Maxiemom

Lindsay Lohan still broke and a mess

regardless of the worth of the necklace - theft is theft, and doesn't any crime violate the terms of her probation? ugh enough of this already, I can't stand her shenanigans

Judge to Lindsay: If You Plead, You're Going to Jail

6 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Lindsay Lohan just got the word from the judge -- if she accepts a plea bargain, she WILL go to jail.

TMZ broke the story this morning ... the judge will throw Lindsay in jail if she accepts a plea bargain.

Judge Keith Schwartz told the famous defendant bluntly, "I don't care that you're Lindsay Lohan."

Judge Schwartz did not say how much jail time Lindsay would do if she cops a plea.

And, Judge Schwartz wants a psychological evaluation that will help him understand what makes Lindsay tick and what particular sentence is appropriate.

The judge explained ... if Lindsay pleads guilty or no contest, it will be an automatic admission she violated her probation.

And the judge announced what TMZ first reported ... Deputy D.A. Danette Meyers made a formal offer to settle the case. Lindsay's lawyer, Shawn Holley, will noodle over the offer before deciding, but the judge indicated Lindsay's probably not going to accept the D.A.'s offer. As we reported, Meyers wants significant jail time.

If Lindsay doesn't accept a plea, she'll stand trial and if she's found guilty she could get 1 year in state prison.

Lindsay is back in court on March 10. She has the option of pleading guilty and basically throwing herself at the court's mercy.

D.A.'s Offer: Six Months in Jail for Lindsay

41 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Sources connected with the Lindsay Lohan case tell TMZ ... the offer Deputy D.A. Danette Meyers made to Lindsay's lawyer in chambers was SIX MONTHS in jail.

Judge Keith Schwartz said in open court he had a feeling Shawn Holley would pass on the D.A.'s offer. That's because Lindsay will not accept jail time -- at least not now.

But here's why we're almost positive Lindsay will eventually cop a plea. She is going to jail no matter what.

The judge ruled Lindsay's preliminary hearing and probation violation case will be heard at the same time. At the end of the preliminary hearing, if the judge feels it's more likely than not that she stole the necklace, Lindsay will be thrown in jail immediately while she awaits trial on the grand theft case.

So even if Lindsay is ultimately found not guilty at trial, she'll still be in jail for the probation violation.

Short story ... it's likely Holley will plead guilty or no contest on behalf of her client, and then hope the judge gives Lindsay less than 6 months.

and the sad saga of Lindsay Lohan continues...

Lindsay Lohan cited for speeding Monday in West Hollywood [updated]

February 23, 2011 | 8:38 am

Lindsay Lohan, whose court troubles have been well-documented, had another brush with the law Monday in West Hollywood. [updated at 10:52 a.m.: An earlier version of this post had Lohan getting the ticket Sunday at 9 p.m.:]

The "Mean Girls" and "Herbie Fully Loaded" star was in the 400 block of San Vicente Boulevard around 2:30 p.m. when L.A. County sheriff's deputies clocked her going nearly double the speed limit -- 59 mph in a 30 mph zone, said sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore.

It was not immediately clear what Lohan was doing in the neighborhood, but she was cooperative and cited for speeding, Whitmore said.

Lohan was scheduled to appear at the Airport Courthouse on Wednesday for a hearing in connection with the alleged theft of a $2,500, "one-of-a-kind" necklace from a Venice jewelry store.

Judge to Lindsay Lohan: 'You will be going to jail' if case is settled

February 23, 2011 | 9:33 am

Judge Keith Schwartz said Wednesday at Airport Courthouse that he will send actress Lindsay Lohan to jail if she accepts a deal offered by prosecutors.

Although terms of that deal were not immediately made public, Schwartz said Lohan would have to plead guilty or no contest to charges. Prosecutors have alleged that she stole a necklace from a Venice jewelry store.

"This case does involve jail time -- period," Schwartz said. "If you plead in front of me -- if this case resolves in front of me -- you are going to jail. Period. It may be an issue as to amount of time."

Schwartz said that if Lohan rejects the offer the case will be set for a preliminary hearing in front of another judge. She must decide by her next court date on March 10.

Schwartz said he plans to treat Lohan like any other "John Doe" or "Jane Doe." He did say that he suspects Lohan and her attorney, Shawn Holley, will reject the prosecution's offer.

The last time Lohan appeared before Schwartz, he had warned her not to push her luck.

"You're no different than anyone else," Schwartz said at the time. "If you violate the law, I will remand you and set no bail, and your attorney won't be successful this time."

Lohan has been charged with stealing a $2,500 necklace from a Venice jewelry store. The felony grand theft charges are by far the most serious she's faced, and if convicted, could bring her significant jail time. Lohan has pleaded not guilty.

Law enforcement sources told The Times that the case against Lohan includes store surveillance video showing the actress wearing the necklace. Paparazzi photos taken days later also show the actress wearing the necklace. The case file also includes statements from people who were inside the store at the same time as Lohan, said the sources, who spoke on the condition that they not be named because the case was ongoing.

Lohan has been in and out of court and rehab over the last two years. She spent three months at the rehab center in Rancho Mirage under orders from Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Elden S. Fox, who spared the actress jail time in October after Lohan had tested positive for drugs while on probation in a DUI case. If she is convicted in the necklace theft, she would serve jail time for that crime and also be eligible for additional detention for violating her probation.

Riverside County prosecutors said they are still considering whether to file charges against her for allegedly shoving an employee at the Betty Ford clinic last year. The employee reported that Lohan had assaulted her but has since said she does not want to press charges.

The Shortlist msn.com

For an addict, the period after rehab is ideally a time for the careful practice of newfound sobriety in a low-stress environment. On Wednesday, Lindsay Lohan's live court appearance stream No. Umpteen-Thousand showed that her post-treatment situation has been anything but drama free. Facing a felony charge for stealing a $2,500 necklace, Lindz and her lawyer rejected the DA's suggestion that she plead guilty and do eight months in jail plus probation. On March 10, she'll have to either accept the plea deal or begin trial proceedings. A friend of LiLo fears the whole mess could screw up her ongoing rehabilitation. "I'm not sure if she can survive this," the pal tells PopEater. "She is so terrified and frightened that we all fear her addictions will kick in again to help her numb the fear." Yet incarceration seems imminent. "Lindsay's preliminary hearing and probation violation case will now be heard at the same time," a source tells the website. "So even if Lindsay is found not guilty of stealing she will be found guilty for her probation violation and sent to jail."

There is so much wrong with this, I can't even start......

The Shortlist msn.com

For an addict, the period after rehab is ideally a time for the careful practice of newfound sobriety in a low-stress environment. On Wednesday, Lindsay Lohan's live court appearance stream No. Umpteen-Thousand showed that her post-treatment situation has been anything but drama free. Facing a felony charge for stealing a $2,500 necklace, Lindz and her lawyer rejected the DA's suggestion that she plead guilty and do eight months in jail plus probation. On March 10, she'll have to either accept the plea deal or begin trial proceedings. A friend of LiLo fears the whole mess could screw up her ongoing rehabilitation. "I'm not sure if she can survive this," the pal tells PopEater. "She is so terrified and frightened that we all fear her addictions will kick in again to help her numb the fear." Yet incarceration seems imminent. "Lindsay's preliminary hearing and probation violation case will now be heard at the same time," a source tells the website. "So even if Lindsay is found not guilty of stealing she will be found guilty for her probation violation and sent to jail."

There is so much wrong with this, I can't even start......

I just look at the last line and keep my fingers crossed.

This article is an obvious feed from Lindsay's camp to "help her cause". I just had a brainstorm, that I'm sad to say I find completely plausible. What if Lindsay tries to "commit suicide" as a result of the stress of trying to stay in a safe enviroment, so that she get another visit to the psych ward instead of jail.

I wonder if we look at Dina's search history how many pages will be on how to attempt suicide and fail.....

I'm bumping THIS topic because I think the title is more accurate than the one on the poll. She is a mess, and I'm beginning to think she is going to get out of her jail term. I mean this: I will NEVER see a movie with this scumbag in it unless I see if for FREE. What a frickin' nightmare.

I'm bumping THIS topic because I think the title is more accurate than the one on the poll. She is a mess, and I'm beginning to think she is going to get out of her jail term. I mean this: I will NEVER see a movie with this scumbag in it unless I see if for FREE. What a frickin' nightmare.

You're a better person than I am. Scrubbing the bathroom or cleaning up after the dogs in the back yard would be a more productive use of my time.

I spent 12 years sitting in court rooms (as a paralegal, not a criminal) and I have never seen a repeat offender treated so gently by the Court. "Oh, take more time and think about it. There's no hurry. Go home, smoke some dope, have a drink and relax. Come back in a couple of weeks and let me know what you want your sentence to be."

I'm not at all in the habit of bringing race into everything, but if Ms. Lohan was a poor black woman she already would have been tried, sentenced and put in prison to serve her 3-5 years. At least around here.

I spent 12 years sitting in court rooms (as a paralegal, not a criminal) and I have never seen a repeat offender treated so gently by the Court. "Oh, take more time and think about it. There's no hurry. Go home, smoke some dope, have a drink and relax. Come back in a couple of weeks and let me know what you want your sentence to be."

I'm not at all in the habit of bringing race into everything, but if Ms. Lohan was a poor black woman she already would have been tried, sentenced and put in prison to serve her 3-5 years. At least around here.

What I really want to know is why isn't someone looking into the judicial system in CA that allows this kind of crap to go on??? Why isn't she being treated like the criminal that she is?

Preach.

Really want to know what this is about! (bold is mine)

Lindsay Probation Report Would Destroy Her

3/11/2011 1:00 AM PST by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned ... the L.A. County Probation Department report on Lindsay Lohan is so blistering, it could land her in prison if she's convicted of felony grand theft.

Multiple sources familiar with the probation report tell TMZ ... the report -- drafted after Lindsay allegedly took the necklace in January -- contains something "shocking" and "devastating" against Lindsay. The info has never been made public and our sources would not divulge specifics -- only to say any judge who uses it to determine sentencing would probably throw the book at Lindsay.The stakes are high if Lindsay doesn't accept Judge Keith Schwartz' proposed sentence -- which we're told is 3 months in jail. If Lindsay decides to fight the charge, Judge Stephanie Sautner would use the report to determine sentencing if she decides Lindsay violated her probation. Lindsay faces more than a year in jail for the probation violation.

And even worse for Lindsay ... if Lindsay is convicted of felony grand theft, the judge in that case would also consider the scathing probation report. The maximum sentence Lindsay would get for felony grand theft is 1 year in state prison.

Mind you Judge Schwartz' job is to try and settle cases, which is why he's willing to go pretty easy on Lindsay.

Short story -- Lindsay is crazy not to accept Judge Schwartz' offer.

Lindsay's lawyer, Shawn Holley, tells TMZ, "Judge Schwartz made it abundantly clear Thursday, on the record, that the probation violation, if proven, would be based on the theft allegation and nothing more. If there was such 'devastating' information in the Probation Report, wouldn't the allegations be based on that?"

I know, it is odd to me. Why would it affect sentencing, and not the outcome of her April court date? Or do they mean sentencing at that initial hearing? I'll bet she copped to the theft in a frenzied state. Or made up six or seven different stories about why she still had the necklace. Does anyone know how long she had it before she returned it? The missing piece for me is: what transpired between the time she left the store and the time she returned the necklace? Surely the store called her and asked her to return it before they called the police. THAT is what will get her in trouble.

Really want to know what this is about! (bold is mine)

Lindsay Probation Report Would Destroy Her

3/11/2011 1:00 AM PST by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned ... the L.A. County Probation Department report on Lindsay Lohan is so blistering, it could land her in prison if she's convicted of felony grand theft.

Multiple sources familiar with the probation report tell TMZ ... the report -- drafted after Lindsay allegedly took the necklace in January -- contains something "shocking" and "devastating" against Lindsay. The info has never been made public and our sources would not divulge specifics -- only to say any judge who uses it to determine sentencing would probably throw the book at Lindsay.The stakes are high if Lindsay doesn't accept Judge Keith Schwartz' proposed sentence -- which we're told is 3 months in jail. If Lindsay decides to fight the charge, Judge Stephanie Sautner would use the report to determine sentencing if she decides Lindsay violated her probation. Lindsay faces more than a year in jail for the probation violation.

And even worse for Lindsay ... if Lindsay is convicted of felony grand theft, the judge in that case would also consider the scathing probation report. The maximum sentence Lindsay would get for felony grand theft is 1 year in state prison.

Mind you Judge Schwartz' job is to try and settle cases, which is why he's willing to go pretty easy on Lindsay.

Short story -- Lindsay is crazy not to accept Judge Schwartz' offer.

Lindsay's lawyer, Shawn Holley, tells TMZ, "Judge Schwartz made it abundantly clear Thursday, on the record, that the probation violation, if proven, would be based on the theft allegation and nothing more. If there was such 'devastating' information in the Probation Report, wouldn't the allegations be based on that?"

Lindsay Probation Report: She's Been Drinking Again!

3/17/2011 12:45 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lindsay Lohan's probation report says she's been drinking fermented tea that contains alcohol -- yeah, big whoop.

Sources familiar with the report tell TMZ ... Lindsay fessed up to her probation officer ... she was drinking Kombucha tea, which has an alcohol content of 0.5% or less ... and now the L.A. County Probation Department added it to the list of reasons why the judge should violate her probation and send her to jail.

Lindsay was so bold ... she actually left one of her alcohol ed classes clutching a bottle of Kombucha.

That plea bargain's sounding better than ever.

I've been hearing tidbits that she is going to take the plea tomorrow, but I can't find anything that discusses that. Is that the news? (I've been away from the internet for about a week..)