princess

Emma Watson

Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson spent Valentine's night together

3am EXCLUSIVE

Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe has enjoyed a secret Valentine's date... with co-star Emma Watson.

Daniel, 18, and Emma - who plays Hermione Granger in JK Rowling's boy wizard blockbusters - were spotted huddled together in the garden of a London pub.

One surprised onlooker said Emma, 17, appeared to have totally fallen under Daniel's spell.

The pair arrived at 10pm at the Imperial Arms, Fulham, West London - a stone's throw from Daniel's home.

Advertisement

They quickly headed out to the garden hoping not to be seen.

It is thought to be their first date.

The onlooker said: "They arrived quite late at the pub - about 10pm - and sat outside, using each other's bodies for warmth.

"Emma, who was wearing a black top and matching pashmina, kept looking over her shoulder nervously as if she didn't wanted to be recognised. When people started to notice the couple and began pointing, she wrapped her scarf around her head so only her eyes were peeping out.

"Daniel found her new look hysterical and started laughing. Throughout the night, in fact, he just kept giggling like a love-struck teen.

"The pair seemed totally absorbed in one another's company, though - they were chatting and joking easily until just before closing time.

"They then left the pub, heads together and whispering, and headed in the direction of Daniel's home nearby."

Although the teenagers have been friends for seven years - since filming Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone in 2001 - they have never before been romantically linked.

Last week, Emma was rumoured to be dating Razorlight's Johnny Borrell, 27, which she denies. Daniel split with Equus co-star Laura O'Toole, 22, earlier this year.

WHEN HARRY MET HERMIONE

EMMA WATSON AND DANIELLE RADCLIFFE GO ON SECRET DATE

Posted Image

Could life be imitating art? Are Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliffe more than just good friends (like in the film)? Apparently they were seen going on a secret Valentine's Day date together. Hooray, her innocence can finally be restored now that we know that she hasn't been sullied by 'Camden Caner' and overall twat Johnny Borrell.

Emma and Daniel were seen meeting in a pub in Fulham before they sneaked outside together.

An on-looker (or Watson's PR looking to dispel the Borrell rumours) said:

"They arrived quite late at the pub - about 10pm - and sat outside, using each other's bodies for warmth. The pair seemed totally absorbed in one another's company, though - they were chatting and joking easily until just before closing time."

And that's not all...

"They then left the pub, heads together and whispering, and headed in the direction of Daniel's home nearby."

Hang on what was Emma doing in a pub? She's only 17 after all and we all know that we Brits are conscientious about our laws and would never go to a pub before we're legally allowed...

Let's just pray that this wasn't just a media smokescreen to protect Watson from the inevitable media shitstorm of her seeing Johnny 'I'm Willy's brother' Borrell.

http://www.holymoly.co.uk/

Daniel and Emma are friends, a relationship at this point would be icky, like dating your brother.

I don't care what they do, drink - boink each other - blah blah blah I just care that they do a good job with their Potter movies.

While Rupert Grint and Daniel Radcliffe has decided to make acting a career Emma says she wants to go academic. I'm fine with that get another girl to play Hermoine. Emma's acting stinks, I'm sick of her caterpillar eyebrows jumping all over the place when she tries to show some sort of expression. While the guys have gotten better she's gotten really bad.

Potter Star Watson Gets $20 Million Birthday Treat

HARRY POTTER star EMMA WATSON received an expensive birthday present on her 18th birthday - she gains access to her huge $20 million (GBP10 million) fortune.

The British star has been given complete reign over the money she has earned through appearing in all five of the Harry Potter films.

Although Watson, who turned 18 on Monday (15Apr08), is in control of her millions for the first time, the star's money management skills are under intense scrutiny by a team of financial advisors, according to Britain's Daily Mail newspaper.

In a deal with England's royal bank Coutts, who also look after her co-star Daniel Radcliffe's fortune, the actress is required to make low-risk, high-interest investments and attend courses on how to be a responsible millionaire.

The star, who is currently working on the franchise's latest outing Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince, is paid $5 million (GBP2.5 million) for her role as the schoolgirl wizard.

Source: contactmusic

'Harry Potter' actress Emma Watson gets $20M birthday present

NY DAILY NEWS

When Harry Potter actress Emma Watson turned 18 Tuesday, she received a birthday present fit for a wizard.

For most teens, turning the big 18 and becoming a legal adult comes with a few small perks including voting rights. For Emma Watson, Hermione in the Harry Potter films, turning 18 grants her access to the $20 million she's amassed making the wildly popular film series.

But Watson's parents are making sure their daughter doesn't blow through her millions.

Watson has sat through a series of lessons in money management given by Coutts bank, the Daily Mail reports. She's reportedly learned about basic economics, investing, and philanthropy.

Coutts manages the Queen's money as well as Watson's and her co-star Daniel Radcliffe's estimated $48 million.

Emma Watson to Star in Period Drama

(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) — Emma Watson, best known for playing Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter movies, is attached to star in the period drama Napoleon and Betsy, as a noblewoman trapped on a British isle who falls in love with a man in exile. Scarlett Johansson, who had previously been attached to the role but dropped out because the character was skewing younger, remains on board as a producer. Watson hopes to shoot the movie this fall, before filming on Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince begins in 2009. (Hollywood Reporter)

This picture is freaking me out.....

Posted Image

Dr Richard Dawkins absolutely fucking rocks. He works tirelessly to try and debunk the madness that is organised religion in all its forms.

She could do a LOT worse. :lol:

Looks like a fantastic photoshop job to me. Freaky, though.

Posted Image

wow that is freaky. anyway kudos to the HP kids for not being splashed in the tabloids. Though it would have been nice for Daniel Radcliff not to spill the b eans about when he lost his virginity...

Emma Watson to Star in Period Drama

(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) — Emma Watson, best known for playing Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter movies, is attached to star in the period drama Napoleon and Betsy, as a noblewoman trapped on a British isle who falls in love with a man in exile. Scarlett Johansson, who had previously been attached to the role but dropped out because the character was skewing younger, remains on board as a producer. Watson hopes to shoot the movie this fall, before filming on Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince begins in 2009. (Hollywood Reporter)

When did Scarlett Johansson start producing??

Emma Watson Going To Yale

Emma Watson has been accepted into Yale University.

The 18-year-old actress - who plays brainbox Hermione Granger in the 'Harry Potter' franchise - is thrilled by the offer of a place to study at the prestigious American college.

Emma broke the news on her internet blog, excitedly posting: "I got into Yale!"

It has not been confirmed what subject Emma is set to study if she accepts the place, but she revealed last month she has also been accepted by Cambridge University in the UK to read English Literature.

The actress recently insisted her studies will not interfere with her acting career and even believes it will help her hone her craft.

She said: "Jodie Foster did it, Natalie Portman did it. I think it's entirely possible to juggle university with filming.

"I actually think going to university will make me a better actress. The experience of living like that, working to deadlines, living with other students. It's all the things I want. There are actresses who don't know about things like doing their own laundry and getting a bus. I'm not going to be like that.

"For me, this is just the beginning. I've only shown a little bit of what I can do. There is so much more to come."

Source: monstersandcritics.com

Good for her.

yep indeed. kid seems to have her head on straight. Though for a while she said she wasn't interesting in acting as a grownup and indeed only had HP credits to her name. Anyway if she comes out of yale in one piece, there's hope for her.

The only movies she has ever done were the Harry Potter movies according to IMDB. If she doesn't do something else soon, the HP movies may be the only ones she ever does.

Emma Watson Flies Into University

Emma Watson arrived at her new US university campus by helicopter.

Despite the 'Harry Potter' actress' pleas to remain "anonymous" as she starts her first term at the prestigious Brown University in Rhode Island, she made a less than low-key entrance last Wednesday (02.09.09).

One student on campus said: "We couldn't believe the 'Harry Potter' girl got a chopper in. I mean, my parents just drove me over from New York state - but I guess she's had to come a long way, anyway.

"I've not spoken to her yet, but word around campus is she's pretty normal and OK, I haven't seen any of her films, so I don't know too much about her."

Despite her grand entrance, 19-year-old Emma looked much more relaxed over the weekend as she hung out with her fellow freshmen on the campus lawns, dressed in a simple white T-shirt and denim hot pants.

Emma - who has also previously modelled for Vogue magazine and Chanel - has enrolled in an English literature course at the university and attended her 'orientation day' on Friday (04.09.09). She is also believed to be taking a geology class for her first semester.

Emma has previously said she wants her university experience to be as "normal" as possible, despite starring in some of the biggest grossing films of all time.

She said: "I probably sound like a paranoid nut, but I'm doing this because I want to be normal. I really want anonymity.

"I want to be normal, I want to do college properly, like everyone else. As long as I don't walk in and see, like, 'Harry Potter' posters everywhere, I'll be fine."

Source: monstersandcritics.com

The only movies she has ever done were the Harry Potter movies according to IMDB. If she doesn't do something else soon, the HP movies may be the only ones she ever does.

I suspect she'd probably be OK with that.

Blending in on campus reportedly not so easy for 'Potter' star

British actress Emma Watson participated in freshman orientation at Brown

By Lisa Respers France

CNN

Emma Watson may have wanted to just blend in when she started her freshman year recently at Brown University, but it seems not everyone has the same idea.

"Harry Potter" actress Emma Watson is an incoming freshman at Brown University in Rhode Island.

The actress, best known for her role as Hermione Granger in the "Harry Potter" films, showed up last week at the Ivy League school in Providence, Rhode Island, where new students were treated to orientation activities before the official start of classes on Wednesday.

Despite being photographed looking very relaxed in jean shorts and a white T-shirt, reports are that Watson's introduction to academia has been less than low key, with much excitement being stirred by her presence.

The blog Just Jared reported that while the British actress visited the campus on Friday with her mother and her boyfriend, Jay Barrymore, Twitter user @cupcakenar sent out the following tweet: "My dad made Emma Watson mad by taking a photo of her going inside the Financial Aid office at Brown. She was with her mom & boyfriend."

Celebrities furthering their education are not new, but with the advent of social networking sites, stars' every move can be tracked and reported.

When actor James Franco apparently fell asleep during a lecture at Columbia University in New York City earlier this year, a photo snapped by a classmate made the rounds online and prompted many a tweet.

Franco, who has appeared in films such as "Spiderman" and the critically acclaimed "Milk," was reported to be taking classes at Columbia and New York University while also writing a book.

Paparazzi were on high alert when Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen began attending classes at NYU in 2004.

Photos of the tiny twosome appeared constantly -- often with bodyguards in tow -- on their way to and from class after they moved from Los Angeles to New York City for school.

Stars such as Julia Stiles, who enrolled in Columbia, and Natalie Portman, who attended Harvard, have tried to be as under the radar as possible while pursing their education.

According to a 2003 article about Portman in the university's Harvard Crimson newspaper, the "Star Wars" actress lived on campus her freshman and sophomore years while pursuing a degree in psychology.

Portman told the college publication that she was able to enjoy her time as a student, despite her celebrity status.

"At the beginning of college I was talking to people who were actors who had gone to college, and I heard awful stories about people getting 200 visitors a year knocking on their dorm room, or having awful stalker issues," Portman said. "But I've not been bothered once, and that's also thanks to the police here, who have been really wonderful."

Watson also has been quoted as saying she just wants to be treated as a regular student.

"I do hope that it will be only a short time before I am known as 'Emma Watson the student from the U.K. rather than Emma Watson who starred in the Harry Potter films," Watson said.

The "Harry Potter" actress isn't the only famous student taking her seat at an Ivy League school this year.

The Boston Globe reported that actress Ashley Judd has enrolled in Harvard's Kennedy School's Mid-Career Master in Public Administration program and asked officials to take additional measures to ensure her privacy.

The paper reported that school officials complied, including having the registrar put a privacy block on Judd's file to prevent information about the actress from being made public and arranging to have Harvard police present during the program's coffee breaks.

In speaking with the Boston Globe, Brown University's Director of Communications Mark Nickel declined to confirm that Watson was a student there, but he did say the school might take extra precautions to protect a young wizard.

''We do whatever we need to do to ensure safety and privacy, and that applies pretty much to all students," Nickel said.

Boy, am I in the wrong profession!

http://perezhilton.com/2009-09-15-harry-po...ell-compensated

Harry Potter Is Well Compensated!

Posted Image

We wouldn't let the Twilight gang get wind of this. Chances are they're not making anywhere near what these kids wrangle in.

Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson have entered the Guinness World Records book as the highest grossing lead actors of the decade.

Thanks to the wild success of the Harry Potter films, the young stars were able to rake in a hefty sum in the last 10 years.

And it'll probably suprise you to learn though that it's actually Emma who came ahead in the bank, bringing in $753.7 million last year while Daniel only brought in $558 million.

Somehow, she edged ahead another $200 million doing the kid's flick The Tale of Despereaux. She didn't even have to really do much. Just talk into a microphone.

Hope the kids at Brown don't get wind of this. Emma will be footing the bill every time they go out. Or maybe she is a cheap muggle!

[image via WENN.]

Posted: September 15, 2009 at 7:45 pm

I find those numbers difficult to believe. Tom cruise they are not (even Cruise is not cruise anymore) so I have difficulty believing they got a huge percentage of the profits. I'd like to know where those numbers came from.

I find those numbers difficult to believe. Tom cruise they are not (even Cruise is not cruise anymore) so I have difficulty believing they got a huge percentage of the profits. I'd like to know where those numbers came from.

I did a search and came up with this:

http://community.guinnessworldrecords.com/...13495/7691.html

DANIEL RADCLIFFE AND EMMA WATSON HIGHEST EARNING MOVIE STARS

Radcliffe secures his place as the “Highest-Grossing Actor of the Decade”

Watson sets new record as “Highest Average Box-Office Gross for an Actress”

Keira Knightly scores “Highest Box-office Gross for an Actress in Multiple Roles”

Angelina Jolie retains her world record title as “Most Powerful Actress”

Jolie’s husband Brad Pitt knocked off top spot by Johnny Depp as “Most Powerful Actor”

Harry Potter has cast a spell on millions of fans and now its stars Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson are getting the red carpet treatment from the record-breaking world – Guinness World Records – after securing their places in the new 2010 edition of the book which launches globally on Thursday, 17 September 2009.

Radcliffe enters the new edition as the “Highest-Grossing Actor of the Decade”, raking in an average of $558 million (£383 million) per film. Watson, on the other hand, earned the record for “Highest Average Box-Office Gross for an Actress”. She has been in six movies that have grossed an average of $753.7 million (£554.88 million) each.

So according to this article his figure would be correct but the figure quoted by PH for her is the box office gross, not her income.