Sign in to follow this  
princess

Jim Carrey

EOnline.com HE'S AN AMERICAN NOW: Jim Carrey officially becoming a United States citizen Tuesday. The Canadian-born funnyman has no intention of giving up his ties north of the border however and will maintain dual citizenship.

Carrey Opens Up About Depression

imdb.com

Actor Jim Carrey has opened up about his long-running battle with depression, describing it as a "low level of despair". The Canadian Liar Liar star admits he spent years on antidepressant drugs at a time when he was trying to convince the world that his life was good. In a 60 Minutes interview which aired in America, he says, "I was on Prozac for a long time. I'm not sure, it may have helped me out for a little bit. People stay on it forever. It felt like a low level of despair.. You're not getting any answers, but you're living okay and you can smile at the office." Carrey now stays away from coffee, cigarettes and Prozac. He adds, "I had to get off at a certain point, because I realized that everything's just okay." In the interview, Carrey also shows off his secret getaway up a hillside behind his Los Angeles mansion. He reveals, "This is where I hang out with Buddha and Krishna and all those guys. I'm a Buddhist, I'm a Muslim, I'm a Christian, I'm whatever you want me to be. It all comes down to the same thing."

Zap2It.com gossipDUMBEST QUESTIONS OF THE WEEK:This one, for Jim Carrey, about his character in "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events."QUESTION: Can Count Olaf kick Lord Voldemort's ass?ANSWER: Carrey at first looks stunned, then laughs at his character being compared to the Harry Potter nemesis. "Count Olaf would have someone else do it maybe. He has friends, with hooked-hands and nowhere to go. No, he has crazy, weird, disciple followers, he'd probably send out there in a Manson-type way."He tried defending the poor journalist as others grumbled."No. It's a good question. We'll have to put it to Claymation to see who wins."

Posted Image

A hirsute Jim Carrey goes hog wild as he takes a spin on his Harley-Davidson motorcycle in Malibu on Monday. The actor joins the ranks of other celebrity bike aficionados including Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt.

Hum.... Jim on a bike just doesn't look right for some reason :D

June 4, 2005 Page A10Waterdown, Ont. -- Movie star Jim Carrey flew from Los Angeles last night to bewith his sister in this southern Ontario community near Hamilton after learningone of her three sons had been killed in a traffic accident.Marty Fournier, 25, died of massive head injuries Thursday after the flatbed ofa landscaping truck sheared off and flew into the front of his car, crushingpart of its roof.Mr. Fournier's fiancée, who was in the car with him, escaped physical injury,but police said she was traumatized. The couple were to be married next month.CP

Carrey tells Americans to take a chill-pillSaturday January 28 2006 16:41 IST ANIWASHINGTON: America's funny man, actor Jim Carrey has a very serious message to his fellow countrymen - he wants them to sit back and learn how to enjoy their lives.The 'Bruce Almighty' star is apparently convinced that the changing American culture which emphasizes the importance of wealth and money, is not only destroying the American dream, but is also putting relationships and families in jeopardy.So, the Canadian-born actor is telling people to take a little time off and learn how to relax, instead on concentrating on making movie. "It (the American dream) used to be get a house, get a car, put your kids through school and save something for retirement. Now it's be Bill Gates or you lose. There's a ton of pressure on people growing up in America to have gargantuan success and it destroys relationships and affects the family. It's not just America, but it's very exaggerated here," Contactmusic quoted him, as saying.

Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carrey Couple Up

Friday Jun 09, 2006 7:30am EST

By Bryan Alexander

people.com

Posted Image

CREDIT: MICHAEL BUCKNER / GETTY; DAVID LIVINGSTON / GETTY

First came the sightings, then the rumors. Now a source close to the two finally confirms it: Jim Carrey and Jenny McCarthy are indeed a couple.

"They are very happy," the source tells PEOPLE.

But even though the pair was spotted at an L.A. restaurant last month, don’t think they’re going public. When McCarthy, 33, was asked recently on The View if she was dating a "well-known comedian who makes funny faces," she replied, “No comment. Does that ever work?"

Rumors that the two were an item have been percolating since late last year. When asked by PEOPLE at the December premiere of Fun With Dick and Jane whether he was seeing McCarthy, Carrey, 44, paused before saying: "I like her, she's a nice person."

Reps for both stars declined to comment.

McCarthy divorced her husband of five years, director John Asher, last year. She is currently promoting her newest book, Life Laughs: The Naked Truth About Motherhood, Marriage and Moving On.

""It (the American dream) used to be get a house, get a car, put your kids through school and save something for retirement. Now it's be Bill Gates or you lose. There's a ton of pressure on people growing up in America to have gargantuan success and it destroys relationships and affects the family. It's not just America, but it's very exaggerated here," Contactmusic quoted him, as saying"Okay. I agree. But, coming from him, isn't this a bit... rich? I mean, this is the guy who carried around a make-believe cheque he created in his wallet, for $10million all the years he was trying to make it big?

It does seem like a good match, although I've heard MANY reports that Jim Carrey is a complete freak and is a total a-hole to his dates and girlfriends, so good luck to her :blink:

It does seem like a good match, although I've heard MANY reports that Jim Carrey is a complete freak and is a total a-hole to his dates and girlfriends, so good luck to her :blink:

I've read the same thing, Soho, along with other snippets here and there that lead me to wonder whether comedians might be harder to live with than other actors. Steve Martin ( :wub: him) I read a while back was pretty much an a**hole to his wife, plus a few others (sorry my brain is blanking). Is there something about always having to be manically "on" that has a flip side of moody and mean?

Wonder if those 2 just crack each other up all day. She is a goofball.........almost like a female comedian.

Is there something about always having to be manically "on" that has a flip side of moody and mean?

I've long believed that geniuses (in whatever medium) are hardwired differently than "normal" people. Something has to be different to allow them to create such wonderful things (art, music, science, comedy) Most people learn how to control their gift so they can function in society. Many have people who help them (family, managers, etc) but those who cannot control their "gift"--find themselves in a downward spiral (Belushi, Chris Farley) or whacked out and living in Bahrain (Michael Jackson, that one's for you!)

Is there something about always having to be manically "on" that has a flip side of moody and mean?

I've long believed that geniuses (in whatever medium) are hardwired differently than "normal" people. Something has to be different to allow them to create such wonderful things (art, music, science, comedy) Most people learn how to control their gift so they can function in society. Many have people who help them (family, managers, etc) but those who cannot control their "gift"--find themselves in a downward spiral (Belushi, Chris Farley) or whacked out and living in Bahrain (Michael Jackson, that one's for you!)
ITA, Hoya :)

Steve Martin ( :wub: him) I read a while back was pretty much an a**hole to his wife, plus a few others (sorry my brain is blanking).

Poofball, His wife was Victoria Tennant, she divorced him and remarried within a year, I think. Few others = Bernadette Peters (who he totally skewered in LA Story - played my Marilu Henner). Also dated Helena Bonham Carter. And I love him too!

Steve Martin ( :wub: him) I read a while back was pretty much an a**hole to his wife, plus a few others (sorry my brain is blanking).

Poofball, His wife was Victoria Tennant, she divorced him and remarried within a year, I think. Few others = Bernadette Peters (who he totally skewered in LA Story - played my Marilu Henner). Also dated Helena Bonham Carter. And I love him too!
Thx, Kcat!

I've read the same thing, Soho, along with other snippets here and there that lead me to wonder whether comedians might be harder to live with than other actors. Steve Martin ( :wub: him) I read a while back was pretty much an a**hole to his wife, plus a few others (sorry my brain is blanking). Is there something about always having to be manically "on" that has a flip side of moody and mean?
Great point - I have known some comedians and I totally agree. They are often always either totally hyper attention whores or (as Ted alluded to in his column once) completely depressed. The standup types are the worst. I think a lot of times the manic "on" stuff hides some serious issues. (Did you guys ever see Punchline? Love that movie and it does a good job exploring this issue)Although, for the record, when I met Steve Martin, he was extremely nice and down to earth (one of the hyper but nice types). But then again I'm not his wife. Edited by soho2chelsea

Great point - I have known some comedians and I totally agree. They are often always either totally hyper attention whores or (as Ted alluded to in his column once) completely depressed. The standup types are the worst. I think a lot of times the manic "on" stuff hides some serious issues. (Did you guys ever see Punchline? Love that movie and it does a good job exploring this issue)Although, for the record, when I met Steve Martin, he was extremely nice and down to earth (one of the hyper but nice types). But then again I'm not his wife.
I remember Bill Murray talking once about how it can be hard for people to live with comedians because they expect them to be funny and happy all the time when in fact, they have down times in moods like anyone else. But ITA with the point that many of them also have issues which lead to the more manic mood swings. I'm rootin' for these two. I think she has a great sense of humor that could handle his 'other' side. The women he's been involved with before are great at what they do but personality wise - well, I could see where it would be a bad mix with Carrey.

Don't so much have an opinion either way about Jim Carrey dating Jenny McCarthy. Have read little things here and there that she is a wild child (I guess who isn't in H-wood?) but she seems to have the same sense of humor as JC and at least she doesn't take herself too seriously. In the end though, there's just something about her that's kind of groddy, IMO.

Jim Carrey makes out with Jenny McCarthy (06/20/2006)

Here's some shots of funny man Jim Carrey, working on a new 'tongue in cheek' routine with his current steady, Jenny McCartney. Courtesy of Celebrity Nation

Posted Image

Posted Image

FOR THEIR EYES ONLY: Jim Carrey gives girlfriend Jenny McCarthy his best funny face after dining at the Brentwood, Calif., eatery Takao Sushi on Wednesday. The comic duo recently took their romance to new heights – sharing a helicopter ride in Santa Monica.

Posted Image

RADIO ROMANCE: Jim Carrey brings a special plus one – date Jenny McCarthy – to the Radiohead concert in Los Angeles on Thursday. The comedic pair have been quietly seeing each other since December.

Posted Image