princess

Jessica Alba

That seems really old because she was dating WEatherly during Dark Angel and broke up when that ended...I hadn't heard she got back together with him....

Rough Training

JESSICA Alba is more than just a pretty face. She's been schooled in acting by none other than "Desperate Housewife" Felicity Huffman. "Felicity was very hard on me. She's a tough cookie, that one." Alba told Boston TV reporter Tim Estiloz on the set of "Rise of the Silver Surfer." Alba took a six-week, six-hours-a-day intensive acting course with Huffman and her hubby, "Wild Hogs" star William H. Macy. "I just remember her making me cry because I didn't prepare a scene right, or I didn't talk loud enough," Alba recalled.

Worth A Fortune

JESSICA Alba is the new face of Revlon, and is being paid handsomely for it. She's said to be collecting $5 million, with her first job starring in a global campaign for Revlon's 3D extreme mascara. Alba, who recently shot the campaign in L.A., also put to rest rumors of strife between her and boyfriend Cash Warren when he came to visit her on set. Alba's "Fantastic Four" co-star, Beau Garrett, has also been signed by Revlon, but his role is as yet undefined.

riday, April 20, 2007

Jessica Alba and Cash Warren: Break up!

It's official. Jessica Alba is back on the open market. She and her longtime boyfriend Cash Warren are both telling everyone that they broke up over a week ago and that's that. Friends speculate that Cash was too busy working all the time and Jessica was away working so much that they couldn't keep it together. Cash isn't a bad catch himself - he's the Yale educated son of actor Michael Warren. Guys all over LA will be thrilled that Jessica is single again - now she has nothing to do on her birthday April 28. Cash was planning to take her to the Coachella rock concert but now that's off. Jessica and Cash are hoping to keep the split civil but as of now, they're not talking

The source was Janet Chaleston/Charlatan

The Newest Fantastic Four Opens in Australia

Filed under: Jessica Alba , Red Carpet

Posted Image

At the premiere for "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer" in Australia, both Jessica Alba and Michael Chiklis got the memo that it was a fancy event, warranting red-carpet-worthy ensembles. Ioan Gruffudd and Chris Evans, on the other hand, decided to rummage through Justin Timberlake's closet for some comfy hand-me-down's. The film premieres in Australia this June and its star, Jessica Alba, recently talked to The Daily Mirror about the pressures she faces as a beautiful starlet.

"I have my own fashion style and do not try to fit in. I don't have my breasts under my chin, I'm not showing butt cheeks, nor much legs. I don't go for the trendiest look."

The 26-year-old recently claimed she wants to be a "serious actress", and does not want her movies to be all about "me in a bikini".

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to get more of what I do to be about me in a bikini.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

More photos from the Australian premiere of "Fantastic Four" after the jump.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted by: Lisa Timmons

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/03/the_ne...n_australia.php

14th Annual Revlon Run/Walk for Women in L.A.

Filed under: Events , Sheryl Crow

Posted Image

Billed as one of the country's largest 5K fundraiser, the Revlon Run/Walk for Women took place over the Mother's Day Weekend in Los Angeles. Several celebrity supporters showed up to participate in the event created to raise funds for cancer research. Fran Drescher, Sheryl Crow, Eva Mendes, Jessica Alba and Michael Chiklis all lent their support to the cause. Seriously, though, my favorite is Shar Jackson, who seems pleasant enough. But I must admit that her "career" confuses me. What is it exactly that she does? And may I please get to do it as well? Because she seems to be doing aight, considering I'm only really familiar with her ability to bear Kevin Federline's children.

Also, Jessica Alba is frustrating me even further by participating. It's almost as if she's saying, "I'm beautiful AND I hate cancer. Top that." Dammit. For the life of me, I simply can't.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

More photos (Mandy Moore, Fran Drescher, Sheryl Crow, Eva Mendes, Michael Chiklis, Jessica Alba, Shar Jackson) from the Revlon Walk in Los Angeles after the jump.

(Mandy Moore, Fran Drescher)

(Sheryl Crow)

(Eva Mendes, Michael Chiklis, Jessica Alba)

(Jessica Alba, Shar Jackson)

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/14/14th_a...women_in_la.php

Lohan, Alba Tops Maxim's 'Hot 100 List'

NEW YORK (AP) Lindsay rules.

According to Maxim magazine, at least this month, she's the hottest woman in the world.

The "Georgia Rule" actress-troublemaker tops the magazine's eighth annual "Hot 100" list, a ranking by editors weighing buzz and beauty for women in film, TV, music, sports and fashion.

"There is no other star in the world (who) causes more of a stir in the public eye than Lindsay," said Maxim Editor in Chief Jimmy Jellinek in a statement. "Her every move is watched and reported on."

Not surprisingly, Jellinek described his young, male readership as being "obsessed" with the 20-year-old Lohan, a ubiquitous party girl who spent the weekend soaking up the sun (with a new boyfriend) in the Bahamas.

Jessica Alba had to settle with the No. 2 on the list, which is in the magazine hitting stands Saturday. She's followed, in order, by Scarlett Johansson, Christina Aguilera, Jessica Biel, Ali Larter, Eva Mendes, Rihanna, Eva Longoria, Fergie, Sienna Miller, Angelina Jolie, Beyonce Knowles and Katherine Heigl.

Celebrity sisters Ashlee and Jessica Simpson are on the list at No. 16 and 41, respectively. Ashley Olsen, half of the mogul acting twins, placed 37th, while sister Mary-Kate didn't make the cut.

The cover of the Hot-100 June issue features a picture of No. 29: Sarah Silverman.

___

On the Net:

http://www.maximonline.com

http://www.georgiarulemovie.net

Jessica Alba's Still Hot at Number 2

Filed under: Jessica Alba , Photo Shoot

Posted Image

Jessica Alba pulls out the big guns for some "Fantastic 4" promotion. Maybe this layout will knock Lindsay Lohan off the top of the Maxim Hot 100.

See Jessica blow after the jump.

Posted Image

Posted by: Jessica Marx

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/16/jessic...at_number_2.php

All AP News

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ex-Spice Girl a Presenter at MTV Awards

AP

Victoria Beckham, Cameron Diaz, Lindsay Lohan and Robin Williams are among the stars set to present "golden popcorn" trophies at the 2007 MTV Movie Awards.

Other famous faces expected at the June 3 ceremony include Jessica Biel, Mandy Moore, Bruce Willis and John Krasinski, MTV announced Monday.

They will join previously announced presenters Samuel L. Jackson, Jessica Alba, John Travolta and Shia LaBeouf. Sarah Silverman will host the show, which is to feature performances by Amy Winehouse, Rihanna and Jay-Z.

Among the films vying for top honors are "300," "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest," "Blades of Glory," "The Devil Wears Prada" and "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan."

Fans can vote for their favorites online and by text message. The 2007 MTV Movie Awards will air live from the Gibson Amphitheatre in Universal City.

___

On the Net:

MTV:

http://movieawards.mtv.com

Jessica Alba says her looks can be deceiving.

"People think of me as just a sexy girl," the self-described "dork," 26, says in the June issue of InStyle, "but I'm really goofy – like, super goofy."

Not that she's knocking her looks, which first made her famous on the 2000-02 TV series Dark Angel. "I had womanly curves at a young age," she says. "Usually kid actors are a few years older than the roles they play. I was two or three years younger."

She also owns up to having a strong rebellious streak. "I love challenging authority," she says. "It probably wasn't easy being my parents. The second somebody says no to me is the second I'm going to jump up and say yes."

Still, she'd like to have kids one day, though she says she might adopt because it could take a while to find the right man. "I'm not the easiest person to hang with," she says. "I'm away a lot, and it's an unconventional life. But if I could find a partner, that would be best. I probably won't have kids without one."

Though Alba dates Cash Warren, she admits to a crush on former Tennessee congressman Harold Ford Jr. "He is so cute, he's adorable, and he's single," she says. "I went to one of his fund-raisers."

When she does settle down, she wants it to be for keeps: "My parents taught me about unconditional love, because you have your ups and downs, but you stick through it. I learned a lot from that, and I know that kind of love is possible. ... My parents made a forever commitment, and I know that's what I want."

Jessica Alba Says She's Really a 'Dork' - Jessica Alba : People.com

More of the Pretty Girls Emphasizing How Great Their Personalities Are

Filed under: Jessica Alba

Posted Image

Do I sound bitter? Because I'm really trying not to. (That's a lie.) But seriously, why can't these Hollywood actresses understand that as quirky and interesting may they very well be, their biggest assets are the things that fill out their bikinis so nicely. But NO. On top of making tons of money for looking pretty, they want to front like talking to them at a dinner party wouldn't be completely excruciating. And Jessica Alba's recently chatted with InStyle magazine about her love for shaking up the system cause she's just so damn rebellious.

"I love challenging authority," the 26-year-old actress tells InStyle in its June issue, on newsstands Friday. "It probably wasn't easy being my parents. The second somebody says 'no' to me is the second I'm going to jump up and say 'yes!' "

Ugh. She's lucky she was cute, cause you know an ugly kid pulling that kind of shit would promptly have been smacked. And here's another pearl of wisdom from Alba, who had apparently slipped into her "Captain Obvious" costume for this next one.

"My experience in this business is that if people think you're going to put people in seats because you have a fan base, it's more important than anything," she says.

Weird. It's almost like she's implying that it's some sort of entertainment...(what's the word?)...INDUSTRY. What a gorgeous, yet insightful woman. She's also really good at tanning.

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/23/more_o...alities_are.php

Jessica Alba's Still Hot at Number 2

Filed under: Jessica Alba , Photo Shoot

Posted Image

Jessica Alba pulls out the big guns for some "Fantastic 4" promotion. Maybe this layout will knock Lindsay Lohan off the top of the Maxim Hot 100.

See Jessica blow after the jump.

Posted Image

Posted by: Jessica Marx

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/16/jessic...at_number_2.php

To quote Jessica from a couple posts up...

The 26-year-old recently claimed she wants to be a "serious actress", and does not want her movies to be all about "me in a bikini".

Guess her producers have other things in mind... ;)

usmagazine:

Jessica Alba: I Look in the Mirror and Go “Ugh”

Thursday May 31, 2007

In Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Jessica Alba plays a woman with the power to become invisible. In the new issue of Parade, the actress reveals that she often wishes she could disappear.

“I prefer to be a little more anonymous, under the radar,” she said. “I like to be able to slide in and out of situations unnoticed.”

Not likely. This year, FHM named the 25-year-old Sexiest Woman in the World and with six movies coming out this year, Alba’s star is only rising higher.

See highlights from the interview below and find out how the Good Luck Chuck actress feels about being a sex symbol, working in a male-dominated career, and who she couldn't "give two-sh-ts" about.

On always wanting to be an actress:

“I had a lot of tenacity from a very young age. I was pretty clear on what I wanted to do with my life – I wanted to act. My dad was like, ‘When are you going to go to regular school? When are you going to get a job?’ It wasn’t until my dad visited the set [of her television series Dark Angel] and saw how hard I worked that he understood.”

On growing up an Air Force brat of mixed heritage:

“I always felt like a fish out of water, and I never felt comfortable with kids my own age. When you move around a lot, and you look different, other kids bully you.”

On the paparazzi:

“I could give two sh-ts about them. They’re so lame, I can’t even believe that’s a real job. I can’t imagine they even pay taxes.”

On being a sex symbol:

“I don’t really pay attention to all that. It’s only when people start to treat me like one that it really freaks me out. Most days I wake up and look in the mirror and go, ‘ugh.’ I don’t really think I look all that great.”

On being a celebrity:

“I never want to be in the papers except when I’m promoting a movie, but if they have to, they’ll make up lies about me just to have something newsworthy to say. The more controversial the story is, the more buzz it can get, and the more it’ll sell.”

On working in a man’s world:

“I’m in a business that’s completely driven by white males. The majority of writers and directors are men. And even though I’m not, like, such a huge feminist, I do want to produce movies on my own that are female-driven and empowering to women. Variety is good. The woman’s voice really isn’t present in Hollywood.”

On the future:

“This year, for once in my life, I hope I’ll have the power to start doing what I really want to do. Maybe people will kind of see me for who I am instead of just basing their opinion on some paparazzi’s pictures of me taken on the beach.”

With an expanding string of strange quotes being attributed to her, Jessica Alba is gradually making the queer transition from sex symbol to self-loathing, Mexican sex symbol. Consider this Grand Wizard-esque tidbit: “I’ve got cousins galore. Mexicans just spread all their seeds. And the women just pop them out.” That’s right, Mexican women just “pop them out.” Holy shit! And then there’s this one:

“My grandfather…tried to forget his Mexican roots, because he never wanted his kids to be made to feel different in America. He and my grandmother didn’t speak Spanish to their children. Now, as a third-generation American, I feel as if I have finally cut loose.”

Wow. I understand that the desire to assimilate and be accepted for who you rather than what your ethnicity is. But talking about how proud you are to be a part of the generation that was finally able to get rid of that whole “Mexican” burden is fucked up on a variety of levels, each one riddled with more shame than the one prior.

http://www.mollygood.com/uncategoriz...sica-20070615/

"Fantastic Four" Does Well, I React by Being an "Unenthused One"

Filed under: Film , Jessica Alba

Posted Image

The latest installment of the "Fantastic Four" film series, "Rise of the Silver Surfer" was the number one movie over the weekend in North American ticket sales, doing even better than the "Fantastic Four" film that preceded it. In its first three days, "Fantastic Four" grossed $56 million, whereas the sequel has raked in $57.4 million, according to senior vice president of distribution for 20th Century Fox, Chris Aronson.

"We did fantastically, pun intended," Aronson said. "The silver lining is that it outperformed the first one. It worked from Fairbanks to Fort Lauderdale and everywhere in between. It worked in big cities. It worked in small towns."

Ugh. Great. Just what I need. More success for Jessica Alba. I'm so glad I don't have to hang out with that girl. I can imagine the conversation would be a lot of, "God, you're so lucky not to be as BEAUTIFUL as I am. I can't tell you how annoying it is that my breasts are perky and my lips are plump. If someone tosses any more money at me to strut around in tight outfits, I'm going to kill myself." To which I'd have to reply, "Would you like some help?"

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://socialitelife.com/2007/06/18/fantas...nthused_one.php

Jessica Alba Breaks Up With Boyfriend Cash Warren

Wednesday July 25, 2007

After two-and-a-half years together, Jessica Alba and Cash Warren have split. The 26-year-old actress broke up with Warren, a 28-year-old producer, last week over the phone, sources tell Usmagazine.com.

Sources tell Us that Alba, who was abroad over the weekend promoting Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, called Warren on July 22 and told him, "I'm not in love with you anymore." Within hours, Alba had dispatched an assistant to the L.A. home they shared to pack up Warren's belongings and move him out.

Warren and Alba met on the set of Fantastic Four in 2005, when Warren was the assistant to the film's director, Tim Story.

Despite the gap between them on the film industry food chain, the couple were often seen partying at Hollywood events and enjoying romantic vacations from Mexico to Miami.

In 2005, months into her relationship with Warren, Alba told Us, "being in love has made it a hot year."

Just a month ago, Spike TV named Warren the "Luckiest Bastard" of 2007 at their first annual Guy's Choice Awards, due to his relationship with Alba.

But now, a source tells Us that Warren isn't feeling lucky at all and is, understandably, very upset.

The breakup "happened...almost out of nowhere," the source says. "[Cash] thinks its for another guy but doesn't know....he's totally devastated. But it was all her."

Alba's rep declined to comment.

To quote Jessica from a couple posts up...

Guess her producers have other things in mind... ;)

LOL! Yes. I guess what she meant was, "I want it to be about me in a bikini, but not JUST that...more like me, in a bikini, AND spitting water out of my mouth."

Posted Image

Edited by soho2chelsea

I just can't bring myself to snark on her. I keep thinking of Paris, Nicole and Brit because of their similar age and it makes Jessica look like a frickin' genius in how she's handling her life!

;) :unsure:

Within hours, Alba had dispatched an assistant to the L.A. home they shared to pack up Warren's belongings and move him out.

Lainey quoted this as Alba sent an assistant to the house to move HER stuff out. Wonder who's right?? :rolleyes:

Fantastic Single

13 minutes ago

by Sarah Hall

Jessica Alba has broken up with her boyfriend, Cash Warren, sources close to the couple confirm to E! Online. After ending the romance, the actress reportedly had her assistant help Warren move his things out of the home they shared. Her publicist had no comment on the situation.

Jessica Alba Isn't In Love With Cash Warren Anymore

Posted Image

Us Weekly claims Jessica Alba called up her boyfriend of 2 1/2 years, Cash Warren, and told him "I'm not in love with you anymore." Jessica is currently overseas promoting "Fantastic Four." Hours after telling him she was done with him, Jessica had her assistant in Los Angeles go to her home and pack all his shit up.

A friend close to Cash said it happened out of nowhere. "[Cash] thinks it's for another guy but doesn't know....he's totally devastated. But it was all her."

Jessica has been rumored to be dating 50 Cent, but who knows? Her career is taking off, so she probably wants someone more high-profile.

There were also rumors that she "interviewed" for the role of Mrs. Tom Cruise before Katie. HAH!

http://www.dlisted.com/

Jessica Alba Isn't In Love With Cash Warren Anymore

Us Weekly claims Jessica Alba called up her boyfriend of 2 1/2 years, Cash Warren, and told him "I'm not in love with you anymore." Jessica is currently overseas promoting "Fantastic Four." Hours after telling him she was done with him, Jessica had her assistant in Los Angeles go to her home and pack all his shit up.

A friend close to Cash said it happened out of nowhere. "[Cash] thinks it's for another guy but doesn't know....he's totally devastated. But it was all her."

Jessica has been rumored to be dating 50 Cent, but who knows? Her career is taking off, so she probably wants someone more high-profile.

There were also rumors that she "interviewed" for the role of Mrs. Tom Cruise before Katie. HAH!

http://www.dlisted.com/

Hmm... high profiler in search of a beard... McBongo! (That Brazilian model is a non-entity, although maybe he prefers it that way.)