princess

Scarlett Johansson

I am also looking forward to the story about the Boleyn sister being made into a movie. I loved the book and have always found this period of history to be interesting. Mary Boleyn really got pushed aside but in the end, she survived and her sister and brother didn't.

Could Scarlett Johansson be Woody's next muse?There's an undercurrent of deja vu coursing through Woody Allen's new comedy "Scoop," starting with its London setting.But perhaps most significantly, Scarlett Johansson, the leading lady of Allen's last film, "Match Point," once again plays a displaced American woman -- though in "Scoop" she's more damsel in distress than femme fatale.So is Johansson, 21, poised to become the director's next muse, succeeding Diane Keaton and Mia Farrow?Allen enthused in a production notes interview that: "She's a total joy. It's like I hit the lottery or something."He compared her to Keaton, who starred in Allen classics such as "Annie Hall" and "Sleeper." "There are certain people I've worked with over the years -- Diane Keaton was one -- who were just hit with the talent stick and had it all. And Scarlett has got it all," Allen said. "It's a treat to work with her."After years of filming nearly all of his pictures in New York City, Allen returned to the British capital, where he shot last year's dark drama "Match Point."He also revisited the caper territory of "Manhattan Murder Mystery," which the director said was a favorite of his films.In "Scoop" Johansson plays a student reporter named Sondra Pransky who gets a tip from a dead journalist ("Deadwood's" Ian McShane) who returns from the afterlife to ensure that his big scoop makes it into print.The scoop is that an English lord's dashing son, played by Hugh Jackman, might be behind the "Tarot Card" serial killings terrorising London.TRIBUTE OR OLD GROUNDAllen intended "Scoop" as a sort of tribute to "The Thin Man" and Bob Hope murder mysteries, then tweaked the genre by adding mystical elements that marked "The Purple Rose of Cairo," "Alice" and his segment of "New York Stories."Early reviews have been mixed, with some grumbling about revisiting old ground, but Kirk Honeycutt of The Hollywood Reporter described the film as an "amusing if minor work that delivers many of the hallmark Woody Allen pleasures."Allen, who used to cast himself as the romantic lead to far younger actresses, relegates himself to a comic role as a cut-rate magician Splendini (real name Sid Waterman), who ends up posing as Johansson's father to help find the killer.The rising actress, known for quirkily diverse projects such as "Lost in Translation," "Girl with the Pearl Earring" and "Ghost World," and the veteran director said they had so much fun on the set of "Match Point" that Allen set about writing another project in which they could co-star."She leaves me for dead," Allen said.Johansson said making "Scoop" was a joy: "It is definitely reflective of the sort of banter that Woody and I have," she told reporters in New York promoting her second Allen film, which opens on July 28."It was like going back to summer camp," she said.Promoting the film, however, was more of a trial.Her famous whiskey voice went flat when the subject turned to her boyfriend, actor Josh Hartnett, her co-star in the upcoming Brian De Palma thriller "The Black Dahlia.""I just don't talk about any part of my private life," she said, adding that there were more important topics, such as Iraq, for people to focus on."It's nice to have everybody not know your business."

She is absolutely perfect to play the part of Mary Boleyn. When I heard that this book was being made into a movie, I thought she would be the only actress around who could play this part. I am so excited to see this!

I wonder what Woody's daughter-wife thinks about his fascination with Scarlett?

I must be the only person creeped out by the pic of the ugly old man sitting in a chair behind the young woman in a bathing suit just staring at her. Yes, I know she's of age, but considering Woody's history for young ones when he's already involved with someone else, it creeps me out! -_-

Soon-Yi is stupid. The same thing that happened to her mom will happen to her. This man is a true pervert. Scarlett is just probably trying to climb some ladders in the H-wood.

I believe Soon-Yi keeps a close eye on Woody. There were some stories about how she set up house on the Match Point set during filming in London.

I believe Soon-Yi keeps a close eye on Woody. There were some stories about how she set up house on the Match Point set during filming in London.
If she has any brains, she would have camped out on the set of Scoop too. Also on the press tour for the movie.

I must be the only person creeped out by the pic of the ugly old man sitting in a chair behind the young woman in a bathing suit just staring at her. Yes, I know she's of age, but considering Woody's history for young ones when he's already involved with someone else, it creeps me out! -_-

You are definately not the only one to be creeped out by that old creep & the way he talks about a woman young enough to be his great grand daughter. -_-

I agree about Matchpoint, not her best role. However I really thought the script could have used more work also. I remember thinking as I'm watching the movie that everyone is speaking their lines and not feeling them. There were a few scenes that showed promise, but the blandness of the performances really killed this movie. That may or may not have been the actors fault entirely however. I also remember Scarlet telling a story about Woody. They would be on set doing some really intense scene (Intense? I get angrier when the soda machine eats my dollar!), Woody would yell cut and ask her something personal. It's that little thing that made me think that he just had his eye on Scarlet and could care less about the movie. I don't have high hopes for Scoop.

Thats why I can't understand why she wanted to do more movies with him. Unless she thought he could help her career. Which doesn't make her look very good, imo. I agree that Scoop will more than likely bomb at the box office. Won't that be (atleast) her third box office flop in a row? Two of them WH movies. If that doesn't tell her to cut ties with him professionally atleast, then she's dumber than people have said. :wacko: Maybe she wants her career to tank?? Does she even like acting? Or is she in it just because her parents got her involved? I also doubt The Nanny Diaries will be a hit. The media is really going to go after her now that she keeps having flop after flop at the box office. There must be so many dirty remarks out there about her & WH. -_- -_-

Because, It's Woody Allen. There are quite a few people who say the same thing about Roman Polanski even though he allegedly sexually molested a 13 year old girl. As for Box office Flops I can name a couple of other actresses who keep getting roles; Kirsten Dunst, Julia Stiles. These actresses keep getting roles even though no movie where they were the lead role made over 100 million domestically. I'm not counting Spiderman for KD or the Bourne movies for JS, they weren't the leads. Why do they keep getting parts? I honestly believe Scarlet is the it girl right now because hollywood is in love with her boobs and she can act OK. She's not terrible, but she's not great either. You also don't hear about her partying till all hours ala Lohan.

Whether or not she likes acting is not really an issue in my view. She doesn't have a college education according to IMDB and really, what other job will pay her millions for 2 to 3 months of work? As to being in flops, well there are quite a few young actresses in hollywood who do the same thing and keep getting parts. One thing I found surprising is that she was invited to join the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, which I believe means she can vote for oscars. I think the biggest thing she has going for her is her curves and boobs. She looks good on screen and this is a huge part of her appeal.

Not to mention, that lately, she knows how to pick a project. When you have Lost In Translation, Girl With A Pearl Earring, and Match Point back to back, you must be doing something right. Oh, and In Good Company too.

The Perfect Score doesn't count.

I don't think she's positioning herself to be some huge female movie star like Julia Roberts or Reese Witherspoon, I think she's looking to be remembered as a critically-accalimed, Oscar-winning actress. Props to her, I love those actresses much more.

Plus, I do think she has a lot of talent. Acting does come naturally to some people, and I believe Scarlett and Lindsay Lohan have huge potential.

Quite honestly and you can throw things at me if you want, I think she is only a fair actress who happens to have good curves. There are so many actresses who can just do the hot young girl next door, when someone like SJ comes along, who isn't great but isn't terrible and has boobs they will throw them all the good scripts. Plus she probably got an Agent upgrade recently.

Didn't Scarlett say something about not being the marrying kind / not wanting to be too serious with a guy? She's the hottest thing going right now; don't see why she'd waste herself on Wilmer of all people. I think she's just feeling and enjoying her power. And I say more power to her.

She's only 21 so I can't blame her for not wanting to get too serious. I would be annoyed if the guy I was dating kept calling while I was at a party simply because he was jealous. If a person is going to cheat, behavior like that won't stop them. It may even push them to cheat or break up with the person.

Then Josh Hartnet should be free to date as many other women as he wants. Something like that goes both ways and I'd love to hear he went out and partied with someone like Jessica Alba.

I finally saw Match Point the other day and I have to say...not a fan of her work in it. Maybe it was the script, maybe it was creepy Woody, but I just cringed every time she opened her mouth.

I think Matchpoint was a meh script with bland performance's. Of course that could be just as much the director's fault as the actor's Edited by alpierce

I enjoyed Match Point, but not because of SJ.I agree that she is somewhat overrated as an actress. (Seems the type to have a limited shelf-life).It will be interesting to see how she comes across in THE OTHER BOLEYN GIRL, opposite Natalie Portman and Eric Bana.

From today's Page six:

July 25, 2006 -- SCARLETT Johansson downing kamikaze shots with Wilmer Valderrama and P. Diddy at Marquee until 4:30 a.m. . . .

Do we possibly have a new party girl in the making? Or is Pagesix simply trying to put Valderama and Johansen together because he invited her to a party and chartered a helicopter for her to get there last week? Since I'm sure Hartnet has already seen this on PageSix, or had ten of his friends send it to him by now I'd say be seen with some hot young actress in the next week or so. Edited by alpierce

From today's Page six:

July 25, 2006 -- SCARLETT Johansson downing kamikaze shots with Wilmer Valderrama and P. Diddy at Marquee until 4:30 a.m. . . .

Do we possibly have a new party girl in the making? Or is Pagesix simply trying to put Valderama and Johansen together because he invited her to a party and chartered a helicopter for her to get there last week? Since I'm sure Hartnet has already seen this on PageSix, or had ten of his friends send it to him by now I'd say be seen with some hot young actress in the next week or so.
Maybe Josh got smart and dumped her. What the hell is it about Wilmer Valderrama..Geez, he's not all that, he's friggin' 3'2 and arrogant. Well, ok...he's got money. :rolleyes:

Maybe Josh got smart and dumped her. What the hell is it about Wilmer Valderrama..Geez, he's not all that, he's friggin' 3'2 and arrogant. Well, ok...he's got money. :rolleyes:

I love That 70s Show and while Wilmer is SOOO not my type, when he dances on the show--esp. the cheesy really funny disco scenes--he REALLY knows how to move his hips and it totally turns me on. Much to my embarassment, really....So I think it's distinctly possible he really does have the moves (and, it's rumored, the size....) to please these girls in bed....

Posted Image

Scarlett Johansson makes the leap from actress to designer in New York on Tuesday, announcing her partnership with athletic company Reebok. The Scoop star will be co-creating her own line of footwear and apparel called Scarlett "Hearts" Rbk, which will debut next spring.

As a model she leaves a lot to be desired, she doesn't know how to stand!

But as a beauty, she's perfection.::sigh::Flawless, what a goddess.

Johansson Snubs 'Sound of Music' Hollywood beauty Scarlett Johansson turned down the lead role in a forthcoming Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber stage production of The Sound Of Music - after auditioning for the part and gushing it was her dream role. The Lost In Translation star was approached by the musical mogul about starring as Maria in the singing nun story and immediately agreed. She even gave an impromptu rendition of songs from the hit movie in front of a restaurant full of people to prove her singing credentials and obsession with the musical. However, the 21-year-old later snubbed the project and Lloyd Webber blames greedy managers for the sudden U-turn. He says, "We had a hysterical lunch which ended in the early hours of the morning. We were at the top of the Peninsula Hotel and she sang in front of everyone, which was fantastic. She can really sing. I said to her, 'Do you want to do Sound of Music?' She said 'yes'. We started planning things." But he adds, "Her people were not pro the idea. It became clear that it wasn't going to work because the demands became so ridiculous." Lloyd Webber claims managers and publicists for the starlet were dismayed by her low fees in comparison to lucrative movie work, and demanded she be accompanied by two minders backstage at all times. A spokesman for Johansson denies the demands, insisting, "(They) are extremely exaggerated. Her management team was simply asking for terms that an actress of her stature would ask for. The real reason why the negotiations stopped was the run of the play interfered with the production of one of the films she was slated to accomplish." The search for Maria has now turned into a UK reality TV hunt, with unknown actresses vying for role.

Posted Image

Paging Dr. Letterman! Scarlett Johansson opens wide for the Late Show host's inspection during her Wednesday appearance on the chatfest. The actress, who's starring in the Woody Allen comedy Scoop, told Letterman she has to get all four of her wisdom teeth extracted, to which he responded, "Do you mind if I have a look?"