princess

Drew Barrymore

I think the white gown gives her an Angie Dickinson kind of look. She looks fabulous in that pic. I'm with you on the gold 30's outfit BobbyD -_-

It's so interesting that Drew was considered total trash when she was younger and strung out on drugs and now everyone loves her.... it makes me wonder if Lindsay still has a chance.

Honestly? I think if Lindsay got off drugs and stayed off for, say, a year or two while working on small, interesting projects she'd be able to stage a comeback. But the likelihood of that happening? Little to none.

Honestly? I think if Lindsay got off drugs and stayed off for, say, a year or two while working on small, interesting projects she'd be able to stage a comeback. But the likelihood of that happening? Little to none.

Everyone thought Drew was a lost cause too. If I recall correctly her book was titled "Little Girl Lost" and I remember her taking her top off on Letterman not too many years ago because I remember it being a big deal. She also did the lesbian thing, I see so many parallels that I cant help but wonder.

Well, for Lilo's sake, i certainly hope so. The girl has talent, and I hate to see anyone waste his/her life and abilities as an addict.

Everyone thought Drew was a lost cause too. If I recall correctly her book was titled "Little Girl Lost" and I remember her taking her top off on Letterman not too many years ago because I remember it being a big deal. She also did the lesbian thing, I see so many parallels that I cant help but wonder.

True, but Drew also comes from Hollywood royalty, which may count for more than we'll ever know. Having Ali-hag and White Oprah as relatives will NOT open any doors for Lindsay that might otherwise stay shut.

plus I think Drew really has worked hard to overcome her demons. I read she has no contact with her mother anymore. Her mother tried to sell her baby clothes on Ebay for money once. Sounds like something Dina would do if she was broke enough. I like Drew--she has been to hell and back and still always seems together and smiling. I don't think Lilo has the strength that Drew had to overcome it.

One benefit Drew has had is that when she was at her lowest point, it was fairly private. Yes, there was gossip & publicity, but NOTHING like there is today. For addicts craving attention (like Lindsay now, and possibly Drew back then) that could be an insurmountable obstacle. I don't know. I think Drew has done a lot - she's moved into producing and from all I read, takes it seriously and does a good job. She has fun, but she also surrounds herself with good people. I think she got the worst of the addictions out of her system while she was still young.

Recent reports (from Lainey, then others about her appearance at the Golden Globes) aren't encouraging though - I'd hate to see her sucked down again when she's doing so well artistically & on the business side.

I actually like Drew as well....(she will actually speak to us nobodies, compared to sorry ass Don Cheadle... :rolleyes: ). She's had one heck of a life. But, I'm also not so sure she's still into chemicals...Tom Green marriage might prove that, lol. And involved with Justin Long? Wow, did he win the lottery or what? :4biggrin:

But, I'm also not so sure she's still into chemicals...

Yeah, that's what I meant about Lainey's reports from a few months back, and then her appearance at the Globes....

But, I'm also not so sure she's still into chemicals...

Yeah, that's what I meant about Lainey's reports from a few months back, and then her appearance at the Globes....

Yes, Hoya...was agreeing with you. :4biggrin:

Yes, Hoya...was agreeing with you. :4biggrin:

Bobby--that's the sweetest birthday present ever :4biggrin: :hellowave: (no sarcasm--being honest!)

ok.

i literally just finished watching Grey Gardens and i can safely say that it is WITHOUT QUESTION the single best performance Drew has ever given. not only that - but it is one of the best performances i've seen in ANY film in recent memory. Both her and Jessica Lange are nothing short of BRILLIANT in their depictions of Big and Little Edie. they will surely both win Emmy's for the performance. or perhaps they'll be nominated against each other and one will win, or whatever. they each deserve it.

the film itself was extraordinary. i was a HUGE fan of the Documentary. i've seen it numerous times over the years and i was quite frankly a bit nervous to hear that they were turning it into a movie. i have always loved Drew Barrymore - though not for her talent, but moreso because she's one of the few actresses who truly embodies the idea of a MOVIESTAR. she loves it, she owns it, and i appreciate that. with that being said, i've never seen her turn in a dramatic performance, and so i was worried that she might not do Edie justice. well, my worries were entirely unfounded, because she honours this woman with a sincere, genuine, heartwrenching performance. honest and vibrant. remarkable.

find some way to see this film. it's SO worth it.

ok.

i literally just finished watching Grey Gardens and i can safely say that it is WITHOUT QUESTION the single best performance Drew has ever given. not only that - but it is one of the best performances i've seen in ANY film in recent memory. Both her and Jessica Lange are nothing short of BRILLIANT in their depictions of Big and Little Edie. they will surely both win Emmy's for the performance. or perhaps they'll be nominated against each other and one will win, or whatever. they each deserve it.

the film itself was extraordinary. i was a HUGE fan of the Documentary. i've seen it numerous times over the years and i was quite frankly a bit nervous to hear that they were turning it into a movie. i have always loved Drew Barrymore - though not for her talent, but moreso because she's one of the few actresses who truly embodies the idea of a MOVIESTAR. she loves it, she owns it, and i appreciate that. with that being said, i've never seen her turn in a dramatic performance, and so i was worried that she might not do Edie justice. well, my worries were entirely unfounded, because she honours this woman with a sincere, genuine, heartwrenching performance. honest and vibrant. remarkable.

find some way to see this film. it's SO worth it.

Agreed! She must be nominated for an Emmy. JL also deserves a nod, but I'd hate to see them compete and have neither one win.

On Letterman, Drew said she spent months just studying Edie's speech. She really seems to have a love for this story, and it shows. I downright cried during the scene with the jewelry toward the end. Very complex, moving story.

Grey Gardens is sitting in my DVR list, waiting to be viewed. This gives me much more motivation to watch it!

We don't have HBO so I'm very much looking forward to a video release of Grey Gardens! I'm especially bummed about not having HBO because I heard they aired the original documentary just afterwards? And I've never seen that and want to.

If you're interested, the New York Magazine reposted on its website an article from 1972 (?) about Grey Gardens, from Gail Sheehy: http://nymag.com/news/features/56102/

Drew Barrymore: ‘Alcohol Makes me Act Like a Little Boy’

Drew Barrymore turns into a “feisty little boy” when she’s had too much to drink.

The actress says that boozing brings out her masculine side.

“We discovered at a bar one night that I definitely have that, like, feisty little boy inside of me, and when I drink he comes out,” she said.

“I love when [women] get to be women and not feel like they have to become a man in order to play in a man’s world.

“I’ve always found that I tend to rebel against authority.

“I hate dictatorship, I hate hierarchy, I hate sidelines.”

Asked about her relationship with Justin Long, the 34-year-old star said, “We’re friends, and we love each other, and that’s all we know.”

Source: showbizspy.com

Barrymore Pokes Fun At Osbourne

Drew Barrymore has taken part in a skit that poked fun at Sharon Osbourne.

The Charlie's Angels star appeared on Saturday Night Live dressed as the former X Factor judge for a sketch about a new show called Celebrity Ghost Stories.

Complete with red hair and a Pomeranian in her arms, Barrymore talked about how her family's home in Los Angeles was haunted.

She said that she had spotted ghosts in the garden and folding sheets in the house, but that they turned out to be the Mexican cleaners.

The actress's boyfriend Justin Long also did an impersonation of a shirtless Matthew McConaughey.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Drew Barrymore Bruised by Juliette Lewis

DREW Barrymore needed medical attention while shooting her new movie Whip It — after she got on the wrong side of costar Juliette Lewis!

The He’s Just Not That Into You actress donned her skates alongside Lewis and Juno star Ellen Page for the roller derby film, which also marked her directorial debut.

“In one scene I wrestle Juliette Lewis,” Barrymore, 34, told Britain’s Empire magazine. “Her skate and both our body weights were on my thigh, so I ended up with a bruise a foot long and a foot wide.

“There’s nothing hotter than a girl fight.”

Barrymore recently revealed that she’s motivated by fear.

“I don’t want to just be comfortable and stick to things I know how to do, because they’re easier,” she said. “I want to do those where I have to ask myself ‘I really don’t know if I can pull this off or not’.

“Living in that fear is very motivating — it’s very unsettling, but it’s very motivating.”

Source showbizspy.com

Justin Long's Acting Doubt

Justin Long thinks he is a "s***ty" actor.

The 'He's Just Not That Into You' star is astonished by his successes and says his loved ones are equally surprised that he has managed to do so well in Hollywood.

He said: "I'm surprised as probably most everyone is, everyone but my mother, who's like, 'No. I knew it.' No, she's not, actually. She's shocked, as well. But not a day goes by when I don't count my blessings and have an awareness of how fortunate I am. I don't come from a classically-trained background. I don't have, like movie star looks. let's face it. I'm kind of a s**ty actor."

Justin has so little confidence in his abilities, he admits he is terrified every time he is given a new acting challenge.

He added to Dark Horizons website: "I did a movie called 'Afterlife' that was a really intense kind of dramatic role and I found it so terrifying to do, because I didn't know that I'd be able to go to these places. But it was also incredibly gratifying, in a way that a lot of movies I've done haven't been, in that way. They've been gratifying in other ways, but this was a whole different type of creative satisfaction."

Source femalefirst

Justin Long's Celebrity Double

Justin Long was not impressed when a fan mistook him for 'Scrubs' actor Zach Braff.

The 'Drag Me To Hell' star, who is currently dating Hollywood actress Drew Barrymore, claimed a fan made the comparison when he was enjoying an evening out.

He told New York Daily News newspaper: "I was smoking at a club one night, and this girl walked up to me and said, 'I can't believe you're smoking after playing someone in a hospital all this time!

"I couldn't for the life of me figure out who she thought I was. Then she leaned over and said, 'I think your best work was in 'Garden State'."

Justin - who is currently voicing the part of Alvin in the 'Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel' film - did not take the comparison well.

He replied: "Zach Braff? Really?"

While Justin didn't appreciate the fan's misunderstanding, Zach has dated a host of US beauties, including musician-and-actress Mandy Moore and 'Charlie Wilson's War' actress Shiri Appleby

Source contactmusic