princess

Teri Hatcher

Terri Hatcher on Real Time with Phil Maher? What would she discuss? Where to put the pole for strip dancing in a politically correct house? :rolleyes:

Edited by kappy22

I think Teri would look a hell of a lot better with some meat on her bones. She just doesnt look good at that age that skinny. I think some of the gals up in that age bracket getting that skinny ages them. My aunt was an always kind of on the chunky side and she went on Adkins or something and got so skinny and it looks like it also aged her 10 years.

Hatcher Considered Suicide Over Child Sex Abuse WENN, via imdb

Teri Hatcher considered killing herself because of the sexual abuse she suffered at the hands of her depraved uncle from the ages of five to eight. The Desperate Housewives star revealed her ordeal after helping police jail pedophile Richard Hayes Stone when she heard his abuse had caused a 14-year-old girl to take her own life. The actress, now 41, has been continually haunted by the horrific experiences, which only ended when she went "ballistic" because her mother had invited Stone for dinner. The actress tells Vanity Fair magazine, "I was just blown over by this girl's pain. I thought, 'Boy, that's really close to being me.' Any day of the week, I could feel that sort of pain. I haven't tried to kill myself, but I've certainly thought about it, and then I felt guilty about thinking about it, because what's so terrible about my life?" Stone, who was married to Hatcher's mother's sister, pleaded guilty to four counts of child molestation in December 2002 and was sentenced to 14 years in prison after Hatcher agreed to testify against him. In the Vanity Fair interview, Hatcher recalls in chilling detail how she was sexually molested when she and her parents lived in Sunnyvale, California. She says, "The most horrible thing, that has stuck with me all my life, is that he was touching me and doing things to me, and he said, 'Doesn't that feel good?' I said, 'No, it doesn't. He said, 'Well someday you'll know what I'm talking about.'" The star said that before going to prosecutors four years ago, she had never told anyone of her own ordeal, not even her parents. Hatcher kept her involvement in the trial a closely guarded secret, and has not included the incident in her upcoming autobiography, Burned Toast, fearing the revelation might harm her career. The actress recently decided to go public saying, "I'm-41-years-old, and it's time for me to stop hiding."

Hatcher Considered Suicide Over Child Sex Abuse WENN, via imdb

Teri Hatcher considered killing herself because of the sexual abuse she suffered at the hands of her depraved uncle from the ages of five to eight. The Desperate Housewives star revealed her ordeal after helping police jail pedophile Richard Hayes Stone when she heard his abuse had caused a 14-year-old girl to take her own life. The actress, now 41, has been continually haunted by the horrific experiences, which only ended when she went "ballistic" because her mother had invited Stone for dinner. The actress tells Vanity Fair magazine, "I was just blown over by this girl's pain. I thought, 'Boy, that's really close to being me.' Any day of the week, I could feel that sort of pain. I haven't tried to kill myself, but I've certainly thought about it, and then I felt guilty about thinking about it, because what's so terrible about my life?" Stone, who was married to Hatcher's mother's sister, pleaded guilty to four counts of child molestation in December 2002 and was sentenced to 14 years in prison after Hatcher agreed to testify against him. In the Vanity Fair interview, Hatcher recalls in chilling detail how she was sexually molested when she and her parents lived in Sunnyvale, California. She says, "The most horrible thing, that has stuck with me all my life, is that he was touching me and doing things to me, and he said, 'Doesn't that feel good?' I said, 'No, it doesn't. He said, 'Well someday you'll know what I'm talking about.'" The star said that before going to prosecutors four years ago, she had never told anyone of her own ordeal, not even her parents. Hatcher kept her involvement in the trial a closely guarded secret, and has not included the incident in her upcoming autobiography, Burned Toast, fearing the revelation might harm her career. The actress recently decided to go public saying, "I'm-41-years-old, and it's time for me to stop hiding."

This is disgusting. All she's trying to do is sell her autobiography, and is exploiting the suicide of a young girl in the process of doing so.

This cries of desparation, like the dress she wore at the Grammy's or whatever ceremony that was.

I think she realizes her 15 minutes will soon be up.

The prosecuters were on TV this morning and said this man would NOT have been put in jail if ot for Terri

I'm very glad she was able to help out the prosecutors, and I'm sure there is no question her testimony was invaluable to them.Nonetheless, I find her motives in revealing this *now* to be suspect and not above reproach.

The prosecuters were on TV this morning and said this man would NOT have been put in jail if ot for Terri

I'm very glad she was able to help out the prosecutors, and I'm sure there is no question her testimony was invaluable to them.Nonetheless, I find her motives in revealing this *now* to be suspect and not above reproach.
I totally agree!

She sure does look great in this cover shot. Can we say it all together now - AIRBRUSHING!

She sure does look great in this cover shot. Can we say it all together now - AIRBRUSHING!

I'm so with you! Tons of brushing!

She sure does look great in this cover shot.  Can we say it all together now - AIRBRUSHING!

I'm so with you! Tons of brushing!
Wow ~ change her hair to blonde and you have Heather Locklear. :blink:

her hair has been SUSPICOUSLY close to the sides of her face lately. I haven't made a study of her hairstyles and the timing so I could be totally wrong. I'm just saying.

I think she needs to put on about 15 pounds to even start looking half-decent.But, now that I know about her child abuse history, it makes more sense. MANY people who were sexually abused as kids become anorexic or obese. And, she's always had that manner to her, as though she's afraid to be kicked, always nervous and giggly and terrified and unsure of herself. Now I understand a bit better.I feel terrible for anyone who has been sexually abused, and I'm not going to judge her for coming out with the story now, or at any other time. Good for her for being part of a team who put a pervert in jail. 'nuf said!

You're just saying she could be the subject of the hair BI?

That or she's had something small done and she's trying to hide it. I just think her hair has been looking quite odd and I can't figure out why.

Ok, now I'm convinced she's had something done sometime between that picture in mid-January of her leaving the Ivy and now. Look how lately her hair is all fluffed up and half covering at least one side of her face. Plus in that picture princess just posted her face looks puffy and shiny and her eyes look weirdly deep-set. Or maybe her hair is just all teased up because it's falling out. Or maybe it's a wig (I'm bad at knowing wigs - I sat across the table from a woman at a meeting last Friday and spent the majority of the day trying as discreetly as possible to figure out whether her bounteous hair but odd low hairline and invisible scalp meant wig or no).

Whatever the reason, I give Teri credit for coming out with this. Sex abuse and rape are very taboo things and I think it is hard for an actress who wants to be seen as a sex symbol to say that this has happened to them. So, I agree, her motives may be suspect but I still say good for her and good for the cause. However, she still annoys me -_-

Gosh I feel so callously superficial speculating about her hair when she's in the news for talking about her own childhood sexual abuse. I actually don't question her motives at all. I've worked a lot in the CSA area lately and an incredible number of victims never ever tell anyone. Another large number waits twenty-plus years or longer. When they do go public, their motives seem to be either (1) boiling-up anger at the abuser or an institution that sheltered him or her triggered by some event such as other abuse becoming public or some new traumatic life event; (2) protection of someone abused more recently (this seems to have been Teri's impetus); or (3) the combination of being an adult and no longer afraid of the abuser and some cash incentive like a settlement or a judgment. CSA creates incredible feelings of powerlessness and lack of control. Taking action later in life seems to restore some feeling of self-empowerment. Probably some reporter dug up the information about her testimony and Teri's people found out and she wanted to control how it came out in the media rather than having someone else take control again. I don't blame her.

Gosh I feel so callously superficial speculating about her hair when she's in the news for talking about her own childhood sexual abuse. 

I"m like you ~ I can't get past the difference in her face which is what made me think of Heather Locklear ~ do you think they had the same doctor and the exact same procedures? Her face looks artificial to me in the same way that Locklear's does. And now for beyond the superficial - I too applaud her for her honestly and also think it explains alot of her behavior we've seen.

I agree, and applaud her for coming out about this, and for helping put that sicko in jail. And I also agree with you; I still find her annoying. These two things are not mutually exclusive!

I live on the West Coast by Terry's childhood home in Sunnyvale, CA and here is an excerpt from a columnist in the local (San Jose Mercury) paper. It's more of a snark on Vanity Fair than Terry, but I totally agree with the writer about the sexy/vulnerable cover:

Posted on Thu, Mar. 09, 2006Herhold: Hatcher's tale helps victims confront abuseBy Scott HerholdMercury NewsOn the first page of the Vanity Fair article about Sunnyvale native Teri Hatcher is a picture of the actress wearing an unbuttoned shirt and white panties, staring at the camera with a wounded look.``In an exclusive interview, the breakout star of `Desperate Housewives' reveals the abuse she says she's hidden all her life,'' the blurb on a facing page says.A mixed message? No question. Sadly, little sells a celebrity magazine better than a mix of sex and victimization. Female readers say, ``How sad.'' Male readers say, ``Yeah, but what a looker.''Yet beneath the celebrity glitz, there's something hauntingly painful and honest about Teri Hatcher. And the sad story she tells makes it all the more believable. Four years ago, when she didn't have to, she talked about her abuse at the hands of her uncle a generation ago. There was no potential lawsuit payoff, no career boost. She just did the right thing.You might find it strange -- maybe even ironic -- to get a lesson in courage from a star on a show with the trashy themes of ``Desperate Housewives.'' But that's just what we've had: What Hatcher did remains rare in the sad world of sexual molestation

This from Friday's (March 10th) PageSix:

March 10, 2006 -- WAS George Clooney's caddish behavior the reason Teri Hatcher went public with her shocking sex-abuse revelations?

The Vanity Fair cover story on the "Desperate Housewives" diva says Hatcher's jaw-dropping disclosure to the magazine - that she was sexually molested by her uncle as a child - was triggered by a recent romantic debacle with a Hollywood hunk referred to in the article only as "Mystery Man."

Four years ago, after learning that a teenager with a similar complaint against her uncle had killed herself, Hatcher feared he would escape prosecution and went to cops with her story. That prompted him to plead guilty. But Hatcher never had to testify in court, and her abuse remained secret until she revealed it to Vanity Fair.

The magazine reports the unidentified star who bedded and dumped Hatcher left her so emotionally shattered that she could no longer keep from talking about her evil uncle.

"Mystery Man" was none other than Clooney, a well-placed source tells Page Six. He dated Hatcher briefly beginning in January, when we first reported they'd gotten cozy, but he dropped her soon after.

"The debacle with Mystery Man . . . made the parallels between her romantic failures and the legacy of her sexual abuse seem too obvious to ignore," Vanity Fair's Leslie Bennetts writes.

Clooney's rep, Stan Rosenfeld, says, "I doubt Teri Hatcher is your source, and unless she is, you're full of [bleep]. I doubt very seriously that your source is credible." As for Clooney and Hatcher's relationship, "I don't ask George about his private life," Rosenfeld sniffs.

Bennetts wrote: "After an elaborate courtship, Hatcher opened her heart to a handsome guy who convinced her that she was entering a magical new relationship, only to have him disappear as soon as she'd let down her guard. He charmed, he conquered, he said, 'I'll call you,' and - poof - he was gone."

Being "seduced and abandoned by a world-class Don Juan" left Hatcher "emotionally flayed, stripped of every protective covering until she [was] nothing but exposed nerve endings," Bennetts writes.

"She is so emotionally bereft, so overwhelmed with grief, that it can hurt just trying to watch her cope with it."

"I have so much pain," Hatcher told VF. "I'm a woman who carries around all these layers of fear and vulnerability . . . Oh, my God, can you believe what a mess I am?"

^ I think we can mark that one blind item solved with this little tidbit. Don't you all think so?