Sign in to follow this  
BobbyD

Ryan Phillippe

Didn't Reese make a comment on how it was good for kids to be bullied and made fun of? Makes you wonder who is the better parent here.

Ryan Phillippe Fears Paparazzi Harmed His Daughter

By WENN

Hollywood actor Ryan Phillippe fears his worries about the paparazzi have given his daughter Ava a nervous disposition.

The Stop-Loss star - who has Ava, eight, and son Deacon, four, with ex-wife Reese Witherspoon - admits he often became angry and snapped at photographers when they tried to take pictures of his daughter when she was a baby.

And Philippe is convinced his fearful reactions have had a negative affect on his little girl.

He says, "She's aware and it creates in her a lot of anxiety, which is partly my fault. When Ava was very young, I'd get visibly angry with the paparazzi back then.

"She was my first child and my instinct was to protect her. I think the attitude I had at the time did create in her a lot of the fearfulness she has today."

But Phillippe is relieved that his anxieties did not rub on Ava's younger brother, Deacon.

He adds, "Mainly because since his birth I've realized that you've got to make it seem like less of a big deal."

Posted Image

Ryan Phillippe Steps Out with Abbie Cornish

By Beth Perry and Mary Margaret

people.com

Two months after admitting it was bizarre seeing ex-wife Reese Witherspoon with Jake Gyllenhaal, Ryan Phillippe is quietly moving things forward in his own love life.

After months of speculation about their relationship, he proudly accompanied his Stop-Loss costar Abbie Cornish to the 2008 Australian in Film Breakthrough Awards – their first major event as a couple.

"They were adorable," says a guest. "He had his arm around her and they were cozy and comfortable."

When Cornish – who was being honored with a Breakthrough Award – was introduced, Phillippe rubbed her back while she leaned against his shoulder. Throughout the evening, they held hands.

Phillippe, 33, also let Cornish enjoy her moment in the spotlight, waiting patiently as she worked the room and posed for photos. Once she was at his side once again, they continued to share laughs with pals.

The secret to Cornish's appeal? "We needed a girl who could knock back and drink the guys under the table, change a blown tire, whatever she needs to do," their Stop-Loss director, Kimberly Pierce, tells PEOPLE. "And she has that. She's that kind of girl."

A second Breakthrough Award went to actress Mia Wasikowska for her work in the HBO series In Treatment.

Phillippe and Cornish left the party just before 10 p.m., heading to Hennessy's weekly jazz night at Teddy's.

Not a flattering pic of Abbie, although Ryan looks good.

Isn't she playing a Victorian poetess (I'm not kidding) right now and that's why her hair looks/is dyed that way?

I do think she's cute but the hair color and style are not flattering.

But Ryan doesn't seem to care.

Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe's Divorce Is Finalized

Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe's divorce was finalized Thursday, Los Angeles court records show, indicating that financial and custody settlements have been reached.

Details weren't immediately available, however, the ex-couple have continually sought a shared custody arrangement over children Ava, 8, and Deacon, 4.

The documents, dated June 12, only read: "[The court finds] the parties have settled all their remaining issues in these proceedings."

Witherspoon is currently dating Jake Gyllenhaal, while Phillippe, 33, recently stepped out with Australian actress Abbie Cornish, 25.

After seven years of marriage, Witherspoon, 32, filed for divorce in November 2006, citing irreconcilable differences.

The couple first met when a mutual friend brought Phillippe to Witherspoon's 21st-birthday party. Two years later, after they had costarred in 1999's Cruel Intentions, he proposed.

They married in June 1999 and had Ava three months later.

Rep for Witherspoon and Phillippe weren't immediately available for comment.

Ryan Phillippe and Abbie Cornish Get Cozy at Weekend BBQ

Monday June 30, 2008

Posted Image

Ryan Phillippe and Abbie Cornish are getting more comfortable taking their romance public.

They wrapped their arms around each other at a summer barbecue in Los Angeles Saturday night.

Phillippe, 33 — who recently finalized his divorce from ex Reese Witherspoon — has been spending lots of time with Cornish, 25, at his new $7 million, five-bedroom pad in the Hollywood Hills, a source tells Us Weekly in its latest issue (on newsstands now).

(See more pics of Ryan and Abbie.)

"Ryan definitely has a thing for her, and things are always good when they're together," a source says.

The two debuted as a couple June 5 at the 2008 Australians in Film Breakthrough Awards. They later hit Hollywood hotspot Teddy's.

Said a witness, "They seemed really into each other ... he was all over her."

The two met on the set of the drama Stop-Loss.

Their fling was partially to blame for the end of Phillippe's marriage to Witherspoon, 32. (They have two kids, Ava, 8, and Deacon, 4.)

“After the divorce, I was a physical wreck. I wanted to die,” Phillippe has admitted. “I was ready to kill myself.”

Witherspoon seems to have recovered nicely from the split.

Sources reveal in the new issue of Us Weekly that Witherspoon and beau Jake Gyllenhaal have moved in together.

Hope Reese Witherspoon’s reading this - and Abbie Cornish AIN’T - because Ryan Phillippe’s notorious cruel intentions have just resurfaced! Ryan, if you recall, killed his marriage to Reese by cheating with his current galpal Abbie - who, sadly, was nowhere in sight when Curly Locks, dining in a back booth at Dan Tana’s, suddenly spied a sexy blonde at the bar. Hustling over to make the Big Hit, Hunky Boy’s cornball opener was: “I love your outfit!”

After introducing himself, he flirted outrageously for 10 minutes, then begged the babe for her phone number, murmuring seductively: “I would love to see you again!” …Eeeeeewwwww!…

Ryan recoiled, according to My SpyWitness, when the girl coldly told him she’d read all the news stories about his sneaky-squeeze adventures and snapped, “I’m not interested in anyone who cheats!”

[From The National Enquirer print version, Oct. 13, 2008]

Phillippe Denies Jealousy Rumours

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actor RYAN PHILLIPPE has dismissed reports his 2006 marriage split was caused by jealousy over his former wife REESE WITHERSPOON's blossoming Hollywood career.

The former couple split just after Witherspoon won her first Oscar in 2005, while Phillippe could only muster critical acclaim for films like Crash and Stop-Loss.

Reports suggested the pair drifted apart because the actor couldn't handle his wife's success - but he insists nothing could be further from the truth.

He says, "That was the least of our problems. I was always really proud of her success. I'm not a competitive person, and I have no aspirations to be a giant in this industry. I like making movies, but I never had designs on making $25 million a picture."

Source: contactmusic

Abbie Cornish Wants A Challenge

Abbie Cornish refuses to star in films that don't challenge her.

The 'Bright Star' actress doesn't want to take on roles just because she knows they will be a box office hit or easy to make as she wants to improve on her acting skills.

She said: "I never take a film that is going to be a walk in the park, because I don't see the point in that.

"It's important to know what path you want to take as an artist. I want to be challenged."

Although the Australian beauty - who is dating Hollywood heartthrob Ryan Phillippe - says she has always wanted to be an actress, she also had aspirations in many other areas of her life when she was growing up.

She told Britain's Culture magazine: "I never felt like I just want to be an actor, and that's it. I always wanted to work with animals. I want to make music, to paint, to take photos, to travel. That's a lot, right? Sometimes I wonder how I'm going to get it all done."

Source monstersandcritics.com

I think he's found his other half. I would guess Cornish could work way more and choose more high profile movies but she doesn't. They seem compatible on a lot of different levels.

Phillippe Injured In Treadmill Accident

Actor RYAN PHILLIPPE is sporting a cast on his left foot after reportedly suffering a stress fracture during a workout.

The star was seen wearing a walking cast on Thursday night (17Dec09) after allegedly sustaining an injury during an exercise session.

Phillippe suffered a stress fracture after running barefoot on his treadmill, according to TMZ.com.

Source contactmusic

Ryan Phillippe's Rocky Romance

Ryan Phillippe's romance is reportedly on the rocks.

The 'Cruel Intentions' actor - who has two, children Ava, 10, and six-year-old Deacon with ex-wife Reese Witherspoon - and girlfriend Abbie Cornish are allegedly "fighting all the time" over Ryan's apparent reluctance to commit.

A source told America's Star magazine: "The main thing is that Abbie wants to be married and start a family and she feels it's beyond time for Ryan to make that happen.

"Ryan is spending more and more time partying."

It was recently claimed that Ryan - who hasn't publicly been seen with the Australian actress since October - and Abbie's problems were caused by his womanising ways.

One source told National Enquirer magazine: "Ryan and Abbie are on the rocks because he's back to his horndog ways.

"He's been hitting the clubs regularly and desperately trying to hook up with almost every young woman he meets.

"His womanising has gotten so out of hand it's like Abbie never existed."

Source femalefirst

Ryan Phillippe, Abbie Cornish Split

It's over between actress Abbie Cornish and boyfriend Ryan Phillippe, her spokesperson confirms exclusively to PEOPLE.

"Abbie ended the relationship with Ryan and she moved out of their home," the rep tells PEOPLE. On Sunday, the actress was spotted removing her belongings from the house she shared with Phillippe while he was running errands and toy shopping with children with Ava and Deacon.

The split follows months of tabloid speculation that Phillippe has been unfaithful to Cornish – regularly hitting the nightclubs and being linked to other women. When asked about the cause of the break-up and whether Phillippe cheated on Cornish, her rep replied, "No comment."

Cornish, 27, and Phillippe, 35, met in 2006 on the set of the film, Stop-Loss, and survived intense media scrutiny following Phillippe’s divorce from Reese Witherspoon. Cornish has been in Vancouver for the last seven months shooting the film, Sucker Punch.

Reps for Phillippe could not be reached for comment.

Source People

Ugh Team Ryan for God's sake. Is he never supposed to break up with anyone? He's been connected with two women in a decade. I'm tired of girls crying cheater on the way out of every Hollywood relationship ESPECIALLY girls who were supposedly co-sponsoring previous cheating. He's not better or worse then any of the men of Hollywood and he gets bashed to shit.

I agree. Or, sort of. I'm not Team Ryan. But, he got an unduly harsh rap when he & Reese split. They wed young when she got pregnant so I think the demise was more or less inevitable. Besides, if I'm reading Ted's BV correctly, Reese is lesbian or at least bi, so I can't imagine that marriage was a bed of roses for either of them.

Now he's split with his girlfriend of several years. Big deal. Ryan doesn't seem to be especially gracious about the break up in interviews, but neither does Abby. Is he a douche? Sure. But no more so than plenty of H'wood guys and probably less so than many.

Exclusive: Ryan Phillippe joins the list of 'Captain America' contenders

'MacGruber' star will audition for the coveted role

Mar 15, 2010 By Gregory Ellwood

Is this the next "Captain America" or just another Hollywood actor looking for a break?

The never ending casting call for the title character in "The First Avenger: Captain America" continues. Sources have confirmed to HitFix that Ryan Phillippe is the latest Hollywood leading man to be considered for the pivotal role in the Marvel Studios movie universe.

Phillippe joins what has become a laundry list of actors to screen test for the role including Mike Vogel ("She's Out of My League"), Garret Hedlund ("Tron Legacy"), Chris Evans ("Fantastic Four"), Scott Porter ("Friday Night Lights"), Chace Crawford ("Gossip Girl") and Michael Cassidy ("Smallville.") One leading contender, John Krasinski, reportedly shot a screen test with a number of other Marvel Universe actors. This continued activity may mean the studio hasn't found what they've been looking for yet or is just doing additional due diligence.

Reports indicate Hugo Weaving was just cast as Captain America's adversary, the Red Skull, late last week.

Phillippe was last seen on screen in 2008's critical and box office disappointment "Stop-Loss." That followed something of a career renaissance for the actor who had a string of high-profile films with Best Picture "Crash," Clint Eastwood's "Flags of Our Fathers" and the thriller "Breach." The 35-year-old actor will next be seen as Will Forte's comic foil in "MacGruber" this May. He's also completed the indie drama "The Bang Bang Club" alongside Malin Akerman and Taylor Kitsch.

"The First Avenger: Captain America" is still scheduled to open on July 22, 2011.

Role of Captain America offered to Chris Evans

‘Fantastic Four’ actor beats out Ryan Phillippe, Channing Tatum, others

By Gregory Ellwood

Hitfix.com

updated 58 minutes ago

The long, drawn out process to determine who will carry the shield of America's greatest super-patriot is over. Sources have confirmed to HitFix that Chris Evans has been offered the role of the title hero in "The First Avenger: Captain America."

Other candidates for the part included Channing Tatum, Ryan Phillippe, John Krasinski and Mike Vogel. HitFix has learned the word about Evans' casting came down this afternoon to the other potential Cap's that the role was Evans'. Some of the other new actors auditioning for the role had not even met with director Joe Johnston yet when the decision was made.

Evans is hardly a stranger to comic fans. He previously played hot-head Johnny Storm in 20th Century Fox's two "Fantastic Four" movies. Assuming Evans takes the role, he'll be committed to a number of future Marvel films including "Captain America" sequels, "The Avengers" and appearing in other Marvel Universe pictures.

The 28-year-old actor last appeared on screen in 2009's Sci-Fi thriller "Push." He'll star opposite Zoe Saldana in another comic book adaptation, "The Losers," next month. He'll follow that up with "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World" which is based on a popular series of graphic novels.

On a humorous note, this may be the second blonde Marvel hero the brown-haired Evans has played, but did not dye his hair for. Fans were initially ruffled when Evans stayed dark-haired as Johnny Storm so will he pull out the peroxide for Steve Rogers? Stay tuned.

No word officially from Marvel Studios or distributor Paramount Pictures at this time.

Ryan Phillippe - Men’s Health - May 2010

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

On his divorce from actress Reese Witherspoon: “I still have sadness and complicated feelings about my divorce. But how beneficial is it to keep hanging onto those feelings?”

On his breakout role at age 17 as a gay teen on the soap opera One Life to Live: “I would worry, ‘What will the people at school think?’ And they shunned me in a lot of ways. But it ended up being an incredible experience and such a time of growth for me.”

On working with Will Forte and Kristen Wiig on the sketch “MacGruber” : “I tend to internalize and analyze, but with them, there’s none of that. There was no edit, no judgment. I was just a really free atmosphere.”

On getting older: “I thought the most experience you had, the more certain you would be about life. But I’m finding the opposite, man. I’m more in wonder and confusion than I was in my 20s.”

Just Jared

from Aweful Truth

Dear Ted:

I read that you said that you like Ryan Phillippe. Same here, although I haven't actually met him. What I like, besides that he is hotter than hell and a very good actor, is his attitude. Did you read his interview in Advocate? He revealed that he went to SXSW film festival to premiere MacGruber with his best gay friend and that they ended the evening in a gay bar. He calls his gay fans much cooler than his straight fans because no one there made a big deal or reported it to the press. When asked what he would have done if the gossips had gotten a hold of that info, he replies, "Who cares in this day and age?" What a cool dude.

—Patricia

Dear Friend of the Gays:

I'm sure Newsweek would have adored getting hold of that info. And I wonder if Reese is as open-minded? I would say yes.

Ryan was on Jimmy K. last night being hot and other than an accidental F bomb he didn't say anything interesting except for shutting Jimmy down when he suggested having a son who would want to do gymnastics was terrible. Ryan said that he wouldn't have a problem with it, that he was the right kind of father for "that".

So Deacon, if you grow up gay your parents will probably be cool with it.