116 replies to this topic

#41 Freckles

Freckles

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4403 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 12:59 PM

:D True!! I can't believe that I'm having a dry spell and Joan Rivers got to screw everyone! Life ain't fair sometimes.

#42 BobbyD

BobbyD

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21933 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 08:43 AM

(MSNBC.COM) . . Joan Rivers has a colorful response to a charge that she’s a racist. “Yeah right,” she quipped. “I don’t care whether you’re white or black or yellow or green, so long as you can do my hair!”
Bobbyd - Noun - Poster of FanChitChat. Posts are often labeled as Jerkish or Boorish. Not a Fan-i-cus of Celebri-ti-cus. Enemy of the Superfan. SNARKER. Dickus.Assholicus. Terrorized by bullies, popular kids, jocks, in High School.

#43 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41421 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 08:57 AM

She's going to be on Nip/Tuck again next week, looks really funny.

#44 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41421 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:12 PM

EOnline.comLOVE MACHINE: Joan Rivers putting up her profile on Match.com in the hopes of meeting an eligible bachelor between the ages of 65 and 75.

#45 Freckles

Freckles

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4403 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 04:31 PM

She's very funny, but I wonder if her match.com profile says, "Alien, looking for love." I mean, girlfriend has really F*cked up her face with all that surgery!

#46 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41421 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 04:47 PM

Would love a screen shot of her ad. :)

#47 BobbyD

BobbyD

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21933 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 11:41 AM

Chorus Line's Singular Sensation Joan Rivers loved it as much as she did on opening night 25 years ago. So did Liza Minnelli, who’s either had a new face lift or is doing something unusual with makeup. The revival of Michael Bennett’s “A Chorus Line” was so hot last night that it also drew Sarah Jessica Parker, Rosie O'Donnell with partner-wife (depending on which state you’re in) Kelli Carpenter O'Donnell and Joy Behar. Not only that: original members of “A Chorus Line” Kelly Bishop, Priscilla Lopez and Donna McKechnie were on hand to watch a new generation of actors play roles they invented and played but were never paid for. Bishop and Lopez (respectively, the original Sheila and Morales) said at the end: “These actors are in their 20s. When we did it we were in our 30s. That’s the difference. We’d already paid a lot of dues.” But all three ladies agreed that Charlotte D'Amboise, playing McKechnie’s original role, was dazzling. She’s worth the price of the whole show, even if she seems considerably older than the rest of the cast. A weird note: despite the incredible enthusiasm for “A Chorus Line” during the performance —loud cheering and clapping after each number — the actors did not take the customary opening night curtain call. Usually on opening night, when a show concludes, photographers are sent to the lip of the stage, flowers are presented to the actors, and the creators — in this case, composer Marvin Hamlisch — take a bow with the cast and the director. But last night, after the exuberant and still breathtaking closing number, the lights went up and that was that. It was a little odd, to say the least. Before and after the show — there was pretty lavish party held at the Palace Hotel in the old Le Cirque space — there were many remembrances of the creation of “A Chorus Line". For one thing, actress Marsha Mason — then married to playwright Neil Simon — is credited with insisting that the ending be changed. It was. And Simon, after seeing the debut at the tiny Public Theater, took the whole script home and “tweaked it,” says the widow of late librettist Ed Kleban. The version of “A Chorus Line” that opened last night is never going to meet the expectations of those who knew it in 1975. Joan Rivers told me last night, “Edgar and I flew in for the opening at the Public. It was sold out, so we sat on the stairs.” Hamlisch, who wrote the brilliant and lasting score — it sounded even better last night — said he wasn’t surprised the show had held up. “You can’t do anything to do it. It’s a classic.” But a new generation of young people who have perhaps tired of “Rent” should find “A Chorus Line” to be enlivening. The show, as such, was the original model for “American Idol,” in a way. That idea alone should draw new crowds.
Bobbyd - Noun - Poster of FanChitChat. Posts are often labeled as Jerkish or Boorish. Not a Fan-i-cus of Celebri-ti-cus. Enemy of the Superfan. SNARKER. Dickus.Assholicus. Terrorized by bullies, popular kids, jocks, in High School.

#48 BobbyD

BobbyD

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21933 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 08:41 AM

Rivers Loses Purse in Bag Swap Comedienne Joan Rivers lost an antique purse belonging to her late mother when her goody bag was switched at a recent New York City charity bash. Rivers tucked the priceless purse away so she could pose for photographs at the New York Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To Children event on Monday, but picked up the wrong bag afterwards and someone else walked off with the heirloom. She tells PageSix.com, "Some lucky lady is going to say, 'Look at this! It's got money, Joan Rivers' lip gloss, a compact - this is some goodie bag!'"

#49 BobbyD

BobbyD

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21933 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 01:53 PM

All AP News
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rivers Replaced by Rinna on Red Carpet

Joan Rivers is being replaced by Lisa Rinna as TV Guide Channel's leading red-carpet host. The actress will make her debut at the Emmy Awards on Sept. 16, the network said Wednesday.

Rivers, 73, and her daughter, Melissa, launched TV Guide Channel's red-carpet programming in January 2005. They had previously appeared as red-carpet hosts on E! Entertainment.

"TV Guide Channel is very appreciative of Joan and Melissa Rivers' contributions to the success of our red-carpet programming over the past three years," Ryan O'Hara, president of TV Guide Channel, said in a statement. "We wish them the best in their future endeavors."

Rinna, 43, recently appeared on ABC's dance competition, "Dancing With the Stars." She starred on "Melrose Place" and "Days of Our Lives."

"Lisa has the perfect mix of charisma, poise and experience to lead our live red- carpet coverage at the major industry award shows," O'Hara said. "In addition to being an established TV star, she also has fashion expertise as both a business person and commentator, so she is a great fit for this role and for our brand."

Rivers, meanwhile, is staying mum.

"I will tell you my true feelings and experiences as soon as we finalize our new deal," she said in a statement released by her spokeswoman, Judy Katz.

Katz didn't provide further details.

___

Gemstar-TV Guide is the operator of the TV Guide Channel.

___

On the Net:

TV Guide Channel:

http://www.tvguide.com/

Joan Rivers:

http://www.joanrivers.com/

Lisa Rinna:

http://lisarinna.com/

#50 BobbyD

BobbyD

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21933 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:17 AM

(Pagesix.com)

Carpet Clean-up

JOAN and Melissa Rivers' Red Carpet Report on AOL, with more than 1.4 million hits in its first four hours, was the second-most watched program on AOL the day after the Academy Awards. While everyone else's red-carpet numbers were down significantly, including Ryan Seacrest on E! and Lisa Rinna and Joey Fatone on TV Guide, AOL set a new record with mother and daughter Rivers. "The Internet superhighway is now covered in red carpet," said Rivers, "and with my luck, my new contract will also have me vacuuming it."

#51 sanlee

sanlee

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12288 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:03 AM

Rivers Blasts Moaning Stars

Comedienne JOAN RIVERS has hit out at celebrities who complain about their fame - insisting they chose to be famous.

The actress is amazed performers live in Hollywood and moan about being followed by the paparazzi, because they can live anywhere they want.

She says, "I'm so sick of people who say, 'The paparazzi, I get no privacy.' Go buy an island. Or shut the doors on your $25 million mansion and have a great time."

Source: contactmusic
**MY INNER CHILD IS A MEAN LITTLE EFFER**

#52 Crackerjack123

Crackerjack123

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1556 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:30 AM

Comedienne JOAN RIVERS has hit out at celebrities who complain about their fame - insisting they chose to be famous.

The actress is amazed performers live in Hollywood and moan about being followed by the paparazzi, because they can live anywhere they want.

She says, "I'm so sick of people who say, 'The paparazzi, I get no privacy.' Go buy an island. Or shut the doors on your $25 million mansion and have a great time."

She has a point.

#53 Baby Doll

Baby Doll

ChitChat FANatic!

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1191 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:52 AM

She has a point.

She has a great point!

#54 NYCat

NYCat

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:37 AM

CLAWS BARED

DON'T invite Joan Rivers and Barbara Corcoran to share a dressing room ever again. When the ageless funny lady arrived at her dressing room at the "Today" show yesterday morning, Rivers found it was occupied by the real-estate queen, who was just going over some notes before her turn on air. But Joan and her entourage wouldn't go into the room until Barbara, who was alone, left. "I would lie down and be a carpet for you," exuded Barbara as she left. "What color?" Joan shot back.

#55 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41421 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:45 PM

[From The New York Daily News] via Celebitchy.com Joan Rivers is many things: Funny lady. Jewelry mogul. Red carpet mercenary. But a terrorist? Can we talk? Rivers, 76, was deemed a danger to national security and booted from a Newark-bound flight in Costa Rica on Sunday by a jittery Continental Airlines gate agent who found the two names on her passport fishy. Her passport reads: Joan Rosenberg AKA Joan Rivers. Rosenberg was her late husband’s last name. The “nasty and cruel” Continental gate agent bumped Rivers from the last flight out Sunday and the comedian found herself alone (her daughter, Melissa, flew out to Los Angeles earlier in the day) and with no ATM card and just $100 cash, she said. Rivers’ tale of woe put a famous face on travel’s new reality - one that leaves many feeling like common criminals. “If I were going to make up an alias, I wouldn’t pick Rosenberg. I’d pick Jolie or Pitt,” said Rivers, back home Monday in New York with her sense of humor intact. “Do terrorists wear Manolo Blahniks? I can tell you Donna Karan does not make anything that hides a bomb,” she said. “I tried the tears; they didn’t work. I tried reasoning. I couldn’t bribe because I didn’t have any money,” she said. “I said ‘I’m going to have a heart attack over this,’ so the woman called the paramedics.” She said a porter, Eldon Ramos, took pity and found a friend to drive her 6-1/2 hours to the main airport in Costa Rica’s capital of San Jose for a flight leaving Monday morning. New York-area travelers were also reporting their own horror stories. “It was just one security checkpoint after the other,” said Carmella Rodriguez, 65, of Brooklyn, after barely making it through customs at Newark with her nephew after arriving from Panama. “I told my nephew I felt like I was a delinquent person.”

#56 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41421 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:35 PM

Eonline.com

Continental Airlines may have forgotten who it's dealing with.

Joan Rivers tells me that she's turned down the airline's initial offer to make up for her recent Costa Rican airport fiasco...

The legendary comedian made international headlines earlier this week when she was bumped from a Costa Rica to Newark, N.J., flight because personnel apparently had a problem with her passport reading Joan Rosenberg, AKA Joan Rivers. Rosenberg was the last name of her late husband, Edgar.

After her seat was given away, 76-year-old Rivers had to take a six-and-a-half-hour drive to another airport for a flight back to the U.S.

She says Continental has offered to pay her the difference in cost between a first-class and a coach ticket.

"I said, 'I don't think that's where we should be,' " Rivers said. "I think we have to rethink this.' "

Rivers wants more!

"I want the entire roundtrip [reimbursed] because they ruined the whole trip for me," she said. "Absolutely reimbursed—and with some miles."

Let's hope she has better luck in the coming days when she flies to the West Coast. She'll be in Hollywood for her return to E! as host of this awards season's Fashion Police specials, starting with the Golden Globes on Jan. 18.

"It's such a good idea to do because the people aren't there, so you're not embarrassing or hurting this one or that one," Rivers said. "What you can say to their face and say behind their back are two very different things."

I'm so glad she'll be doing fashion talk again for E! :)

#57 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41421 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:10 AM

She's going to be in San Diego in Jan 2011. Yes, I bought tixs. :jumping1:

#58 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41421 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:56 AM

Saw her last weekend, she was great!! Very funny - talks SUPER fast so you're laughing and trying to listen to her at the same time. Would see her again. We left the theater and walking towards our car when we saw her limo and about 20 people hanging out by the back door. My sister and I hung out for a bit and got to see her exit. She is tiny, prob not even 5 feet tall, you can tell she's had work done but it looks like GOOD work when you see her in person. :shocked: She was very cute with the fans after, posed with a few people, when someone missed their shot she waited for them to take it again but she was in the car within 5 mins. If I wasn't a fan before, I am now :D

#59 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12026 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:09 AM

Saw her last weekend, she was great!! Very funny - talks SUPER fast so you're laughing and trying to listen to her at the same time. Would see her again. We left the theater and walking towards our car when we saw her limo and about 20 people hanging out by the back door. My sister and I hung out for a bit and got to see her exit. She is tiny, prob not even 5 feet tall, you can tell she's had work done but it looks like GOOD work when you see her in person. :shocked: She was very cute with the fans after, posed with a few people, when someone missed their shot she waited for them to take it again but she was in the car within 5 mins. If I wasn't a fan before, I am now :D

Awesome! I've always loved her - seeing her live would be such fun! We have free Showtime now (no clue why) so I've set the dvr to record the documentary about her - A Piece of Work!

#60 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41421 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:41 PM

As a celeb watcher, I find just as much fun watching the fans around them. The show we went to was downtown gaslamp district, hot spot in San Diego but not usually many celebs (unless it's Comic Con time :D). The people walking by who heard it was Joan Rivers were one of the top rudest I've heard - of course she puts the plastic surgery out there for everyone to know, but still some of the comments were harsh. As a walk by is doing exactly that, Joan came out the door. The person stopped in the middle of the sentence stopped, did a double take, then turned to their friend and said 'I take it back." :D The rudest walk by people I've ever heard in my life was for Tori Spelling book signing in downtown La Jolla. Seriously rude people, and ashamed to say how many of them were locals who had horrible plastic surgery themselves. <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users