Temptrous

Gisele Bundchen

Yeah. Sorry for my lack of excitement.

I don't care either - just thought his baby's momma got a raw deal!

Yeah. Sorry for my lack of excitement.

I don't care either - just thought his baby's momma got a raw deal!

I do too, sort of. It all depends on if the pregnancy happened by accident (not really something likely in this day and age) or if she went ahead and got pregnant to force an agenda or not. Not something I'll probably ever know.

Gisele Bundchen: Tom Brady's Son Is "100 Percent" Mine

Monday March 30, 2009

Posted Image

Gisele Bundchen has never met Bridget Moynahan, the mother of her husband Tom Brady's son, she tells the May issue of Vanity Fair.

"I understand that he has a mom, and I respect that, but to me it's not like because somebody else delivered him, that's not my child," she says of John Edward Thomas Moynahan, who was born in 2007. "I feel it is, 100 percent. I want him to have a great relationship with his mom, because that's important, but I love him the same way as if he were mine."

Bundchen - who wed Brady in February, as Usmagazine.com exclusively reported -- says it was "definitely a surprise" when she learned that Moynahan was pregnant shortly after she began dating the New England Patriot quarterback.

"In the beginning you're living this romantic fantasy; you're thinking, 'This can't be true, it's so good! And then, Whoops—wake-up call!'" she says.

But standing by Brady as they figured things out "was a blessing, because otherwise I don't think I would have known what he was made of, and he wouldn't have known what I was made of."

"I was like, You have the heart in a good place!" she says. "It made me feel more in love with him; it made me realize who he was."

Brady, she says,"is very close to his family. He's Catholic. His parents have been married 40 years. He's got a pure heart. That's all that matters – he's got the purest heart."

Adds Bundchen (who plans to celebrate their marriage with family and friends in Costa Rica this Friday): "I feel grateful because I have a lot of love in my life. I found the person I'm sharing my life with. I have a good man."

As for her ex, Leonardo DiCaprio, she says, "Leo is a really wonderful person. We still speak sometimes, and I'm friends with his mom. He still has one of my dogs."

"We were very young, and we grew together in a lot of ways," she adds. "We were just not meant to be boyfriend and girlfriend, but I respect him enormously, and I wish him nothing but the best."

I don't know what went down in the Tom/ Bridget relationship and I don't particularly care for Bridget, but if I were her, those comments would really piss me off. The way Giselle says she wants him to have a "great relationship with his mom" as if that is something she allows rather than a given; almost as if she WERE the mom instead of step-mom. The 100% mine comment would really rub me the wrong way as well. I'm sure she meant nothing by it, but still, it sounds a bit overly possessive. It's great to have a close relationship, but Bridget IS ultimately the mom.

as a mother that would piss me off . My daughter has a step mom and she was only 3 when we split and she got a stepmom and even then when my daughter was that young, stepmom still respected me and would never say anything like that !! It's awful. She needs to have her own kids and remember that Tom's son is her stepson . You want your kids to get along well and be treated nicely by their stepmom but not taken over by them !!!!

I agree--I'm hoping it was some sort of "english as a second language" (or being taken out of context) kind of thing.

I'm with you Hoya-I don't believe she intended to insult Bridget, I think it's the second language thing too. If she hasn't caused trouble over this in the past then it's not likely she's looking to do it now.

I see it as a "when he is with me/us, I treat, care, and protect him as my own. I know he has a mother, but when she isn't there, I will be."

She doesn't see him as a nuisance or a threat or a "necessary" to get along with for the sake of her marriage. She acknowledges she isn't his biological mother, but sees him as their son [who happens to have another mother not herself].

Okay ~ back to reality. Bitch meant exactly what she said. In the candid, she looks like a drug addict. There was some heavy help on that cover photo.

As for her and Brady having the purest of hearts ~ they both love themselves more then any other human. It's wonderful they found each other. Now please go away.

Okay ~ back to reality. Bitch meant exactly what she said. In the candid, she looks like a drug addict. There was some heavy help on that cover photo.

As for her and Brady having the purest of hearts ~ they both love themselves more then any other human.

Do you know them personally?

she looks so outrageously gorgeous on that Vanity Fair cover! just incredible!

she's really the only SUPERMODEL since the likes of Cindy, Christy, Linda, Naomi, Claudia & Kate

I'd like to see her in real life without all the photoshopping they do on these mags

I see it as a "when he is with me/us, I treat, care, and protect him as my own. I know he has a mother, but when she isn't there, I will be."

She doesn't see him as a nuisance or a threat or a "necessary" to get along with for the sake of her marriage. She acknowledges she isn't his biological mother, but sees him as their son [who happens to have another mother not herself].

Then she should have said that. English as a second language doesn't excuse stupidity.

"I understand that he has a mom, and I respect that, but to me it's not like because somebody else delivered him, that's not my child," she says of John Edward Thomas Moynahan, who was born in 2007. "I feel it is, 100 percent. I want him to have a great relationship with his mom, because that's important, but I love him the same way as if he were mine."

She is either incredibly stupid or unbelievably cruel. I'm guessing the latter. This is both an attempt to make herself look good and a huge dig at Bridget. Of course that hurts Bridget; who wouldn't know that?

Gisele's been around for long enough now that I don't think this was an "English foible." (JMO -- your mileage may vary.) It sounds very Gwyneth-fied to me: "I give him permission to have a good relationship with his mother." (My interpretation of her comment.) How positively magnanimous of her!

As for her and Brady having the purest of hearts ~ they both love themselves more then any other human.

Do you know them personally?

Nope, nope, I know no celebs. Just expressing what I see whenever this woman pops up thanks to her pr people. -_-

She didn't just pop off the boat..english as a second language as been part of her life for a while now. She knew what she was saying !! I think she means it and wasn't just saying it to be cruel but I also think she feels there was nothing wrong with it.

BRIDGET'S CAMP BLASTS GISELE

Page Six

April 1, 2009 --

BRIDGET Moynahan is furious with Gisele Bundchen after Bundchen boldly bragged to Vanity Fair about being mommy to Moynahan and Tom Brady's son, John.

But while Moynahan is taking the high road and keeping quiet, her friends are not.

One close pal told Page Six, "If Gisele loved Bridget's child like he was '100 percent her own,' then she would not talk about him in the press. Discretion and respect are not either of Gisele or Tom's virtues, as was evidenced even when the child was still unborn and they publicly flaunted their relationship without any discretion whatsoever."

Brady and Moynahan broke up before the "Lord of War" star learned she was pregnant and he began dating Bundchen. Moynahan gave birth to John on Aug. 22, 2007.

Moynahan's friend continued: "Don't you think Jack will grow up and read her comments and find them disrespectful to him and his mother? If Tom is such a great father as everyone likes to say, then you would think that he'd respect the privacy of his young child and would ask his wife not to use his son as a publicity prop and a subject of public discussion. Is she is so desperate for attention that she can't find anything more productive to talk about other than Bridget's child?"

In Vanity Fair, Bundchen not only said John was "100 percent her child," she added: "It's not like because somebody else delivered him, that's not my child. I love him the same way as if he were mine. I already feel like he's my son, from the first day . . . He's my little angel -- the sweetest, most cuddly, loving baby. I feel blessed to have him in my life. I understand that he has a mom, and I respect that. But to me, it's not like because somebody else delivered him, that's not my child -- I feel it is, 100 percent."

Moynahan's friend also quipped, "Hey Gisele -- real mothers don't call their kids 'it.' " Moynahan's rep declined to comment

I don't really know much about Gisele or the other two, but I think what she said was sweet and seems sincere (insofar as any celeb statement we read in print ever is). She's a woman known primarily (if not exclusively) for her looks being interviewed in Vanity Fair, married to a handsome athlete, and we expect her not to be a narcissistic media whore? Please. Much better for her to love and dote on the little guy than treat him as some foreign beast, an inconvenient relic from an earlier relationship. I agree that it probably would be better to have a policy of not talking about the baby or the prior relationship at all, but if she is going to talk about him, I don't see anything wrong with what she said. Anyone who has tried to navigate the minefield of loving a stepchild (and making sure that stepchild knows you love and are there for him) without treading on the "real" mother's toes should understand. And if the "real" mother is a similarly narcissistic media whore? Oy vey.

I don't really know much about Gisele or the other two, but I think what she said was sweet and seems sincere (insofar as any celeb statement we read in print ever is). She's a woman known primarily (if not exclusively) for her looks being interviewed in Vanity Fair, married to a handsome athlete, and we expect her not to be a narcissistic media whore? Please. Much better for her to love and dote on the little guy than treat him as some foreign beast, an inconvenient relic from an earlier relationship. I agree that it probably would be better to have a policy of not talking about the baby or the prior relationship at all, but if she is going to talk about him, I don't see anything wrong with what she said. Anyone who has tried to navigate the minefield of loving a stepchild (and making sure that stepchild knows you love and are there for him) without treading on the "real" mother's toes should understand. And if the "real" mother is a similarly narcissistic media whore? Oy vey.

Bittermuch, you've said a mouthful on both counts. I agree with it all. :hellowave: I'll also add that the child's perception will initially be driven completely by what he/she is hearing in the custodial household. If it's constant dissing of the other parent, the child will believe that until old enough to figure it out on their own (hopefully).

If Bridget is really taking the high road, then she'd better advise her so-called close pals to stop talking to gossip columnists about her business. Hopefully she doesn't allow that crap talk around the child.

Edited by Hihomumio

I'm in the camp that she should just keep her mouth shut about the kid, save a few canned, pre-approved comments. I'm a step mom who has to walk this line all the time. My kids started out calling me "mom", and I told them to call me by my first name out of respect for their mother. They completely understood. Bridgette has a right to be upset.

And yes, I do refer to them as my kids, as we have full custody, and it just makes conversation easier among folks who don't need to know the difference.