princess

Oprah Winfrey

How sweet Gayle and Oprah had a romantic summer vacation in Italy ! Just the two of them !! They need to come out and admit they are gay !!!

Oprah Winfrey says she weighs 200 pounds

Dec 9, 11:27 AM (ET)

By CARYN ROUSSEAU

CHICAGO (AP) - When it comes to her weight, Oprah Winfrey has always been straightforward. The talk show queen continues the honesty, saying in the January issue of "O" magazine out Tuesday that she now weighs 200 pounds and has "fallen off the wagon" when it comes to healthy living.

"I'm mad at myself," Winfrey writes in an article provided early to The Associated Press by Harpo Productions.

"I'm embarrassed," she writes. "I can't believe that after all these years, all the things I know how to do, I'm still talking about my weight. I look at my thinner self and think, 'How did I let this happen again?'"

In the piece, Winfrey, 54, details her recent struggles with an out-of-balance thyroid and how the condition made her develop "a fear of working out." She says she's added 40 pounds to her frame since she weighed 160 pounds in 2006.

"Yes, you're adding correctly; that means the dreaded 2-0-0," Winfrey writes. "I was so frustrated I started eating whatever I wanted - and that's never good."

Winfrey also writes that her goal is no longer to be thin; instead, she wants to be strong, healthy and fit. She hopes to get started with her upcoming "Best Life Week," starting Jan. 5 with an episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" during which she is expected to talk candidly about her weight.

Winfrey, who is chairman of Harpo Inc., famously wheeled a wagon loaded with fat onto the set of her talk show in 1988 to represent a 67-pound weight loss while wearing a pair of size 10 Calvin Klein jeans. She had lost the pounds with a liquid protein diet.

"I had literally starved myself for four months - not a morsel of food," Winfrey recalled in 2005. "Two hours after that show, I started eating to celebrate - of course, within two days those jeans no longer fit!"

Winfrey's weight has yo-yoed to the delight of the tabloid press ever since. She weighed as many as 237 pounds and by late 1990 acknowledged she had regained most of the 67 pounds, saying "I'll never diet again."

In 1994, she finished the Marine Corps Marathon and by 1996 hired personal trainer Bob Greene, saying her roller-coaster weight saga was over.

But now, 20 years since the Calvin Klein jeans episode, Winfrey finds herself tipping the scales again, telling AP Television last week that she has yet to choose a gown for President-elect Barack Obama's inaugural ball next month.

"I had a dress on the vision board, but I'm not sure that's gonna fit," Winfrey said. "So I have to work on something else."

In the latest "O" magazine article, Winfrey writes that she hit rock bottom when she wanted to skip out on an April 26 taping with Cher and Tina Turner in Las Vegas.

"I felt like a fat cow," Winfrey writes. "I wanted to disappear."

Winfrey's weight and height put her body mass index at 31.8, which is obese, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The CDC says people who are obese are "at higher risk for chronic conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol."

It seems Winfrey is aware of the health risks, inviting both Greene and Dr. Mehmet Oz to her show during the first week of January, along with spirituality experts, sex therapists and financial expert Suze Orman.

Winfrey also is expected to discuss her weight on her XM satellite radio station's "The Gayle King Show" on Jan. 5 and will host interactive live Web casts at Oprah.com the week of Jan. 12 to 16 every night at 9 p.m. EST.

Winfrey, an admitted food addict, sounds almost apologetic in her article.

"I definitely wasn't setting an example," she writes. "I was talking the talk, but I wasn't walking the walk. And that was very disappointing to me."

---

On the Net:

http://www.oprah.com

I always laugh at Oprah's show..she does all these shows with her doctor and trainer and she's standing there so obviously overweight.

I mean come on...did she have to issue a statement saying she's fat? It's OBVIOUS girlfriend.

I always laugh at Oprah's show..she does all these shows with her doctor and trainer and she's standing there so obviously overweight.

I mean come on...did she have to issue a statement saying she's fat? It's OBVIOUS girlfriend.

I know, it was really starting to get to me. She'd sit in chairs with solid sides, wear full skirts, be filmed from the neck up. Her magazine covers were always airbrushed to make her look thinner. I think she finally was forced to make a public statement about it.

If you take our genetic factors, add menopause AND her thyroid condition.... I think we're seeing the result of that with her. Not everyone is destined to be skinny and not everyone who is overweight is unhealthy. In fact, those who are really skinny are sometimes more unhealthy than larger people.

I wish we would really focus on health and not just the what we think is the outer manifestation of health.

She looks much heavier on tv than she does on that cover in those purple sweats...photoshopping going on there.

If I were her...with her money....with her celebrity....I wouldn't worry so much about the weight.

Like you said if she's healthy at whatever weight that should be her goal.

And it's not exactly like she's going to be in Playboy or anything.

Edited by purplehaze

She never had the abs that were painted in (the white suit picture). She never had those slim hips either (except for after the liquid diet, but only for a few days). I know that television adds 10 pounds, but so does photography. I do have to give her credit for at least owning up to the weight gain. (I do think she weighs more than 200 though). Once again, it's all about her. What better way to kick off a new year than to be the focus of another scheme to get people involved. But hey, if people do get healthy... I'm all for it.

Posted Image

It's great to be healthy and not skinny. However--I don't think Oprah is all that healthy at the moment either. She admitted she's not exercising and she "rewards" herself with food. How many of us reward ourselves with carrot sticks?? So she's probably not eating the best, well-rounded, diet. I still refuse to watch her on tv, but I have admitted before I can totally relate to her weight struggles and it makes her more like a normal woman i can relate to. You know, if all my friends were multi-billionnaires too :lol:

Seriously, she's getting kudos for being so "honest" when she puts those two obviously photoshopped pics on the front. As was mentioned, she never had those damn abs or slim hips, and even the "now" picture is much slimmer than she really is. This is really annoying to people who don't have billions and the chefs and personal trainers than come with them. If she really wants to come clean she should show unretouched photos and give her real weight (also not buying the 200 lbs. statement). And no I'm not a big overweight poor person, just someone who's tired of the hypocrisy. -_-

Oprah has a lot of junk in her trunk!

Uh...I'm not exactly the perfect weight myself but then again I don't have access to the top chefs, doctors and trainers that she does.

I'm with the poster that says she's just using this to spin more publicity her way.

Being hypothyroid can make it darn near impossible to lose weight. Your metabolism, your entire body is slowed way, way down. When I was hypothyroid, I was consuming fewer than 800 calories per day (I counted them) and forcing myself to exercise vigorously daily, yet I continued to gain weight. I have to call Oprah on "afraid to exercise," though. Your thyroid does not make you fear exercise. An underperforming thyroid will make you sluggish and will make you feel too tired to exercise, but there is no fear involved at all. I do wish she would stop spreading incorrect information about thyroid disorders; thyroid problems are so common, and Oprah could be disseminating useful information instead of "fear of exercise."

Being hypothyroid can make it darn near impossible to lose weight. Your metabolism, your entire body is slowed way, way down. When I was hypothyroid, I was consuming fewer than 800 calories per day (I counted them) and forcing myself to exercise vigorously daily, yet I continued to gain weight. I have to call Oprah on "afraid to exercise," though. Your thyroid does not make you fear exercise. An underperforming thyroid will make you sluggish and will make you feel too tired to exercise, but there is no fear involved at all. I do wish she would stop spreading incorrect information about thyroid disorders; thyroid problems are so common, and Oprah could be disseminating useful information instead of "fear of exercise."

excellent, Empress!

excellent, Empress!

I'm hypothyroid and on medication, I'm just about Oprah's age, I'm doing the menopause thing (EEK) and I am pretty active. Exercising does nothing for weight loss for me. Nothing. In fact, a few years ago, I started power walking. I'd go 5-6 days a week and do 2-3 miles per day, mostly on hills. I gained 2 pounds over 2 years! I eat very modestly - haven't seen a brownie or a cheeseburger for a long time now. All this and I gain about 5 pounds a year. My doctor says that's pretty normal (even without being hypothyroid) - that women at this age, if they do nothing different (don't reduce calories and don't increase their exercise) gain from 5-10 pounds a year. It's disheartening, especially when people think that everyone can be thin if they'd just eat the right things and exercise. It's soooo not true.

So while I applaud Oprah for owning up to her weight gain, I wish she'd go a bit further and have a doctor explain menopause and it's weight gain issues. I think doctors don't want to say it publicly because they don't want to be seen as giving people an excuse to gain weight and not continually try to take it off.

:(

So while I applaud Oprah for owning up to her weight gain, I wish she'd go a bit further and have a doctor explain menopause and it's weight gain issues. I think doctors don't want to say it publicly because they don't want to be seen as giving people an excuse to gain weight and not continually try to take it off.

:(

Don't forget all the advertising money from the diet industry (which includes Dr. Oz)-wouldn't want to question the constant drumbeat of "lose, lose, lose."

Personally, I'm sick of her cyclical self flagelation about her weight. Its boring. With all she has accomplished in her life, can't she work on accepting her body type and stop with the shame based confessionals? If not, she can do something (yet again) about the weight if she wants, but please stop talking about it already. Its this crap that further perpetuates the body loathing garbage and societal pressure that we women have to deal with. With all that she has achieved, you would think Oprah would be a solid and credible spokesperson about how women's value is not tied into their weight. Too bad that opportunity is squandered.

Enough, Oprah. I'm done. (steps off soapbox)

Personally, I'm sick of her cyclical self flagelation about her weight. Its boring. With all she has accomplished in her life, can't she work on accepting her body type and stop with the shame based confessionals? If not, she can do something (yet again) about the weight if she wants, but please stop talking about it already. Its this crap that further perpetuates the body loathing garbage and societal pressure that we women have to deal with. With all that she has achieved, you would think Oprah would be a solid and credible spokesperson about how women's value is not tied into their weight. Too bad that opportunity is squandered.

Bravo! Very well said!

This could be her chance to change the world (so to speak) by getting "experts" to tell the truth about weight, genes, body type and health. Too bad she's not quite there yet because she doesn't seem to accept herself at all. Either that, or she is still swayed by the media who seems to expect everyone to be healthy and thin. (And the thin ones often aren't healthy!)

As long as Oprah continues to berate herself for her "emotional eating", while not actually figuring out why she does it and either accept it or change it, she's not doing anyone any favors by redirecting the attention to some major campaign. While the campaign itself does have some merit, you're right - she is squandering this opportunity.

Oprah Adopts a Puppy!

Oprah Winfrey has a new puppy!

The talk show host and her longtime beau, Stedman Graham, adopted an 8-week-old blonde-colored cocker spaniel on Sunday, the rep for PAWS Chicago shelter, Lisa Nowak, confirms to Usmagazine.com.

"[The dog] is really cute," Nowak tells Us. "Oprah saw her and fell in love with her! She was very excited."

The pup -- one of a litter of six -- was named Amanda by shelter staff, but Nowak isn't sure if Winfrey renamed her.

Winfrey's two cocker spaniels, Sophie and Solomon, died last year. Her golden retriever, Gracie, choked to death on a plastic ball in 2007.

She still has two golden retrievers, Luke and Layla.

The host vowed to adopt her next pooch after dedicating a show to puppy mill horrors. She also donated money in Sophie's name for a room at PAWS Chicago.

"She's very supportive," Nowak says. "It's great to have her in."

Source: Us Weekly

Dennis Quaid Returns to Hospital – with Oprah's Crew

Sixteen months after Dennis Quaid and his wife Kimberly rushed their newborn twins to the hospital – and three months after the couple reached a settlement with the facility for the accidental overdose of their babies – the actor returns to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles to see what measures have been secured so the mistake does not repeat itself.

And, this time, he's accompanied by a crew from The Oprah Winfrey Show, for an episode to air March 10.

"I [felt] like when you go to hospitals, before this incident, that I [would] be taken care of and everything's gonna be fine," Quaid, 54, tells Winfrey. "People know what they're doing. And they do for the most part. But mistakes happen. Errors occur all the time."

In the case of the Quaids' newborns, their massive overdose of the blood thinner Heparin was 1,000 times the dosage they should have received. "It was like the floor was pulled out from under our feet," Quaid recalls. "It was quite a shock."

Entering Cedars with Winfrey's camera crew, he says, "Being here brings back a lot of memories, not all of them good."

The babies, Thomas Boone and Zoe Grace, recovered and are now in good health, providing what Quaid calls "a happy ending." And a bright future.

"I just remember thinking that … this did happen for a reason. These two little kids, 12 days old, they're gonna change the world in some way," says their father. "And I think that reason is to raise awareness, and to get something done about computerized record keeping and bar coding in hospitals."

Source People

Source.

Oprah: It’s Great to Have a Private Jet

By Robert Frank

The private-jet industry may have finally found its savior.

During a speech to Duke University’s graduating class, Oprah talked about the secrets and joys of success. Among them: owning a mansion and a jet.

Bombardier

“It’s great to have a nice home. It’s great to have nice homes! It’s great to have a nice home that just escaped the fire in Santa Barbara,” she told the students. “It’s great to have a private jet. Anyone that tells you that having your own private jet isn’t great is lying to you.”

She went on to explain that “you haven’t completed the circle of success until you help someone else move to a higher ground and get to a better place.”

The golden nugget here is the jet part. In these times of hair-shirt capitalism and envy politics, the wealthy have been going to great lengths to pretend they don’t enjoy luxury or want nice stuff. If Oprah were like most of the faux-populist rich today, she would have said something like, “I don’t need private jets, in fact I’m happier flying commercial and living in a small house. I like the simple life.” Of course, she would be lying.

But she didn’t. She told the truth, which is that flying in a private jet is one of the great material perks that money can buy. (Talk to anyone who used to be rich and they will say one thing they really miss is the jet. Apparently Oprah’s ride is a $42 million custom-build Global Express XRS built by Bombardier Aerospace).

For the past few months, the private-jet industry has been mounting an enormous public-relations campaign to get people to fly private again. It will take a recovery and wealth creation to really turn the business around. Perhaps for the public-relations part, it should forget all the boring arguments about jobs and productivity and efficiency and run a picture of Oprah with one simple line: “It’s Great to Have a Private Jet.”

OPRAH'S SECRET DIARIES ARE MISSING!

Oprah Winfrey's private diaries are missing - and The ENQUIRER has learned the most intimate secrets in them!

The talk-show queen has confided the shocking contents of her secret journals to close pals, including the admission that she and her best pal Gayle King are more than just friends who often share the same bed!

Oprah is terrified those disclosures could be "misinterpreted" if the diaries become public, sources say, and she's worried that longtime love Stedman Graham will leave if he discovers her true thoughts.

The powerful media mogul also says she's recently written in her diaries that her eating binges are getting worse, insiders say, and called her former protege Dr. Phil McGraw a snake who can't be trusted!

Oprah has been writing regular entries in her diaries since she worked at a Baltimore TV station with Gayle during the late 1970s, another insider divulged.

"Oprah is frantic to get these diaries back!" a close source told The ENQUIRER. "She's admitted she's written some things over the years that are very explosive!"

I think I learned at age 10 (because of my snoopy older sister) to never write anything in a diary that you don't want the world to know. My skin crawls at the mention of Dr. Phil so I hope he is exposed for the slimy, creepy, crud-sucker that he is.

did she say that she and Gayle are more than friends and sometimes sleep together in the same bed??? lololol That will surprize some of her fans but most of us have known or suspected this for a long time!!!