princess

Scarlett Johansson

I actually think she's kinda bland...but I haven't seen Match Point. I mean...it's rumored that she sleeps with directors/producers for parts...and it wouldn't be THAT hard to believe since she's monotone and dull, acting wise. :D

I really liked her in A Love Song for Bobby Long and of course Ghost World.

I actually think she's kinda bland...but I haven't seen Match Point. I mean...it's rumored that she sleeps with directors/producers for parts...and it wouldn't be THAT hard to believe since she's monotone and dull, acting wise. :D

I really liked her in A Love Song for Bobby Long and of course Ghost World.

Yes yes yes to Ghost World. :)

Scarlett Johansson Record Deal in the Works

Scarlett Johansson and Lindsay Lohan are about to have something in common.

Scarlett, I am told, has signed a deal to make her first record. "Scarlett Sings Tom Waits" is being recorded now and through the winter, with a possible release next spring from Rhino Records' recently reactivated Atco label. The eventual release date will be coordinated with Johansson's movie schedule.

Fear not, though. Unlike some other recent pop tarts, Scarlett — who turns 22 next month — can actually sing; she is no Paris Hilton. Also, her choice of material is a tad more sophisticated. She's making a whole album of songs by Tom Waits, one of the premier singer-songwriters in the business.

Let's just hope the whole thing won't get "lost in translation." But my spies say that Scarlett has a lovely, whispery delivery that carries a tune nicely and is suited to Waits' unusual lyrics.

No word yet on the producer, but she'd be smart to listen to Rikki Lee Jones' fine 1993 album, "Traffic in Paradise," for inspiration.

Is this just the beginning of more young actresses jumping into the diva pool? It's not like Paris Hilton is going to one-up Scarlett by doing a tribute to Leonard Cohen, but more reasonable ideas could include: Gwyneth Paltrow, who performs admirably in the new movie "Infamous"; Liv Tyler, who has the genes from parents Bebe Buell and Steven Tyler; and Nicole Kidman, who did have a hit in England with Robbie Williams.

And don't count out Lindsay. Her days with Tommy Mottola may be over, but she's only 19. A comeback is still possible.

foxnews.com

Scarlett Johansson Record Deal in the Works

Scarlett Johansson and Lindsay Lohan are about to have something in common.

Scarlett, I am told, has signed a deal to make her first record. "Scarlett Sings Tom Waits" is being recorded now and through the winter, with a possible release next spring from Rhino Records' recently reactivated Atco label. The eventual release date will be coordinated with Johansson's movie schedule.

Fear not, though. Unlike some other recent pop tarts, Scarlett — who turns 22 next month — can actually sing; she is no Paris Hilton. Also, her choice of material is a tad more sophisticated. She's making a whole album of songs by Tom Waits, one of the premier singer-songwriters in the business.

Let's just hope the whole thing won't get "lost in translation." But my spies say that Scarlett has a lovely, whispery delivery that carries a tune nicely and is suited to Waits' unusual lyrics.

No word yet on the producer, but she'd be smart to listen to Rikki Lee Jones' fine 1993 album, "Traffic in Paradise," for inspiration.

Is this just the beginning of more young actresses jumping into the diva pool? It's not like Paris Hilton is going to one-up Scarlett by doing a tribute to Leonard Cohen, but more reasonable ideas could include: Gwyneth Paltrow, who performs admirably in the new movie "Infamous"; Liv Tyler, who has the genes from parents Bebe Buell and Steven Tyler; and Nicole Kidman, who did have a hit in England with Robbie Williams.

And don't count out Lindsay. Her days with Tommy Mottola may be over, but she's only 19. A comeback is still possible.

foxnews.com

Let's hope her off key singing in the karaoke scene in Lost in Translation was "acting"...

and i was just begining to respect her as an actress who could do more than pout her lips, too.

She's crossed the line to what the Irish call "MAWs"- "model, actress, whatever". shame.

She may not be as outrageous as Lohan, but why oh why should we expect anything different from her as opposed to the rest of young hollywood actresses. They all try it at one point.

Scarlett Johanson at the Moet and Chandon Fashion Tribute (10/24/2006)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

credits to mad

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

celeb-city

Splitting Point

SCARLETT Johansson may soon be seeking comfort from her old pal Woody Allen. Sources tell Page Six the "Black Dahlia" star and her longtime boyfriend and co-star, Josh Hartnett, are close to calling it quits. "They are on the rocks," said one source. "Scarlett is always mad at him, and they are always arguing." Another insider says Hartnett hasn't been in the United States in weeks - presumably he's shooting "30 Days of Night" in New Zealand. Reps for Johansson and Hartnett did not return calls.

she really is stunning... but what's with that dress making her look like she has major lovehandles going on?!?

she really is stunning... but what's with that dress making her look like she has major lovehandles going on?!?

Are those lovehandles or her boobs??? I thought she was an 18 hr girl - braless is not a look for her! :blink:

It looks like she's got some love handles going on there.

I agree - the dress is awful - nothing good about it - way too many lumps up top - and not good ones!

Seriously, why would a stylist think this was a good look? Wouldn't you want your celeb looking their best?

It looks like she's got some love handles going on there.

I agree - the dress is awful - nothing good about it - way too many lumps up top - and not good ones!

Seriously, why would a stylist think this was a good look? Wouldn't you want your celeb looking their best?

Sometimes, that's what I think. But if it's a certain designer I know I would wear it on the off chance that they like you and want you to keep wearing their clothes. If some hot designer gave me a garbage bag covered in used tampons, I know I would wear it.

Although, she does look absolutely gorgeous in this picture. She certainly has that classic old-Hollywood look about her that is really missing today.

If some hot designer gave me a garbage bag covered in used tampons, I know I would wear it.

Babloo - you could SO pull that off - the only question would be - what shoes???? :wacko:

If some hot designer gave me a garbage bag covered in used tampons, I know I would wear it.

Babloo - you could SO pull that off - the only question would be - what shoes???? :wacko:

Good grief, where do I find this stuff?? - princess

"Riding The Cotton Pony"

Copyright Marisa Frye 2005

Marisa Frye, 25, San Diego, California

Marisa Frye writes,

Shoes symbolically describe a person's status in society. We gain control of how society judges us by projecting an image of how we wish to be seen. Since our innate fear of rejection keeps us on guard from revealing too much personal information to the public, we try to cover up as much as we can. But what if the "personal information" being hidden isn't anything extraordinary, but rather ordinary? What if the secret is merely being kept a secret because it challenges predetermined comfort levels set within society? A universal truth thriving on a force based solely on society's fear of becoming familiar with the adverse side of that which is commonly associated with gratification: a woman's sexuality. For one week out of every month, and for a large percentage of her life, a woman in menses struggles to maintain her pleasure role. Cleanliness outweighs sexual desire. She stuffs herself full of tampons. And undue exposure sets the stage for rejection and shame. In today's hedonistic society we continue to veil the intrinsic "unclean" part of a woman's sexuality. It is as though a woman's body is shamed for menstruating, yet celebrated for the times when she's not. My piece confronts this issue - the side of sex no one wants to look at. The unobjectified version of a woman. My shoe forces the public to see the secret women hide so well regardless of whether or not it is considered sexy.

One's eyes cannot quite believe what they are seeing until they make the connection between the menstrual euphemisms written on the arch of the shoe to the red cotton masses that wrap around its perimeter. It then becomes obvious that they are tampons and that the tampons are real and so is the blood. Well, all but one. The tampon in the middle front of the shoe is the only fake, and is the only replicated tampon I made before my concept was clear to me. I chose to incorporate the fake tampon because I wanted to show my natural inclination to unconsciously cover up the reality of my own menstruation and contrast that with my willingness to reveal it through the real tampons. Although it is offensive, you now know it initially it wasn't meant to be.

I chose to stitch the tampons onto my paper shoe structure representing the creative technique traditionally practiced by women. I wanted to use stitching to draw a parallel to the idea of how women sustain certain traditions in society, even those that place them in restrictive roles. The gnarled thread on the sides of the shoes is tangled in a gesture of defiance to the manner women are suppose to sew in and at the same time expected to behave, neat and straight. Thread bobbins stack to form the heel of the high heel (the thread being a reference to seam stressing and the high heel - pain and awkwardness of appeal.) The shoe is placed on top of a menstrual pad, an analogy to the euphemism "Riding The Cotton Pony." My piece has many different meanings. It's up to the viewer to interpret.

^For serious on that shoe. I don't see how I could turn it down, even with my garbage bag suit covered in used tampons. Paris Hilton: Eat your heart out.

Could you imagine walking into a club with that on? It's so fierce, Nomi Malone couldn't turn it down.

^For serious on that shoe. I don't see how I could turn it down, even with my garbage bag suit covered in used tampons. Paris Hilton: Eat your heart out.

Could you imagine walking into a club with that on? It's so fierce, Nomi Malone couldn't turn it down.

The only objection I have here is that I think the shoe artist above takes herself WAY too seriously. If this was written in a humorous way, I'd like the shoe more, but she makes some kind of earth shaking political statment about the roles of women. Unrolled tampons, unrolled thread, one sharpie and a bunch of sticks of glue from your glue gun. YAWN. (BUT, HUGE HUGE cudos to Princes for finding this accessory for the tampon dress.)

p.s. Paris wouldn't wear a tampon dress anyway...remember that photo shoot when she had blood dripping down her leg and some girl wrote in that she wouldn't use a tampon because it wasn't SEXY? I swear, it is in Paris' section somewhere. YUCK.

Scarlett Johansson Is Ready To Bare It All

In the name of film, of course. She's ready for a film role that calls for her to reveal her "goodies." From WireGirl:

The actress, famed for her curvaceous body, insists she is ready to bare all on the big screen for the right part. She said: "I'm still making up my mind about when I'll do a nude scene. I'm not opposed to doing nudity, it would just have to be the right project, maybe some sensational European art film." Scarlett, insists she wouldn't be embarrassed about showing her naked curves on celluloid because she is very happy with her body, especially her breasts.

I too am ready to get naked for the right project. Alas, no one is asking.