princess

Star Jones

Star Flees New York to Seek New Gig

Posted Oct 3rd 2006 8:59AM by TMZ Staff

Star Jones is trying desperately to line up her own talk show – so why is she camped out in Miami trying to make it happen?

The deposed ex-"View"-er and her husband Al Reynolds have ditched the Big Apple for the milder climes of Miami, says Page Six, and they've bunkered themselves in a South Beach rental apartment to figure out their next moves. Star is zipping back and forth between Miami and LA as she tries to score a new gabfest, while the 47-year-old Al is apparently penning his autobiography.

Whatever their professional motives, the couple is, as the Post points out, trying to "escape the pressure of New York." And to give their swag-loving image a little burnish, the pair has supposedly sworn off taking freebies, as they did to the hilt in their 2004 wedding.

THE SWEET SPOT

Star Jones and Al Reynolds help hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons ring in his 49th birthday at Miami hotspot Lucky Strike on Monday.

Posted Image

Star Flees New York to Seek New Gig

Posted Oct 3rd 2006 8:59AM by TMZ Staff

Star Jones is trying desperately to line up her own talk show – so why is she camped out in Miami trying to make it happen?

The deposed ex-"View"-er and her husband Al Reynolds have ditched the Big Apple for the milder climes of Miami, says Page Six, and they've bunkered themselves in a South Beach rental apartment to figure out their next moves. Star is zipping back and forth between Miami and LA as she tries to score a new gabfest, while the 47-year-old Al is apparently penning his autobiography.

Whatever their professional motives, the couple is, as the Post points out, trying to "escape the pressure of New York." And to give their swag-loving image a little burnish, the pair has supposedly sworn off taking freebies, as they did to the hilt in their 2004 wedding.

Why would anyone want to read BGA's autobiography?

Star Magazine is reporting that Star has a new gig. The weekly entertainment magazine notes that months after her summertime exit from ABC’s The View, Star Jones Reynolds has a new TV job, appearing both in front of the camera and behind the scenes.

Entertainment Tonight broke the story and reports Star will serve as executive producer and host of a new TV special on Black America, which will air at the end of this year.

"We are executive producing the first year ender on Black America," Star tells ET. "We are doing a full look at the issues, the people, the conversations that were held in Black America, something that... has been a project that I've always wanted to do."

The program is set to air on TV One, a cable/satellite network which creates programming geared to African American adults.

ohnotheydidnt

Star Jones in at the Dancing with the Stars Afterparty (11/14/06)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Did she have a little accident with the cocaine, or what the hell is all over her chest?

I think it's netting to hold the dress up. Imagine a halter top that looks like a strapless dress. Lots of dresses are made this way (for the Oscars, etc.). It does look wrong on her though.

THE SWEET SPOT

Star Jones and Al Reynolds help hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons ring in his 49th birthday at Miami hotspot Lucky Strike on Monday.

Posted Image

Hmmm, I wonder how Russell and Al know each other? ;)

Edited by plick

Star Jones Admits: I Earned 'Diva' Image

TUESDAY DECEMBER 19, 2006 03:05 PM EST

By Marla Lehner

Star Jones-Reynolds, who was asked to leave The View in June, is owning up to her reputation as a diva – and says she's learning from her mistakes.

"I've earned that diva image. It's not something that I can hide from," she tells TV's Extra in an interview set to air Tuesday. "I admit sometimes I have enjoyed the celebrity more than I should have. It was well-earned, but it's softened now."

During her tenure on The View, Reynolds developed a reputation for engaging in shameless self-promotion and wanting free products – particularly during her over-the-top wedding to Al Reynolds in November 2004.

Indeed, she told PEOPLE in July that she "believed the hype" about herself. "I was on a hit show, doing (ads for) Payless; I was getting my health together; I met Al. I started to think, 'Oooo, I got it going on!' Now I know: Everything I had was a gift."

Jones, who wrote the self-help memoir Shine: A Physical, Emotional and Spiritual Journey to Finding Love, says she is changing her ways.

"I am rejoicing in learning from my mistakes and missteps and trips and falls," she tells Extra. "I've learned that sometimes modesty and humility shows the most strength and courage. That's the Star that you see right now."

Though Reynolds says she hasn't spoken to any of her former View cohosts, she recently did receive some holiday cheer from the show's youngest member, Elisabeth Hasselbeck. "I'm sure that everybody has gone on with their lives and I've gone on with mine," says Reynolds. "I get some sweet, wonderful cards from Elisabeth all the time�I got the cutest Christmas card.�

In terms of her career, Reynolds announced last week her plans to host a three-hour radio program for the Radio One broadcasting network, which is airing this week.

Legal Revival

STAR Jones Reynolds - who has been keeping a low profile since leaving "The View" last year when her nemesis Rosie O'Donnell was hired - will be back on the small screen during the May sweeps in an episode of NBC's "Law & Order: SVU." Star, who actually started out as a prosecutor, will play a lawyer consulted on a case. Ludacris also has a role in the same episode.

Jossip:

Chris & Mariska So Very Unhappy With New L&O Guest Stars

By now you've heard the news: The season finale of Law & Order: SVU won't be about a father who kills his wife and baby, but rather the trio of celebrity guest spots. Star Jones is popping up as a prosecutor, Nancy Grace plays herself, and Ludacris is ... well, we're not sure what he's doing there. Maybe he's the one who finds the body in the opening scene?

Either way, while the network is expecting a ratings boost, not everyone is thrilled with the new additions. A NBC source tells us SVU stars Chris Meloni and Mariska Hargitay are anything but pleased about the new arrivals.

Says our insider: "It's the season finale. They wanted [the last show] to be about them ... and now [producers] are bringing in all this star power. They're pissed." Adds our source: "Mostly, it's about Star Jones. Nobody wants her on the show. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how her agent got her [this role]."

To which producers replied – in the imaginary conversation we just had with them – "Chris and Mariska just got huge pay raises. Tell 'em to fuck off."

Raises or not, if this is true, I don't blame them for being pissed. Star ruins the credibility of anything she touches.

Raises or not, if this is true, I don't blame them for being pissed. Star ruins the credibility of anything she touches.

I for one wouldn't want to come in to work and find Star Jones. -_- Even knowing she was only going to be there temporarily wouldn't help. I would probably call in sick a lot, although I guess Mariska and Chris probably can't....

I for one wouldn't want to come in to work and find Star Jones. -_- Even knowing she was only going to be there temporarily wouldn't help. I would probably call in sick a lot, although I guess Mariska and Chris probably can't....

I agree...I wondered why there wasn't more of an outrage with the castmembers of CSI Miami when K-Fed showed up on an episode. :D

I agree...I wondered why there wasn't more of an outrage with the castmembers of CSI Miami when K-Fed showed up on an episode. :D

Wasn't Miami, it was the original (Vegas) And he was SUCH an idiot on the show....Maybe he wasn't around long enough for the cast to be disgusted with him :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Gawker posted this photo. Funny comments about what all has been Photoshopped (or lipo'd--real life Photoshop ;) )

Star Jones celebrates her birthday at social in Miami (2/23/07)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

bossip.com and dlisted.com

Still showing off her horrible saggy tits & weird chest, eh? -_-

Yep, but I'm more traumatized by the photo of Al shoving her finger in his mouth...shudder... ;)

Yep, but I'm more traumatized by the photo of Al shoving her finger in his mouth...shudder... ;)

Looking carefully at that photo, it appears he is doing as much as possible to avoid touching her finger and only touch the food she's holding :P

AIE! Excruciating. Look at that dangling upper arm...shudder. As for Big Gay Al... I can't even stand to comment.