Sign in to follow this  
princess

Lost Discussion

But I have to totally disagree with the statement about Ben...I love his character. I think he was the only great thing about last season, and him on screen with Locke was just pure gold!!

Well, you're definitely not alone as many others agree. I can't give you a reason but the character and actor just bug the heck out of me, lol. :)

From Kristen @ Eonline

Link

LOST

Executive Producer Damon Lindelof Says: "Indeed, it would appear that we are in the endgame of the strike. Personally, I couldn't be more psyched to be part of this union. Like any negotiation, some parts suck and some parts surpassed my wildest expectations for what we could accomplish, but most of all I'm left with a feeling of pride.

"As for Lost (pending the actual lifting of the strike, which we vote for on Tuesday), a game plan should begin to manifest by the end of the week. All I can say is that Carlton and I and the rest of the writers have every intention of making sure you guys get more episodes this season beyond the eight already completed. How many and how they will be aired is a conversation we'll be having with our bosses, but as soon as we've got a plan, we'll tell the fans first."

What We're Hearing: Lost's actors are on standby, and the show is expected to produce more episodes this season. Fingers crossed! The bigger question is who'll keep the golden Thursday at 9 p.m. time slot once those Seattle Grace docs also return...How 'bout we put Sawyer and McDreamy in a cage and let 'em duke it out? ('Cause we know who'd win...)

More 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'Lost' in April

ABC also announces returns for 'Desperate Housewives,' 'Ugly Betty'

February 20, 2008

ABC will close the 2007-08 season with several new episodes of its most popular scripted shows, including "Grey's Anatomy," "Desperate Housewives" and "Lost."

The network announced its post-strike plans Wednesday afternoon, becoming the last of the big broadcasters to slot the return of its scripted series. Seven shows are going back into production and will air between four and seven new episodes each starting in April. (The network also has new seasons of "Dancing with the Stars" and "The Bachelor" debuting Monday, March 17.)

First up is the comedy "Samantha Who?," which will return for six episodes on Monday, April 7, in the post-"Dancing" spot that served it well in the fall. "Boston Legal" airs the first of six new shows the following night.

The TV Grid: When Is Your Favorite Show Coming Back?

Also returning are "Brothers & Sisters" on Sunday, April 20 and "Ugly Betty" on Thursday, April 24. "Grey's Anatomy" and "Lost," which will move from 9 to 10 p.m., also come back on the 24th; all three Thursday shows will have five new episodes. "Lost" fans will have to wait about a month between the final pre-strike episode and the debut of the new installments.

"Desperate Housewives," meanwhile, will squeeze in seven new hours of shooting, including a two-hour season finale. Its first episode back is scheduled for Sunday, April 13.

The pre-strike Wednesday lineup of "Pushing Daisies," "Private Practice" and "Dirty Sexy Money" won't be back this spring, but ABC has picked up all three series for the 2008-09 season.

'Lost' Returns in January

Set your "Lost" countdown clocks to 75 days: ABC has set the show's season premiere date.

The show will open its fifth season with a two-hour premiere starting at 9 p.m. ET Wednesday, Jan. 21. It marks a return to Wednesdays for the show, which aired after "Grey's Anatomy" on Thursday nights at the end of last season.

more

Don't think this site has spoilers, just a TON of info on all the main characters and catchup stuff - princess

"Lost" is back baby! I found this great site that goes through 108 of the characters you need to know, they're all important to the plot in some way. If you're having trouble getting caught up (or you missed an entire season like I did) this is very helpful. Here is link to website.

Don't think this site has spoilers, just a TON of info on all the main characters and catchup stuff - princess

"Lost" is back baby! I found this great site that goes through 108 of the characters you need to know, they're all important to the plot in some way. If you're having trouble getting caught up (or you missed an entire season like I did) this is very helpful. Here is link to website.

This is great, thank you! I sent it to my youngest and he wanted me to tell you that he thanks you too. :)

:BangHead: I tried to watch the premiere of Lost. After 1 hour I realized I was wasting my time again. I really like alot of the characters, but the storyline really stinks. No more for me.

Hell, I only missed a couple of episodes over the years and I have trouble following. But at least Sawyer looks as good as ever and the fact that he obviously cares about someone more then himself for a change is enough to make me watch. :inlove:

So they flash back to the original Dharma creators - I believe it's Dr. Chang or something like that who's filming the first orientation video - when he's called out because they're having problems blasting through some rock and in the x-ray of the rock, you can see what almost appears to be like the steering wheel of a ship. I assume this is the same wheel that Creepy Ben uses to turn and move the island in later time? So, should we believe that some ancient person ended up having his ship wrecked there and encased in rock or are we looking at an ancient alien ship? I think they're going to end this just like the X Files and Raiders of the Lost Ark ~ It all comes down to aliens. That way, no matter how many things don't make sense or how many questions can't be answered, they can just blame it all on aliens.

And why is Sawyer the only one so annoyed by the constant white flash and change in time every 10 minutes or so? It's already bugging the heck out of me! :BangHead:

I assume this is the same wheel that Creepy Ben uses to turn and move the island in later time? So, should we believe that some ancient person ended up having his ship wrecked there and encased in rock or are we looking at an ancient alien ship?

It is the Giant Frozen Donkey Wheel Ben used last year to move the Island. I firmly believe it's been used before by Charles Widmore and that's why he wants to find the Island, but isn't actuaally able to get back, like Ben. spoilers--->Though I have seen pictures of Ben on the Island with other Oceanic 6 members and they appear to be there during the Dharma days, Jack, Kate, Juliet, Hurley and Sawyer were all wearing Dharma jumpsuits in those picture. They must be jumping in time as well or Ben managed to get them back on the Island in a different year(it looks like the 70's) <--- Edited by galaxygirl

I assume this is the same wheel that Creepy Ben uses to turn and move the island in later time? So, should we believe that some ancient person ended up having his ship wrecked there and encased in rock or are we looking at an ancient alien ship?

It is the Giant Frozen Donkey Wheel Ben used last year to move the Island. I firmly believe it's been used before by Charles Widmore and that's why he wants to find the Island, but isn't actuaally able to get back, like Ben. spoilers--->Though I have seen pictures of Ben on the Island with other Oceanic 6 members and they appear to be there during the Dharma days, Jack, Kate, Juliet, Hurley and Sawyer were all wearing Dharma jumpsuits in those picture. They must be jumping in time as well or Ben managed to get them back on the Island in a different year(it looks like the 70's) <---

Thanks, galaxygirl, for that spoiler. :hellowave:

But still, how did the Donkey Wheel end up in the middle of rock? Is there a rational explanation that you've heard or that I missed? Is my alien theory totally off base? :1smile:

I haven't run into anything that explained the Frozen Donkey Wheel being in that rock. I also haven't read anything about aliens. Lots of theories about the time jumping thing on the Fuselage.com, which is where I get 99.9% of my info at.

I predict.....

That the show will end (the last season) with the island being "fixed" and therefore none of it happened, and the flight will land in LA as originally intended, and everyone will go their separate ways, not knowing each other.

I predict.....

That the show will end (the last season) with the island being "fixed" and therefore none of it happened, and the flight will land in LA as originally intended, and everyone will go their separate ways, not knowing each other.

I agree. I think it's either that or it ends the same way it started in the pilot with Jack waking up in the jungle.

so what did everyone think of the final?

I for one feel bad about all the shit I talked on Juliet ... I like her now :)

I didn't like her until she hooked up with Sawyer. I shed a tear to see how it ended for them. :(

Good finale! I've gotten so use to be annoyed by Lost but this finale was truly good! :1smile:

This was one of the best season finales I've ever seen. I think Miles was right and they created the Incident like it has always happened. Chang lost his hand during it, and as far as can I remember he lost it during the Incident since he was fine on one station orientation video and he had a prostetic arm in the Swan video. Obviously they are still going to built the Swan(and Radzinski is still going to blow his brains out in it) if we keep going with the mindset of whatever happened, happened.

I wonder if Jacob gets 'reincarnated' into someone else's body now he died just like the other guy did on the beach. Someone we know as well, like Jack, so setting Jack and Locke up against each other for one last time.

Ugh, 2010 :BangHead:

I hate that Juliette is gone because now the love triangle with Sawyer, Kate, and Jack will continue. And I really thought Sawyer and Juliette made a great match during the 3 years together. I really like Sawyer more and more each season.

I hate that Juliette is gone because now the love triangle with Sawyer, Kate, and Jack will continue. And I really thought Sawyer and Juliette made a great match during the 3 years together. I really like Sawyer more and more each season.

I like Juliette too. Maybe Sawyer will carry a torch for her and Kate will pine for him, but never be able to get him back. That is IF they do anything more than land safely in LA. LOL.

Or it's going to be like Groundhog Day and the end will be like galaxygirl said, and it will end at the beginning.

I guess I'm in the minority as I didn't love the finale. I did love the Juliet/Sawyer thing and I admit I cried when they had to let go. I am so bored with Jack and Kate. Why couldn't one of them have died? The whole Jack/Kate/Sawyer triangle is over, done with and should not be brought up again unless they want all the air sucked out of the room.

Some critic suggested that a show with Rose, Bernard and Miles on their little patch of paradise would have been a great spinoff and I agree :4biggrin: