princess

Ashlee Simpson

Pete Wentz Plans Son's Birthday

Pete Wentz is throwing a 'Spongebob Squarepants'-themed party for his son.

The Fall Out Boy rocker's son Bronx Mowgli celebrates his first birthday later this month and the musician and wife Ashlee Simpson-Wentz are planning to incorporate the tot's current obsession into their celebrations.

Pete said: "We got the one-year birthday coming up which is going to be pretty awesome. I think we're going to go 'Spongebob'."

Bronx developed his love for the animated ocean-dwelling sponge because of giant pictures the couple have in their home.

Pete explained: "We have these giant 'Spongebob' paintings in our house and I said, 'Spongebob' a couple times when we were walking by it. Now Bronx has to stop every time we walk by and he says, 'Bob.' "

However, Pete's revelations are delighted to disappoint his manager – who thinks Bronx keeps saying 'Bob' because it is his name.

The rocker added: "I swear to God he thinks Bronx says 'Bob' because of him and I don't want to break his heart!"

Source contactmusic

Simpson-Wentz Heading To Broadway?

Ashlee Simpson-Wentz is to star on Broadway, it has been reported.

The former Melrose Place actress is said to be reprising her role of Roxy Hart on Chicago.

According to Perez Hilton, it has not yet been confirmed when Simpson-Wentz will make her Broadway debut, though her run is expected to last three months.

The star made her first appearance as Roxy in the West End version of the musical in 2006.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Simpson-Wentz Slams Sister's Critics

Ashlee Simpson-Wentz has defended her sister's curvy new look.

The singer and actress told US magazine Women's Health that Jessica looks "incredible".

Commenting on the negative press her sister has received for putting on weight, Simpson-Wentz said: "It's disgusting that people would say those things.

"My sister has an incredible body. I feel sorry for anyone who would judge her because she's one sexy lady."

The star, who is married to Fall Out Boy member Pete Wentz, went on to say that she is happy with her current slender physique.

However, she added that she is not worried about putting on a few pounds in the future.

"There's gonna be a time when I'm way curvier and that'll be sexy too," Simpson-Wentz stated.

The mum-of-one also revealed that her husband's attitude makes it easy for her to accept the way she looks.

"Pete isn't worried about stretch marks. He always makes me feel good," she explained.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Wentz: I Ruined Fall Out Boy

PETE WENTZ blames himself for the demise of FALL OUT BOY - because his personal life became a "hindrance" for the band.

The rockers have decided to shelve the group indefinitely to allow them all more time to concentrate on their own projects.

Wentz is convinced his high profile relationship with wife Ashlee Simpson-Wentz, which propelled the rocker into the gossip columns, had a negative impact on their music and he wanted to take a step back to stop his celebrity persona from overshadowing the band.

He tells British magazine Kerrang!, "My biggest personal reason for taking a break is that I feel my name has become a hindrance for the band.

(Frontman Patrick Stump) is a musical genius and it's unfortunate that he gets reviewed based on whatever's going on in my personal life or how my hair looks. I think the world needs a little less Pete Wentz. A lot of people think Fall Out Boy is me. But it's the four of us. I want to f**king vomit when I read intros that say, 'Pete Wentz: accidental internet poster boy.' It makes me feel ugly."

And the bassist is sick of seeing his face on the cover of magazines, because he is now better known as a tabloid celebrity than as a musician.

He adds, "People who read the tabloids probably think all I do is visit Starbucks and hang out in nightclubs."

Source contactmusic

Pete Wentz: 'I'm Allergic To Christmas'

Pete Wentz has reportedly claimed that he is allergic to Christmas.

The Fall Out Boy rocker has admitted on his Twitter page to concerns for his health after he put up a Christmas tree in his home, Contactmusic reports.

The bassist wrote: "I think I'm allergic to the Xmas tree. Some kind of spruce mix, a hybrid. Like a Prius. Ugh."

The 30-year-old also wrote that he didn't understand the point of the festive holiday.

He added: "Seriously, eff a Xmas tree. Sweating balls right now putting it up lights and all. Knowing it's all just gonna end go away. Kind of like life."

Wentz and wife Ashlee Simpson-Wentz recently denied reports that their marriage is in trouble.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Wentz Apologises For Hilton Rant

PETE WENTZ has apologised for his "hurtful" and "juvenile" outburst over comments made on PEREZ HILTON's website, insisting he is extra sensitive in matters relating to his young son.

The Fall Out Boy star took offence to a post on the celebrity blogger's site which featured a photo of the star and 14-month-old Bronx, his only child with wife Ashlee Simpson-Wentz.

The post read, "Did little Bronx Mowgli just realise his dad is douchey Pete Wentz? The father-son duo were spotted taking a walk around the streets of New York. Poor baby! We'd be crying, too!"

Wentz hit back with a post on his own blog, which allegedly read, "I don't care what you say about me or really anyone else. But don't talk about my kid. He is not as bloated or mean spirited as you, a 30-year-old former closeted bully (sic). Say it again. Slip up one time. It won't be on the internet. I will make you less than what you are. I will break you and you won't know it's me."

The post was subsequently deleted, and Wentz has now issued an apology - vowing to curb his comments in future.

He writes, "I want to apologise for snapping last night. Not in the way that I feel in the wrong. But because that's what everyone wanted. Because that's what their game is: provocation. I bit back. All I really mean is that I think kids should be off limits until they can decide whether they want to be in front of cameras.

"Since having (Bronx) I've realised that I want to make steps to being a better person in general. It's more important to me now than ever before to be a good role model. Getting so angry over something so small. Saying hostile things. Insulting people in a hurtful way is juvenile - I expect more of myself. So for that I'm sorry."

Source contactmusic

Pete Wentz Plans Europe Move

Pete Wentz wants to move to France.

The Fall Out Boy rocker - who has a 14-month-old son Bronx Mowgli with wife Ashlee Simpson-Wentz - has fallen in love with the European country since flying out for music industry conference Midem.

He revealed on twitter: "In south france feeling the jet lag. I could live here. France is amazing. The food. The people.(sic)"

The 'Sugar We're Going Down' hitmaker also spoke about his love of Bronx, revealing him to be the most important thing in his life.

When asked how fatherhood had affected him, he replied: "he is the only person that can take me away from my blackberry. the only thing i want to get right in my entire life. (sic)"

Last year, Pete revealed he wanted to move out of Los Angeles to protect his family's privacy.

He said: "Once you have a kid it's a little bit different. You're more protective. You want them to have a normal life, or as normal as possible.

"We're going to figure out moving somewhere that's a little less public. But we still got to be close enough where we can work.

"There'll be too many paparazzi and you'll get mobbed. You're just trying to protect your wife or your kid. It's just frustrating."

Source femalefirst

Simpson 'To Take Break From Career'

Ashlee Simpson-Wentz has reportedly decided to take a break from her career to focus on being a mother.

The former Melrose Place actress, who is currently starring in musical Chicago, wants to spend more time with son Bronx Mowgli when her stint as Roxie Hart ends next month.

"I'm gonna have some mommy time and take a little break," she told Access Hollywood. "I've had a blast here doing Chicago.

"It's been wonderful and to be on stage in Broadway, that was always a dream of mine, so it's been great. I've got two weeks left and I've really enjoyed it and I'm ready to get back home."

The 25-year-old recently denied rumors that her marriage to Pete Wentz has hit the rocks.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Hate to say it, Ashlee, but it's the "career" that's taken a break from you. However, if that's how you choose to spin it then more power to you.

News > Los Angeles-Beverly Crest

Ashlee Simpson-Wentz asking $4M for Beverly Crest 5BD

by Shania Sampson, published Jan. 29, 2010 ShareThis

Singer and actress Ashlee Simpson-Wentz has listed for sale her five bedroom, 6.5-bath home at 9718 Oak Pass Road in Beverly Crest for the asking price of $4 million.

Simpson paid $4.5 million for the 5,896-square-foot home in Jan. 2007. The home was built in 1992.

Jory Burton of Sotheby's International Realty is the listing agent for the property.

Simpson-Wentz, 25, is a platinum-selling pop artist and the younger sister of fellow pop singer, Jessica Simpson. Her debut album, Autobiography, came out in 2004 and eventually went triple platinum on the strength of the single "Pieces of Me," which climbed to No. 5 on the Billboard Hot 100. She famously performed on "Saturday Night Live" in support of the album in Oct. 2004 and was criticized for lip-syncing her performance, though she later claimed that voice problems forced her to use the pre-recorded track.

Her 2005 follow-up album, the platinum-selling I Am Me, debuted at the top of the charts and launched three top 25 hit singles. She released her third album in April 2008.

Simpson-Wentz first made a splash on the teen drama "7th Heaven," from 2002-04, and appeared sporadically on her sister's hit MTV reality show "Newlyweds." She's also recently reemerged on television on the reincarnation of the 1990s drama "Melrose Place."

She married Pete Wentz, the bassist of hit punk-pop band Fall Out Boy, in May 2008. Their first child, son Bronx Mowgli Wentz, was born in Nov. 2008.

http://losangeles.blockshopper.com/news/st...verly_Crest_5BD

Pete Wentz: 'I Want Another Child Soon'

Pete Wentz has revealed that he would like to expand his family.

The rock star, who welcomed his son Bronx Mowgli with his wife Ashlee Simpson-Wentz in 2008, told People that he is already looking forward to having more children.

"We are very lucky and hope to have another child at some point," he said. "We also like doing what you have to do to have a baby!"

Wentz added that Bronx has changed his attitude to life.

"My child has taught me selflessness, patience and how to give this unexplained kind of love," he revealed. "I can't explain this kind of love, but Ashlee, who is just an awesome mom, shares this feeling with me."

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Valentine's Fan Ashlee Simpson

Ashlee Simpson-Wentz is looking forward to Valentine's Day (14.02.10).

The 25-year-old singer, who is married to musician Pete Wentz, is looking forward to treating her husband on the romantic day as well as getting a surprise from him.

She said: "Every Valentine's Day is sweet. Pete's very creative, so he's always coming up with something clever and surprising me. Hopefully, I'll surprise him this year."

As well as looking forward to Valentine's Day, Ashlee also looks forward to seeing what 15-month-old son Bronx will do next.

She told America's OK! magazine: "I love being a mother. We're together all the time. Bronx is definitely finding himself, and he's getting his own personality, so hide-and-seek, and new little things. He does sign language, so that's been fun."

Meanwhile, Pete has revealed his seemingly defunct band Fall Out Boy could reunite.

The 30-year-old musician said: "We just haven't had the time to say anything. All I have been able to do is say, 'Man, I miss doing Fall Out Boy,' and I got to a better place hanging out with my son.

"Now I'm OK if Fall Out Boy comes back or doesn't come back. Like, if it's fun for everyone to do again, we're going to do it... I just want it to be authentic when we come back."

Source femalefirst

Pete Wentz Wants A Bayonet

Pete Wentz - who has a 16-month-old son, Bronx Mowgli, with his wife Ashlee Simpson-Wentz - thinks the knife, which is usually fitted over a rifle, is much safer than just having a gun in your home.

He tweeted: "I really wish bayonets were primary weapons still. I feel like I'd be good at using one and it's practical home defence."

According to Pete, the advantages of having a bayonet at your house is that you are unlikely to kill an intruder if you use it, as opposed to firing a gun.

In another posting on his twitter page, he wrote: "I mean you don't bayonet somebody by accident and no one gets killed cleaning a bayonet."

Personal safety is something that is often at the forefront of Pete's mind.

The 30-year-old musician previously confessed he is convinced he is going to be murdered and sometimes won't open his front door because he is paranoid someone is there waiting to kill him.

Pete - who suffers from bipolar disorder - said: "I refuse to answer my front door because I'm convinced someone is going to murder me.

"I used to think that some day I'd end up murdering a close friend or relative. Now it's reversed and I'm convinced it's going to happen to me.

Source femalefirst

Ashlee Simpson Files for Divorce

TMZ has learned ... Ashlee Simpson just filed for divorce from hubby Pete Wentz.

In documents filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Simpson cites "irreconcilable differences" as the reason for the divorce.

She's asking for joint legal custody and primary physical custody of two-year-old Bronx.

Simpson, who is repped by disso queen Laura Wasser, is also asking for spousal and child support. Wentz is repped by Stacy Phillips.

Sources tell TMZ there is no prenup.

The couple married in May, 2008.

She said: "Every Valentine's Day is sweet. Pete's very creative, so he's always coming up with something clever and surprising me. Hopefully, I'll surprise him this year."

Surprise!

Surprise!

:4biggrin:

HarveyLevinTMZ

So our sources are telling us Ashlee really wanted out ..Pete Wentz was fighting it. She thinks he's erratic. He says it was career issues

HarveyLevinTMZ

there's a dispute over Bronx, their kid. Ashlee Simpson wants primary physical custody...Pete Wentz wants joint custody.

Ashlee Simpson-Wentz Files for DivorceBy Stephen M. Silverman

Wednesday February 09, 2011 12:30 PM EST

Ashlee Simpson-Wentz and Pete Wentz in Jan. 2011

Frederick B./Broadimage

The 2½-year marriage of Ashlee Simpson-Wentz and Pete Wentz is over, Ashlee's rep confirms to PEOPLE.

"After careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to file for divorce," the couple said through a spokesperson. "We remain friends and deeply committed and loving parents to our son Bronx, whose happiness and well-being remains our No. 1 priority. We ask that everyone honor our privacy as we navigate this next phase of our lives."

According to TMZ, the divorce documents were filed in L.A. Superior Court, with Simpson, 26, citing "irreconcilable differences" and seeking spousal support.

In the court papers, which were signed by Simpson-Wentz on Monday and filed on Tuesday, it says the couple's date of separation is to be determined. Simpson-Wentz is seeking primary physical custody of their 2-year-old son, Bronx, with visitation for Wentz. She is also seeking to go back to her maiden name of Simpson and drop "Wentz."

Simpson, a singer-actress and the younger sister of Jessica Simpson, and Wentz, the former Fall Out Boy bassist, 31, married in May 2008, and by that November welcomed their child, Bronx Mowgli Wentz.

The couple had been linked since the fall of 2006, when they were spotted kissing at a New York nightclub. They announced their engagement in April 2008, and their wedding was officiated by Simpson's father, Joe Simpson.

Only last week, Wentz was sharing his and Ashlee's Super Bowl recipes with PEOPLE.

People.com

Why Ashlee Simpson-Wentz & Pete Wentz Split

By Marisa Laudadio

Wednesday February 09, 2011 02:00 PM EST

Ashlee Simpson-Wentz and Pete Wentz

Retna

FacebookTwitterE-mailDon't expect a bitter fallout between Pete Wentz and Ashlee Simpson-Wentz, who filed for divorce Tuesday after 2½ years of marriage.

"It's very amicable. They're on very friendly terms and speaking – it's fine," a source close to the couple tells PEOPLE. "They've just grown apart. They've been growing apart for quite some time."

"It's all about [their 2-year-old son] Bronx for them. They're fantastic parents – Pete says she's a great mom, and she says he's a great father," says the source. "It's about Bronx's care and well-being and happiness for them."

There was no third party involved in the split, and Simpson-Wentz, 26, and Wentz, 31 – who has been touring with his new band Black Cards – continue to sort through their emotions, according to the source.

"They're both really sad. It's a sad ending to something that was really promising," says the source. "They're each trying to figure out what this transition is going to be like."

People.com

She thinks he's erratic.

Well, Pete has admitted to being bi-polar so not exactly a surprise...

hey're fantastic parents – Pete says she's a great mom, and she says he's a great father," says the source.

Yeah, um, that's what Halle and Gabrial were saying about each other 6 months ago, too!

Ashlee Simpson files for divorce

She’s 26. They’ve been married almost 3 years. Her sister Jessica was also married about the same amount of time to Nick Lachey. She split from him at 25. Young marriages, you know?

Ashlee and Pete Wentz however have a child. They were photographed just a month ago, seemingly fine, with Bronx in LA. They were at a holiday party three weeks before that in Hollywood and all looked ok as well.

So…

“Irreconcilable differences” for these two might not cut it, at least not on the gossip circuit and especially considering that there have been infidelity rumours following them around for a long time. She supposedly doesn’t trust him because he steps out on her when he’s on the road. Supposedly. Between two celebrities, the fame and the youth, you throw her heavy list of issues on top of that – the not eating, the changes in appearance, the insecurity – and, well, their love was not long for the world.

Look out – in the coming days we will find out how angry she is at him. If she’s angry, there will be a public blow-out, not unlike Halle Berry and Gabriel Aubry. Add Joe Simpson to that combination and the situation gets a lot dirtier.

According to TMZ though Ashlee is asking for spousal support. Let’s see if Pete plays along.

http://laineygossip.com/Ashlee_Simpson_fil...D=0&CelID=0