princess

Mel Gibson

Sources connected with Oksana say ... if she was motivated by money she would not have rejected Mel's $15 million settlement.

It's more likely that she rejected it because she was holding out for more.

Oksana Texts To Mel Could Make Tapes Inadmissible

7/20/2010 1:00 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned Oksana Grigorieva's text messages to Mel Gibson could make her secretly-recorded conversations inadmissible in court.

Oksana recorded the conversations without Mel's knowledge. In California, if a person isn't told their conversation is being recorded, it is not admissible in court.

There are exceptions -- notably, if Oksana reasonably believed the conversation related to the commission of any felony of violence, she could make the recording without Mel's permission.

Here's the problem. TMZ has learned Oksana sent Mel several text messages in which she clearly states she recorded the conversations because Mel didn't keep his part of the deal to support her.

We're told Mel's people will use Oksana's text messages to try and prove it was just a money grab, which would make the recordings inadmissible in both the custody case and any possible criminal case.

Sources connected with Oksana say ... if she was motivated by money she would not have rejected Mel's $15 million settlement.

I don't agree with that at all and I'm calling bullshit on that "source" comment. Mel Gibson is worth many many millions more, even after his divorce settlement. I think Oksana wanted much more than a paltry $15 mil for herself. And for what it's worth, if she SIGNED anything at all indicating she would accept money for silence (and I did see something out there saying she did sign an initial agreement) then it makes me think she isn't that worried or scared of him.

Stop worrying about her and worry about yourselves. I hope no one you love ever gets trapped in a scary relationship.

I don’t care what her motivations are. He:

Admits to hitting her. Probably hurt his child because she was in the way. Did this in front of her son. Threatens to kill her. Calls her names. Calls her 12 year old names. Calls almost every race names (has he insulted Asians yet?). He wishes her to be raped.

States no one will believe her! Says she has no friends. (Two classic abuser statements.) This is why people stay and get abused.

Believes life would be fine if she asks for forgiveness, smiles and blows him.

They are saying that his team has hired people to write things on websites to support him. After reading things here and other places I believe that. Shame on those people who took money to badmouth a person like that. I would rather be homeless then to defend someone like him.

I’m tired of reading negatives about her. Really? Please tell me what she did to deserve anything? Let me tell you what she did. She said NO to him.

Don’t write, “What he did was wrong, but...” There is no but! He was wrong. The end.

Some of you think I’m nuts for harping on this, but I’ve had deal with the people who are abused and battered. I’ve had to look at women and children of all ages and see that they may be walking and talking but their spirit and hope are gone. They don’t get that back. It was killed. And, guess what they were told over and over again. NO ONE WILL BELIEVE YOU! Most of these people weren’t against people with Mel’s power and influence.

With all due respect, nosunlight, you have a lot of nerve telling the rest of us to stop worrying about her and worry about ourselves when every one of the 4 posts you've made to this board since you started actively posting a week ago have been pro Oksana.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion on this issue....as is everybody else. But as many others have so eloquently stated, nobody here is stating that they are 100% pro Mel. There is plenty of skepticism to go around towards Mel and Oksana and at the end of the day, I suspect there is far more to this story than anybody other than the parties involved will ever know.

Edited by Maxiemom

I’m not pro Oksana. I’m anti abuser. I’m anti hate.

The “whole truth” goes out the window once one person attacks another person. He admits to hitting her.

I don’t know the whole story. I will never know the whole story. But, I know what hateful people do and I see the results. I see the shattered lives.

With every word that has come out of Mel’s mouth (past words included) I don’t understand how anyone could be .000000000001% pro Mel.

I'm not pro-Mel. Not at all, not by a long shot. Mel's an ass. But as others have already stated in this thread, that doesn't mean I have to be pro-Oksana. This is not a zero sum game.

He abused her. That's wrong, that's illegal - he should be prosecuted if that's the case. But she ain't no angel and I don't have to like her just because she was abused.

I'm not pro-Mel. Not at all, not by a long shot. Mel's an ass. But as others have already stated in this thread, that doesn't mean I have to be pro-Oksana. This is not a zero sum game.

He abused her. That's wrong, that's illegal - he should be prosecuted if that's the case. But she ain't no angel and I don't have to like her just because she was abused.

With all due respect, nosunlight, you have a lot of nerve telling the rest of us to stop worrying about her and worry about ourselves when every one of the 4 posts you've made to this board since you started actively posting a week ago have been pro Oksana.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion on this issue....as is everybody else. But as many others have so eloquently stated, nobody here is stating that they are 100% pro Mel. There is plenty of skepticism to go around towards Mel and Oksana and at the end of the day, I suspect there is far more to this story than anybody other than the parties involved will ever know.

Completely on board with these sentiments. Thanks for putting it out there ladies.

Completely on board with these sentiments. Thanks for putting it out there ladies.

Yup, me too. They both give me the heebie jeebies. Mel's manopause came with a heavy price.

I’m not pro Oksana. I’m anti abuser. I’m anti hate.

The “whole truth” goes out the window once one person attacks another person. He admits to hitting her.

I don’t know the whole story. I will never know the whole story. But, I know what hateful people do and I see the results. I see the shattered lives.

With every word that has come out of Mel’s mouth (past words included) I don’t understand how anyone could be .000000000001% pro Mel.

Most all of our comments have been directed towards the people involved in the story. We are not attacking other posters. I hope you understand the difference here.

I can understand being very emotional about this subject if you know people in your own life who have been abused and hurt but please try to understand that Mel and his mistress are not living lives like any of us on this board or like anyone we know. If you really feel you have that close of a connection to this story, perhaps you should stay away from the internet for awhile.

I also find it very hard to look without skepticism upon anyone who comes in here and begins posting and ONLY posts on this one thread. And in a manner inconsistent with the tone and purpose of the board. In my mind, that reads troll. Troll with a partly-valid point, maybe - but no less a troll. I'd have far less skepticism if these comments and arguments came from someone who made an attempt at being a part of our community and not just someone who clearly has an agenda. How do we know that YOU aren't one of those people who are paid by people to write stories on websites.

Posted Image

N.Y.C. Bar Serves Up Mel 'Bipolar' Gibson Cocktail

By Alison Schwartz

Wednesday July 21, 2010 03:40 PM EDT

people.com

Mood swings got you down? Back away from the phone and have a drink.

The Oak Bar in New York City is proposing a toast to Mel Gibson and his alleged telephone tirades and debuting a "bipolar" cocktail in his honor. (The actor once said he'd been diagnosed with manic depression.)

In true Gibson fashion, the concoction calls for a 1 oz. swig of gin. It also features a shot of vodka – and not just any brew. The Oak Room's executive chef Eric Hara went all out on the mental theme with Van Gogh Vodka, in honor of the artist who suffered from the disorder.

"Gibson … Bipolar … All these words flying around in the media just jumped out at me. So I made a Gibson, which is a classic cocktail, into something thoroughly twisted," Hara tells PEOPLE.com of his liquid creation, adding, "It's a guy drink, by the way. There's nothing sweet about a Gibson."

I also find it very hard to look without skepticism upon anyone who comes in here and begins posting and ONLY posts on this one thread. And in a manner inconsistent with the tone and purpose of the board. In my mind, that reads troll. Troll with a partly-valid point, maybe - but no less a troll. I'd have far less skepticism if these comments and arguments came from someone who made an attempt at being a part of our community and not just someone who clearly has an agenda. How do we know that YOU aren't one of those people who are paid by people to write stories on websites.

I’m not a troll. I’ve been a member for years Joined: August 06 I like reading gossip but I never had the urge to comment on it because it is gossip. This isn’t gossip, this is about abuse. Yes, I have an agenda. People should believe others when they say they have been abused. I am attacking the idea that people think that if someone is unlikeable then that’s a reason to question them. Many abusers pick people who are less likely to be believed.

Yes, this is personal. I’ve been in the room when a six year old was told her mother wasn’t coming to the hospital to get her because daddy killed her. This poor child couldn’t wipe her own tears away because daddy dearest had broken both her arms. Guess why one of the reasons mommy stayed with daddy? When she tried to get help (sadly, not from the police) people told her it was her fault or they didn’t believe her. This isn’t the only horror story I’ve had to deal with.

I am angry that people don’t understand that second guessing her motives takes away from the fact that he did abuse her, admits to it and told her she deserved it.

I do find it ironic that Ozzy’s kids are wearing the shirts when Sharon has said that when Ozzy was at his worst that he was violent against her.

From wikipedia:

The couple used to physically fight regularly and according to Sharon Osbourne they would "beat the shit out of each other".[5] She has described herself as "a beaten woman" when she was at the hands of husband Ozzy where he once knocked out her front teeth.[58] She once retaliated by throwing a full bottle of scotch at his head.[58] The most notorious incident arose in August 1989 when Ozzy was arrested for attempted murder after he had returned from a peace festival in Moscow and tried to strangle Sharon in a haze of alcohol and drugs.[5] After the incident, he spent three months in rehabilitation as a result of his actions, after which time, Sharon Osbourne said she regained her strength in their relationship and did not press charges.[67]

[edit]

Edited by nosunlight

Again, I don't see any pro-Mel here. But I refuse to forgive opportunistic, gold-digging, extortionist ways because she alleges she was hit. She's a pig too.

Yes, this is personal.

Not sure how to respond so this thread doesn't blow up and I get 500 PMs...

No, it's not personal - you're just making it personal. I could be all over the "bipolar Gibson" drink and make that personal (no beeper would EVERY want to be associated with Mel at this point, lol), but this is a gossip site after all. Take a step back, breath, and know that this is not your case, that professionals are involved and that they know all the tricks abusers use. If you don't want to gossip about it, you don't have to read it.

Police Investigating Mel Gibson's Extortion Claims Against Oksana

By Eunice Oh

Wednesday July 21, 2010 04:15 PM EDT

people.com

In yet another chapter of Mel Gibson and Oksana Grigorieva's bitter break-up, authorities are investigating whether or not the actor's ex-girlfriend tried to extort money from him.

"Extortion allegations were brought to our attention [and] we're looking into it," L.A. Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore tells PEOPLE.

Gibson, 54, previously claimed the Russian musician, 40, demanded cash from him and, if he didn't pay, threatened to leak recordings of him spewing racist comments and threatening her to the media.

RELATED: Mel & Oksana: Why Their Custody Battle Went Nuclear

A source says Gibson was planning to present evidence to detectives proving Grigorieva broke the law. He also asserted that she made false claims to police about his alleged abuse.

According to Grigorieva's rep, police aren't launching a full investigation, however. "Looking into something is very different than launching a formal investigation," Grigorieva’s spokesperson Stephen Jaffe, told PEOPLE.

Please don’t tell me to take a deep breath and then post a pro-mel story.

People picked their pony and it is Mel. TMZ picked Mel too. Other places are anti Mel.

I actually come back to this page because I’m curious how people respond to everything. Think of it as rubbernecking an accident. I do think I struck a nerve with some people and I find it interesting.

If you don’t like what I have to say, ignore me. And after this post, I will stay quiet. I’ve said my piece and that’s all I can do.

Have a lovely day.

No one is telling you to post pro-Mel stories now. :rolleyes:

And I'm not saying you are, but every troll I have busted has used the excuse "curious how people respond to me". This is not a psyc experiment, it is a hollywood gossip website.

No one is telling you to post pro-Mel stories now. :rolleyes:

And I'm not saying you are, but every troll I have busted has used the excuse "curious how people respond to me". This is not a psyc experiment, it is a hollywood gossip website.

Thank you, Princess. :1smile:

Posted Image

anyone know who makes the sunglasses that Kelly is wearing?

No idea, but I like 'em too.

Was I the only one who took the shirts as a big "F* You" to Mel?

Yes, this is personal.

Not sure how to respond so this thread doesn't blow up and I get 500 PMs...

No, it's not personal - you're just making it personal. I could be all over the "bipolar Gibson" drink and make that personal (no beeper would EVERY want to be associated with Mel at this point, lol), but this is a gossip site after all. Take a step back, breath, and know that this is not your case, that professionals are involved and that they know all the tricks abusers use. If you don't want to gossip about it, you don't have to read it.

Thanks Princess-appreciate you stepping in to clear this up.