princess

Kelsey Grammer & Camille Donatacci

people.com

ANTICIPATED: Frasier star Kelsey Grammer, 49, and his wife, former Playboy model Camille Donatacci, 36, are expecting a baby through a surrogate mother later this month, reports PEOPLE. The couple's daughter Mason, 2, was also born to a surrogate. Grammer has two daughters from previous relationships.

What was the scoop in Kelsey, wasn't he accused of sleeping with underaged girls years ago when he was drinking like a fish?? :huh:

Another Kid for Kelsey

EOnline.com

by Bridget Byrne

Aug 30, 2004, 2:05 PM PT

Just what the doctor ordered: a baby boy.

Former Frasier Kelsey Grammer and his wife, Camille, have announced the birth of "a happy and healthy son."

Jude Gordon Grammer was delivered by a surrogate mother at 4:11 a.m. Saturday in Sacramento, California, weighing in at 7 pounds 11 ounces. The Grammers already have a daughter, Mason Olivia, born in October 2001, also via a surrogate mother.

As with Mason's birth mother, the identity of Jude's surrogate was not disclosed.

Grammer, 49, is a triple Emmy winner for essaying neurotic shrink Dr. Frasier Crane in Cheers and Frasier . Like his former TV alter ego, Grammer is twice divorced: He and first wife Doreen Alderman split in 1990; he and second missus Leigh-Anne Cushany divorced in 1993. Grammer also has two other daughters: Spencer, 19, from his marriage to Alderman; and Greer, 12, from his relationship with makeup artist Barrie Buckner.

Kelsey married the former Camille Donatacci, who turns 36 Thursday, in August 1997, after they met on a blind date the year before. She is an ex-Playboy Playmate and Club MTV dancer who now teams with her husband to speak out on irritable bowel syndrome, which she suffers from.

Kelsey, who ended his 11-year run on Frasier (and his 20th overall as the character) in May, will next appear on television this Thanksgiving as the miserly Ebenezer Scrooge in NBC's new version of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol, costarring Jason Alexander and Law & Order's Jesse L. Martin.

Additionally, Grammer's Grammnet production company is responsible for the sitcom Girlfriends about to begin its fifth season on UPN, and he's producer and host of Kelsey Grammer Presents: The Sketch Show, a hit in England, scheduled to premiere on Fox in January 2005.

people.com

BORN: Frasier star Kelsey Grammer, 49, and his wife, former Playboy model Camille Donatacci, are the parents of a boy, born Saturday through a surrogate mother, the Associated Press reports. []b]Jude Gordon Grammer weighed 7 lbs. 11 oz. and was born at 4:11 a.m. Saturday in Sacramento, Calif. He is now in Los Angeles with his parents[/b], who married seven years ago. "They are happy and healthy," said publicist Stan Rosenfield. The couple's daughter, Mason Olivia, was born to a surrogate mother in October 2001.

Anyone got scoop why they always go surrogate?

EOnline.comSICK BAY: Kelsey Grammer's wife, Camille, recovering from a near-fatal ailment. Grammer, who left Washington, D.C., after hosting an inaugural event to be with his wife, said she "picked up a really terrible bug in Italy" last summer and was wasting away from an intestinal parasite. He said it would take her about a year to recover.

I actually have a warm spot in my cynical heart for this couple & hope that he isn't relapsing.

Frasier wants Ecstasy...for psychiatric purposes of course

— Thu, Jan 4, 2007 —

mollygood

Though this item doesn't involve our usual array of celebs, I thought it was too funny to pass up. A MollyGood tipster (send 'em in, folks) whose friend "works at a really poo poo chi chi resort in Vail where tons of celebs go to "detox" with fancy mud, etc." wrote in this story:

A few weeks ago Kelsey Grammar was [at the resort], and apparently he was going to great lengths to score some drugs, specifically 'E'. I thought this was funny, cuz I didn't even know anyone still did Ecstasy! I guess these old guys are slow to jump on the bandwagon.

Well, I suppose he could have been on his way to a rave...

KELSEY GRAMMER: A MENSCH IF THERE EVER WAS ONE

Filed Under: Kelsey Grammer

Kelsey Grammer must be the perfect husband. He's one of the richest men in Hollywood thanks to his two long running series (Cheers and Frasier) and he has a new sitcom with Patricia Heaton, "Back to You" debuting this fall. Yet he STILL has time to run out and pick up dinner to go for the wife and kids at Nobu.

Posted by Janet Charlton on July 29, 2007 6:56 PM

• Driving Mr. Chintzy

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/awful/index.jsp

Even though stars have megamoney, amazing houses and tons of green, some aren't the most generous tippers...This is a surprise? Hardly. Indeed, some celebs don't tip at all. Take Kelsey Grammer, for ince. The dude's got two Golden Globes, too many Emmys and a new show about newspeeps called Back to You, but he still failed to tip a driver recently. I know I'm disappointed, you?

The hired hand was way mad that even after helping Kelsey with his bags and waiting outside for a very long time, Frasier himself didn't even deign to give a dollar to his driver.

The Beckhams also allegedly don't tip, according to this same fancy-butt carrier, but maybe it's because they're British? Nice to know there are some celebrated hons, on the other manicured hand, who are mucho generous to service peeps: “Clint Eastwood is the best,” dishes one liveried worker bee. “Total class act and never has an entourage.”

Come to think of it, Eastwood's one of the few Oscar collectors we've seen backstage at the Academy Awards who actually likes to stay and dish awhile. Knew he was different.

Kelsey Grammer to play Scrooge

Actor lined up for modern-day 'Carol' feature

By TATIANA SIEGEL

Kelsey Grammer will reprise the role of Ebenezer Scrooge for the indie satire "An American Carol," directed by "Scary Movie 4" helmer David Zucker.

Grammer, who previously played Dickens' stingy protag in the NBC-Hallmark production of "A Christmas Carol" in 2004, will play a modern-day Ebenezer in new film, which lampoons contemporary American culture, particularly Hollywood. Zucker penned the screenplay along with Myrna Sokoloff.

Stephen McEveety and Zucker are financing the pic; production is scheduled to start Feb. 28 in Los Angeles.

Grammer will shoot the film and his Fox series "Back to You" concurrently. In the summer, Grammer will star in Disney's "Swing Vote." His film credits include "X-Men: The Last Stand" and "Toy Story 2."

Trace Adkins To Play The Grim Reaper

Country singer Trace Adkins is to play the Ghost Of Christmas Future in Kelsey Grammer's new patriotic version of Charles Dickens' classic "A Christmas Carol."

The singer will haunt Grammer's Ebenezer Scrooge in a new historic adaptation of the hit festive tale, called "An American Carol." Adkins joins a cast that includes Jon Voight, Leslie Nielsen and Dennis Hopper, who all have cameos.

It's not Adkins' first film role - he featured in horror film Trailer Park Of Terror. The country star also finished runner-up to British journalist Piers Morgan in Donald Trump's reality TV series Celebrity Apprentice last month

Grammer says 'Back to You' won't be back on Fox

AP

LOS ANGELES - Kelsey Grammer said Tuesday that Fox is dropping his sitcom "Back to You," calling the decision a surprise and a shame.

"They have let it go," Grammer told The Associated Press. "We were told all this time we were in good shape and we were coming back."

On Friday, Grammer taped an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel's talk show promoting the series. When the veteran sitcom star ("Cheers," "Frasier") arrived home later that evening he received a call telling him that the show was canceled.

"Back to You," co-starring Patricia Heaton and set in a Pittsburgh TV station newsroom, debuted strongly last fall with nearly 9.5 million viewers. But its audience has slipped, with last week's episode drawing just under 7 million viewers.

Television watching overall is down, a trend that's been blamed in part on lingering effects of a 100-day writers strike that shut down TV production.

Fox's fall schedule is set to be announced Thursday in New York. The network declined comment on the fate of "Back to You."

Grammer said he spoke with Fox executives Peter Liguori and Kevin Reilly on Saturday and that they didn't fully explain the decision. He speculated that their interest in the show had "waned" so they were unwilling to be patient with it.

"I'm not really sure what the real reasoning is. I think they ended up with a show that was going to be a great show. It was a great show," he said.

An online petition campaign is afoot to save the show and Grammer and his wife, Camille, sent an e-mail note to friends inviting them to jump aboard. Grammer said he's "nursing a tiny hope" that CBS might pick up the show after talking with CBS CEO Leslie Moonves.

"I spoke with Les the other day and he was not completely discouraging," Grammer said, wryly.

Grammer and his wife e-mailed friends that if they wished to voice support for the show to CBS, "you won't hear us complaining."

In an interview, Grammer dismissed talk that the show, with two high-profile TV stars in him and Heaton ("Everybody Loves Raymond"), was too costly for Fox.

"That's rarely a stumbling block if they really want a show," he said. "There are ways around that. They just really didn't want it."

But, he said, this week's episode (8 p.m. EDT Wednesday) is excellent and an example of why "Back to You" deserves to continue.

"It does exactly what you want a sitcom to do. Granted, there are new trends in viewing and it's edgy to watch something with no laugh track," Grammer said. "But when the old form is firing it's the funniest form in the world."

I tried watching the first few episodes but quit when I decided that my dislike for Patricia Heaton was greater than my love for Kelsey Grammer. Everybody Loves Raymond is about the only show I can stand watching her in. Maybe if they dumped her and hired someone else then more people would watch the show.

I tried watching the first few episodes but quit when I decided that my dislike for Patricia Heaton was greater than my love for Kelsey Grammer. Everybody Loves Raymond is about the only show I can stand watching her in. Maybe if they dumped her and hired someone else then more people would watch the show.

Yeah. I wouldn't even check out the show purely because of Heaton being on it. She's horrible on and off the screen. And I like Grammer, but not enough to wipe out my hatred of her.

Yeah. I wouldn't even check out the show purely because of Heaton being on it. She's horrible on and off the screen. And I like Grammer, but not enough to wipe out my hatred of her.

The show was cancelled.

The show was cancelled.

Right... I never watched it because of her, so that's probably why most other people didn't watch. Especially with Grammer's previous record of success.

Kelsey Grammer lobbies to revive ailing sitcom

Actor Kelsey Grammer, whose latest sitcom, "Back to You," was canceled by Fox after one season, said on Wednesday he has personally lobbied CBS executives to give his show a second chance on their network.

But the Emmy-winning veteran of "Cheers" and "Frasier" is finding that his star power may not be enough to save the newsroom comedy, which Fox announced last week would not return in the fall.

Grammer, 53, told Reuters that he called CBS Corp chief executive Leslie Moonves on Monday to suggest a pickup, and that Moonves told him his network was "thinking about it."

A follow-up call the next day to Nina Tassler, the CBS Entertainment president, was less encouraging, Grammer said.

"She dismissed it," he recalled.

So did viewers and many critics.

Grammer plays a pompous TV news anchor who lands back at his old Pittsburgh station with his former co-anchor and paramour, played by "Everybody Loves Raymond" co-star Patricia Heaton. With its big-name cast and producers, it is one of the most expensive comedies on U.S. television.

Grammer, who gained fame playing a pompous shrink for 20 years on "Cheers" and its spinoff "Frasier," said he was surprised by Fox's cancellation, and felt the News Corp-owned network had not given the series enough time to establish itself.

"I really believe in the show. If I didn't I wouldn't have tried to fight for it," he said.

As a kind of throwback to the traditional TV sitcom genre, "Back to You" was widely seen as an odd choice for Fox, a network better known for cartoon fare such as "The Simpsons," edgy dramas like "24" and the hit talent show "American Idol."

The season finale of the show, its very last episode unless another network comes to the rescue, aired on Wednesday.

It is rare -- but not unprecedented -- for a network to rescue a rival's reject. Walt Disney Co's ABC will next season take over the veteran hospital comedy "Scrubs" from NBC, a unit of General Electric Co.

Many have suggested CBS, looking to expand its comedy offerings next season, might be a more natural fit. But the most-watched network earlier on Wednesday announced plans to launch fresh sitcoms on the back of existing fare like "Two and a Half Men" and "The New Adventures of Old Christine."

Grammer is not alone in his quest to keep "Back to You" alive. A spokesman for the show's producer, 20th Century Fox Television, said the studio would "love to explore" options at other networks. Grammer said he has heard little from the studio.

20th Century Fox Television, a corporate sibling of the Fox network, makes shows for all the networks.

(Editing by Dean Goodman)

Copyright © 2008 Reuters Limited

Exclusive: Kelsey Grammer Suffers Heart Attack

June 2, 2008

Cheers and Frasier star Kelsey Grammer suffered a heart attack over the weekend in Hawaii, Star has learned exclusively.

The 53 year old star's rep Stan Rosenfield confirms to Star that Kelsey had a "mild heart attack" on May 31.

"Kelsey is doing fine now and he will be going home tomorrow," Stan says.

Kelsey was swimming on the beach in Kona when he had the attack, according to a local source.

"Kelsey's heart stopped for a few seconds, that's for sure," a source tells Star.

"He was then admitted to the Kona Community hospital where he was treated. Soon after he was airlifted by helicopter to a hospital in Honolulu. I think he went for more tests there. The doctors treated this very seriously."

Kelsey was recently in the news for saying he was relieved that his show Back to You was being canceled.

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - "Frasier" star Kelsey Grammer is expected to attend the parole hearing for a man convicted of killing Grammer's sister in 1975.

Eighteen-year-old Karen Grammer was abducted on July 1, 1975, outside a Red Lobster restaurant after an attempted robbery. She was raped and stabbed in the throat and back.

Fifty-two-year-old Freddie Glenn, who is serving a life sentence in Karen Grammer's slaying, is eligible for parole.

A Department of Corrections spokeswoman says Grammer plans to attend Monday's hearing at the Limon Correctional Facility in Limon, about 90 miles southeast of Denver.

Colorado law no longer allows parole for those sentenced to life in prison for first-degree murder.

Glenn was convicted before the Legislature changed the law in 1990, so it doesn't apply to his case.

In the news reports about this (the guy was denied parole until 2014 when they'll hear his pleas again), I found that Kelsey's father was also murdered (when he was a teenager) and his two half brothers were killed by a shark (!!) Talk about a sucky life - I had no idea. Makes the success even sweeter, I suppose...

I thought he was surprisingly good in X-Men 3. I've got to get Frasier on DVD, that show is a classic!

I remember reading an article about him, in People I think, and it was like every member of his family was either murdered, raped, or the victim of a violent crime. :(

I remember reading that too. he said he used to blame his alcoholism on it but then decided he couldn't use that as a excuse for drinking. I love the show Fraiser and watch the reruns all the time. I love Niles!!!

I laughed so hard I was crying while watching an episode where Niles was trying to iron his pants. Does anyone remember this? This is the kind of programming that is sorely missing from today's television, old fashioned slap-stick comedy like Dick VanDyke, Lucille Ball and Carol Burnett, etc.

I've always liked Kelsey Grammer and thought he played pompous yet human Frasier with wit and integrity.

I laughed so hard I was crying while watching an episode where Niles was trying to iron his pants. Does anyone remember this? This is the kind of programming that is sorely missing from today's television, old fashioned slap-stick comedy like Dick VanDyke, Lucille Ball and Carol Burnett, etc.

I've always liked Kelsey Grammer and thought he played pompous yet human Frasier with wit and integrity.

the classic valentines day episode. I liked the 2nd story in that episodes. I agree w/ you about KG.