this, it'd be a felony, and punishment would be upwards of one year in jail."

Will the leaked tapes purportedly of Mel and Oksana be admissible in court?

"In general, it's illegal to tape someone without their knowledge but it's sometimes allowed in domestic violence situations," says L.A. criminal defense attorney Steve Sitkoff. "But the law in that regard isn't clear cut; there's lots of gray area. If the tapes are deemed illegal, they won't exist to a jury. The motive of the taping appears suspect; Oksana is extremely calm and appears to be provoking him. And if Mel was under the influence while making his threats, that would make it even harder to prove criminal intent."

Are the tapes authentic? Could there have been parts edited out?

"I wouldn't be surprised at all if the tapes were altered in some way, but that doesn't mean they aren't authentic," says Dallas-based forensic tape analyst Herbert Joe. "It's all up to the judge to determine the [overall] trustworthiness of the tapes on the whole."

Grigorieva reportedly asked the court to strip Gibson of all custody rights last Thursday, but she was denied. Why?

"It's clear the judge didn't feel Mel was any imminent threat to the baby," says L.A. family lawyer Scott Weston. "As terrifying as the tapes sound, it doesn't necessarily mean he's a danger to his daughter – and that's the judge's main concern. The judge is certainly going to want to determine if he committed any domestic violence, and if so, the judge can extend restraining orders against him and order him to counseling. This is going to be a long slog of a case with many hearings ahead; there won't be a quick resolution."

• Reporting by SARA HAMMEL

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/0...15875-22421219/

Timothy Dalton got a restraining order against Mel to stay away from his kid!

I'm not seeing where the article says Dalton got a restraining order against Mel to stay away from his kid, just that Dalton is backing Oksana's efforts to get a restraining order against Mel and that Dalton doesn't want Mel near the kid. NOT the same thing.

That Greenwich CT home (GORGEOUS home, BTW) has been on the market for YEARS and his selling it now at a reduced price has nothing to do with his current problem and everything to do with the housing market in this country.....I think it actually sold a couple months ago; I read about it on luxist.com

I know some talk shows have had FBI audio analysts on, discussing the tapes - they seem to agree she was using perhaps a broadcast mic to get the great quality on her end, while he's on a cell phone.

Quite honestly, I'm trying to ignore the big hullabaloo and I wish they'd all go away........

Oksana Signed, Then Rejected $15 Mil Deal

7/19/2010 2:55 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned ... Oksana Grigorieva signed an agreement with Mel Gibson for a $15 million package, which would have kept the Mel tapes secret, but she ultimately walked away from it.

Sources tell TMZ, during the child custody mediation in May, lawyers for Mel and Oksana worked out a financial deal for Oksana -- she would get a total of $15 mil, which included child support, a house and other assets.

But sources intimately familiar with the mediation tell us Oksana promised something in return -- that all "evidence" associated with the case remain confidential.

We've learned the "evidence" includes the tapes. Oksana's lawyers had played some, but not all of the tapes for Mel's lawyers. We're told Oksana's lawyers did not play the tape in which Gibson used the N word and made a reference to "wetbacks."

As one source put it, "The tapes loomed large in the mediation. The word 'tapes' was never used in the agreement, but it was central to the deal."

Oksana and Mel both signed a "short form agreement" -- a bare-bones contract outlining the broad strokes of the deal. The lawyers then drafted a long form agreement which contained specifics of the deal, but we're told Oksana refused to sign the long form, claiming she felt coerced.

We're told Mel never paid Oksana under the deal because the short form didn't spell out the specifics of payment and Oksana refused to sign the longer agreement which contained the details.

Oksana Texts To Mel Could Make Tapes Inadmissible

7/20/2010 1:00 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned Oksana Grigorieva's text messages to Mel Gibson could make her secretly-recorded conversations inadmissible in court.

Oksana recorded the conversations without Mel's knowledge. In California, if a person isn't told their conversation is being recorded, it is not admissible in court.

There are exceptions -- notably, if Oksana reasonably believed the conversation related to the commission of any felony of violence, she could make the recording without Mel's permission.

Here's the problem. TMZ has learned Oksana sent Mel several text messages in which she clearly states she recorded the conversations because Mel didn't keep his part of the deal to support her.

We're told Mel's people will use Oksana's text messages to try and prove it was just a money grab, which would make the recordings inadmissible in both the custody case and any possible criminal case.

Sources connected with Oksana say ... if she was motivated by money she would not have rejected Mel's $15 million settlement.