princess

Rosie O'Donnell

GOP Trying To Blacklist Rosie O'Donnell

You'd think that with the Abramoff scandal heating up again, a failed war in Iraq and Afghanistan, and New Orleans still reeling, the GOP would have better things to focus on before the midterm elections. But no. The attack machine known as the Republican National Committee is attempting to blacklist The View's Rosie O'Donnell for recently expressing her opinions. Uh, Earth to GOP: That's what The View is all about. "Dems 'Rosie' view on the war on terror. Cut-and-run Defeatocrats across the country take their cues from Hollywood friends and advisors," the RNC website ridiculously claims, then proceeds to pile on O'Donnell. This, even though her anti-Iraq war stance is expressed by a majority of Americans, according to recent polling. Also attacked was O'Donnell's right to contribute political donations to the campaigns of Democratic candidates like Connecticut's Ned Lamont, Ohio's Sherrod Brown, Washington's Maria Cantwell, Pennsylvania's Bob Casey, Illinois' Tammy Duckworth, and so on. Given how juvenile this GOP jeer is, no one could possibly take it seriously. Except ABC, which, after all, just carried the Bush administration's water by airing that conservative-concocted The Path to 9/11 docusham, and docushame. (See my latest LA Weekly column, The Mouse Who Whored). Clearly, the GOP's intent is to get ABC to fire newcomer-to-the-network, O'Donnell, or, barring that, muzzle her. Yet I find it interesting that the Republicans stayed mum when another Hollywood celebrity last week went on NBC's The Tonight Show and used it as a staging area to express at length his own non-centric political views. That's because CBS' Shark star James Woods, while advocating racial profiling in airports and on planes, was parroting the Bush administration's extreme right-wing scare tactics. And actor Ron Silver's GOP huckstering earned him an invitation in April to a White House luncheon in honor of Chinese President Hu Jintao. Then again, the RNC, when it damns Hollywood celebrities for expressing their political views, makes exceptions for stars who lean right.

The sad thing, Bobbyd, is that when most people vote in November, all they will remember is how their gas prices miraculously came down for the 7 weeks before the election. Amazing how that happens, isn't it? And for most people who don't want to actually read about the issues, that will be the basis of which chad they punch out.

IF they're that worried about Rosie, maybe someone in the GOP could give Elizabeth lessons in how to take control over a conversation - any conversation - or how to actually step up and speak - out loud. :rolleyes:

The sad thing, Bobbyd, is that when most people vote in November, all they will remember is how their gas prices miraculously came down for the 7 weeks before the election. Amazing how that happens, isn't it? And for most people who don't want to actually read about the issues, that will be the basis of which chad they punch out.

The American voter never learns from his mistakes.

IF they're that worried about Rosie, maybe someone in the GOP could give Elizabeth lessons in how to take control over a conversation - any conversation - or how to actually step up and speak - out loud. :rolleyes:

Very true, K...I am actually waiting to hear something about gay marriage...and protecting family values. Or another orange alert. :rolleyes:

usmagazine.com:

Life Not So Rosie for Elisabeth Hasselbeck

AFF-USA.COM; Wireimage.comThe women of The View aren’t having an easy time adjusting to being talked over and interrupted by new cohost Rosie O'Donnell, especially Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Rush & Molloy of the New York Daily News reports.

"She is crying every day," an insider tells us. "No one can control Rosie, and Elisabeth can't contain her feelings. She gets so upset all the time."

On-set sources tell the News that Rosie's outwardly liberal views have been upsetting the program’s lone conservative voice.

O'Donnell's spokeswoman denied there have been any tears, and said, "Elisabeth was at Rosie's house this weekend with her daughter, Grace. They might not agree on politics, but that's what makes the show great. Ratings are up 59%."

Rosie To O: Admit It, Already!

Posted Sep 20th 2006 12:41PM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: TV, Oprah, Celebrity Feuds

Rosie O'Donnell trained her gaydar on Oprah Winfrey and her BFF Gayle King on "The View," saying that the talk-show queen and her BFF Gayle King are, despite their protestations to the contrary and despite their not being full-blown lovers, "a tiny bit gay." As the denizens of "The View" mused about Oprah and Gayle's cross-country trip, as chronicled on Oprah's season premiere Monday, Rosie turned her attention to the pair. Her assessment? "You might be a little bit gay, you're just not doin' it," she said of O and G, explaining that an absence of sex wouldn't preclude the pair from sharing in a certain sapphic satisfaction.

Whether or not she's pushing Oprah and Gayle towards an admission, Rosie also said that she thinks everyone could be "a tiny bit gay." Needless to say, her cohort and sparring partner Elisabeth Hasselbeck does not.

A call to Oprah's rep at Harpo Productions was not returned. And Rosie, on her blog yesterday, lavished praise on Oprah and the premiere, saying that she was "brilliant," "beautiful," and "something else all [sic] together."

TMZ

Rosie O'Donnell shocked co-star Julian McMahon when she bared her breasts during a love scene when her shirt kept getting in the shot. The outspoken gay talk show host guest starred on McMahon's TV series Nip/Tuck as a lottery winner who ends up bedding her plastic surgeon. She tells US news show Access Hollywood that the director tried to shoot around a tube-top they made her wear, but had to keep yelling "cut" because a bit of the top could be seen in the shot. O'Donnell immediately pulled the shirt down to her waist, shocking her co-star. McMahon, who plays sexy surgeon Christian Troy on the show, looked down and told her "nice boobs." O'Donnell is a huge fan of the series and insists she would "love to do that show again and again and again."

source:imdb/wenn

Rosie Makes Monday Hump Day

Posted Oct 16th 2006 12:55PM by TMZ Staff

Posted Image

With reports today that Rosie O'Donnell might be spinning her "Nip/Tuck" character Dawn Budge off into a new primetime show, the talk queen got a little pumping practice with her "Nip/Tuck:" co-star Julian McMahon this morning on "The View."

Professing goosebump-inducing affection for McMahon, her "new Tommy," a reference to her longtime (but apparently now deposed) man-crush Tom Cruise, Rosie then proceeded to lure McMahon down onto a zebra-skin rug (the same one they used on the set of "Nip/Tuck") and reprise their now-infamous scene from last Monday's episode. It was all too much for Joy Behar -- she had to get a turn in with McMahon as well.

Rosie will be appearing on "Nip/Tuck" again this evening as the sad-in-the-sack recent lottery winner Dawn.

Rosie Rips Kelly for "Homophobic" Remark

Posted Nov 21st 2006 12:00PM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: TV, The View, Rosie O'Donnell

Rosie O'Donnell started a bitchfight with fellow morning-diva Kelly Ripa when she accused Ripa of making a "homophobic" remark.

The fracas started on "The View" when O'Donnell said that Ripa was "homophobic" for her scolding of Aiken when he co-hosted her show the other day and playfully put his hand over her mouth, prompting Ripa to snap, "I don't know where that hand has been." Rosie suggested that if Aiken had been a "straight guy, a cute guy" or, for instance, Mario Lopez, Ripa wouldn't have made the same remark. (Aiken, of course, has never said anything publicly about his sexuality.)

Ripa was incensed enough to call into the show immediately, firing back that Rosie's accusation was "outrageous" and "irresponsible" and that Ripa made the remark last Friday because it was "cold and flu season" and that Aiken had shaken the hands of the studio audience. Rosie wasn't buying it, and in acknowledging that she admires Ripa, said that "from where I sit" as an openly gay woman, Ripa's response was homophobic.

Kelly, for her part, continued to pile on Aiken as well, saying that his behavior on last week's episode was "disrespectful," including the fact that he never thanked her for the opportunity to co-host. Kelly and the ladies agreed on one thing: guest host Sherri Shepherd's assertion that Clay probably wouldn't have muzzled Regis like he did Kelly.

I am totally on Kelly's side. It is extremely rude to put your hand over anyone's mouth. <_< You just don't do that. It is a complete invasion of personal space and Clay shouldn't have done it. It was also probably embarassing for Kelly since she is the regular host on the show. Rosie is just looking for some s--t to stir up.

I think that Rosie bringing homophobia into this is just ridiculous. What I saw was that Clay, as the guest host, did something very rude by putting his hand over the regular hosts mouth to shut her up. I think that Kelly made a little joke out of it to diffuse the situation because they were on the air and in front of an audience and she knew that she couldn't rip him a new one right there and then.

Rosie claiming it's homophobia is just as stupid as Al Sharpton blaming everything on everyone being racist.

I agree that it's rude (outrageous) for anyone to put a hand over someone's mouth - but let's not be oblivious to the fact that Ripa would have been 1,000 x more likely to say that to a gay guy than a straight one.

Yeah, but Clay has never admitted he is gay, even though we all know he is. I think it was probably just her reflex to push him away and say whatever. What she said isn't even that offensive. Rosie is reading WAY too much into it. jmo

I agree that it's rude (outrageous) for anyone to put a hand over someone's mouth - but let's not be oblivious to the fact that Ripa would have been 1,000 x more likely to say that to a gay guy than a straight one.

Yeah, but Clay has never admitted he is gay, even though we all know he is. I think it was probably just her reflex to push him away and say whatever. What she said isn't even that offensive. Rosie is reading WAY too much into it. jmo

Yeah, possibly.

And as a germaphobe, I am with Kelly on this one. If he has been shaking the hands of the audience I do not want his hands anywhere near my face or mouth. That is a great way to catch the flu.

Rosie is just looking for some s--t to stir up.

I think she's on a quiet campaign to be let go from her View spot.

Seriously, why scream homophobia for a person that is denying that they are gay? She is making it worse for him. Especially with her "it is a difficult time in his life, he is so confused" crap that she is spewing.

Me thinks she just outed him. ;)

Wow...I just realized that. She could end his career...at least to all the claymates who actually believe he's straight. :o

Me thinks she just outed him. ;)

Wow...I just realized that. She could end his career...at least to all the claymates who actually believe he's straight. :o

Are they headless?

Seriously, why scream homophobia for a person that is denying that they are gay? She is making it worse for him. Especially with her "it is a difficult time in his life, he is so confused" crap that she is spewing.

Exactly which makes the whole thing rather humorous because how could anyone take that as homophobic unless they were assuming the person was gay to begin with.

MC could be on to something or maybe it's a quiet campaign to out people while making it look like someone else's fault. Either way, Rosie will be providing lots and lots of snark before her contract is over! :D

I think I could handle Rosie having an opinion if only she wasn't so adamant about her being the only opinion that is right.

Go Team Ripa!!