princess

Kathy Griffin

PaxeSix:

Posted Image

July 6, 2006 -- KATHY Griffin decided it was time to split from her husband, Matt Moline, when she discovered he'd been stealing her money. She told Larry King during a recent taping, "My ex-husband, without my knowledge, was sneaking into my wallet when I was asleep in the mornings and taking my ATM cards from my private accounts and withdrawing money . . . That money totalled $72,000." The segment was to have run the other day but was bumped by the North Korea missile threat and will be rescheduled.

OK, given that you can only take, say $500 a day from an ATM, how much cash was she carrying in her wallet that he took $72,000 BEFORE she realized what was going on? I mean, I know Hollywood stars aren't like you & me, but I check my account online once a week or so to make sure nothing funky is going on. If $72,000 were missing, I'd raise a stink!!

Janet Charlton (consider the source, although she did have the inital story right)Since we revealed that Kathy Griffin was PRETENDING to reconcile with her exhusband Matt Moline on her reality TV show My Life on the D-List , we've learned a LOT more! Way more than Kathy is likely to reveal on Larry King! Let's backtrack. Last September while filming season one, Kathy learned from her bank that SOMEONE had been using her ATM card and draining one of her bank accounts.Money is VERY important to Kathy - friends consider her frugal. An investigation proved it was her own husband Matt. He had been quietly withdrawing $500 - the limit - every day for many months. What was Matt's problem - was it drugs? Another woman? Gambling? None of the above. Kathy was so upset she sent the D-List cameras home and filed for divorce. "She's not quite the victim she appears to be" revealed an insider. Apparently when Kathy married Matt she told him "I will never support you - you have to pay half the bills." Matt found himself caught up in Kathy's busy schedule - she hates to travel alone and wanted him with her at all times. He had no time to run his computer business and couldn't earn enough money to pay his bills. (When they went out to dinner, Kathy expected HIM to pay.) So he started robbing Peter to pay Paul. He took the money from Kathy and paid his bills and spent the rest on her! The network wanted her married on the show and that's why Matt returned for season two. It was all ACTING - they pretended everything was okay. Insiders feel the reason Kathy recently revealed Matt's thievery was to boost her show RATINGS. He is described as "humiliated - a broken man." Ironically Kathy hopes they can remain friends! It's a real soap opera and we hope there's a happy ending for both. Meanwhile, we're not going to miss an episode of D-List.

I have no idea how true this is but a good friend of mine was quite close to Janet Charlton and one of her gossip spies and he says that even though she works for a rag like the Star, her gossip is usually true. Take it for what it is worth.

All I can say, is if Janet's version of events are correct, my love for Kathy has diminished. That's a really shitty thing to do to your husband.

All I can say, is if Janet's version of events are correct, my love for Kathy has diminished. That's a really shitty thing to do to your husband.

I have never been a fan. I feel bad for the husband. Thief or not, putting up with her crap. . . . Edited by tyler

Kathy Griffin: My Ex Stole $72,000 From MeTUESDAY JULY 11, 2006 08:20AM ESTpeople.comBy Stephen M. SilvermanComedian Kathy Griffin told CNN's Larry King that her marriage to Matthew Moline fell apart after she discovered he'd stolen $72,000 from her. In a Larry King Live interview that aired Monday night, Griffin, 45, said that Moline, a software entrepreneur, had taken the money from her bank accounts over an 18-month period. "My ex-husband, without my knowledge, was sneaking into my wallet when I was asleep in the mornings and taking my ATM cards of my own private accounts and withdrawing money," said the star of Bravo's My Life on the D-List."He admitted it and apologized and ... we went to couples therapy," she continued. "I really wanted to make it work." Griffin and Moline wed in 2001; Griffin filed for divorce in September 2005. After an attempted reconciliation, the divorce became official on May 17. When King suggested that, given showbiz salaries, $72,000 isn't all that much, Griffin said Moline's action had tainted her feelings toward him: "Unfortunately, we (were not) able to get beyond the trust issue." King then read a statement submitted by Moline. "Since our divorce," it said, "I have not made any public comments about my ex-wife or our marriage. It saddens me that she would choose to make such accusations at this time. I have no intention of engaging in a public debate over private matters." Griffin, who occasionally cracked jokes during the interview (she even tried to get King to admit he'd had a facelift – he refused), said she has not been dating and has been putting all her energy into her work. "Eventually, I end up putting everything in the act," she said. "I kind of turn tragedy into comedy and I find that that's a great way for me to deal with it." She also said that talk-show hosts tend to have her on only once, given her outrageous behavior and remarks, and that she covets the bank account of former Three's Company star and Thigh Master mogul Suzanne Somers.

Yikes, I have tix for her standup show in another few weeks, will be interesting to see if she brings this up. :blink:

Humph. On the D-list first season the hubby is curling her hair (What, she can't curl it herself?) and helping her walk through her back yard dressed as a giant rat. Boyfriend shouldn't have stolen from her, but he does deserve a generous alimony for putting up with that shit.

Janet CharltonTWO LESS BELLS TO ANSWERStand by for more Kathy Griffin gossip! First we must remind you that we are crazy about Kathy and our affection for her is in no way diluted by her juicy scandals. We've always considered her something of a "stand-up gossip" - as opposed to just a standup comic. We relate. Anyway, we just found out what happened to her two "main gays," Tony and Dennis, who were prominently featured in the first season of "D-List." We've heard the guys wrote jokes for Kathy to use on the red carpet and were inseparable buddies. In fact, we ran into the threesome at the Cher concert at the Hollywood Bowl last year and they were very chummy. But after the first season the guys got tired of not earning money and asked to be paid. They quickly learned that Kathy is the ONLY person paid on that show. And it wasn't going to change. (As we told you, money is VERY important to Kathy. ) The guys didn't want to do the second season free and the friendship was abruptly OVER.

Too bad. I used to like her, but the more I learn about her, and the more plastic surgery she gets, the more repelled I am!

GAY'S OK, BUT GREEN RULES

Page Six

July 13, 2006 -- CHELSEA gay club Splash is throwing a hissy fit over comic Kathy Griffin. Club spokesman Len Evans tells us Griffin - the star of Bravo's "Life on the D-List" who often talks about her gay friends in her stand-up act - has turned down an offer to perform there in September. "We offered her $5,000, but she wanted 30 grand plus a $10,000 rider," Evans says. "On her show she's always like, 'My gays' and 'I love the gays,' but it's totally opposite in real life. We were taken aback by her response. If she had love for her gay fans she'd do it. I mean, J.Lo just performed at Gay Pride for free. I guess it's all about the money." Griffin's publicist said, "Any public appearances or stand-up bookings go through her agent."

So does this mean Kathy has moved up from the D List to the C list since she's been in the tabs so much recently? :D

D-Lister’s Gay DishfestComedian and self-proclaimed gossip whore Kathy Griffin glorified the gays and doled out the disses on Larry King Live Monday night, claiming queers are over Tom Cruise and moving on to Jake Gyllenhaal and Superman. When asked if she likes Superman Returns, the funny gal replied, “Hot. And the gays love him.” When King said, “But he’s not gay,” Griffin interjected, announcing, “The gays are almost willing to dump Gyllenhaal for the new Superman. Gyllenhaal’s not gay either and the gays all want him. They’re done with Cruise, they’ve had it, he’s too crazy. They’ve moved on to Gyllenhaal and the new Superman. You know the gays are moody. You gotta keep up...” She added that there’s a “gay think,” which she compares to hetero guys wanting to bang Angelina Jolie: “She’s like the hot thing, right? And all gay guys want to bang Gyllenhaal. They like the Brokeback.” Griffin—whose reality show, My Life on the D-List, was recently nominated for an Emmy—also discussed how her husband stole $72,000 from her bank account (which subsequently resulted in her divorce), and dished on her lady crushes. “I do love Suzanne Somers,” she admitted. “I think she’s delightful, you know her, she’s awesome. And Patricia Arquette I think is really beautiful. I don’t know, I think everybody’s beautiful like in their way or whatever. I mean I’m not like hot for chicks, but I’m certainly not putting down people who are. And if that’s your life choice, Larry, I’m not here to judge you.” Kathy, you? Judge? Never

FUNNY LADYKATHY Griffin just got an Emmy nomination for her hilarious show, "My Life on the D List," but Bravo still hasn't renewed it. "I don't know why," a mystified Griffin told us at "The View" queen Joy Behar's Upper West Side apartment during a party for stylist/interior decorator Robert Verdi. Not that it matters. We hear VH1 is dying for a shot at Griffin, who spent the rest of the night chatting up Behar, Meredith Vieira, "SNL" star Finesse Mitchell and "The View" uberflack Karl Nilson.

(Out.com)Kathy Griffin to Sleep with…Lance Bass?Kathy Griffin has always proclaimed her love of the boy band boys. But she took it one step further on Friday night during her show in Lakeshore, Fla. Our spies tell us the comic got her pal Lance Bass on the phone in the middle of the show (which lasted nearly two and a half hours!) and asked if his boyfriend, Reichen Lehmkuhl, would let her have the former NSYNC member for the night. Playing along, Lance said sure, but upon realizing he was being listened to on speakerphone by a crowd of about 2,300 people, Lance added, “I should have said, ‘Only if Reichen can watch.’” Now, really, we love all three of these people. Honestly, we do. But given the chance, we’d rather watch the boys go at it. Then again, Kathy probably would too.

I have to say, her husband looks really bored and really stunned and mildly annoyed throughout her show. I wonder how much $ he'll get in the divorce. A lot, I bet. He certainly seems to have earned it!

I wonder how much $ he'll get in the divorce. A lot, I bet. He certainly seems to have earned it!

After he stole her money??? I tend to think that might negate a prenup if they go the court route, not mediation....No matter how awful she was to be married to, you don't steal. Just like you don't cheat. If it's a bad marriage, END IT, then move on....

Kathy Griffin Tests Out a Stripper Pole

August 22, 2006 :: Comments :: Link to This :: Trackback

Sweet Holy Jesus am I thankful that Kathy Griffin wasn’t naked when she was cavorting with this stripper pole in the Light Nightclub. I mean, stripping is OK, especially if you are a single mom who has been plagued by a hard-knock life. But this is Kathy freakin’ Griffin, nothing is hard-knock about her, because she couldn’t pay a penis to go stiffy for her. Flaccid all the way, that’s Kathy for you. Worst. Paid. Stripper. Ever.

Janet Charlton

Last Laugh

We could hardly wait to get our hands on the new issue of Frontiers because we heard there was Kathy Griffin scoop in it. Sure enough, there was one of Kathy's "main gays" on the cover. Remember her two "best gays" that were prominently featured in the first season of her show "My Life on the D-List?" Before the series even aired they had been banished from her life. After ten years of friendship. Handsome Tony Tripoli revealed WHY. He insists it had NOTHING to do with the fact that they were not paid to be on the show. He says the friendship didn't end over one specific argument - it was what he calls "A blossoming lack of kindness and gratitude" on her part. (We suspect it COULD have something to do with the way she treated her husband Matt.) Tony says "I want to live in a world with a little more kindness." Tony has a role on new series Fashion House and he might be amused to hear that Kathy was seen last weekend flying ECONOMY on Southwest to Oakland where she took the SHUTTLE (no limo) to her show in Napa.

Kathy Griffins former "main gay" dishes on the falling out; her divorce

He says the friendship didn’t end over one specific argument. Instead, it was what he calls “a blossoming lack of kindness and gratitude” on her part. “Kathy is the sun in her world and everyone else is planets revolving around her. But she’s a brilliant comedian. No one is funnier. She has created a niche for herself, the world that she wants to live in, and I applaud that. I want to live in a world that has a little more kindness.”

“I play an actual gay guy on a show and I’m actually gay! A practicing homosexual who’s not ashamed of it,” says Tony Tripoli. Wearing a tight, long-sleeved black shirt and jeans, with his hair perfectly spiked, the handsome and muscular Tripoli looks great and is upbeat and ready to talk—about everything.

It shouldn’t really be a surprise that Tripoli is able to hold his own on the new nightly soap opera Fashion House, headlined by formidable blondes Bo Derek and Morgan Fairchild. Here’s a guy who spent a decade as one of the best friends of that formidable redhead Kathy Griffin, and was regularly featured on her show My Life on the D-List.

Tripoli, 36, was one of Griffin’s “best gays,” along with his best friend and roommate, Dennis Hensley, author of the popular book Screening Party. But it’s been more than a year since this once tightest of trios has even spoken to each other. But the exposure on D-List led to the Fashion House gig, which casts him as Hans, a gay fashion designer who works for Derek’s character, an evil fashion-label owner.

“It’s huge to think about these gay and questioning youths flipping through the dial and to be able to see themselves in television shows,” says Tripoli. “That’s great and profoundly impactful.”

When we meet for a chat at the Abbey, a place he refers to as “the Bermuda Triangle of self-esteem,” Tripoli is just two days removed from wrapping a hectic summer shooting schedule for the show in San Diego.

“Once the show airs, I’m hoping I can walk in here with a little bit more of an attitude,” he jokes. “I can’t wait to have an entourage. That’s my plan for 2007, to be totally insufferable. … If we weren’t needy freaks, we wouldn’t be in this industry!”

Tripoli has never spoken publicly about why he and Hensley fell out with Griffin, and says he never planned to. But the tart-tongued comedian, who made headlines over the summer by saying on Larry King Live that she split from her husband Matt Moline because he stole more than $72,000 from her, also gave the impression, Tripoli says, that he and Hensley had been less than loyal friends.

“There’s no way to talk about it that won’t make her look bad,” Tripoli says. “ She wasn’t talking about us and I wasn’t talking about her. She’s chosen to start talking, and mentioned in the press that Dennis and I dumped her in her hour of need. I think it’s remarkable that after a decade of friendship and loyalty, unparalleled in a town like this—it is incredibly sad and painful that she would say to the press that we abandoned her.”

On the topic of Griffin, Tripoli wants to set a few things straight: The friendship did not end because of—nor was it ever affected by—money, as he and Dennis were never paid for appearing on D-List and never asked to be. He added that Griffin stopped speaking with him and Hensley before the first season of D-List even began airing on Bravo. The situation with her husband had occurred on the third day of taping of the first season in November 2004, and Tripoli says the situation had essentially been sorted out with divorce papers filed and a “post-nup” agreement to proceed with the show as though all were well.

But all was not well. Tripoli remembers getting a tearful call from Griffin the night she discovered some of her money was missing. “I got a call from her, crying, and I had only seen her cry twice before,” he says. “She was crying and said, ‘How fast can you get here?’ I thought that one of the dogs died. Matt came home and the four of us sat there and talked about everything. There were contractual obligations to do a season for Bravo. I’m proud of how we stepped up. I didn’t even tell my own mother.”

He says the friendship didn’t end over one specific argument. Instead, it was what he calls “a blossoming lack of kindness and gratitude” on her part. “Kathy is the sun in her world and everyone else is planets revolving around her. But she’s a brilliant comedian. No one is funnier. She has created a niche for herself, the world that she wants to live in, and I applaud that. I want to live in a world that has a little more kindness.”

One friendship that has endured is the one between Tripoli and Hensley. Their chemistry was apparent the first time they met at a party, among a group of people watching a Vanessa Williams biography on the television. Both were annoyed by her speaking voice, which they decided was just a bit too self-important.

“I made a rude remark, he agreed, and we just knew in that moment we were best friends who hadn’t met yet,” Tripoli says. “It’s one of the greatest gifts of my life. We really have a brotherhood, this incredible closeness. I think I’m at my absolute best and funniest when I’m with Hensley.”

With the Sept. 5 debut of Fashion House, it’s a whole new world for Tripoli, who has already completed his work on the show. He filmed 65 one-hour episodes, “which meant a lot of round-trips from Los Angeles to San Diego. We made like three seasons worth of a regular show.”

And making it more challenging was that the shows were not shot by episode. Scenes were shot out of order according to location.

“You really had to keep track,” he says. “Has this person lied to me yet? Are you pregnant yet? You had to come in every day with your lines learned and be ready to go.”

He says working with Bo Derek was a great experience, and she has invited him to visit her and her boyfriend, actor John Corbett (Sex in the City, Northern Exposure), at her ranch. But before they began working, Tripoli was a little concerned about working with the actress, who is a staunch Republican.

“I wondered, am I going to spend the entire summer with this woman who thinks I’ll burn in hell forever?” Tripoli says. “I was a little nervous. We’re best friends on the show and I wanted it to ring true. But I’m a little ashamed that I went into it being a little nervous about that, it was really unfair. She was immensely kind and hysterically funny. I loved cracking her up in the middle of her close-ups. People are allowed to have their politics. She’s a wonderful human being and a wonderful person. She’s more beautiful now than she was in 10. Can you believe that was 25 years ago?”

As for Fairchild, Tripoli could not have been more impressed.

“It’s criminal, criminal that they would have a gay man on the show and never let him have a scene with Morgan Fairchild,” Tripoli laughs. “There should be litigation! There should be litigation!”

They didn’t get to share scenes, but they did share some time on the set, including her first day, when word got to her that Tripoli was dying to meet her.

“She said, ‘You don’t let that boy leave today until he meets me!’ It’s sorta like I was the Make-A-Wish kid and my dying wish was to meet her. She said, ‘Sit, darling, and let’s talk.’”

When he started to gush, Fairchild said, “Oh please, darling. I’ve been playing this same bitch for 40 years. I can certainly do it for another summer!”

As for the future, Tripoli is looking for his next acting gig and is also dabbling in stand-up. He made his debut at the Laugh Factory in late August.

“It’s another avenue to explore, and honey, I got stories to tell. I just worked with Morgan Fairchild and Bo Derek. I used to sing on cruise ships. There’s enough to fill an act.”

But ultimately, he has bigger ambitions.

“I want to be the gay Oprah! I want to dictate how everyone’s house looks and how they dress. Oprah does a show on bras and now women everywhere are wearing those bras. I wish Logo would give me a talk show, I would love it!”

source

NEW TO PARIS

Page Six

October 9, 2006 -- OUR favorite comedienne, Kathy Griffin, took on a new assistant last month: Paris Hilton. "We were doing a shoot by Mario Testino for Italian Vogue, and Paris was there - and so I put her to work and hired her as my assistant," Griffin told us. "I had her get me reservations at Mr. Chow - but I didn't invite her; I took Lance Bass. Then I had to explain to her the meaning of the word 'versatile' - she had never heard it before. I ended up firing her. It was just too tedious. She wasn't versatile enough."